When will it get remade?

when will it get remade?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vRVQD4FKPrY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I would never watch it if it got remade. Not even a trailer.

Hollywood is creatively bankrupt.
So they will remake everything including this.
Just be patient.

How would the characters be casted today?

after Ian MacKellen dies

Idris Elba as the entire fellowship.

everyone is played by POC actors except for the villains

half of the fellowship become women

He will be played by Michael fastbender

underrated

desu

>LotR remake
>fellowship is all black/mexican/chinese
>two women
>one transgender
>one disabled
>dwarf is an SJW
>frodo and sam are lovers
>pippin and merry are campaigners for equal pay

I swear to Elf-Jesus I will shoot up the set before I have to witness this

You know they would have a heavy handed anti-racism message involving the elves and trolls.

>fellowship of the ring is forced diversity of different autistism races.
>wahhhh dont ruin with diversity sjws
pathetic.

How can they? The movie leaves open the possibility of there actually being a Christian God. It also depicts the Madonna and Child as an apparation, something I can honesty say I have never seen in another film.

Gimli, in the name of Elves everywhere, we apologise for the centuries of oppression we have bestowed upon your race. Please may I have the honour of befriending you, o great Dwarfan King?

And a reminder to all the fellowship: the term 'halfling' is steeped in years of systematic and institutionalised racism and is very problematic. If you use it you are trash.

>Legolas have I ever told you about my father Oropher? In the Battle of Dagorland during the War of the Last Alliance refused to place his army under the command of the High King of Noldor, Gil-Galad, over some ancient feud. Instead, disobeying the battle plan, he abandoned his elevated position and he charged with his light infantry straight into the enemy lines on the valley bellow to satiate his inferiority complex. Our people perished like flies on what today is know as the Dead Marshes, in fact this is how your mother died and she probably is still floating facedown on some dirty puddle over there. What few of us remained were only saved because of the valiant intervention of the Dwarven and Noldor armies that rushed to our aid and winning the battle. Then I made up some bullshit story about fire dragons of the north and Gundabad to cover up our shame. Never trust the dwarves son, they are scum

There will have to be a high fantasy revival for talks to even begin.

>Frodo and Sam are literal gays instead of best bros

Father, please be more considerate and attach a trigger warning to your speech. Poor dear Gimli may have inherited PTSD from his forefathers, and we couldn't risk him being damaged further by our oppressive ways!

Even your daughter is dating a dwarf, how can you still hate them so?

>different races
all whites

>Not ending with "And he was a good friend"
Shameful.

LOTR Expanded Universe when
* Movie(s) about Gimli, the quipping dwarf
* 2A movie about the Last Alliance
* Movie(s) about Radagast, the quipping wizard
* Movies about Eowyn
* Movies about Arwen
* Movie about Boromir
* Movie about Aragorn's adventures prior to joining the Fellowship

Soon I hope, those movies already look dated and weren't even that good when they came out. I'd like to see someone like Matthew Vaughn take a crack at it.

Lee Pace made an amazing Thranduil but fuck me those movies were bad

WE WUZ RANGS

Reminder that marketers added this thread to their tally (if they didn't make the thread themselves

hopefully soon. The CGI is aging like milk in some crucial scenes. And after rewatching it 2 years ago it's quite glaring at how few female characters there are and virtually no persons of colour. I would like to see a remake with more diversity. Maybe Sam can be a girl as Sam is a unisex name so it would still stay true to his character. Make Aragon a black man. Mary is a unisex name as well so you can make him a woman, preferably a person of colour. Thoughts?

this desu
>inb4 pol shit storm

you can't deny it's a little jarring that the entire trilogy is all white males.

It will be entirely shot in green screen

agreed.

it's sad that this is considered trolling on Sup Forums

I genuinely agree with everything your comment said. But since I feel this way I will just be told to go to redditor or something instead of trying to have a legitimate conversation on here. Racist, close minded white bigots that want everything to be all white males with traditional old timey female characters, and if you go against that, you aren't taken seriously.

This board is fucking trash.

You can't make Sam a woman.
You ruin the gay subplot.
Unless you also make Frodo a female.

