Tfw it's not going to flop

>tfw it's not going to flop

God damn already got half it's budget back in just one week of domestic US sales.

Other urls found in this thread:

slashfilm.com/lucasfilm-tells-darth-vader-that-return-of-the-jedi-hasnt-made-a-profit/
vulture.com/2016/07/paul-feig-ghostbusters-reboot-c-v-r.html
en.yibada.com/articles/143828/20160721/ghostbusters-2.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=pBcehv2Xh8o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Aussie you do realize films have to make more than it's budget back (ads, distribution, even more marketing) to be able to break even the real break even point for the film is around 300 million

Yeah but it's only been one week, domestic, no way it won't make over 300 in the end.

They ruined Ghostbusters for the next decade.
Guess what happens if they want to release a box with all three movies? Shitstorm.
Guess what happens if they announce a second Ghostbusters movie? Shitstorm.
Paul Feig is probably not going to get a big budget for his movies in the next years.

Still not one cent profit. You need to consider all those millions they spend to advertise this shit because they screwed up with their marketing before. Their plan was to establish a franchise, like those superhero movies or Star Wars.

As an investor I would take my money out of Sony.

chill, it'll probably flop

43 mil opening weekend. It's already flopped.

feig said the movie needs to make 500 million to be a success

I'm glad, it was a good movie. What they did to Slimer and his wife was a little over the top but the rest was funny.

Nah this thing is a flop. Literally everyone who is going to see that movie has seen it now. Watch as it plummets from here on out. The next few weekends will bury it with the releases.

>trusting Hollyjew math
>ever

slashfilm.com/lucasfilm-tells-darth-vader-that-return-of-the-jedi-hasnt-made-a-profit/

The kikes are going to tell you whatever they need investors to hear.

Empty theaters are not pulling in those numbers.

Apparently they spent $100 million on advertising too. A movie with such a huge budget needs at least $400 million to not be a flop

The real measure of a movie's popularity is hype. After the first week it wanes. The new one didn't even have that much hype in the first week.

They will try their hardest to make the film look like a success, but this bait won't pull toward the investors who put money into the movie and clearly lose money if you consider the promotion costs etc. And if they fail to live up to the marketing hype, not even jews are going to support a sequel if it doesnt make them money.

the warcraft movie did better its first week

let that sink in

Paul already has announced the second one.

is this the part where you're dumb enough to ignore the fact it says PRODUCTION budget and doesn't include the marketing and other miscellaneous costs

Jurassic World made back it's $150 million budget in two days

Ghostbusters is half way there after more than a week

You know nothing about film profits Op. Profitable films almost always break even or go higher in the first week.

It's going to flop, mate. If it already didn't break even, it never will.

its flopping as we speak. it took a week to make back half of its production budget and china isn't going to be housing the film if i heard correctly.

in a week this movie took in about as much as the lost world jurrasic park did in a single weekend in 97.

Probably because Sup Forums insulted that actress on Twitter, kek. Free media coverage.

Great. But who is going to pay for it?

So first off, you're a faggot, OP
Second off, it's been said in this thread multiple times but i'm going to echo it: the movie needs to make significantly more than that to pay for itself, and if it doesn't break even it is CERTAINLY not going to get a sequel. If it doesn't get a sequel, we win. You fucking faggot.

Free media coverage does not always mean more tickets sold

only because sony is so cucked they felt bad and poured in more money to fight the meany sexists

>Paul Feig is probably not going to get a big budget
He's insane, literally. He's obsessed with that fat ugly not funny woman. He did already like ten movies with her. He doesn't give a fuck if movie is a completely shit. He's crazy. He loves that big pile of elephant shit. I think if he wasn't so lucky and didn't make his career to a hollywood, he would probably film that whore in his basement jerking his dick. He doesn't give a fuck, completely. Ratings? Fans? Money? Fuck you, here's another bbw "comedy".

I'm sure it'll come out around the same time as the Halo movie.

Total budget is over 300mil

>Cuntbusters makes $75 mil in one week
>flopping bad
>sequel coming even if it flops
>Dredd barely reaches budget even though it's one of the best films of the past 15 years
>no sequel probably ever
>Hollyjewd is dead

Wall street speculation tax

Actually, it's made about a quarter of its production budget (not counting marketing etc.). Remember, the theaters get about half the box office.

