Is this the most significant thing to happen to horror in 20 years?

Is this the most significant thing to happen to horror in 20 years?

Other urls found in this thread:

pcgamer.com/more-people-watch-gaming-videos-and-streams-than-hbo-netflix-espn-and-hulu-combined/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>horror

Yes. It managed to do what zombie movies never could. Makes you wonder why there was never a zombie movie series following the same group of survivors.

cause they die you little cock, they dont have plot armor

like in snyder's zombkino dawn of the dead

>Zombies
>Not horror

might be horror if any of the characters were believable
but because they're not, nothing is grounded in reality and thus there's no feeling of terror
so it definitely is not horror, much like Scary Movie 1-5

>season finale was mostly closeups of Sasha's sweaty nigger face
>no "big swingin dick" speech
>[tiger out of nowhere]

Gosh that was an awful episode

>cause they die you little cock, they dont have plot armor
Haha what the hell? You don't think it would've been wise of a director to follow a group of survivors over a series of movies? It's fiction retard. Either they have plotarmor or they die in hamfisted ways. That doesn't mean it wouldn't have been interesting to do TWD sooner with the production values and pacing of films.

Horror has to be grounded in reality? Are you retarded?

I hope you don't sincerely think The Walking Dead is a good or important TV show, user.

I wish this show never existed so that we'd have a chance of getting an actually decent zombie drama TV series.

Of course it does.
Look at Alien with Sigourney Weaver--nothing about it was expressly unbelievable.

I've never seen it. I am a fan of horror movies though, and TWD dominates the horror 'community' in a way I have not seen since Scream came out. So, in that sense, it is important.

Horror movies have unbelievable things in them all the time. Fuck, there's an entire subgenre to horror dealing with demons and ghosts. The fact that those things don't exist is what makes the movie interesting in the first place.

fantasy has to be grounded in reality to be actually good and believable user, it doesn't mean the exclusion of fantastical elements

It has gotten real stale.

I imagine everyone is only watching it for Norman Reedus.

Every single time is gonna be the group comes into another group of survivors. that group has a dark secret. the group clashes with the other group. infighting causes the zombies to attack them, the survivors win but they have to move on.

The first episode of the first season was literally kino. Every single episode since then was absolute garbage

That's debatable, some of the best fantasy out there is absurdist in nature. And I didn't say anything about TWD being good.

28 Days Later

Why are there no cars on his side of the road?

>all tension gone when you realize theyre gonna be in the next flick

no, your face is

this is how I feel, but for some reason I still watch it

>apocalypse drama with zombies in background
truly the shittest thing that happened to the zombie apocalypse concept
it basically ruined zombie movies/shows for everyone

The main character can die at the end of one movie and then the next movie can follow the other characters. There are infinite possibilities. The audience can know ahead of time magically that the main character will never die. That doesn't mean there can't be dramatic character development over the course of a movie series. Does not mean you can't be surprised or invested in the actions of the character or fear for the lives of the supporting cast. People always say that they want a story where the hero becomes the villian. That could've been a dope trilogy. Imagine one that was handled well for once unlike the Star Wars prequels.

Season 1 was alright I guess.
Everything after that was pure comedy.

TWD is not horror. It's not even really a zombie show. It's a survival drama/soap opera.

It's the most significant thing to happen to Soap Operas in the last 20 years

>I wish this show never existed so that we'd have a chance of getting an actually decent zombie drama TV series.
Or a worse show would've been made or no show at all. You're a dumb faggot who would most likely hate said zombie show anyways. You faggots claim everything that isn't Sopranos isn't worth watching. (Oh and you typically give ABC's L O S T a free pass weirdly enough)

Don't forget the worst music choice in the entirety of walking dead during the final fight. It was like I was watching a parody.

>it's a shell-shocked Rick episode

walking dead is pure shit and you're 100% pleb

stopped watching in the first season, it was a waste of time

>watching TWD past the first season
why?

/thread

I would say the proliferation of Netflix and the trend of retro 80s style film catching on were more influential.

they were all trying to escape the city, of course.

Paranormal Activity

>netflix
Netflix is smalltime, Twitch is the future
pcgamer.com/more-people-watch-gaming-videos-and-streams-than-hbo-netflix-espn-and-hulu-combined/
The age of movies is over, the time of the vidya has begun.

The first two seasons were good.

They hired a different writer or something after fhat because the dialogue has become so forced.

Is the comics filled with people spouting random ass crazy bullshit?