DUNKIRK

how long until the new trailer today?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=T7O7BtBnsG4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>that trailer music

which trailer music?

All of them, i hope the score will improve.

Is this the new Star Trek movie?

Not sure I'd claim Dunkirk 'shaped' the world, Hitler abandoned his plans for invasion because we made inflatable military bases and airfields and the RAF threw everything into an intense aerial combat to give the illusion of a really strong airforce that could turn any naval operation into a slaughter. Goering didn't fall for it and insisted the operation continue but Hitler backed out.

Movie is made by a Britcuck
They assume everything they're invovled in changed the world

Friendly reminder that the MPAA gave it a PG-13

it's probably a stretch but Dunkirk IS still seen as one of the defining moments of the British national character and can be said to have influenced the way the country operates ever since e.g. being bolshy fucking retards about leaving europe

so what? Saving Private Ryan already covered the gory angle. Dunkirk is going to be a highly kinetic escape thriller more akin to something like Fury Road. Nolan already said we never find out anything about the backstories of the soldiers in the movie because it's not going to be about feels, it's about visceral survival instinct and thrills.

The MPAA gave Fury Road an R. Also, PG-13 movies aren't "visceral".

looks like kino's back on the menu boys

Would've rip you a new one if it wasn't for these trips

>ITT: People that need a movie to be rated 18+ to consider it mature because they have literally no other way of assessing something's quality

()
()

Who cares? It's Nolan flick. Fresh memes guarenteed

>2017
>practical effects as advanced as they are
>computer-generated imagery as advanced as it is
>war film
>war
>the horrors of war in all their ugly, muddy brutality
>the budget Christopher Nolan received to make a film about war
>let that sink in
>war
>did I remind you it's about war?
>PG-13
>"hurr durr let's glamorise war"
>"oh hey guise when that bullet tears through you, just uh, fall over - we're on a tight schedule"
>"you circus performers we hired - when that fake bomb goes off? Just do a somersault or something, it'll look real enough with touch-ups"
>"no, no, we won't have any scenes involving knives or bayonets - us British are far too classy to resort to THAT kind of fighting"
>"anyone for tea and crumpets?"

Pic related - it's you

>Violence needs to be extreme and shown in great detail for me to get the picture
>There is no possible way to depict war other than this that wouldn't be glamorising it
>I need another gritty war film to bas me over the head with this to get the picture that war isn't fun
>I need every single movie to be FX driven and action oriented or I'll lose focus

didn't know where to start didn't know where to stop
you're not smart

>attempting to argue the inarguable

Sweet mercy, this one's a lost cause.

Jesus christ I too would prefer real gore but you don't have to be an insufferable faggot for it.

>Completely BTFO with nothing to say

Lmfao.

>implying I didn't make my entire argument in the post that you simply refuse to believe, for fear it would hurt your pweshus feewings

The rating makes sense in terms of the story, he doesn't want to make a yet another Saving Private Ryan.

Some excerpts from an extensive Dunkirk interview:

>(Smile.) Do not repeat it to the studio: it will be my most experimental film. By far. I preferred to make a sensory, almost experimental movie. Without dialogue. The soldiers have no history - at least I don’t tell it. Most of the crew didn’t understand why I was screening them The Wages of Fear. But it was the one that made the most sense. Which talks about mechanics, procedure and physical difficulties. I rewatched Pickpoket and Un condamné à mort s’est échappé, just for that. Bresson details everything, creates suspense with details.

>[Saving Private] Ryan is a film about the body, blood, fear of being dismembered. Fear is physical. Steven was able to create a visceral intensity of the experience of war. Dunkirk doesn’t play in the same category. It’s a movie with suspense and a race against time.

>It isn’t by accident that Heart of Darkness by Conrad is one of my favorite novels. It’s the purest form of geography and storytelling. Conrad never repeats himself, he sinks gradually into the depths of the human mind. Is it an inward journey or a trip out of oneself ? That’s the real question Conrad is asking. And 2001! And Dante! How to tell the trip ? This is the main question of cinema. Dunkirk speaks about a very special place that evokes the Bible squarely. In May 1940, the English were the Jews driven out of Egypt and driven back by the Red Sea. And in a Judeo-Christian civilization it adds a very strong level of mythology.

www.dunkirkmovie.com

there's a countdown at their site

2:19

>PG-13
lmao

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

sounds like kino to me

pg13 war movies

>Hitler was just a dumb commander lol

H was best goy

Yeah, here's another poster

redpill me on teenagers who want r rated hollywood movies. did mommy not let you buy that violent video game :/

Yeah it's not like we liked grit and gore in 80's action movies, they were all shit in comparison to our great family-friendly entertainment superhero movies, now with extra product placement and LGBT agenda!

its a fucking world war 2 movie, it should not be PG13

It clearly isn't about the gory effects of war, Dunkirk will be more about time and suspense then blood and spilled guts.

Do you really want to see Saving Private Ryan again and again? Even after Hacksaw Ridge?

those 80's action movies were the capeshit of their time. and nobody is forcing you to watch capeshit (which is NEVER going to be mature no matter how many "r" ratings you slap on it)

you don't have to watch it. I'm sure Nolan will be sad he lost your money

Its here boys:

youtube.com/watch?v=T7O7BtBnsG4

crappy mainstream trailer format but the actual footage looks pretty kino to me

moar liek FART of darkness amirite kek

The Prestige > Insomnia = The Dark Knight > Memento = Inception > Interstellar >> Batman Begins > Following > The Dark Knight Rises

dunkirk was a german victory

oh god , there isn't going to be any dialogue.
hope we can at least get some mumbling from bane.

They basically cut down the 5 minute preview Rogue One cut and put it into a trailer format. Glad they brought back the ticking clock. Best part.

Our boi Nolan did it again