Thats a marketing ploy to make the movie appear to be more successful so they can trick people into going to see it. God damn optimist manchild

fucking ouch, lol

>JewJew Abrams highly [financially] successful Star Trek series has its 3rd release this weekend
>ST:Beyond is reviewing rave reviews
Ghostbastards is fucked

Loved that show.

OP, look at the movies that debut next week.
Ghostbusters was #2 of the weekend it came out in, losing to a budget CGI movie. Why do you think it will win against the likes of Bourne and Suicide Squad?

I'm refusing to watch this film. Is this the beginning of constant feminist remakes?

>you will never see a Dredd sequel

Why live?

X-Men Apocalypse was okay

Sup Forums was wrong, as usual. You live in a hugbox, needing constant validation from your fellow autistic manchildren to stave off the crushing cognitive dissonance. Because deep down, you know your side shrinks more and more, every day, and will ultimately be left in the dustbin of history.

This is what it feels like to lose the culture war, once and for all. This is what it feels like to be on the wrong side of history.

what were the results of the warcraft movie anyway

it completely disapeared after release

>Hollyjewd

Sony is a Japanese company.

They are utter failures.

The only hype this film got was a brief clip on the news that Leslie got trolled hard. It's doomed to fail.

Mfw they reboot this reboot, have it star gay Milo, and it makes a fortune.

>God damn already got half it's budget back in just one week of domestic US sales.

A movie has to make 3x to break even.

>you will never see a Dredd sequel

Will there be a trolling round 2?

Didn't both movies star the same orc?

All I have to say is:

Trump Administration

let that sink it. Day of the Rope is near

>hurr durr
What were you saying?

First week or two is where most of the money is made. It will probably make $150m, $200m if they're lucky, when all's aid and done, recouping it's budget but not the $100+m in advertising. Ergo, a flop.

There's scenes floating round on youtube, garbage cam scenes but you can hear the acting and writing well enough.

Absolute fucking garbage. Like it was written by a quip-o-matic 9000. I don't really care about fem-busters, but it's just badly written and the characters have no chemistry.

Shame, because i watched a film called The Boss with the fat chick in the other night and it was actually pretty funny, and she was great in it.

>ads, distribution, marketing

what is a budget??

Those are not included in the budget.

>150M budget
>140M+++ marketing
>studio only receives 50% of ticket sales, similar or less ratio overseas
>banned in china
>cant beat a second week old Life of Pets in its opening week
>Star Trek, Ice Age, Suicide Squad opening very soon

paul fag himself said it has to make 500M to be even remotely profitable

he got so desperate he had to make up fake drama about how he wanted a character to be gay but the studio didnt allow it (please come see this movie, SJWs!!)

i bet the 8 hr leslie jones chimpout was planned too

basically this

Production costs. Retard.

>studio only receives 50% of ticket sales, similar or less ratio overseas

From overseas they receive far less. The word is around 10% or 15%.

You do realize that movie sales are front-loaded, even moreso when the movie is shitty?

Ghostbusters didn't even top it's own opening weekend. It lost to Secret Life of Pets on its SECOND weekend. Completely downhill from here.

>paul fag himself said it has to make 500M to be even remotely profitable

Link? Holy shit.

>Half back in two weeks
That's actually a disaster. The budget doesn't include advertising and they pushed this like maniacs and it's performing like shit overseas. It's going to get buried by Ice Age, Star Trek, and the Secret Life of Pets' 3rd weekend.

"Yaay we broke even and earned 350 bucks! Gonna buy that psvr thing!"

Mexico

its that low? its game over for them

vulture.com/2016/07/paul-feig-ghostbusters-reboot-c-v-r.html

i saw the movie and its not clear where they spent the money

the cg is average and the script is flat; the actors are grotesque looking (its 4 ugly women in stupid looking outfits saying boring lines with an plot that makes no sense)

reviewers who gave this shitty movie a good rating should be flogged

warcraft did well thanks to chinas love of the series m8

One more time for the phys ed majors on pol:

>Ghostbusters cost $150M to produce plus another $100M in promo plus advertising, or $250M

>Sony gets roughly half of box office take. Distrib n theaters get the other half.

