This is the most egregious re-edit of the original trilogy. Prove me wrong

This is the most egregious re-edit of the original trilogy. Prove me wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2jzZOgLH4KU
movieweb.com/star-wars-classic-trilogy-disney-wont-alter-restore/
youtube.com/watch?v=FMJp_zXAUFg&ab_channel=ManpreetSingh
youtube.com/watch?v=dcLAOcutuxs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It makes it less terrifying considering Mario could kill one with a fireball

>he doesn't remember Jedi Rocks

or the fact that in ANH Jabba sends his WORST bounty hunter to kill Han while he waits in the hanger with his BEST bounty hunter and the proceeds to chum it up with Han

George got over his vagina mind.

Or he witnessed childbirth.

i think he's got you beat there OP

>tfw to intelligent to know the word "egregious"

FRIENDLY REMINDER:

proven wrong

is that from jumanji?

I think it's the best

ROTJ overall probably has the worst 'special edition' edits.

the sarlaac pit i don't care too much about it, but it was perfectly fine as it was originally.

what i didn't like in the special edition rotj: hayden christensen as a force ghost, the whole jabba's palace dance number changed (napti lek was perfectly catchy), and removing vader's eyebrows, like who cared about that anyway, the fact that that was changed made made care about it, fucking lucas.

outside of rotj, adding the 'ooomph' from vader in the bespin duel, and greedo shooting first in anh were the worst edits from those.

try again

What did it look like originally?

It was a "Now I have the tech and budget to use the initial concept" thing.

no that's hayden force ghost or weesa free

People still unironically defend Lucas after this shit.

>ROTJ overall probably has the worst 'special edition' edits.
It also has the best edit

oh i forgot yub nub, that was fine too, they're fucking wookies, they should make rudimentary music, not 4 part vocal harmonies with the soft pop ballad special edition

came here to post this scene.

also, han shot first.

The same, except it didn't have tentacles or a plant mouth, it was just a big hole rimmed with teeth.

it was just a hole with the spikes.

That was because George and Prowse hated each other.
Plus it makes more sense for Anakin's ghost to look like how he did when "Anakin" died and Vader took over. It's not like he was an old man under the suit anyways, it really should've been a horrifically burnt near-limbless man hovering in midair.

>"Noo..."

>"NOOOOOOOO"

Clearly the worst

No, changing Vader's line in ESB was the most egregious re-edit. Change the scenery all you want to: alter lines and you done fucked up.

>preferring yubnub to the ending celebration

>hayden christensen as a force ghost

That wasn't in the Special Edition. It came out in 1997, before the prequels

Tentacles were always there. Only that stupid beak was added, like there would be a beak inside a mouth with inward curving teeth.

I forgot did they change Boba Fett's voice too?

I miss Rick Moranis.

Wait, what lines were changed?

you're wrong. the worst is the retcon of boba fett into a shitskin abo with a voice that's not intimidating at all.

>That was because George and Prowse hated each other.
The original Anakin ghost wasn't Prowse, it was Sebastian Shaw. Beyond that, having it be Hayden completely negates the sacrifice that Vader makes. "Return of the Jedi" refers to Anakin, meaning that he is his true self again after he kills Sheev. With that in mind, the ghost represents how he should appear if he never turned to the Dark Side. There's no reason at all for him to be 20 again when Ben and Yoda didn't get to do that.

The real reason he put him in there is continuity with the prequels, there's no actual in-universe meaning that makes any sense.

The Jabba scene in ANH will always be objective #1

by film:
>ANH Jabba scene, Han shooting first
>ESB Luke scream
>ROTJ Hayden forceghost

They changed the dialogue in Vader's conversation with the Emperor, but I'm not sure if that's what he's talking about.

Yeah, they did. I like Jango's voice better.

this. I agree, that was the most jarring thing for me in all of the prequels

The absolute worst is the scene in Tatooine in IV where a giant lizard ass blocks the ENTIRE screen for 2 seconds. There is no defending it, it destroys the entire composition of the existing shot and I think even happens over dialogue. It's the most shameless "throw more cg at it" thing Lucas added

No it was in the 2004 DVDs. He wasn't even cast in 1997.

