Why the fuck were both these movies praised so much? Fucking juvenile crap

Why the fuck were both these movies praised so much? Fucking juvenile crap.

normalfags/mothers/tumblrites that think children's entertainment can be kino

They were fine you grumpy fuck. Nothing amazing but serviceable fun nevertheless.

Big hero 6 was garbage

Like you could tell half the plot before it happened

And then at the end it's pretty much like the older brother burned to death for fucking nothing when you think about it

>Kids movies
>Fucking juvenile crap.

Really activates those almonds.

It's called a monopoly. American animation is getting dangerously close to the same kind of crap that Microsoft almost pulled on the computer tech industry back in 2001.

And no, don't bring up Dreamworks or Sony Animation. Those chucklefucks don't count as competition.

And Ironically the best recent animation was from Dreamworks

Please do not tell me that you are referring to the movie about Donald Trump's childhood.

how to train your dragon was pretty good

Was Trump training dragons in his childhood?

BH6 had its moments

Inside Out was pure anti-kino

horrific movie

I liked Inside Out. I absolutely hated Big Hero 6.

Disney buys reviews

they are from Kikexar
people goo see it now matter how bad it is

Inside out wasn't the worst
Big Hero 6 was actually terrible

I have no fucking clue how both of these managed to win an academy award

Didn't see "Big Hero", but I liked Inside Out. Lots of Pixar movies are actually pretty good imo...

Pixar hasn't made a good movie since Toy story 3. Considering their next two movies are Cars 3 and some ripoff of Book of Life, it's bound to stay that way

My negro. True patrician choice along with Laika.

BH6 is a meh concept with a good protagonist. Inside Out was a great concept with an annoying protagonist.

Wrong
Pixar hasn't made a good movie since Wall-e

>BIG HERO 6
Its literally shit

This. Toy Story 3 was an emotionally bankrupt cash in.

When voting for the Animated film Oscar the voters generally abstain or vote for what their kids liked.

Seriously.

Read the released comments from those Oscar voters on their reasons for their choices. From memory one guy admitted he hadn't seen any of the movies because he was too busy to watch movies but he'd heard the one he selected was good.

It also doesn't help that there are like a grand total of 4 animation studios producing movies that are even worth a damn, and that's not saying much either.

Walt Disney
Pixar
Dreamworks

That's it I think. Fucking Disney is the only one that's actually put out some good movies recently

You're forgetting Laika and Sony.

big hero 6 was so overrated

the plot sucked too, I mean you created your own pointless super villain

It should've been about battling robots the entire time

This. They just don't give a single shit about animations.

>How to post on reddit 2
Stop watching childrens movies

If I wanted to watch a film about a lonely jewish retard I would just watch your home movies.

The first one was 100x better

Laika's the king of style over substance. Their only good movie is Coraline, with the rest getting worse with each one

>Sony

Hahahahahahahah what?

Ok ((((Dreamworks)))) fan :)

This.

BH6 winning the Oscar will never NOT trigger me.

i'd replace Laika with illumination since they churn out crap more intesively

Sony are the vehicle for publishing Aardman films though, which are fucking pure kino.

Anyone else notice that recent kids movies have more and more race-mixing propaganda in them than the 90's ones did?

Thank you, user.

Laika is vastly overrated and Boxtrolls is easily one of the worst animated films I've seen in a while.

>reddit
>Dreamworks

Reddit are a bunch of Disneyfags/Pixarfags who were pissed HTTYD2 won the GG over Lego, but didn't care that Big Hero Shit won over HTTYD2, Song of the Sea, and The Tale of the Princess Kaguya.

Shit taste all around. /r/movies aren't filled w. film fans -- they're filled with capeshit/Disney fans who think they're film fans because Disney owns the film industry these days.

Fuck you Paranorman is awesome.

Inside Out, Brave, Frozen, Big Hero 6 have won oscars

Wreck it Ralph, Moana, Coraline, How to Train your Dragon haven't

Really makes you think

>Go on reddit
>Ask whats your favourite animated film?
>Shitload of replies will say HTTYD/HTTYD2
huh
Either way, it's a childrens film

What about Cartoon Saloon?
Ghibli until recently?
Laika?
Any other foreign animation studios that blow American animation away.

>gee do we give the award to these ambitious foreign and indie animated films? Do we give it to a great sequel to a fantastic film screwed over because it came out the same year as Toy Story 3?

>lol no just give it to Disney. They need even more accolades and dick-sucking than they already have :^)

You seems pretty informed about reddit.

>Putting brave next to the rest of that schlock
It deserved it, fuck off

disneyfags need to be gassed

Don't forget SoTS, The Wind Rises, and Kaguya.

FUCK YOU ALL

Even Pixar came out afterwards and admitted it was a mess.

