Okay so i just saw le Baby Groot. Discuss

Okay so i just saw le Baby Groot. Discuss

Other urls found in this thread:

vox.com/culture/2017/5/4/15524482/guardians-of-the-galaxy-2-end-credits-scene-spoilers-explained
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You're 2 weeks late to the discussion Americuck.
Now that it's proven that GotG2 is an absolute trash movie, you have to like it to be edgy.
Try again with another thread faggot.

I unironically liked it so I'm the edgiest

Here comes the hate train

Choo choo

Sup Forums is turning into Sup Forums

Do people even take GotG serious? It's meant to just be fun, not the most amazing story. Jesus Christ you people are faggots.

There wasn't enough brooding and jesus symbolism

le bebbers grut wuz funner

When people can't argue what makes the movie so called "good" they just say it is "fun" and "shouldn't be taken seriously" in hope it would excuse their shit taste, it does not.

Why was groot a baby anyway? He was fully grown in the last one

cuz he dedded in the first one

Why did Ego's brain looked exactly like a human one only bigger? Why did he choose to look like a human?
Why was the ball throwing scene so cheesy and almost parody level that some people in the theater thought it was a joke but when the scene ends you realize it was meant to be taken seriously and was supposed to make you emotional but only left you cringing?
Why does 90% of the dialogue spoken was people yelling?
Why did it seems like i've watched 50 movies that are exactly like this one story wise?

This looks really cute. I'll have to go go see this now.

If you or anyone you know still has a Zune chuck it up on ebay, some marvel loving hipster will pay you far too much for it thanks to this movie.

You can't expect an analytical thesis for every thing that people enjoy either.

No one will ever satisfy the hight standards of fedora tier loosers anyways so why bother?

>tfw GotG 2 was actually a really good movie
It was

Isn't it an american movie?
Aren't you the cuck for clamoring to throw money at it?

>Isn't it an american movie?
yeah but americucks got it 2 weeks later while countries like Australia got it first

kek

>baby groot >>vin diesel>>>>grown groot

Who gets the money from it?

It was ok. Thats about it really.

>Its another Sup Forums hates it because its popular episode

Nothing new under the sun. Oh wait please, please some you you faggots please spam the buzzword kino for me to make this perfect.

v is Sup Forums

Who is Baby Groot the market for?

Women and children

GROOT. LOL. THAT IS SUCH A RANDOM THING TO SAY. XDXDXD
*holds up spork*

Children. The movies themselves are aimed at teenagers and manchildren.

I thought Baby Groot had a great arc in Volume 2. Despite how he was marketed as a cutesy mascot character for the film, in the story proper he's full of impotent, adolescent rage at having gone from being the team's main powerhouse to its pet, basically; even Rocket, once the smallest member of the group, now towers over him and can physically make him behave.

You see the many downsides to it, Groot gets bullied, babied, and kicked around constantly; that scene where he's tricked into freeing Nebula to save Rocket from the Ravagers stands out as his most powerless moment. And he's much more violent, lashing out at his teammates and whatever's small enough for him to fight.

On the upside, while his self in the first film seemed to barely pay attention to the events surrounding him out of a sense of ditzy fatigue; Baby Groot is an easily distracted entity fascinated with how fresh and vibrant everything around him is from the Sovereign's capital to Quill's tunes due to his newfound youthful energy. While grown-up Groot lumbered around ponderously, Baby Groot sprints, leaps, slides, and dances. At times, he seems to genuinely enjoy being held and cared for by his fellow Guardians. And the small size he resents so much ends up being integral to Ego's defeat.

i r babby groot

Honestly really liked it.. shit made me LOL a few times & I never do that shit.

Also is that stan lee cameo blowing anybody else's mind!?

I was more surprised by seeing Sylvester Stallone and David Hasselhoff

Yeah when I saw Stallone I was quite speechles

>literal whorehouse right at the beginning
not really

They practically confirmed that Stan is One-Above-All in MCU. He's teaching Watchers and doesn't care about celesstials.

I will watch that movie again next week with my sister and a friend.
Cant wait for their reactions to this.
And as being germans that Hasselhoff cameo gave the whole cinema a special laugh.

He an heroed

Wait I thought Germans worshiped Hasselhoff?

are you a legit retard?

Yes and that made his appearance so special. People loved it.