Han shot, Greedo didn't. There was no first second or infinity shot. Just Han's. Greedo did not shoot, so it's just "Han shot". Got it now?

After Luke falls down the chute on Bespin after Vader cuts off his hand and they have their little family moment, Vader is stomping back to his people, who all fall in behind him as he walks, and he snarls out "Bring my shuttle" while ominous music plays. That's the original.

In the "special" edition (which is basically just special ed edition because only retards think any of the changes are good), they change his menacing "Bring my shuttle" to a whiny "Alert my Star Destroyer to prepare for my arrival", like that shit HAD to be spelled out for the audience.

Then it goes into a stupid added scene of the shuttle landing on, you guessed it, the Star Destroyer, where they cut-pasted Moff Jerjerrod and his honor guard from ROTJ in to greet Vader, slowing down the entire Falcon pursuit sequence and ridding it of any and all sense of urgency, which only makes the line change that much shittier because not only was it an unnecessary change, it shits on the tempo of the following scenes and makes them worse.

I will go to my grave never owning a copy of the special ed editions. Lucas can go fuck himself.

Oh, I didn't realize Vader's dialogue was changed during that as well. I thought just the Emperor's dialogue was changed (in addition to reshooting the face)

beat me to it

After Luke escapes him and he's leaving Cloud City, his original line is "Bring my shuttle" in a pissed-off no nonsense tone that doesn't inhibit the pacing in any way.
For the special edition, the line is changed to "Alert my Star Destroyer to prepare for my arrival," coupled with a minute-long montage of him boarding his shuttle and arriving in the destroyer's hangar. It's a needless addition that takes away from the drama of what's supposed to be the movie's climax.

In a similar vein, adding Vader yelling "NOOOOO" when deciding to save Luke is the single worst change ever made to the movies.

>There's no reason at all for him to be 20 again when Ben and Yoda didn't get to do that.
Obi-Wan and Yoda looked exactly as they did as they died. Shaw Anakin is just an idealised view of himself.

Oh, maybe it was just the Emperor, I'm not sure.

This. George was always limited by the filmmaking and effects technology to be able to put what he invisioned on film.
Too bad most of his orignal ideas were shit.
I mean it would kinda be like if Steven Spielberg went back later in the 90's and replaced the shark in Jaws with a CGI stand in.

completely forgot about as well, where they take the original hologram scene with the Emperor and change it so it sounds like Vader has no idea that Luke is his son, for no reason at all. Especially when he calls Luke "Skywalker" multiple times before this and the crawl says he's obsessed with finding him.

>In the "special" edition (which is basically just special ed edition because only retards think any of the changes are good), they change his menacing "Bring my shuttle" to a whiny "Alert my Star Destroyer to prepare for my arrival", like that shit HAD to be spelled out for the audience.
>Then it goes into a stupid added scene of the shuttle landing on, you guessed it, the Star Destroyer, where they cut-pasted Moff Jerjerrod and his honor guard from ROTJ in to greet Vader, slowing down the entire Falcon pursuit sequence and ridding it of any and all sense of urgency, which only makes the line change that much shittier because not only was it an unnecessary change, it shits on the tempo of the following scenes and makes them worse.
I must've never actually watched this version then. I know he changed it several times over the years. Was this well after the original special edition release into the theaters?

This is hands down the worst George Lucas was involved with, ergo, the worst.

the more egregious was adding in luke shouting as he felll down after fighting vader

>that pic

The edit emphasises how scared R2 was of the current situation;he literally hid behind rocks that were too big to pass.

Yep that was my first thought after reading the OP
Other than that, I don't mind the other edits. I really don't think I mind any of them at all.

I hate these cgi tentacles and head. Just the teeth was so much better

No, it was there in the theater when the special editions were shown there. That was where I first noticed it.

>In this version, the word "Nazi" has been replaced with "Person with political differences", and all the guns have been replaced with walkie talkies

Literally couldn't believe this was in the DVD edit.