>Brave deserved it

HAHAHAHAHAHAH

wtf is this?

>Pixar understanding what is good and bad
Ha

ew wtf is this movie?

the thread did not need to continue past this post

what are you getting at? moana and wreck it ralph were also made by disney

Who knows a film better than the people who made it you mouthbreather?

I saw a presentation by one of the character designers for HTTYD. His brother was our biology teacher.

the animation looks really fucking weird in this, racemixing propaganda aside

It's done with shitty mocap.

That they were both a hell of a lot better than Frozen and Big hero 6

Uncanny valley

>It's called a monopoly

How so? Anyone is free to do whatever, it's just that it costs a shitton so a few people are willing to do so. It's in no way comparable to what microsoft did.
Couldn't get into it: i felt that it was always the choice of the characters to remain unhappy.

>They made it so they must get to decide wether it's good or bad!!
They also made inside out and finding dory desu

Big Hero 6 was fucking great.

I am sadly....
But I'm not wrong. Its the reason I stopped going to /r/movies. It's not just a meme for TV to mock /r/movies for their taste... they legitimately have shit taste in film.

Not that tv is great either, but at least they pretend to be sophisticated at least.....

Max is pretty far on the autistic spectrum and so is a victim of nature
Mary was raised by pretty shit parents and is a victim or nuture

Inside out was a legit good allegory for developmental psychology.

No, it was awful. The only redeeming things about it were the visuals and Immortals

No, it was mediocre. don't use hyperbole and expect to be taken seriously.

The first watch is fun but it holds no substance.
They should have gone further with the whole other dimension shit really but left it too far in the movie.

t. knows nothing about psychology

Inside Out was okay. Fun characters, charm, solid story and clear progression. Pretty much perfect kids' film formula and what I expected.

Big Hero 6 is a fucking terrible movie, though. None of the characters were fleshed out other than the main kid, and he was boring af. The robot wasn't as funny as they wanted him to be and his catchphrases were annoying rather than cute, making the attempted sentimental moments weak. Didn't help that it had the most obvious twist in cinema but didn't expect the audience to guess it, either. The ending was also exactly what you thought it would be, and not in a good way.

Don't lump a serviceable movie in with Big Hero 6.

I want to passionately rim Disgust's delicious derrière doughnut

t. knows nothing about psychology and movies.

no u

I understand that but it just always felt like they didn't get they suffering far enough: whenever it got seemingly too unbearable they stopped even though continuing on the path would have actually helped them shed all the shit they didn't need. I understand that I'm projecting but it's still was mostly frustrating, not all that sad. I guess life wasted because of schlock is a tragedy but it's still not all that sad.

Mars Needs Moms

The only thing going for it was the god tier animation. That said, kill yourself.
And you too.

>Mars needs moms
A cautionary tale on hyper realism in kids movies.
It's on the same lines as the Polar Express on terms of creepiness.

Only good part of this movie was the hips on the alien chick

How can a studio go from a literal 90% kino rate to never making another good movie?

ITT: Triggered weeaboos

>The only good thing about this visual experience was that the visuals were great.

t. triggered westacuck

agreed

>cartoons for children
>juvenile

top kek

It's called *****FAMILY***** movies

Kubo would have actually been kino if they would cut it out with the comedic writing. All the jokes in that movie were terrible, it should have just been serious.

Normies call anime and comics juvenile yet piss themselves over every new Disney movie really makes you think huh

>the thighs are thicker than the ass
Who designed this

Piss poor CG artists that can't follow the concept art properly.

>Cars 3
I thought cars 2 was a straight to DVD disaster

>nuPixar
No

How did they manage to fuck up how to train your dragon 2 so badly? It's like they had no clue what made the first one great.
Hoping the next one's good. The only trope I enjoy more than time loops are dragons.

The one with the brain people was fine. Wandered a bit with the stupid 'quest' she went on, but it was OK. A 6 outa 10.

Big Hero 6 was just boring. Everythi g about it felt forced and grasping, like it was trying way too hard, from the character nicknames, to the magic tech powers, to the awful character design, voice casting, music. It was all just awful.

A story about a kid making his own dumb robot and trying to teach it to be a superhero is a good idea. The mess they churned out just reeked of interfering, amateur writers and politics chasing rewrites.

They got bought out by Disney and hemmorhage employees. It's the same reason there's a lot more decent animated films nowadays.
Say what you want about Steve Jobs, the guy led great fucking teams.

the whole explaining that his mom was a secret dragon trainer instead of having her stay dead as a reminder that dragons are still dangerous wild animals is probably its biggest problem

Thank you user. Glad I'm not alone on this. The way they handled his father was pretty shit too.

the mom was originally the bad guy