Why are Spain and Italy first world countries but not Uruguay?

Why are Spain and Italy first world countries but not Uruguay?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=VSPtHIO8yQw
nearshoreamericas.com/uruguay-software-mobile-exports/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

boh :^)

boh :^)

because communism

Corrupt commies and full centralized, this country is just Montevideo and PDE, the rest of the country is literally forgotten and poor

What does Uruguay have to do with these two countries?

Uruguay will soon be first world, but it will never be a real country.

We were richer than both until the 70s when the USA started it's Condor OP and put dictators that stole everything and made almost every highly skilled professionals leave the country while lowering the quality of our education.

Where did they leave to?

Why not just educate more people?

Uruguay is first world. Its only larping latin americans and people who want to look tough that say it isnt

> emigration rate 3 times higher than the shithole of Columbia
> 1st world
Select one

>Why not just educate more people?

The teachers leave.

>Where did they leave to?

Europe. It happened in Chile and Argentina, chile was the world leader in seismology for example. Now they all work in murrika or europe.

Troubling neighbours

a lot went to your count, my grandfather for example

Ths US were fucked up but it was also the fault of the commies terrorist sucking the dick of Cuba who attracted their attention on you and others.

in fact if a lot of South American countries are poor today it's the fault of Cuba's influence.
but againt the goddamn burgers can't even stop a shitty dictator on a meme island.

Nothing good comes if you imitate Argentina.

>Spain
HDI: .884
GDP per capita: ~26,000
Population: ~46m (relevant because of per capita)

>Italy
HDI: .887
GDP per capita: ~30,000
Population: ~60m

>Uruguay
HDI: .791
GDP per capita: ~16,000
Population: 3m

You tell me OP

thats because its a non country, not because it isnt 1st world

Uruguay isnt white enough.

>in fact if a lot of South American countries are poor today it's the fault of Cuba's influence.

God, the american retardations is spreading

kek

I told a census that I was a black woman once

I'm a white guy

>in fact if a lot of South American countries are poor today it's the fault of Cuba's influence.
This is so fucking retarded

False image how could a latin american country with negroid slaves be white?

Trust me comrade, if uruguay had substancial white population they would be equals to iberia.

still way too much Native genes

First you need to understand what the fuck is first world (aparently most people don't record this class in school).
During the cold war. The world had being divided in 3 blocks.
>first world
Lead by america, basicly NATO members...
>the soviet-sino block (there is no such thing as second world)
Lead by the Soviets and Chinese
>third world
Non ailed countries.

The today "first" world is just a meme used by journalists that don't understand history.
The correct term, is "Developed world" and "in development".

You’re an asshole dude, you think of yourself as an Iberian and can’t even grow a decent beard like me

Fun fact.
Portugal and Greece where first world, but Sweden was third world because chose neutrality.

I am dumb and forgot the map.

>self reported

USA is full of niggers, yellows, mexicans and indians. Why do you think you're white?

If we go by that Haiti and Uruguay are developing countries, that doesn't make them the same

For a developed country that make the rules, yes, it does...

Welcome to the world ruled by america.

This
I fucking hate america only for all the manipulation they got to preserve their shitty first place as superpower

still better than chilly :^)

but muh hdi

Explain Singapore, Panama, Costa Rica or Luxembourg. Those are non-countries too and people aren't leaving in droves

I know first hand the scum of Indio genes. 1 drop ruins societies. Your country is perfect proof.

0n, it's just a damn joke

meme numbers, go live real life in both places and tell me :^)

being small is gift from God

Being mestizo is a curse...

>think
I am Iberian my mothers and fathers lineage all TRACE TO CASTILLA.

>Panama
>non-country
>Colombian flag

i think it's a 50-50 thing, USA put a coup here, which is obviously not irrelevant, it made a lot of corruption, a lot of industries closed due the economic crisis and a lot of deaths and repression. The other 50 is just us, post-dictatorship, this part is our fault, democracy here is good, institutions are stable, but we still have a lot of problems and corruption. Cuba was just some influence here for the commies, USSR also made his part and funded a lot of guerrillas, not just here, but in whole South America.

it's not like this, probably 15 years ago, but now there's everything here

It is a Colombian department, that's common knowledge senpai

every country has emigration, hermano

Yes, you are absolutely right.
But rich country want us to call them expats, and not immigrants.

Teddy would like to have some words with you

Probably some knee jerk reaction because the us supported someone that hated Communism. If these Latin countries would stop running to Cuba and sucking their dick the first second they got this wouldn't happen

80% of our emigration is people going to the other side of a small river and being in Argentina, just to put an example going from my City to Montevideo by bus takes 5 hours while going to Argentina takes 15 minutes.
The other big number is Spain which is more permanent and followed behind by the US but every other combined is still less than people that work or study part-time in Buenos Aires or Entre Rios.

Nah, MontevideANOs always think they're the center of the world.

Yes you have a couple blocks where peruvians and dominicans live but that's it.