On a technical level
>5/10

On an entertainment level
6/10

On an artitisc level
4/10

Overall I'd give a 6/10 . If you liked the first one you'll like this. Gunn is once again a wildly uneven director

Yeah and Knight Rider was also very popular here in czech republic so we had a few chuckles as well

honestly the film is exceptionally enjoyable

only a fraction of the usual tvshitposters keep shitting on it, a large bunch of the all-hating tvfaggots actually like it

which means the movie must be actually quite good

the soundtrack is 10/10
the jokes 7/10
the action scenes 9/10, though Yondu is awesome (overly ridiculous at some points, flying Pacman)
the plot 8/10 (the antagonist just wants to spread his genes and stop being alone, pretty understandable)
visuals 10/10, that flying arrow scenery, bodies raining, space fights, Rocket on the loose...

Honestly I'm not sure why people hate the film, it's maybe the best capeshitkino to come out over the last 10 years

5 cents have been deposited into your account, keep up the work!

First of all most of Sup Forums has not seen the movie

Wait until a decent rip is out and then you can discuss it here.

Also it is just like Guardians 1. The thing about Guardians 1 was that it was so refreshing. Now a sequel instantly loses that and with that most of the appeal.

fuck you, is it that bad to actually like some movies these days without being called a shill?

also bls make bigger deposit next time, I'm not that cheap.

I'M MARY POPPINS, Y'ALL

I gave it a 6/10 aswell. Overall a pretty uninteresting plot. A lot of the best bits in the first one and this film are the interaction between the team but they waste no time splitting them up and making them go their own separate ways. A fair few laughs but they were throwing so many jokes a few of them had to stick. It's a bit of a return to the classic MCU formula which the first at least slightly strayed from. Overall it's quite enjoyable but nothing special. Still pretty good as far as cape movies go.

Yes, but weren't the watchers owned by fox!? He evens mentions being a mail carrier lol.. could marvel have gotteb back some of the rights to characters? I heard a silver surfer rumor last year

that zune was cgi no zunes work in 2017. I know I still got mine.

ayy lmao

they mention celestials the first one didn't do that.

Every single person in my cinema laughed at the ball throwing scene, then sort of stopped then started again.
I can only imagine it was meant to be funny but it was a very confusing tone.

>I can only imagine it was meant to be funny but it was a very confusing tone.
It was meant to do that and to show Peter never had that moment as a kid.

GotG1 mentioned Celestials when the Collector was talking about the Infinity Stones.
And Stan mentioned he was a FedEx driver, presumably his character from Civil War.

Also "Knowhere " aka the space station from Guardians of the Galaxy 1, is build inside a Celestials head.

Rocket, where's Quill?

(1/2)

I thought it was phenomenal. Every prior Disney/Movie following Avengers has slid easily into a familiar mould. The movies have become increasingly passable, and on paper GotG2 is probably the same, but there were some notable differences in how it maintained its tone that made me unexpectedly love it.

I think it's the first Marvel movie to fully, unabashedly, without reserve embrace the sugary nothinginess these movies exude--and in that way, it became better for it. In Captain America, Iron Man, Doctor Strange, whatever, there's an expectation of some exposition, a "heartfelt" moment, followed by an action scene, followed by humor, then to repeat this ad infinitum until the conclusion and next movie tie-in.

This movie seemed to say fuck it and held nothing sacred. When Mantis is trying to wake up Draxx because she's scared and he starts mock vomiting; "hello, boys," followed by "it's not ripe"; Starlord saying in fury, "You shouldn't have killed my mother," followed immediately by "and crushed my walkman"; fucking Pac-Man; and a shit ton more. The movie was purposefully and relentlessly forcing a mashup of tones. Some people recognized this. Others couldn’t take the obvious ball throwing scene for what it was.

The point is the movie never once gave in to the usually maintained illusion of something "serious" happening. It threw out dick jokes, non-sequiturs, and random gags every chance it could get. Some people think this is too much, and yeah, it fucking is--that's the point. The movie did away with the bullshit veneer of drama that other Marvel movies fail to maintain when throwing the galaxy into peril for the umpteenth time and just ran with it. This made it a lot more buoyant and fun. It also made the only two genuinely heartfelt scenes carry weight.

(2/2)

"He may be your father, but he's not your daddy," and the funeral (and that loyal sidekick guy crying and cheering at the fireworks) don't pull the same trick that the rest of the movie has been pulling. It makes the punch harder, and gives the closing scenes weight.

