Game of Thrones forever: HBO developing 4 different spinoffs

>ew.com/tv/2017/05/04/game-of-thrones-prequels-spinoffs/

Four spinofffs planned after the show ends. FOUR.

>HBO is doubling down — no, quadrupling down — on its epic quest to replace Game of Thrones.

>The pay TV network is determined to find a way to continue the most popular series in the company’s history and has taken the highly unusual step of developing four different ideas from different writers. The move represents a potentially massive expansion of the popular fantasy universe created by author George R.R. Martin. If greenlit, the eventual show or shows would also mark the first time HBO has ever made a follow-up series to one of its hits.

>Most of the assigned writers have experience writing major theatrical films, and Martin is personally involved in two of the projects. The show ideas are from Max Borenstein (Kong: Skull Island, Fox’s Minority Report); Jane Goldman (Kingsman: The Secret Service, X-Men: First Class) along with Martin; Brian Helgeland (A Knight’s Tale, L.A. Confidential); and Carly Wray (Mad Men) with Martin.

>HBO isn’t revealing any story details at this time other than that the shows “explore different time periods of George R. R. Martin’s vast and rich universe.”

Pitch your spinoff Sup Forums, and speculate what we will get.

Other urls found in this thread:

awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Gerion_Lannister
theguardian.com/technology/2017/apr/05/call-of-duty-franchise-activision-blizzard-next-disney-marvel-film-franchise
thedradonandthewolf.com/single-post/2017/04/10/The-Hedge-Knight-Season-1-Episode-1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

STOP RUINING ASOIAF REEEEEEEEE

>The Adventures of Dunk & Egg
>Robert's Rebellion
>Aegon Targaryen & the Conquer of Westeros
>The Blackfyre Rebellion

i'd like to see them all desu

>Four spinoffs
Meanwhile HBO can't do justice even GoT itself.
Good luck with spinoofs though ;)

prequels are the fucking worst. grow a fucking sack and continue the story.

Developing four, only one will get made.
Bets on Robert's Rebellion, since it covers characters we already know.

Sounds cool.
Book fags are losers who can fuck off and kill themselves

>>The Adventures of Dunk & Egg
>>Robert's Rebellion

I would say these two are guaranteed to be two of the four.

Personally I would like to see the voyage of the Laughing Lion.

>awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Gerion_Lannister

The Lannister kids favorite uncle, who they all loved. He went on a voyage to old Valyria to retrieve the Lannister house sword and never returned.

>that fat fuck will take even longer to finish the books as he rolls in more wads of cash
Fuck

Pls be Jorah: origins

Endgame right here, brothers.

they're definitely going to do a roberts rebellion miniseries because it's so closely related to the main series. after that i can see them doing a dance of dragons miniseries.

dunk and egg is possible, but they'll probably remove bloodraven because they completely ruined his character in GoT and he's apparently a thousand fucking years old or some shit.

Yeah, when he gave that interview saying they might end the tv series with a movie trilogy you could see the dollar signs in his eyes. "Well those dragons get real BIG by then, we might need a BIG screen to handle it. Ho ho ho."

Wait, didnt he lose the sword on the voyage not go to save it?

i dont know why people want aegon's conquest. it's pretty boring tbqh. it'll just be three cheap CGI dragons breathing fire on everything...

I seriously feel like I'm gonna puke.
Fuck HBo and this shitty show's fanbase and all neckbearded nerd manchildren. Where is Roger Ebert when you need him to put a stop to all this madness.

Why not just make it an anthology series?

No, some family member was visiting Valyria when the doom happened. So he went there to recover it. Tywin later send half a dozen separate ships to find him after he disappeared but no one could find him and most didn't return.

>GoT cinematic universe

that's it lads

hehe

Still better than "The Call of Duty Cinematic Universe" that one gets me every time.

>theguardian.com/technology/2017/apr/05/call-of-duty-franchise-activision-blizzard-next-disney-marvel-film-franchise

i'd like to see some of the stories. D&D won't be involved with whatever gets made, they will just be execs collecting money, so who knows, may turn out to be alright.

first spin off will be hedgeknight

thedradonandthewolf.com/single-post/2017/04/10/The-Hedge-Knight-Season-1-Episode-1

the first spin off will be roberts rebellion

95% of show watchers probably dont even know who dunk is

GRRM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They can learn, it's not that hard. They'll watch anything with the Game of Thrones label slapped on it.

But yeah, most likely the HBO executive would share your opinion and make a Rebellion series.

I really hope they recast Ned and Dayne and completely reshoot the Tower of Joy scene. Won't happen, sadly.

This is why the ASOIAF fan base is cancer. Always trying to sound like they are the most educated fan even though anyone in this thread interested in this topic probably knows much and more than you because there is no fucking end to the series and there won't be so all there is to do is study the series in detail. It also makes me laugh when retards think there will be closure on more obscure topics like Gerion Lannister. The fat man will never even finish filling us in on what happens to his main characters.

