Why did everyone hate this so much?

Why did everyone hate this so much?

It was literally redit: the season

Not an argument

>unironically using 'literally' to emphasize your opinion

reddit: the post

itt: redditors who can't get digits

Archer Vice leaned way too heavily on Pam. I get it, Pam is a manly woman who likes food. It was very funny the first 200 times they made that joke. Also, Archer Vice isn't bad compared to Season 7 or to Archer Dreamland. Dreamland is just....bad. Really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really bad. Painfully unfunny.

IMO the whole show should have ended with Season 6.

oh shit nigger

the animation sucks, character design was good writing was good but they couldn't fucking get frame to frame movement and it looks worse than anime.

people claim rick and morty is reddit incarnate, but i claim that Archer is reddit incarnate. LOL SO WACKY characters, stealing terms and quoting tvtropes, and all the constant catchphrase spam trying to make memes.

it's entertaining, sure, but it's not great.

>mfw

The older animation was pretty bad, but the new stuff is quite a bit more fluid. But the writing has gone the opposite way of the animation quality.

Because archer is shit compared to sealab or frisky dingo

Pam killed the show for me.

Too loud, too present, too boring and one-note

I was excited for it at the time but the season itself dragged on and on. Like said it relied way too much on the Pam/cocaine storyline which just wasn't funny. There were a few good lines but all in all it mostly fell flat. I tried to watch the season after but the magic was already lost and I couldn't get back into it.

Damn well played

It just wasn't as funny. It was also when the characters flanderization became more apparent.

The mixure of repeating old jokes (but it's ok because see we're acknowledging we're doing it!) and every episode ending with "They lose the cocaine and then nothing else happens" made for an underwhelming sequence of episodes.

Pam eats cocaine, Cheryl screams OUTLAW COUNTRY!, 'Are we not doing phrasing?!', cocaine gets gone and nothing resembling plot progression. Repeat for, what was it, 13 episodes?

The show has overstayed its welcome

Sherilyn subplot, especially the episode where she sings and there's like clips from future episodes (Pretty sure most of that didn't happen).

Half the season is basically a two parter and 4 episode long finale.

They barely did anything involving the drug plotline.

Nice.

I think it's disliked because the stitching of the show became very apparent. The show was always propped up by "jokes" consisting of just repeating a phrase. Stuff like "Phrasing!" which were literally designed to become internal memes for watchers of the show, things to repeat to each other.

The thing is, there was at least usually enough genuine humor and interesting stuff going on that the meme-skeleton that held the show together went unnoticed by most people, or at least if people noticed it, it didn't really bother them because it was more of a spacefiller between real jokes.
But Archer Vice lacked real jokes. It fell back completely on the strategy of in-jokes and repeated phrases for humor, and the only real attempt it made at anything else was bumping up the zaniness and loudness of some characters to 11.

Reddit: The Season is actually an apt description. The writing was lazy and banked on the audience eating up the memes, no matter how devoid of humor they were. It took an already kinda dumb show and somehow scientifically reduced it into distilled braindead catchphrases.

>hey remember this old joke that was funny in a another context? I'll repeat the punchline

it became a inside joke fanclub

>COCAINE!!!
>OUTLAW COUNTRY WOO!!
>Nearly zero woodhouse
>no B plots worth a damn

The show was at its best when it was a spy mission in the A plot, and office drama back at ISIS. They never should have messed with the formula.