It's been years.

Someone post a comparison of the original Sarlacc to the updated CGI Sarlacc.

The sickest part is that Sup Forums's aspies will defend that Wilhelm scream addition as being "more realistic" than Luke falling silently, despite the fact that Luke lets go himself, he wasn't fucking pushed and wasn't fucking surprised he was falling, so why the shit is he screaming?

Alright then, what did the re-releases do BETTER than the originals?

Well, wouldn't be surprised if my memory is messed up from what I saw way back then.

What a bizarre change.

Mmm yeah, this is the worst of all the edits. Because it's physically taking you away from the movie and its plot.

For THIS.
youtube.com/watch?v=2jzZOgLH4KU

Nope, that was in the first-ever 1997 Special Edition and has been there ever since

They're both bad, but at least they rectified that one in later releases.

it wasn't, that was only in the 1997 version
also, nice topic-appropriate dubs

Not even memeing, but I can't think of a single thing they improved upon except the recompositing of the original effects and the new music at the end of Jedi
The CGI used to replace original spaceships will always piss me off though, if only because the shots use a completely different and atonal camera style to the original
Not even gonna talk about the fucked up color timing of all three movies

I want to say the fighter battle over the Death Star in ANH, but it honestly still looked like shit.

this.

and Greedo shooting first, obviously.

this ruined ROTJ. everything else is manageable.

So is there any hope that Disney will re-release the original trilogy without any of these abominations?

no fuck you yub nub was fucking retarded

>Greedo shooting first, obviously.

No.
Han shooting Greedo - regardless of context - fits the Scoundrel archetype

this
and this

95% of the edits made the trilogy better

People just like to fixate on the half dozen genuinely bad and jarring ones. Most of them are very minor so youtube 'critics' don't pick up on them

Also Luke's sheev scream in empire

Yeah only a scoundrel would shoot someone that's trying to kill them for a bounty.

You Lucas defenders are the biggest fucking idiots alive.

I mean the re-edit showing Greedo shooting first was egregious.

learn2read

movieweb.com/star-wars-classic-trilogy-disney-wont-alter-restore/

And Disney shills are world-renowned for being ignorant cocksuckers.

I hate Lucas and Disney.

That's because the bad chnages actually made it worse, and while the good changes (which made up the majority) were good, people would've been happy with the originals as is (with the understanding that they were a product of their time).

Ideally the originals would just get touched up without all the bad changes, but it's been pretty much made clear that will never happen.

youtube.com/watch?v=FMJp_zXAUFg&ab_channel=ManpreetSingh

Let this be a reminder Disney won't do something only for profit; the world deserves to see why Lucas lost the franchise

She's only been there a few years, I have hope that eventually they'll give in to fan demands.

Kathy Kennedy's been involved with Lucasfilm since Raiders of the Lost Ark user

It's even funnier when you realize palpatine makes the exact same scream when he dies

how tf did r2 even get in that second hole

Well, she's only been in the role of president for a few years I meant.

You can see the daddy issues when he shudders and looks away from anakin

This.

The stupid eewok song was the dumbest fucking way to end the trilogy. Good riddance.

youtube.com/watch?v=dcLAOcutuxs

I don't know why, but I really like this wall paper.

Remind me what the original thing looked like?

I'M JUST A MEAN GREEN MOTHER FROM OUTER SPACE AND I'M BAD

So glad I bought that DVD set that had the original versions back when it was released.

Its just the hole and the teeth without the stupid writhing tentacles and snapping plant mouth. Makes sense it would just lie dormant if it takes thousands of years to digest anything.

I like the original better.
The mystery of the hole is better than the fucking Sarlacc swallowing Boba Fett on screen.

Why did they hate each other?

>those subtle differences to show masculinity and femininity

This should be in every Gender Studies syllabus

>Do you think love can bloom, even on the battlefield?
>Roger roger

ay hol up so does this mean they designed the aesthetics of naboo and coruscant before the prequels?

>png (1.7 MB, 1024x768)
>fucking blurry png

New to the internet?