Alien: Covenant gets a 15+ Rating

So it's not R Rated?

It varies from country to country, pusswad.

In Germany, The Dark Knight was 16+ and You Don't Mess With The Zohan was 6+ or something.

>it seems that Covenant may have used a few visual tricks to each a wider audience after all.
What does this mean

>In Germany, The Dark Knight was 16+
That's a PG 13 movie kid

Alien: Covenant being rated 15+ somewhere means it won't be exactly R Rated then in America... idk

>American Ratings
Literally JUST tier. In Canada all American "R-rated" movies are 14A(14 and older can watch without an adult, younger need an adult)

UK 15s are usually Rs in the US.

>a fucking leaf

The movie is too dark to see the violence.

The MPAA needs to fucking die

tons of films that are r rated get a 15 certificate in the uk

Actually it's
America: Lenient on violence, language and sex bumps the rating up.
Europe: More lenient on language and sex, violence can bump the rating up.

>Europe is a country

>what is the European Union?

From the leaked footage I saw of it on Sup Forums, it's definitely an R rated movie.

>caring about movie ratings

fuck off underage

I'm fine with this

AVP 2 had gruesome blood, gore, chestbusters coming out of pregnant women and kids

It added nothing to the film

In the UK you have to feature the holy trinity of violence, bad language and copious nudity to get an 18 (R) rating, or an abundance of 1 or 2 of them.

Stuff like atmosphere and peril dont bump it up much. 'Scary' movies rarely make it over 15, and film makers know that so they just use editing and cgi to keep it safe/profitable.

A political and economic union that does not function as a single country.

Probably already banned in Australia

just saw the preview for it.

doesn't look like it's worth 15 bucks

We dont do R rating you cunt. 18 is highest rating in the uk, 15+ would be an R in the U.S.

The majority of US R movies are rated lower in Australia bro

This.
I am not even Canadian but the Canadian Home Video Rating System is basically god-tier in terms of rating systems.

I just wish Canada also went for the CHVRS for video games instead of the ESRB.
ESRB is also in the same league as the MPAA.

let them dream

Literally a bunch of countries that were so insignificant that they had to form a bigger country to stand a chance at dealing with America and Russia.

Still crossing my fingers that this makes it through the CCP blender so that I can see it in China. Word on the street at the moment is that it's had 17 minutes chopped.

>the dark knight is 16+ for germany because it shows some violence
>13 for US where you literally get shot in the theater

stop thinking about movies and get back to work Lee. my next iphone isn't going to assemble itself.

Not a chink, fool. There's no way they could type English at this level. None of them go to Sup Forums.

Then why would he ever be in China?

Because someone has to crack the whip of the guys who crack the whip on the slave laborers. Every MNC fills upper management with non-Chinese so that they can trust their overseas operations.

It'll be Rated R. The ten minute clip that shows the Neomorph bursting is gruesome as hell. Multiple F bombs as well.

Nobody would ever willingly go to China to interact with the Chinese, no matter how high the pay.

If you carry that kind of hippy mindset, better get used to your gas station job. Getting paid American wages in a Chinese setting is super comfy.

There's nothing comfy about the Chinese.

Only ESL teachers find their life here uncomfortable.

Im in slav land, do americans really have to show their ID's or birth certificate to get in cinema? Here if you have a ticket you can go in, nobody cares about your age.

are you telling me you just walk in without any penis inspection? that just seems like a health risk.
do you at least have a no singles policy?

I've only been carded once

It's not a country.
Why are Americans so stupid?

>Literally a bunch of countries that were so insignificant that they had to form a bigger country
Oh, so you mean like NAFTA?

Covenant is confirmed R-rated in the US.

Hmmmmmm, kind of like that union of small insignificant American states into the USA

Is the educational US system that wrong?

What a bunch of pussies

Murrica goes from PG13 to R.

Most of their R rated movies end up being our 15 rating instead of 18.

UK 15 and 18 ratings generally both translate to R ratings in America.

I don't see why that's a big deal. The only real gruesome onscreen death scenes from the first two Alien movies were the chestburst in the first one and the helicopter pilot in the second one. What made those movies work were the context not what you actually saw.

You can get away with a lot in a 15 rated movie these days.
>16+
The Dark Knight was a 12A in the UK, which meant that even kids under 12 could see it if they were accompanied by an adult.

Are the spoilers that were posted legit

15 is basically the equivalent of R in the UK. The only higher one is 18 which is basically NC-17.

American ratings suck massive dick, NC-17 is basically a death sentence for a movie in the States. As if people over 17 don't exist lol.

>justifying living in China
Kek
I know you're crying on the inside.

It's monsters killing people. It's 15 because of that.

You need to have human on human violence in realistic manner to get 18.

NGE was 15+ too

But there were some Neon Genesis Evangelion DVDs that were rated PG or 12.
The more violent ones were rated 15.

Is it going to be as shit as Prometheus? Is it in the same universe? Someone clue me in here on wtf is going on.

It's basically like a light remake of Prometheus

>Evil David cyborg uses Alien goo to infect crew as well as killing a dozen Engineers
It's basically Prometheus on Steroids

Probably not since Lindelof isn't working on it.
Yes, same universe and set after Prometheus. Shaw and David are in it.
It will also be directly in the Alien univerise, and looking to link into the Alien films.
There are going to be either 2 or 3 more films not including Covenant.

EoE was rated 15. Generally the DVD releases of the TV series were rated PG, with some of the later volumes getting 12 ratings.

It definitely added to the "nihilistic as fuck" atmosphere. All the human characters were just cattle to be slaughtered.

>Murcan not knowing what a union of states is

We have in Germany other ratings user, movies that have a PG13 in the US could be for 16 y.o. or 18 y.o. in Germany, also the other way around, movie that get in the US R ratings could be for 12 y.o., here a few examples:

Die Hard 4 - US PG13, Germany FSK 16
American Pie - US R rated, Germany FSK 12
Dark Knight - US PG13, Germany FSK 16
The One (with Jet Li) - US PG13, Germany FSK 18

And so on. Different standards.

Is Alien:Isolation canon?

Yet.

>that they had to form a bigger country
>bigger country
>country

But it's not a country?

It's borderline canon.

fantasy violence generally gets rated lower
Fringe had some gory shit but never went higher than a 15 in the UK on home release

Germany rates more harshly for violent content and more leniently for sex/nudity.

>American education.

goddam you fucking retard goto the MPAA or check the poster asswipe

Fucking. DROPPED

R-rated action movies is basically saying "we want that edgy manchild audience"

Yes

I can't remember the last time I bothered to care what a movie was rated. Probably in the 80s.

> butthurt euros trap

You're an idiot. The trailers and the 2 scenes they showed before Alien clearly show it will be R rated

Which makes no sense because the back burster scene was something Cronenberg would be proud of

so no Xenomorph tail pussy rape scene?

dropped

>15

it's over