It's time to merge these two leagues and form a single one

We would have Malmo, Goteborg and Cophenage in the same club.

Attached: 1200px-Denmark_Sweden_Locator.png (1200x1035, 254K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_League
rowzfootball.wordpress.com/2013/08/01/who-watches-the-most-football-in-europe-average-attendances-by-population-across-european-top-flight-leagues/
i.imgur.com/NUhL9SU.png
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Add Scotland and the northern peoples could have a fun league.

Why the not merge, Norway and those islands they own?

fun fact: swedish , danish , and norwegians are actually just dialects of each other and are all mutually intelligible

Never going to happen. Swedish clubs are owned by the fans.

Wouldn't the fans see the wisdom in joining a bigger league?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_League

and the fans want what?

norway can't into football

I'd rather the swedish league become amateur than have a bunch of copenhagens and redbulls in it.

Yes, but we should also include Norway

okay so why would a league of malmö, gothenburg and
>cophenage
have any difference on their chances on european stage?

>dialects of each other
>dialects
they are different languages.

This always gets nrought up and it doesn’t get any less braindead. How is a winter league with no prestige in any way comparable to an actual season-long league with European qualification and prestige?

>starting after the end of the regular domestic seasons
that was the mistake, not the merging itself
the domestic leagues should go away
two divisions of merged clubs and then the domestic ones

I mean skånsk is much easier to understand when you’re from easter Denmark than sonderjysk or vendelbomål

more viewers
more tv money
more ads money
more money to hold on players
more uefa spots

sure why not, what are the best teams?

I can't answer for the large masses, but registered members of the clubs are usually conservative when it comes to Swedish football. Take Djurgårdens IF for example, one of Sweden's biggest clubs. They have about 10 000 members, but only about 250 of them showed up and voted at the annual general meating of the club. Of these 250 I doubt any would vote for joining a larger Scandinavian league.

Norway: a lot of money
Sweden: best fans and atmosphere
Denmark: best players

Joined together, we would be unbeatable

Rosenborg and others

A Nordic league with 10 teams:
Copenhagen
Aarhus
Malmö
Stockholm
Göteborg
Oslo
Bergen
Reykjavik
Helsinki
Tampere

A Denmark/Sweden/Norway/Scotland league would be kino, but I think Norway and UK not being in the EU might make things difficult.

>Aarhus
That’s exactly like choosing HSV as one of two German clubs in a Super League.
It onviously should be Brondby and then Midtjylland if we had three clubs.

>Denmark: best players

Attached: costanza.jpg (600x600, 34K)

Yep

Liga MX is the first division, the mls the second division.

Attached: usa-map-and-mexico-map-of-the-us-and-mexico-download-usa-map-with-mexico-travel-553-x-487-pixels.jpg (553x487, 73K)

There's a Red Bull team in Denmark? What's wrong with Copenhagen?

>Scotland
This is your brain on Sup Forumspol/

Oh and the same number of Finnish teams as Danish teams
Stick to your Premier League and La Liga

look at the ucranian league, only dinamo kiev and shaktar donetsk have won it since it was created in 1991
they should compete in the russian league with zenit, cska and lokomotiv and kazan

dman I forgot about rosenborg

scotland should play with ireland and wales

no, it needs to have relegations

I'm saying the only way a scandi league can be any "relevant" is by doing mergers of clubs to the point one city or regions fans are concentrated to one club, or by getting sugar daddy sponsors. Otherwise the economical ground is simply too little for it to work. I would much prefer the irrelevant allsvenskan than that.

they literally arent from a linguistic point of view

even this bro agrees

Sure, add Norway and Finland. We should at least have a cup.

The problem for smaller leagues is that the CL bonuses can shift economic power dynamics so dramatically.

These are the Swedish league winners between 2005 and 2015

2005 – Djurgårdens IF
2006 – IF Elfsborg
2007 – IFK Göteborg
2008 – Kalmar FF
2009 – AIK
2010 – Malmö FF
2011 – Helsingborgs IF
2012 – IF Elfsborg
2013 – Malmö FF
2014 – Malmö FF
2015 – IFK Norrköping

If you go by percentages, there are big differences in average attendance and sponsorship money between these clubs, but since the league is so small (financially) these differences can be overcome with being smarter than your opponent when it comes to transfers, training and so on. But when someone makes it to the CL group stage like Malmö FF did, the influx of capital is so vast compared to the size of the other clubs that it all but ensures Malmö FF winning at least 4 titles in the next 6 years (they've already won 5 since 2010)

Fat retard

Almost same size of population

Stockholm has three clubs that hate each other. Would never happen.

Finns and norwegians don't care about football.

dont take out your cucked frustration on me bro

Attached: sweden welcome.jpg (708x738, 189K)

And that’s relevant why?
Finland is a non-country when it comes to football.
I’m sure it’s a nice country and all, I don’t mean any offense, but that is a fact.
At best, their best team could have a playoff against the best aicrlandic team for a consolation spot.