And I disagree with the comments that the other characters had nothing to do. Rocket is struggling with his fear of rejection and takes it out in increasingly violent (and great) action scenes, until concluding an arc you had no idea was taking place with “I know exactly who you are because you’re ME.” That was great. Green Chick and her sister revealing their past and closing a wound. The characters are separated each of them to deal individually with fears and hopes regarding being part of a family. Draxx is exempt from this. Groot even has his fucking moments. The movie was not what I expected it to be.

In the end, I loved it. And I’m sad that these guys eventually have to team up with the faggy ass Avengers. I loved this group of characters in all their bickering and raunchiness more than I do any of the other Avenger characters. There was no Thor waving in the background, no Iron Man speaking on walky talky, and The Watchers cameo fit with the wonkiness of that galactical world anyway. I liked the movie because it felt like for once here was a Marvel movie that existed separately from the rest of fucking Marvel. That’s not the case, of course, but I liked it.
My two pennies. I’d say check it out.

Not only did the first one mention Celestials, it showed the giant severed head of one. How the fuck did you miss all of that?

Please go back

Yeah, I pretty much agree with you. The Guardians films are certainly a cut above the expected Marvel drivel due to their embrace of their irreverent roots and subversion of the conventions you listed in your post. Although vol.2 had some glaring issues to me, it should certainly be regarded as a superior film to the majority of Marvel's catalog.

Loved that opening.

Dude taserface lmao

GROOT. LOL. THAT IS SUCH A RANDOM THING TO SAY. XDXDXD
*holds up spork*

I liked that it was a "filler episode" as the critics called it. Or that it gave the feeling that it was an 'in-between' episode within the scope of the greater series. This far along nearing the Infinity War event, you'd think that they'd have Ego going after the gems, or at least one of the gems, and that would have been perfectly logical to convey the high stakes of, and foreshadowing, the impending conflict. But, weirdly, unusually, they did a bottle episode. I wish they did more of these with the Avenger team.

So... the one above all can't breath in space?

This film drove every joke and novelty into the goddamn ground

I thought while it was better than Guardians 1 it was still just okay.
The brain cancer joke was pretty funny but outside of that the writing was meh although Ego was definitely much better of an antagonist than Ronan was

best posts desu and I totally agree with you on Avengers. I wish GotG wouldn't have to deal with dumb capeshit.

Good luck the real country can discuss it while all you yuropoors are too burnt out on it.

Ok thanks well now I feel dumb hahah why did I think fox owned them .. i forgot the watchers were in gotg 1

>literal whorehouse
Who gives a fuck? There's no fucking, no tits, no ass, no nothing. Not even groping. It's a G rated whorehouse if ever I saw one.

6/10 is about right still one of MCU's best because they only make shit

>no plot
>cringefest quips
>baby groot xd
>ok visuals
Why are you praising this shit again?

*inhales*
I'M BABY GROOT
WUBBALUBBADUBDUB

EPIC

What did the post credits tease?

So starwars falls under the same category for you I take it?

There were apparently 6 post credits scenes
I watched until the end of the gold people showed their new weapon or when the gang of raiders decided to be a gang.
For the gold people scene, they teased Adam Warlock who is a superhero in the comics
The Raiders one is pretty self explanatory.

OUT OF THE WAY
DUMBER SMALLER GROOT

>6 post credits scenes
Please tell me you are joking

fucking whores in the audience going "awwwww" every fucking time this little faggot has a scene.

I didn't stay until all of the credits finished so I did a quick google
Turns out it's 5 which is still pretty fucking stupid
vox.com/culture/2017/5/4/15524482/guardians-of-the-galaxy-2-end-credits-scene-spoilers-explained

Being fun doesn't give it a pass to have a story this fucking bad. This is just one step closer to movies having no stories and just watching familiar characters dick around for two hours. This was the pinnacle of quipshit.

Come off it. Every single plot breaks down to man vs nature(disaster movies), man vs woman(romance), man vs himself(psychological thriller), etc... sometimes they take the long, complicated, route through the story, and sometimes they cut right to it. The plot here was executed great for what it was.

This is getting ridiculous

Soon there will be an entire movie after the movie

>can't answer basic question yet claims someone else is retarded