Why does Sup Forums pretend to enjoy the Star Wars prequels all of a sudden?

Why does Sup Forums pretend to enjoy the Star Wars prequels all of a sudden?
Is this bizarro-Sup Forums?

Because they weren't as shitty as the Cuck Awakens or the Last Cuck will be.

They are horribly written and executed, but they show original ideas that made SW universe better

>The Republic shown as stagnate and ineffective
>Palpatine getting into power by exposing the flaws of democracy
>The Jedi Council, despite being a force for good, are also shown as authoritarian and despotic organization; neglecting the rules of The Republic whenever they want to.

I've never had a real problem with the prequels

because at least they were different while tfa is a reboot

The underage b& that weren't discerning enough to notice the drop in quality (I was 12 and still dropped Star Wars after Phantom Menace) are now old enough to post here and share their opinions.

>>The Jedi Council, despite being a force for good, are also shown as authoritarian and despotic organization; neglecting the rules of The Republic whenever they want to.

When you have to stop a tyrant you need to make drastic decisions. Democracy has to be defended by force sometimes.

r/prequelmemes softened the fanbase towards the prequels. Millenials don't really look on them as a blight on the franchise, but as a source of humor with good concepts at the core and a tragic mishandling in terms of writing and directing.
In hindsight it's hilarious how assblasted gen X got over the prequels, like they were owed something and felt cheated.

That was only Mace Windu. Obi Wan wanted proof of a Sith infiltrating the Senate so they can arrest him.

>The Jedi Council, despite being a force for good, are also shown as authoritarian and despotic organization; neglecting the rules of The Republic whenever they want to

When did this happen?

>proof
Anakin testimony was the proof.

B/c podracing is more memorable than anything in TFA or any future SW movie -- they will continue to play it safe.

When they decided to go after the Chancellor themselves and kill him for being a Sith Lord.

They weren't brilliant but in an atmosphere of bland marvel capeshit its become clear that the prequels had novel concept designs and good worls building

Also for as much as tv likes to say muh cgi... the prequels used some neat practical effects too

>the prequels used some neat practical effects too
For all the shit the prequels get, they actually did use practical effects at times.

Yeah its funny as fuck. Same with the terminator sequels, ghostbuster reboot, Robocop reboot, total recall remake, the thing remake, transformers revival, AVP, its fucking hilarious watching people sperg out as if they somehow deserve quality entertainment.

Seriously it doesn't matter if the prequels had new ideas and innovated, those ideas were tainted by poor world buillding, awful cgi set designs and terrible dialogue. The prequels are awful and nothing will ever change that.

Because this board is full of autistic lonely manchildren who dont have any opinions themselves and just parrot each other to feel like they belong somewhere.

>like they were owed something and felt cheated
To be fair, when a film franchise redefines film, you expect a level of quality. But yeah, they overreacted to hell and back

This, most likely.

>all of a sudden
Hi, newfag

George didn't intend any of that kek

Because Reddit enjoys making memes about it.
Sup Forums has just become a shit Reddit.

I've always liked the prequels, I mean I watched them as a kid and it was a damn great time to be a Star Wars fan if you were a kid.

This, the prequel hate was cringy as fuck

>GEORGE LUCAS RAPED MY CHILDHOOD XD

>I watched them as a kid
confirming

>Casually admitting you're a fucking nostaligafag.
Gtfo

This

The Phantom Menace is like entirely practical apart from the droids and gungans, TFA probably has 10 times the cgi

Because Sup Forums exists only in opposition to the mainstream.

The prequel love didn't begin until Disney bought Star Wars and produced The Force Awakens. With the advent of a new Star Wars that proved to be widely popular both critically and commercially, Sup Forums was forced to reverse its polarity, so to speak.

So the prequel films became the poster-boy for misunderstood genius (which is the userbase projecting its own insecurities), while The Force Awakens became seen as a manufactured, soulless vehicle for commercialization. Ironically when Rogue One came out and people pointed out its glaring flaws, Sup Forums quickly flocked to defend that film, despite originating from the same plutocratic miasma that TFA did.