You don't know shit about south america history during the cold war.

and the current party ruling this country is not commie, it was in the first administration, but now they are more right-wing than some self-denominated 'right-wing' parties here

El CastellANO Ibero es EL MAS PODEROSO EN EL MUNDO, el CASTELLANO CONQUISTA TODO CON HONOR Y GLORIA, EL CASTELLANO CONQUISTO EL NUEVO MUNDO Y EL CALIPHATO DE CORDOBA.

EL CASTELANO NUNCA SE RINDE Y SIEMPRE ES PLVS ULTRA.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=VSPtHIO8yQw

Oy vey!
It's like da Operation Condor all over again!!

t."30%"

>but not Uruguay?

and pls say rational things, no memeing with the "they're poor because they're not white"

Ahh yes the cry of the lazy Latin. Keep quoting events the us had nothing to do with

Just ignore the fuckers who say that.

I just point out that we where not communist like you presume.

But youre not white, correct?

Why are you obsessed with this? What is wrong with america?

see the numbers and have your own conclusions, but having a white population will not make you rich

Its true though, regardless of your opinion on race not mattering.

Uruguay is minority white.

correct, neither are you
now fuck off

So what. Does this make america looks more white?

What the fuck do you want us to export when our only resource is grass?

Last time I checked you can't turn fresh grass into precious metals or petroleum

Well. SK also does't have vast deposits of natural resources.

What is agriculture/ranching

This is exactly what they do.
The problem is that Uruguay is rounded by Argentina and Brazil, and we also produce enough products for us.

Not having vast deposits>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>having air

Also their country is like a million years old
You mean what we already do? this country is a farm for fucks sake our electricity comes from windmills and water

something not nearly as valuable as going around the world killing people to sustain the Petrodollar

>a shitty dictator on a meme island.
About who are you even talking?

>grow corn
>export ethanol/biofuels
you have universities right? Have the govt pay them to fund ethanol production. More corn goes to fuel than to humans in the US

We produce enough food to feed 50 million people.

It's funny because Argentina and Brazil buy our electricity and Internet. If they stopped being corrupt maybe the whole region would be allowed to grow, we're now doing the TLC with China on our own because Brazil tried everything to lock it. I can't count how many times they've fucked over the TLC with the EU we've negociated, I mean selling rotten meat? are you serious?

Fuck agriculture, too much work. Cows are much easier, they do all the work. Then I have time to go to the beach or sit comfortably to see the landscape and the birds. All this without being shot.

doubt, it all ends up in your Coca Cola and you guys drink more of that shit than the rest of the world combined

>ethanol
>corn

America, the energy output of ethanol extracted from corn in lesser than the energy input to produce/extract.
Your government is the only one who does this to subsidy farmers.

>Uuguayan intellectuals

What happens when the cows completely destroy the native grasslands and the ecosystem never recovers?

fuck forgot pic

with current technology, yes. I don't approve of the corn subsidies but it makes sense to research the tech if it is available

High fructose corn syrup. He has a point.

>What happens when the cows completely destroy the native grasslands and the ecosystem never recovers?

That's really not how it works mate.

Not my fault that our politicians don't know shit about farm (seriously, the ministry of agriculture don't know the difference of corn and soy, people joke that he tried to milk a bull).
>Brazil buy our electricity and Internet
Yes, but it's just for the cities around the border. It's a good deal.
>Fuck agriculture, too much work.
This is why there is so much Brazilians working the land in Uruguay.

>import raw materials
>have an industry who transform these materials into products (cars, electronics, medicine, cosmetics, etc.)
>sell them abroad lol

Do you think Japan, Switzerland or Singapore have any kind of resources?

i for one welcome the sweaty brazilian KARA BOGAS working the land

my gf never had more fun than this year

Protip. you can get more energy from trees than from crops (way more per ha).
The only viable alternative for liquid fuel is sugar cane. Anything else is simple burning money.

And just how much education in ecology have you received?

no, see

For that moment I will be dead, my great-great-grandchildren too and probably your country will destroy everything much sooner.

We have a small ethanol plant, the guy running it stole 900 millions because Mujica was an incompetent shit. Nowadays it's working better

Corn however is not a good crop, it pollutes the land because it needs too much shit

>KARA BOGAS
They are all gauchos...
I know 2 that grow soy in both uruguay and paraguay.

immigrants

>This is why there is so much Brazilians working the land in Uruguay.
No, that's because rich rice brazilians are given land instead of uruguayans. Instituto de Colonizacion is corrupt, if you're not rich you don't get land and since it works outside the capital they can get away with a lot of shit.

I know a guy that wanted 150 acres but was denied because they decided to give it to some brazilian guy that then procceeded to not even use it

we're heavily betting in informatic technologies. There are some software companies here that work for Silicon Valley

nearshoreamericas.com/uruguay-software-mobile-exports/

>And just how much education in ecology have you received?

We learn that shit in highschool man, different crops, what damages the earth, what doesn't, cycles and stuff like that. Also my parents own a farm

>
big implications there, chico

Help me to get a nice plot. I have some ideas...

www.noamchomsky.com is that way, pal. ------>

Also, the informatic sector is the only one in the whole country that does not have unemployment (or at least it was some months ago)