The names Bond. James Bond

The names Bond. James Bond.

How did we let things get like this?

I don't get it. Why him of all black actors? He doesn't look Bond material, but I'll just have to wait and see for him to prove me wrong.

The name's Booga. Ooga Booga.

>WE WAZ SPIES AN SHIEEET

At least Elba is tall and masculine. Ooga Booga has hips wider than his shoulders.

'ello mistah Bond me names White..

White Pussy Galore, at ya service

james bond with childbearing hips? sure why not.

jfc what an ugly bond. at least Elba was good looking

Jamal Bond

>the names Bondaquarius. Jamaal Bondaquarius.

>James
you mean JaTavious

nice trips also its Jamal not James

Ja'Montae Bonquaveous

True. Elba is super suave and British, too. Honestly, I was skeptical when it was first thrown around as a possibility of him playing Bond, but it would work really well, I think.

The only real shame of an Elba Bond would be that he would be forever lauded as 'THE FIRST BLACK 007' rather than just the next talented actor to play James Bond. He wouldn't just get to be stand on his own merit (which is a legacy of talent, really), but on the fact that he's black and that 007 is make a "bold, progressive move" or something.

Also, Dark Tower looks cool.

>tfw we already had 3 female James Bonds in the 60s
>still no black Bond

lol

DT doesn't look like DT, but it does look cool.

True. I'll enjoy it though, I'm pretty sure.

Me too. Fantasy cowboy is very interesting to me.

But... what if it's another Cowboy and Aliens/Jonah Hex? They sucked.

Don't blackstain characters. That's no better than whitewashig. Just make a brand new black spy character. Wotampo Mbebe, international superspy. No one will be upset.

Well, Hex was more about style over substance, I think, and Cowboys and Aliens was more about the novelty of such a film, I think. It's been a while since I saw that one.

DT has the Dark Cowboy Fantasy vibe to it, which is really cool and refreshing to see, plus the "two worlds" narrative type which I always seem to enjoy.

I mean, on just a surface level, some of the shit in the trailer was just sweet, too. Even him reloading his gun was fucking cool.

You can't make as much money if it's a new brand than if it's an old one with a new skin (literally).

>at least I have the constitution

Elba is too fucking old. Bond movies come out no less than 2 or 3 years apart (sometimes longer), and Craig still has one to go. Elba would be nearing 50 by the time the first film with a new Bond starts production.

To be fair an older bond could theoretically work, they could include his age into the storyline; an added vulnerability and human element if you will.

does idris elba shills himself on this fucking board

He has too wide hips to be JB

They did. It was called Never Say Never Again.

>which is a legacy of talent, really
Not really. He has no range and will never have a great role beyond meme gangster shit like Stringer Bell.

Wasn't that the plot of Skyfall too

>The next Bond will have Klinefelters

idk, I didn't see it

Now that's one blackwasj I'd be okay with because the actor is both a nice guy and a great actor.

>The name's Ooga, Ooga Booga.

>