So it's not the films themselves that Sup Forums likes (because they are truly poorly made films) but what the films represent. An esoteric work of unappreciated genius that never, ever shows a woman beating a man in combat.

haha he stepped into poopie

>when a film franchise redefines film

Star Wars is a kids movie designed to sell toys

>Sup Forums is contrarian for the sake of being contrarian

wow this must be a first...

It's a movie for kids.

Revenge of the Sith > Return of the Jedi

>TFA probably has 10 times the cgi
Dude, I hate the hypocrisy of people. Movies today use so much green screen and CGI. Just because the prequels used green screen and CGI when it was in its infancy it's okay to shit on it

And retards. Kids and retards, that's it.

So was the OT

Hating the prequels was always a meme; now we're in the period where we can reflect and reevaluate them.

then why there wasn't any poop or fart jokes in the old ones?

Yes, my wifes son clapped when the younglings were being slaughtered, it was his second favorite scene after the senate ones.

The prequels had to take that first step so we could have the technology we have today, stuff like fully cgi characters, digital stunt doubles, actually decent greenscreen

my boy Hayden Christensen did a good job as Anakin imo

>my wifes son
C U C K
U
C
K

You're old OP, deal with it

Prequel love is just Disney trying to make the property they purchased more valuable.

Reminder that most of neo-Sup Forums was the same age as Anakin when Episode 1 came out.

>my wife's son
opinion dissmissed

kek, I wish

PREQUEL SPECIAL EDITIONS WHEN

Don't watch them then.

Exactly. I would even say that the OT is more for kids than the prequels.

But there was a lot of humor and no drama or sinister things like in the prequels.

Revenge Of The Sith was the darkest Star Wars movie. I remember that it was rated for more adult audience and I remember hearing in the news that it was more dark and not so for kids.

And people take it for granted

>implying he's not way older than most people here

>But there was a lot of humor and no drama or sinister things like in the prequels.

Literally where?

Because the sequel are even shallower than the prequels doing more damage than the prequels.

On top of that Disney is greedy as fuck milking the franchise harder than ever destroying the illusion that its about anything but money.

I don't yet I still mock you fags for liking them

>and no drama or sinister things like in the prequels
That is a lie

>But there was a lot of humor and no drama or sinister things like in the prequels.
>Exactly. I would even say that the OT is more for kids than the prequels.

A New Hope alone has Lukes family being burned alive, Jawas being massacred, a father torturing his daughter, an entire planet being wiped out etc.

nothing sinister whatsoever though

ITS FO KIDS LUL I LAUGHED

I fucking hate the prequels, but Christensen honestly does get too much flak.

He's a solid actor in other work, but he was hamstrung by Lucas. The dialogue in the prequels is just atrocious. Not even the meme shit like "I hate sand", but just the dialogue during his "turn to evil" scene and in his conversations with Sheev is so wooden and on-the-nose that it would make any actor seem cheesy by association.

All of that was compounded of course by Lucas' direction. Hayden Christensen was a young actor taking on the mantle of one of the most famous characters in cinema history, the weight was enormous. And Lucas gave him nothing. Seriously, watch the behind the scenes. Lucas is sitting down the entire time, glumly watching the filming while his head rests on his hand. He provides none of the energetic momentum we see in his earlier work, instead he tells Christensen that "he needs to show a lot of anger, but also deep pain" and lets him go. There's no way you're going to get a good performance out of that, unless you've got an experienced actor with a deep understanding of characterisation in writing. Hell, even great actors like Natalie Portman and Samuel L. Jackson feel like they're phoning it in during the prequels.

TL;DR: Christensen was the sacrifice that Lucas left on his altar of apathy, and I feel for the guy.

