Hole in Hand

Not sure where to post medical questions, however you brainlets are smarter than I. Let's say a hole was shot in the middle of someone's hand like this screen shot from 2017's hit film "Drifters". The remedy in this movie was alcohol and duct tape. I was curious, would the hand just repair itself? Like would the nerves rejoin and the wound just scab over and go back to normal in a few months? What the fuck.. sorry, just weird to think about, I couldn't be a surgeon. Lol

Reminds me of S.W.A.T. when he gets a knife through his hand

naaa na na naaaa na na naaaa na na naaaaa

it would probably cripple your hand

Alcohol and duct tape was stolen from From Dusk Til Dawn

And no nerves do not just "regrow" together and a gaping wound with serious amounts of missing tissue is not just going to replace it. Do you know basically nothing about the human body? How old are you?

he losing motion in at least 90% of his hand if this big of a hole happened.
The most importan wrist/hand bones that control motor controls and most of the blood flow are located there.
t. I broke some of them snowboarding and had to go through multiple months of recuperation and i still don't have 100% of my hand motion back

bones and ligaments won't heal, at least not completely. he won't be able to use his middle finger and possibly the other surrounding fingers. At best skin would heal over the wound but infection and necrosis would set in quick.

fuck

>bones that control motor controls
you w0t

The hand is basically a lump of tiny bones and ligaments. Even just stabbing your palm can cripple you.

Say that sounds familiar.

I think most injuries don't heal well and leave nasty effects all over the place.

The movies are just being fantastical and escapist about prognostic of the heros.

No, it'd be crippled for the rest of his life, the bone going to his middle finger would be missing in that pic, and cleaning and bandaging it is just a half measure, if he didn't get to a hospital it'd get infected and fuck his shit up, maybe even kill him from blood loss before, and he'd need several operations to close it.

I mean I'm no doctor or nothin'

i got a half-stock when the jailbait asked tarantula to lick her pussy

No.

amputate

No.

The bones and muscles in your fingers are connected to the bones and muscles in your palm. A hole of that size, in the OP image, means his middle metacarple was completely obliterated. He shouldn't be able to move his middle finger at all and it will never heal properly without surgery.

That said, his primary concern should be preventing blood loss, which duct tape should help stop. The alcohol won't do much of anything. A better solution would have been to cauterize the wound.

do they have reconstructive surgery that could fix that at all? i mean how do you replace missing bone

fucking human body is so fragile

My grandfather got a wound just like that as a teenager (hunting accident while slightly drunk).

He didn't go to the hospital because he was in bumfuck county and a "though" kid. His middle finger doesn't move (he's basically giving the finger 24/7), but that's not realy a bother to him, he got used to it. The middle of his palm his weird though, there's scar tissue, of course, but not as much as you would think, and you an feel that there is a boneless hole under it.

The microscopic nanobots in your bloodstream would generate new bone and tissue in a matter of minutes and your hand would be healed with full functionality and no scarring in about 45 minutes. If you don't have the latest nano-upgrades it might take a little longer.

>human body is so fragile
it isn't. it can take quite a punch and still recover

Yes, there are prothesis for that

dude you can die from falling on your head from standing height. a broken vertebra and you're fucked for life. a hole in your hand and you'll never grip properly again. shit's fucked

It can be both ridiculously fragile and it can also be unexpectedly tough. It's not one or the other. Ya dumb edgelord kiddo

Hard to say. Like I said, one of his metacarpals was obliterated. You can't put it back together. He would need a completely prosthetic bone, and surgeons would have to graft muscle onto it. Whether or not such a procedure is possible, I don't know.

I know missing fingers have been re-attached, and missing fingers have been replaced with toes (and it's pretty obvious, too). So based on that information, I would have to say that he won't be using his middle finger again. Maybe some of the other fingers were damaged too, but those might be fixable.

>be me
>cut half of my little finger in an accident as a teen
>it fucking growns back, bone, small knuckle, nail and all
>my doctor says it's not possible and rather than deal with the truth of what he himself witnessed, he refuse to see me again

Atheists just can't deal with miracles.

dubsdubs

it's not unheard of, there have been studies about this, but a decade ago it was considered gypsy magic I guess

This.

the body can take a tremendous amount of strain and still easily recover. it's a matter of luck really where you get hit, how hard and whatnot.

years ago some floor was wet i was running and slipped, smashed the back of my skull really hard against the tile floor and my vision literally went distorted. couldn't tell what the fuck was happening. went to bed and slept it off. next day i was fine and have been ever since.

I once got hit in the hand by a broken glass and there was just a small cut, but I lost about 1.5 liters of blood and nearly passed out just while walking half a mile to the nearest hospital

>How old are you?

Let's just say my brother and I saw a lot of wars, ok? Would someone with an accelerated ability to heal have a hole in his hand heal over? Asking for a friend (not my brother I hate him now).

It's usually with children, not teens, and with injuries that don't go lower than the nail itelf.

It's very rare that a kid would grow back a knuckle (but I think there have been a few reports of it over the years).

You are a huge fag and unbelievably fucking stupid