A bigger percentage of the Norwegian population visits games from the Norwegian football league compared to Sweden

*Icelandic

they have more people on government gibs and free time

no one here but Connys care about Allsvenskan

Kys customer

>no one here but Connys care about Allsvenskan
Clueless

The biggest clubs are in the biggest cities but okay

Are there any existing rivalries between Scandinavian clubs?

detta kan omöjligt stämma

Not between clubs in different countries. Maybe Malmö-FCK

baserat på genomsnittligt antal åskådare i högsta ligorna 2012, så jag vet inte om det stämmer idag

rowzfootball.wordpress.com/2013/08/01/who-watches-the-most-football-in-europe-average-attendances-by-population-across-european-top-flight-leagues/

Vissa länder blir uppenbarligen svåra att uppskatta det breda intresset för den inhemska fotbollen då befolkningen är så liten, men Norge är faktiskt väldigt förtjusta i sin fotboll (förvånade mig också).

i.imgur.com/NUhL9SU.png

Här är en annan sammanställning från ungeför samma tid

Malmö FF despises FCK, but other than that not much.

i fixed UEFA

Attached: map.png (1374x1245, 59K)

I was going to say add Scottish clubs, but Celtic or Rangers would just win it every single year so no point really

this is what I thought about this map regarding small British countries. Also this map is shit

>But when someone makes it to the CL group stage like Malmö FF did, the influx of capital is so vast compared to the size of the other clubs that it all but ensures Malmö FF winning at least 4 titles in the next 6 years (they've already won 5 since 2010)
Can't you spread the money around? 20% to go to the team which qualified and 80% added to the regular league prize money, for example.

Why would Scotland want to join leagues with a couple of awful semi-pro teams?

The teams in Ireland and Wales are on par with the 3rd tier in Scotland

The true “redpill” is that instead of rearranging leagues and creating new structures, we should disband professional football, give the money to our nurses and teachers, and return football to its amateur roots, with players the working classes can identify with and clubs that work for their local communities.

>yugoslav league would turn to murderball in a matter of minutes
i'd watch that

These are some of the merged leagues I imagine

Attached: merged leagues.jpg (712x594, 57K)

It's nice finbro, would be fucking epic
portugal should finally join spain though

greece-turkey is also going to be awesome

swansea would play there

Teams in Ireland, NI and Wales already play in the Scottish version of the Johnstone's Paint Trophy, i.e they play against teams from the bottom 3 tiers. And they get BTFO every year.

Stop suggesting we merge with the bumpkins

Have the same question for some of those Caribbean leagues, like why purposfully cripple yourself. Find another island or two, make a single league, increase competition and share the spoils.

The total revenue of allsvenskan was like 0.1 billion euro, while the public cost for healthcare is like 27 billion. It's a drop in a sea.

Whos bottom 3 tiers?

then why dont scotish teams play in the premier
oh that's right, celtic and rangers are afraid of not wining every year

PAY OUR TROOPS

>spaniards taking interest in >our leagues

Attached: 1327528767911.jpg (660x450, 109K)

honestly this would be the best idea. this would create a way higher interest in seeing the matches, leading to a need for bigger grounds and more serious competition between the teams itself, eventually leading to professional structures. all in all, the market demands professional sports. this is just how capitalism works. and there is no alternative to free markets if you intend to keep teachers, nurses or even basic food at all

League 1, League 2, Championship

There's also Premiership U20 teams and the odd non-league team like Spartans

The best teams in the Celtic leagues can barely struggle past non-league and youth squads. They're not up to our level

Attached: Screenshot_20180324-201908.png (1080x1920, 183K)

>Stockholm
good luck m8

Attached: giphy.gif (550x310, 2.73M)

>tfw reyjkavik away

Attached: babby mad.jpg (250x244, 3K)

Ukraine and Russia...Hmm I sense that this could be a potential catastrophe somehow...

serbia croatia, ucraine russia, greece turkey
every weekend would be epic

>United Irish League
When

This but unironically. It would vastly improve both of our leagues, bring in more revenue, and bring better plays for both our countries.

ATLANTIC LEAGUE

Celtic
Rangers
Aberdeen
Hearts
Hibs
Anderlecht
Standard
Genk
Gent
Ajax
PSV
Feyenoord
PSV
Vitesse
Brondby
FCK
Midjtyland
Malmo
Goteborg
AIK
Rosenborg
Molde
HJK
FC Lahti

>PSV x2

meant AZ

>Sweden
>atlantic

Need to add Djurgården. It wouldn't be the same without a Stockholm derby.

only big countries get 4 spaces tbphwy

Attached: Capture.png (680x329, 20K)

Remove a Finnish team. They don't even watch football there.

Arab League plus select European Mediterranian countries. THIS WOULD BE THE NEW CONFEDERATION, who agrees?

Why dont Belgium and France combine their leagues?
Also Germany with Austria?
maybe even bring back Czechoslovakia

>bailed out by intertoto cup
top kek