Netflix removes chromosome explanation of sexes from Bill Nye the Science Guy

youtube.com/watch?v=EPbpUM0F6nQ
What did they mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l5GEpyYel4g
youtube.com/watch?v=IpLxMrY2MSU&feature=youtu.be
independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/bill-nye-the-science-guy-netflix-edit-removed-censored-gender-sex-chromosome-transgenderism-a7716881.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

who cares? you donaldtors have nothing better to do

I honestly don't care about it. So what people want to live their life as grape fruit. It has zero effect on me.

Chromosomes no longer determine sex. Haven't you heard? Sex how you want, it's your goddamn right.

(((they)))

sure, but anyone should reserve their right to say it's dumb and not be hounded for it

No, you have the right to say it's dumb. That's where your free speech rights end. To say you should be able to say it without people calling you dumb in return means you believe you should have free speech but not them.

by hounded i mean harassed beyond the point of just disagreement

Harrassment laws already exist.

lets see how you feel in 20 years when you get fired for not giving your son estrogen

The left is truly anti science and anti reason

They must be destroyed for the sake of humanity

i'll be dead in 20 years

based Netflix

>science denial doesn't affect public policy

I live in the south plenty of people denied science here. If you gonna bitch about bill. You have to bitch about the people who pray sickness away.

I must have missed when any of the people who prayed sickness away censored an educational show about bacteria causing sickness on a massive scale.

>liberals are left
Is this the power of Sup Forumsreddit?

This guy's got all the answers

>on a massive scale

I'm confused on how big a scare you think a massive scale is. Deleting an episode of an old tv show isn't that massive. Not compared to trying to rewrite science books to say that god exist.

>editing science out of Netflix shows for a political agenda
>not a massive scale

>Deleting an episode of an old tv show isn't that massive.

They didn't delete, they edited.

>Not compared to trying to rewrite science books to say that god exist.

On par with it.

>I feel like god created humans, not evolution
>That's fine but YOU CANNOT TEACH THAT AS SCIENCE
>I feel like there are unlimited genders and chromosomes don't define my sex
>Well I guess that's the science we teach now

Why would they do this. Have they never heard of the Streisand effect?

Good goy next we move on to rights for virtuous pedophiles.

DUDE SHAREBLUE LMAO
DUDE MAGA LMAO
DUDE YOU FUCKING SHILLS LMAO
DUDE CHECK OUT MY KEK FLAG LMAO
DUDE BASED BLACK GUY WITH MAGA HAT LMAO

The better solution is to put a warning in front to warn people that this science is out of date, but all things considered it's much better to remove it entirely so you don't confuse people.

PURE COINCIDENCE

Leftists are the biggest braindeads and degenrates: Apparently it's wrong to electrocute faggots in order to heal them, but it's perfectly fine to inject female shit into little kids to "change their gender".

>if you care about science being censored to fit a political narrative you must be a Trump supporter

>On par with it.

Congratulation now you are caught up with me. Like I said if you bitch about one thing you have to bitch about the other.

caught another trumpfag, lads.

As long as he doesn't keep speaking for science or claiming he is promoting science.

But because he has made a career of pretending to be that, he deserves to be exposed at every opportunity for being a fucking hack.

Tumblerinas and mentally ill trans ppl are not the issue here.

No we don't, this is a thread specifically about Bill Nye's show being censored by Netflix because of politics. When conservatives censor science shows, then we'll talk about that issue in threads about it.

Until then, you're just obstructing the conversation because you don't like it but can't think of any good counterarguments.

Do you ever stop to think that you're just pushing people to Trump by saying bullshit like this?

>bitch about a non-issue as opposed to something actually happening right now

only the morons like yourself

The West is essentially undoing the Enlightement.

Well, that explanation is wrong anyways (or at least a gross over-simplification). It leaves out disorders like the offspring receiving xxy or something.

If you were able to follow the conversation. You are trying to convince me that it matters. When I said I don't give a shit. Of course I'm not the kind of person that lets tv and the internet raise my kids. If I had any.

>liberals think people should get mandatory vaccines and be atheist because science dictates it must be
>wtf do I care if they want to think its natural for human beings to be something science has declared they are not, lmao not my problem!

They can but that shoudln't have any impact on education as a whole.

Someone please post that one webm of him trying to emulate a DJ, it cracks me up every time.

Peterson is basically reddit personified. Absolute hack.

>>liberals think people should get mandatory vaccines

There are a LOT of leftist anti-vaxxers.

>disliking people lying about science makes you a drumpfkin
fuck off faggot

another one into the net. never fails with you trumpers

Honestly how is it my problem again?

Semantic arguments are idiotic. No one denies that chromosomes exist. You're just upset because the currently prevailing ideology contradicts your own.

>this science is out of date

Bill Nye The Science Guy was a show about science.
Bill Nye Saves The World is a show about how Bill is the savior.

You're not saying that it doesn't matter, you're calling anonymous people on the internet hypocrites for allegedly not being consistent because they're only talking about a relevent issue of scientific censorship as opposed to a less relevant one, even though you have no way of knowing what anyone here has previously said about Texas censoring textbooks.