There's this guy I work with who's in his mid 20s. Long unkempt hair, unshaven, fat, lives with his parents. When TFA first came out he parroted on and on about how it's ANH rehash and at least the prequels were original. Then I argued how it needed to be to get people back into star wars after the prequels nearly killed the entire star wars universe. Then he just kept saying Rey's a Mary Sue over and over and then he moved onto there's no black stormtroopers. After that he only works overnights and no one talks to him anymore. I imagine that's how pretty much everyone on this board is in real life.

Imagine how good the prequels would have been if George just did his "hire a director and writer and just be an ideas guy/oversee the project" thing

I don't get why people don't get this. TFA had to be that way, the prequels damaged the image of the brand.

>the prequels nearly killed the entire star wars universe.
you are a fucking retard and he's right

I'm a nostalgiafag but I absolutely hate when new movies use nostalgia as an excuse to avoid being original. The reason I thought TFA was so disgusting is because it was trying to be nostalgic. The first Star Wars I saw was Episode 6 and then Episode 1, I was a kid but I already noticed that Episode 1 was way different from the old ones. To me if something is different enough it's already good or at least better than more of the same.

>being this mad about movies made for 7 year olds to sell toys

There are. "Bantha Poodoo" was a callback to a Jabba the Hutt line from ROTJ

who said it?

>implying being nearly half a century old and still shitposting on Sup Forums is something to be proud of

Watched episode 1 last night for the first time since the year it came out as a kid.

Holy shit it is fucking awful.

Jabba:
>Ah, chicaboog noon-eeg Solo. Tah keeng sa leeng ah pak mugglah, peeska chatah: may now kung BANTHA POODOO.
Translation (subtitles): It’s too late for that Solo. You may have been a good smuggler but now you’re bantha fodder.

so where's the fart joke?

If anything George should go back and remaster the prequels. Some of that CGI is really dated now.

jabba calls han bantha poodoo. aka a poop joke.

>being young enough that you haven't realised people don't actually change much as they get older

You're here forever.

Yoda farts on Luke when he first finds him in the swamp as well

Is that's JJ's excuse for ripping off everything he touches?

>They couldn't make an original movie because they needed to remind people it was Star Wars

Do you meaan where is the humor?
Have you watch the movies?

where are the sinister things in the OT?
The Emperor? It's the only thing sinister I can remember.
In the prequels you have Anakin killing children and defenseless people.

a sith is never defensless

Objectively the best world building and design.

They are shite.

The prequels, as whole movies, sucked ass. However there are individual sequences in all of them that are pretty good as standalone vignettes. The Pod Race and Duel of the Fates (fight and music) from Ep1 come immediately to mind.

>In hindsight it's hilarious how assblasted gen X got over the prequels, like they were owed something and felt cheated.
Funny how most of you faggots are doing the same song and dance over TFA

Really jogs the noggerino.

>Hating the prequels was always a meme
Liking them is the meme, retard. How is your first day posting going?

>wah wah wah people like things!!

/thread

Are you sorry yet, Sup Forums?
Lucas may have gone too far in a few places but at least the prequels were enjoyable in their own way and sonehow unique.
The Disney movies are just shit.

A testimony can be biased.

>Cuck
you know how I know you're in a cult?

Because it has been confirmed that a certain character in these movies is Snoke.

Snoke is an imperial commander who fought at the battle of Jakku and is in the Aftermath novels.

>thinking someone needs to be mad to point out why retarded people like retarded shit

Most of the people that grew up with the OT and saw the PT as teens or later generally liked TFA. The people here shitpissing about the new Star Wars are mostly babbies that saw the PT when they where young and they're emotionally imprinted on them, or just run of the mill edgy contrarians.

samefag prove me wrong

The prequel hate was always a reddit groupthink meme with no basis in reality.

>no basis in reality
Please kill yourself you delusional little faggot.

yeah nobody was mocking the fucking prequels until reddit. Right. How young are you?
>with no basis in reality.
oh fuck so you're crazy and stupid too.

Please go fuck yourself with a cactus you tasteless pleb.

>prequel trilogy
>taste
lol

The prequels have more re watchable than TFA.