They obey their master, you could learn a thing from them

American imperialism?

Gooks gonna gook.

They believe in korean Jesus

Bump cause interesting post

>you can both have a Christian gf and an Asian gf in Korea
Truly the dream

bingo

They're probably trying to fill the void in their consumerist lifes thru vapid pseudo-spirituality

Also wanting to set themselves apart from the godless norks i'd imagine

>Why do they believe in the truth LuL
fucking heathens all of you

They have Buddhism though

And Korean shamanism for that matter

South Korea being Majority Christian just makes it better. I wonder what gods they had before Christianity though; probably similar to Shinto or Buddhism I guess.

Confucianism/Neo Confucianism was king throughout the long Joseon dynasty, with Buddhism going in and out of style back and forth many times since its introduction many years ago (Buddhism was not the state religion for a long time, pre-Joseon Dynasty).

Shamanism (AKA "Korea's Shinto") was always around but it was just a background noise in terms of prestige and relevance.

Christianity is the new kid in town.

Note: Although Confucianism isn't really a religion, it was the go-to spiritual thing for many Koreans

Interesting stuff, thanks.

Koreans readily took up Christianity because they identified the Holy Trinity with a trio of deities in traditional Korean folklore. Japan did not because traditional Japanese religion had nothing in common with the Christian religion at all.

Why did Korea take Confucianism so seriously? Not even China gave that much of a shit about it.

I think the purging of Christians did stop Christianity from spreading. All because the warlords falsely believe it was to undermine them even though they were undermining themselves.

Korea will be the last bastion of western civilization when the muslims take over

>Not even China gave that much of a shit about it.
Read books, you obviously get your information from civ, eu and wiki.

Confucianism was the state religion of ancient China and a passing exam + essay on the beliefs was necessary for any government job.

Don't Koreans feel weird being Christian? It's really white-larping

Do Asians feel weird wearing lederhosen or Viking helmets?

Would you rather mosques?

This always seemed really bizarre to me? Don't they any religion of their own at all?

i just finished watching a korean movie today. it was called the wailing and it was good

that would be like saying that white people feel weird using Hindu-Arabic numerals or by having semitic names or by using an arab based musical notation or by living in the Americas, etc.

But we've been using Hindi numerals for a thousand years. Christian missionaries came over ... I don't know, later, I suppose.
Maybe in the 1960s, after the Korean War. The war in which white people killed a bunch of their people

Christianity is the universal religion you goof, it's for everyone in all places at all times.

Why are Japs so nihilistic and materialistic?

>christianity
>wh*Te
It's literally Semite larping

americans are so retarded

Collectivism, lack of critical thought, not opinions of their own.

Same shit in all of Asia.

>the truth

that's not the same

Protestant missionaries could spread christianity easily by building western infrastructures like hospital and school during the late 19c.
And the weakness of traditional religion like buddhism and shamanism let people convert to christianity more easily. Interestingly, before the Korean war Pyongyang was the center of the Protestantism in Korea and called 'Jerusalem of the east.'

Plus, even Kim Il-Sung was Presbyterian before he became communist.

Oh shit user, got immense nostalgia from your pic. Saw this sign in Hikone when I walked around the near by mountain. Good times. I wonder if these exist elsewhere around Japan, or if it's just the one.

>Netherlands is pale

>and a passing exam + essay on the beliefs was necessary for any government job.
sauce on this?

Also, having God on the top of the hierarchy pyramid and not the Emperor didn't really fly in Japan.

morty

Fuck off and die, normalfag.

During the Japanese occupation, they tried to replace Korean Buddhism with Japanese Buddhism which was considerably different, and also to gradually convert the population to Shintoism. Christianity curiously enough was ignored by the Japanese authorities and spread in Korea quickly, where it became a nationalistic banner.

The christian korean groups were the most active campaigners for independence. Thus the most influential persons in the beginnings of the korean republic were christian

Evangelicals believe that they can save souls just by making them say they believe in Jesus.
They believe just believing in Jesus is enough to get you into heaven so they go around handing out cards and trying to teach you about Jesus and all sorts of bullshit.

Which is stupid. If we are saved by faith alone, then why does the Bible put such an emphasis on following God's word and laws? Real Christians know that salvation is a lifelong process and we are saved by both our faith and works, which involve using our free will to cooporate with the graces we recieve from God. None of this "hands you a pamphlet at buggers off" crap.

Trully, Korea is God's Gift to mankind.

It was called Sendo, iirc. Standard shamanism, nothing special.

We have 10 millions of christian, that's the reason.

>their master
You mean a dead Jewish, right?

>Be this deluded

No, they're not.

>It's really white-larping

Christianity is originally an Arab religion you retarded dumbfuck

Any book about the religion. Search for 'eight legged essay'.

>10 million

I blame the Jews for this.

It's just American proddies.
Not much to do with christianity.

Honestly I don't know why. Most korean are atheism

Christianity in Japan was very successful until they started suppressing it.

Pic from Seoul last week, weird AF huh?
Japan also had more churches than I expected, less than Korea tho

>Christianity in Japan was very successful until they started suppressing it.

lol

Even your Anime is full of Christian motives.
If I just think of Angel Beat.

>Pic from Seoul last week,
Did you participate in this ceremony?
youtu.be/bRGv4hMzOzE

Why are you so bitter?

Well, you see, I went abroad to run away from this kind of things.

Most Japanese "churches" are just wedding Halls that look like churches.

Even out of the churches lots are Brasilian and Flilipino churches

I saw something like this in Osaka; a hobo was sleeping under it.

>the truth

Fuck off mainlander

Not larping if it's the correct religion user

Yeah apparently japanese women even wear crucifix necklaces despite not being christian, weird desu

koreans are the gook and magook of the end times battle.

>implying the one true religion isn't Islamic Atheism

nice one

*tips hijab*