>denmark is in a personal union with norway for 300 years
>at no point decide to represent them in the flag
quite rude

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vistarband
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danish–Icelandic_Trade_Monopoly
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laki#Consequences_in_Iceland
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's Danes and foreigners who lived up there. Why would they need a separate flag? We were the Twin Countries.

their flag is in the coat of arms

>That pic

It all makes sense now..

Thank Óðinn WE at least managed to preserve the true Norwegian legacy..

>tfw southern norwegian master race
>tfw don't have a problem with our history with denmark

How did you guys survive the black plague?

It wasn't fatal

Not even the plague wanted to go to Iceland

Are you saying the black plague wasn't fatal?

I love Denmark!

So? You have our three crowns in your current one and the UK has the irish and norman flags/coat of arms in theirs despite not owning these anymore.

>You have our three crowns in your current one
You know, we went to war over that design. It wasn't your original idea, but you won the war.

Not for large populations. Most survived

Elven magick

>UK has the irish and norman flags/coat of arms in theirs despite not owning these anymore.
The Irish possession is still there, just reduced in size.

love you too babe

I thought that was just a petty little dispute after the Malmö recess.
Well, it is called Northern Ireland and has this flag, which is represented on the flag of the United Kingdom.

Even after their enslavement and intentional starvation of Icelanders for 400+ years, and cultural genocide attempts against Greenlanders? Displaying Greenlanders in human zoos?

Have you no decency? Do you maybe love Nazi Germany as well? You want to exterminate the "inferior" races? Fucking reprehensible.

Is it true that you will get a leftist feminist prime minister tomorrow?

its not our fault all your sheep died from too much anal penetration

She is a window decoration for the same kleptocratic right-wing bullshit as usual, probably will have the ex-Prime Minister that was in the Panama Papers as finance minister rofl so he gets to create tax loopholes for himself and his buds...

lmao shit

why the fuck is his career not over?

Our political climate isn't better though. Just filled with retarded politicians being corrupt in secret.

She makes for a good decoration though..

every country did horrible shit in the past, stop being butthurt about shit you weren't alive to experience.

Elven lifetimes can last for millennia, user. I was there, I saw it all.

then you must've seen when nordics founded the roman empire

True.

Our prime minister is both fugly and retarded.

>tfw

Oh yes, I was also there when Jesús Goðason sailed from Iceland to Palestine to preach about turning the other cheek and so forth, fascinating stuff, but he was completely misunderstood by everyone when he was trying to explain his patronymic name, and then things just spiralled out of control, I guess..

Isn't that how you did it with us?

>Denmark has paid zero (0) kr in reparations for slavery and genocide

>slavery and genocide
excuse me what?

Finland was a part of the Kingdom of Sweden whereas the king of Denmark just so happened to also be king of Norway for 300 years.
In addition, Finland was not one state/province, the south was called Österland while the north was part of Norrland.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vistarband

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danish–Icelandic_Trade_Monopoly

^ Kept that going, starving the population while this was happening

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laki#Consequences_in_Iceland

>The consequences for Iceland, known as the Móðuharðindin "Mist Hardships", were disastrous.

>An estimated 20–25% of the population died in the famine and fluoride poisoning after the fissure eruptions ensued. Around 80% of sheep, 50% of cattle and 50% of horses died because of dental fluorosis and skeletal fluorosis from the 8 million tons of hydrogen fluoride that were released.

see
replied to myself by accident

but our old flag is there, look at the coat of arms

why did danish buy polish child for 3000 złoty?
its illegal!!

>Harald, son of Sigurd Syr, was born in the year A.D. 1015, and left Norway A.D. 1030. He was called Hardrade, that is, the severe counsellor, the tyrant, though the Icelanders never applied this epithet to him. Harald helped the Icelanders in the famine of A.D. 1056, and sent them timber for a church at Thingvol. It was the Norwegians who gave him the name tyrant in contrast to the "debonairete" of Magnus
why has there always been such a stark contrast between norwegians and danes?

>why has there always been such a stark contrast between norwegians and danes?

>Evil, in a general context, is the absence or opposite of that which is described as being good. Often, evil denotes profound immorality.
>In certain religious contexts, evil has been described as a supernatural force.
>Definitions of evil vary, as does the analysis of its motives.
>However, elements that are commonly associated with evil involve unbalanced behavior involving anger, revenge, fear, hatred, psychological trauma, expediency, selfishness, ignorance, or neglect.

The disaster is obviously tragic and that shit wouldn't fly today, but it was a different world back then. Also, those were very desperate times for Denmark, the country had been doing badly since second northern war, not that I approve of what happened obviously, it was very horrible.
Also the trade monopoly was created because of the growing influence of the hanseatic league, denmark was close to collapsing multiple times and had to employ desperate measures to reestablish dominance. Not that I approve of that either, just trying to shed some light on the situation.

Not that danes haven't suffered either, we've lost half of our country over the past 350 years and basically had our national pride completely destroyed. If you want to blame anyone, blame our insane monarchs and aristocrats who created all of these problems.

I don't know, but the judge sentenced them to a low punishment. because the child is doing fine. There were no reason to why they wouldn't go through the officiel way, but they didn't. They didn't even pay that much for the kid.

>Norwegians could've beaten the rest of europe to the new world by 500 years, but were too pussy to stand newfoundland winter
lmao

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vistarband
>slavery
icelanders were allowed to leave and to marry, unlike the faroese.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danish–Icelandic_Trade_Monopoly
>1602-1786
for us it lasted to 1856

not to mention
>language banned
>flag banned
>ting closed
>rejecting independence vote
>building NATO base against our will
>and still part of denmark

victim point please.
iceland is like a rich kid complaining, eventhough he always had it better. Danes were literally treated worse by the denmark, than icelanders ever by danmark.

>icelanders were allowed to leave and to marry, unlike the faroese.
and danes, should i add.

The channel islands are the duchy of Normandy

It's the cross of St Andrew which is Scottish. I believe

Didn't they also get attacked by injuns?

Why does the n*Rd fear the red man?