ASOIAF is honey to the normiebear trying to feel smart. Definitely worst fan base in our era.

I'm still shocked at how autists can fly into a rage over the most inoffensive of posts.

>Definitely worst fan base in our era

that would be the rick and morty people

>ruinings asoiaf
it literally does nothing to the books that exist, stop being one of those. you can still enjoy something and not enjoy other things that are related to it

Keep crying Sup Forumscuck

checked and keked

of course stein

It's not even close the the worst. Its not even within ten miles of the worst.

Think of The Walking Dead fanbase.
Think of TheFlash/Arrow fanbase.
Think of the Vampire Diaries fanbase (eight seasons!!)
Think of the fucking CSI fanbase, like people with CSI:Miami posters up in their house.

this.

prequels suck because you already know what happens in the end.

THREE WORDS: HELLA FUCKIN' EPIC

ive only ever seen old people watch csi

I would like to see a Coronation Street style drama in Kings Landing. Just people living their daily lives, trying to get by under Lannister rule. No dragons no magic swords, just people drinking mead, doing their jobs, loving, living.

Jesus fucking Christ

Why are they rushing to finish Game of Thrones by shortening seasons and merging book plots if they're planning a gozillion spinoffs? Because they didn't want to have somebody other than Dungeons & Dragons direct the main show?

Martin is a fat cuck and ruined it himself

Are you 9 years old?

me too

welcome to the rest of your life

with a new star wars movie and a new game of thrones season every year forever

Well, you know what, user?

You don't have to fucking watch them.

He does though, or he will be left behind by dank memes and pop culture references.

was not planning on doing that. just their existence makes me sad enough. sad that all this money, talent and cutting edge tech wasn't used to create original and thoughtful entertainment.

Actually it will be 4 series of queen Danaerys bringing much needed feminism and diversity to Westeros and ending the patriarchy and Andal privledge.

We need a series following a time-traveling Bran

You can call it Dr. Hoot

It's;

>new Star Wars movie every year, forever
>new Game Of Thrones season every year, forever
>new MCU capeshit summer movie and new tv series every year, forever

Drink it down. Drink deep.

>Sup Forums begging for roberts rebellion for god knows how long
>suddenly it might actually happen
>waaaa this is bad

Proof that this place only cares about being contrarian.

Hopefully the actually ending of the show is actually good at the spinoffs are prequels giving characters more story. That's the only way I see these not being dogshit.

Remember when HBO was synonymous with quality?

And Avatar.

Fine for me, more interesting than the endless Marvel, DC and SW universes, if we're talking about popular stuff.

>Martin is personally involved in two of the projects.

Winds of Winter confirmed for never happening

you speak about gerion. he went to find the sword loosed by another lannister you twat

>>Sup Forums begging for roberts rebellion for god knows how long
you mean Sup Forums rejects who have been here since 2011 and fucked this place sideways and never left?

yeah ok i guess 'Sup Forums'

GoT plebs

Leave

Why don't they just make an unabridged version of Romance of the Three Kingdoms, that would be just as epic as GoT and last them years and years more.

Sure, because it is America every character would have to played by Lucy Lu or Bai Ling (as America doesn't have any other orientel actors) so it would cost a fortune in CGI, but it would be more than pay for itself from international sales.

I will not watch a single one.

You will, like all the attention whores that hatepost about GOT in this board.

HBO used to make quality entertainment. It has been shit for at least 10 years now and doesn't look like it is coming back.

adapt malazan instead

hes dead dude. this show travel back in time and killed him.

I hope they run Mon Wed Fri Sat so never have to wait more than 48 hours for a GoT episode.

no got faggot fan, you are deluded. you really are the worst fanbase.

Just make a Casterly Rock series with a teenage Jaime and Cersei hiding from guards and fucking in hidden rooms in the castle.

the problem is both these franchises are shoved in our faces. i wouldnt give a fuck if they were not rammed down our throats all the time and stupid fucking nerds (which is everyone these days) didnt scoff at you for not watching their shitty favs.

wait, hold on, with all the time travel and shit, will GOT become the new doctor who

>It's a Bran wargs into Jaime fucking Bran warged into Cersei while Bran warged into Bran watches Bran warged into Cersei getting fucked by Bran warged into Jaime from the window episode
>*Dr Who theme*

this is giving me a quantium leap vibe

>Sup Forums has spent years begging for a Robert's Rebellion or Aegon's Conquest spinoff
>suddenly everybody hates that HBO apparently heard their pleas

D A N C E
A
N
C
E
of Dragons

The best spinoff would have been The Adventures of Arya and The Hound.

Set between when she gets that pony and his "death". Just riding around wartorn Westeros, eating chickens, meeting people, helping people, killing King Joff's men, having adventures, The Hound teaching Arya how to survive.

They were the best thing about that season.