Place your bets on who will be SJW'd in the inevitable remake.
>Gandalf, Frodo - openly gay
>Gimli - a dyke
>Legolas - black
>Faramir - a woman
>The hobbits in general will be brown-skinned

>Legolas as asian and/or woman
>One of the hobbits are latino
>Another hobbit is half asian
>Merry or Pippin is gay
>Faramir is a woman (hamfisted message about mysogyny when it comes to Denethor)

How accurate is this? I can't figure out who would be black though.

If we're lucky, never

>fantasy world based on medieval Europe
>it's a bit jarring how gender roles and skin colors are based on those in medieval Europe
wew
e
w

Idris Elba as Legolas. Screen cap this

It's sad that what you posted is trolling.

I really wish to see more diversity.

>* Movie about Aragorn's adventures prior to joining the Fellowship

That wouldn't be a bad Idea
>Raised and trained by the high elves of Rivendell
>Meeting with Gandalf the Grey
>Departing for the wild exploring middle earth alongside Eladan and Elrohir, meeting the last Dunedan
>The Hunt for Gollum
>The movie ends when Gollum leaves Mirkwood and is captured by mordor Orcs, moments before the events of Fellowship of the Ring

Non of this was described or implied in the books. No way would i watch this. I read the books during my middle school years in the early 70's and that depiction would tarnish Tolkien's legacy forever. BTW. I had no issues with the casting of the TFW but it was not based around the premier literature that inspired a whole genre.

This could actually work.

I know user, I'd hate it as well. It's just a prediction based on the current trend of having diversity in films just for it's own sake even if it goes against the source material (L is black in the new Death Note film for example). I hope I'm wrong with my prediction, in fact I hope they never remake the films at all.

I will bet $100 on Gandalf being gay. They'll do him like Mr. Sulu just because his actor was gay.

It would be a different actor though

Who cares, Tolkien is just a dead white guy. Fuck him.

You're forgetting the Moors, shitlord.

why is the tank behind everyone?

actually laughed

the moors are represented in LOTR

Wait for the SJW pendulum to swing away, and for CGI to get a little better (about 10 years I would say), then make a high budget TV miniseries on the least pozzed network at the time.

I'm hoping who ever gets the rights after Christopher dies is as salty and protectful of the series as he is. I can't remember if it goes to his son or not.

As long as the rights holder is seething about how Hollywood and games handle middle earth, you should never get a remake I believe.

>remade
Fuck off, guy. It wouldn't be a remake, it would be a new imagining of the fucking novels.
Not that I think LOTR can be made into the perfect film because of how it's written, but I would like to see a new trilogy seeing how hollywood cheesy the Peter Jackson films were. He made a novel where violence was supposed to not be the center into war films, what the fuck was he thinking?

I'm pretty sure execs have talked about it and have thrown ideas around but no one's got it right yet. Watch it happen in the next 20 years.

I keep saying there will be new LOTR movies before 2025 and people don't believe me. There is no creation that Hollywood kikes won't rape for money

We need to outlaw white actors and any story written by a white man

>black Aragorn
>transgender Gimili
>Legolas stays the same, since he's basically a nu-male anyway

Brap

this is bait

Gimli should be genderqueer. Have him wear lipstick and contour his face while saying YAAASSSS and fierce every 5 minutes. But he will also have his beard and refer to himself as butchfemme

Can you imagine the sexual tension in dialogues between Gimili and Legolas?

>"I never thought I'd die fighting side by side with an elf."
>"How about side by side with a lover?"
>"Aye. I could do that." *tongue kiss while the orc army approaches*

I routinely entertain a fantasy where I direct a series of Silmarillion films. Bear in mind I have no film making experience but I think what I got going on in my head would be pure kino.

also:
youtube.com/watch?v=vRVQD4FKPrY

When it does happen I know for a fact I won't even watch it out of curiosity out of respect

Sounds like the Watch in Discworld.

check yourself shitlord if you turn sam to cis female you are LITERALLY erasing gay representation, you are trash.

>bait

>advanced bait

Theoden refuses to participate because killing the orcs is what Sauron wants them to do