You're just upset that the conversation exists.

>how is rampant delusion my problem

Whats with the random fucking sounds?

Inshalla, just as planned.

BAKE THE FUCKING CAKE

Based muslims are too redpilled to fall for the jewish (((science)))

Reminder this is the face of the alt right

What is it with you >muhpols and constantly replying to things that were never said?

erm... what the actual fuck?

the science has been settled on the gender sciences and its been confirmed there ins't just "male" and "female"

and when I come on here and here all spew your backwards backwater vitriol it makes me sick to my stomach

the science is out!, you are all basically flat earthers and I am literally laughing at the sick hateful comments in this thread

Tell us what's going to happen to science if scientists stop calling people with XY and XX chromosomes male and female, respectively.

Your reasons for getting mad are purely ideological and political, not about science.

Think of it this way: who gets a better shot in evolutionary race - straight men who fuck straight women, or tranny ""men""" who fuck dinosaurkin females(male) expecting to give birth to a pegasus?

Nature always finds a way, this filth will wash itself clean off the face of this planet in a few short generations, leaving the clearheaded ones to fix their mess

>relevent issue of scientific censorship

It's a netflix tv show made for adults who want a nostalgia trip of Bill Nye. Not a scientific paper. Also It's still hypocritical. You can't bitch about the left doing something. When the right is doing it as well. It doesn't matter if you just became a conservative this year.

looks like the nu liberals were the retarded ones after all.

Based baby spic, working the leftists cucks.

the future looks bright indeed commie he supports his country unlike you do traitor.

It's the original 90s series that's being censored, not the new Netflix show. An educational science show for children is being edited because biological science is becoming politically taboo.

It was implied. Nye is a liberal and that post refered to him as left which he is not. Redditors need to pick up a book ffs.

>I must be American
the state of your intelligence lmao. Definitely a yank arent you

Truth.

In Bill Nye's ice cream example, by the end the vanilla was the one that was forcibly changed

This is a science fact.

I hate americans more than anyone on earth because they never shut the fuck up about their gay little political circus.

The Nyddler strikes again
youtube.com/watch?v=l5GEpyYel4g

If you are showing you kids a 90's science show. That you are probably doing more harm then good. Science has come a long way since the 90's.

you are an idiot assuming someone is ""alt right" for supporting there president so i don't give a shit where you are from.

>Science has come a long way since the 90's.
basic grade school-level science has come a long way from the 90s
The fuck, no it hasn't. Kids are still using text books from the 80s because basic science is pretty much as close as you can get to established fact in the scientific world and it doesn't change much.

but of course youre all 'alt right'. Are you the boy in the pic?

>Science has come a long way since the 90's.

Yeah now it's placating mentally ill faggots and literally erasing evidence based facts because its politically inconvenient

>You can't bitch about the left doing something. When the right is doing it as well.
Yes, I can. This shouldn't even be a partisan issue, but you're obsessed with making it one as a means of trying to obstruct it.

Please tell us about these imoprtant changes in science since the 90s.

He doesn't talk about gender or sex in it, but you guys just saw a fake caption. Here's the actual clip

youtube.com/watch?v=IpLxMrY2MSU&feature=youtu.be

I have a lego set. It comes with instructions telling me how to build a car. I use extra lego bricks to make it more of a truck.

Do I have a lego car or a lego truck?

>here's an example of Netflix censoring a Bill Nye episode that discussing the relationship of chromosomes to sex
>LET ME DEBUNK THIS UNRELATED IMAGE YOU MAY HAVE SEEN
?

>I have a lego set.
>It comes with instructions
sounds like you'll need them

I must have missed the part where spermatogeninis and pregnancy are social constructs.

Yeah, so what if people's feelings are allowed to overrule scientific facts.

>unrelated
>is the actual clip
i don't understand

The actual clip is in the OP:
>Netflix appears to have removed a segment from a 1996 episode of Bill Nye the Science Guy that attributes biological sex to chromosomes.
>The original broadcast of the episode, entitled 'Probability', saw a young woman explain (at 9:07 below):
>Netflix has yet to clarify the reason for the edit, but it was likely made due to Nye embracing gender fluidity on his new Netflix show, Bill Nye Saves the World, a position that could stand at odds with this original lesson.
independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/bill-nye-the-science-guy-netflix-edit-removed-censored-gender-sex-chromosome-transgenderism-a7716881.html

Humans aren't legos.

*moron's
Check made!

I don't support Trump, I'm talking about other people. You know like the guy you just branded as a Trump supporter for disagreeing with him, after he told you he wasn't one.

Yeah, how is it?

Sort yourself out

wait, so when did this stop being true?

fuck yes

You have a terrible analogy.

There are already places where you're required by law to address people with their retarded made up pronouns.
It does affect us very much and it's literally science denialism.

>Dont support censorship of a clip talking about chromosomes.
>Y-you trump supporters.

The absolute state of the modern left cuck.

>Looks like they're starting to get it.
>But they don't like it.

>Sup Forums will defend this
Hooooooly fuck.

Never had legos because I'm not an autist.
Lego sets come with instructions? It's a fucking blocks-for-construction game why there should be instructions?