THEREFORE

>The film need to make $500M for Sony to BREAK EVEN. Only then does the studio begin to see a profit.

If box office take isnt good, the theater owners are the ones who decide to pull it. Whenever a movie drops out of sight from theaters, its the theater owners who have closed it so they can get another film in that will bring them ticket and concessions sales.

Ghostbusters is a huge flop and Sony is taking a bath with it

Okay, but if it's flopping why has the sequel been green-lighted?

en.yibada.com/articles/143828/20160721/ghostbusters-2.htm

>go back to Movie Jail

what did he mean by this?

>And if that doesn't work, i will probably have to go back to movie jail
he might as well start pre-stretching his anus now, he's gonna be tasting Uwe Bolls Germanic dick for a long time

Because it would be sexist if they didnt.

Starting on Monday the studio doesn't get as much back from every ticket sale. In a few more weeks they get even less.

Breaking even != success. Even Feig said the movie needs to break $400m to be considered a success.

Making pissant "indie" """"""comedies"""""" with talentless women.

He won't be able to cast Melissa McCarthy in any films now, she's too expensive for him. Probably have Leslie Jones in all his films. She's pretty low rent.

I could tell all that from the trailer. I saved the $13 for some other day.

Deadpool took in $133 million in its opening weekend, and it was R rated.

Because in the case of a tentpole film like this, actors are locked in to sequel(s) so they cant jack up their rates if the film is a megahit. Theyre still promoting this, so principal photography -- if it ever happens -- is still way off.

And yes, theres absolutely a killswitch clause in the contract so the studio can get out of the deal in case the film flops.

Recouping only half the PRODUCTION budget in one week is not good for a big budget franchise movie.

It will recoup the full budget and then some for sure, but that is a flop in this day and age.

Throw in the marketing budget and it's completely fucked.

Throw in the new Star Trek coming out next week and it's beyond fucked.

It's a flop, though not a massive one like Mordecai or something.

It bombed in the US, but chinks fucking loved it. A sequel is likely possible

Production Budget: $144m
Advertising Budget (paying off Jews to promote the film): $200m

Yeah, they aren't going to break even.

When Sony finally admits this is a flop, Feig aint makin a movie for a while

most movies are already making profits by now

The women probably got inflated paychecks for being in the film.

Deadpool made its money back in a weekend

Confined to low budget shit that gets no marketing or attention.

No. He said they don't know yet, but he WANTS a sequel to be made and is "confident" that there will be one.

But if it doesn't make enough money, and it won't, then there won't be one.

Money trumps the SJW stwong womyn bullshit.

>chinks fucking loved it
Wasn't it supposed to be banned?

Why can't abbos math?

China jsnt allowing in their country, only mexico is left for international and I'm not so sure they'd watch it.

With promotional budget, Sony admits it needs to warn $300m+; other analysts put it closer to $400m.

your point?

He's talking about Warcraft.

Also, weekly take tends to half for each extra week. It would have to stay in theaters for months to break even at this rate.

God damn I was just about to mention Dredd.

What a great movie. On a sidenote, I want to see what Alex Garland can do with some capeshit. He does small, story and character driven movies bolstered by action and special effects, while most movies do the inverse.

youtube.com/watch?v=pBcehv2Xh8o
run away you know that'll chase, every bad guy put em right in their place.

It doesn't need to lose money for it to be a disaster

They could have cast Ben Stiller and his mates, and it would have made 300% of the money and cost little more to make

Mishandling a franchise is a disaster/flop

2nd week drop off will be over 60%, I guarantee it.

Is this even running here in Russia? There is zero mention of in on Yandex.

It's a money laundering scheme.

what's funny is it isn't an R rated movie so it shouldn't be struggling, it didn't have to do shit except make a ghostbusters film which they clearly failed

144m doesn't include marketing, which is another 100 million.

A movie that hasn't already made its budget back in the first 2 weeks is almost always going to be a failure or a "marginal success," which is also a failure by studio standards due to the tied-up investment.

Feig is on record as saying that Cisbusters needs to make 500 million "on the low end," so obviously there's other costs and issues that aren't even accounted for by production + marketing.