I saw a press screening of this today

I saw a press screening of this today.

Everything happens because the crew are as stupid as they can possibly be just like Prometheus.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/77400017/#77416318
youtube.com/watch?v=1U7OQpeoWiA
youtube.com/watch?v=h31BiAoLnGw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Stupid writers write stupid characters.

pottery

This is gonna be so shit.

Why does David kill the Prometheuses?

Are there any horror movies where the characters act reasonably, intelligently and with common sense?

Movie is shit, that ain't news, I don't know how stupid people need to be not to realise that Ridley turned into an old hack years ago.
He's just trying to get as many bucks as possible before he's senile, since he lost an opportunity to get really big in his prime

>if they don't do what I would do they are dumb

Lazy faggot. Dumb character is something going, "I could run away but instead I'm going to blow my brains out"

Terminator

The thing.

why are all the alien movies literally alien rehashes? it's always the same fucking plot

alien covenant is LITERALLY a remake of Prometheus

Pretty much any good horror movie where you aren't supposed to root for the monster/killer

So whats it about?

>set up movie were we meet the engineers.
>kill them all before we get any answers.
>have a generic alien movie instead were someone gets infected by an egg.

Fuck this.

The original Alien

Is she Ripley's mom?

How accurate is this leak?

archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/77400017/#77416318

Does David make the xenomorph? How is the alien killed at the end?

but it's not only egg, man! also spores! what a fresh idea! Because human researchers would totally go out on an alient planet without suits just because computer tells them it's okay to breathe

how's danny mcbride? I'm really looking forward to this movie just because of him.

Because he doesn't want humanity to expand to the stars; he believes they had their chance and should die. He insinuates that's why he killed the Engineers too.

The Covenant is a colony ship. The crew gets woken up from a solar flare and while they're repairing the ship damage from the flare, they intercept transmissions from EngineerWorld. They decide to investigate because it's in the habitable zone of a nearby star. They land, accidentally release alien spores and everything goes to shit. They find the ship Shaw / David crashed. David has been living on the planet for a decade and doing experiments on aliens, and tricks Billy Crudup into getting egg'd. Everyone tries to flee once they realize David's evil. David switcheroos with Walter and follows them back to the ship. Alien was incubating inside someone and escapes aboard the Covenant. Lead girl and McBride throw it into space and then go into cryosleep as they continue on to space. As NotRipley falls asleep she realizes "Walter" is David and screams. David listens to Wagner and puts Alien embryoes in storage. End. This is a super paraphrased version.

No.

Totally accurate. 100%.

Probably the best part. I didn't like the lead gal at all. Walter's pretty good too. David's got a huge God complex in every interaction; how no one realized he was evil is beyond me.

David makes the xeno, yes. He does it by getting Billy Crudup to get egged. Another facehugger gets one of the two gay guys. They take him back to the Covenant and that's where Xeno2 comes into play.

Alien is killed by being jettisoned into space by being impaled / run over by a tractor-like machine.

Except the scene where Ripley goes to get the cat, yea.

>I saw a press screening of this today.

Sure you did.

How about you give us a plot detail that no leak has mentioned.

listen you fucking shit, i am a VERY rational person even in the most stressful, life-or-death situations. if you expect me to believe that a bunch of people that a corporation trusts to run a spaceship are going to make mistakes or do foolish things, well, fuck you. if i were visiting a new planet, i wouldn't just wear a helmet, i would put myself in a giant airtight bubble and have drones roll me the fuck around because i'd be too afraid to expose myself to the elements even if i was planning on colonizing that planet. i would fucking know better than to run in a straight line when a spaceship is crashing around me with debris flying everywhere. you ever post again and i'll downvote the shit out of you

The leak cited here is accurate.

The opening scene has David playing Wagner's "The Gods Enter Valhalla" on the piano for Weyland (Guy Pearce), which he then plays again during the ending scene over the Covenant's sound system as he vomits up facehugger embryos and puts them in cryo-storage next to human embryos.

David first tries to kill Walter by breaking a hand-carved recorder (musical instrument recorder) in his neck and is surprised when Walter shows up 5 minutes later repaired. Walter explains this as an upgrade over David's outdated model as they fight.

>listen you fucking shit, i am a VERY rational person even in the most stressful, life-or-death situations.
I know this is pasta from Reddit but I still cringed.

>David makes the xeno, yes.

Then why the fuck was there a carving of one on the planet he was on 10 years ago?

>downvote the shit out of you

No one gives a fuck about how you'd do it. A 400 pound faggot rolling around a planet in a bubble doesn't make for a good movie.

>vomits up facehugger embryos and puts them in cryo-storage

!

Ridley Scott is a hack. It's that simple. He obviously had no idea where to go with this.

How does David create the eggs? If you can answer this, you're legit. all of the other leakers have just been "lel idk they're just there" but not even ridley is that much of a hack

Straight up, he tells Billy Crudup ,"I wanna show you something, come take a look" and there is just a room full of eggs. Call me a liar, but that's exactly what happens. He says he's been doing experiments on aliens for the past 10 years, but can't create xenos because he has no hosts for them to infect. They really are "just there".

>not even ridley is that much of a hack

lmao

Why won't he just stop? God, at least Alien Ressurrection and the AvP movies felt like they were moving things forward.

This is just convoluted and stupid.

Calling BS, or that it's otherwise explained/alluded to offscreen

Where's Our girl, Our girl from the first film. Where's Shaw.

I'd do it too

chinese commercials

youtube.com/watch?v=1U7OQpeoWiA
youtube.com/watch?v=h31BiAoLnGw

You're a retard. I would leave that sucker to die. Arguably, going back for the cat saved her life so I guess it'd be a toss up for me.

I wonder what happened to Shaw in Prometheus.

One thing I didn't undertand in Aliens was: if she was going back to save the girl, why not save Hudson too? He was caught just before she was. She could have carried an extra rifle for him to use while they were escaping. It would have made things easier.

Newt had the tracker device on her. Then Ripley finds the tracker and starts to cry. Newt Starts Screaming so she runs to the screaming. The device to track Hudson was in the base and on their tank car thing. Ripley placed that arm band around Newt's wrist herself. Imagine dozens of inlets and places to cover, compared to a short jaunt by following the tracker.

it's almost as if going to save Newt wasn't a rational decision at all, but a reckless, emotional one that plunged them all into mortal danger (and, according to Alien 3, had tragic consequences)

if Alien or Aliens had come out today, the internet snark machine would have deconstructed and nitpicked them just as badly as these new movies and they would consider the reception "mixed." sci-fi fans have internalized the cinemasins mode of thinking where the end goal of movies is now to experience a simulated universe where all of the characters are stand-ins for the audience. Of course manchildren hate Milburn and Fifield, nobody wants to pretend to be the idiot scientists.

yeah I guess she didn't have time on her side, place was about to blow
and I remember on the book version Hicks shot the alien that was carrying Hudson with hopes that it would kill him too, so that he wouldn't be impregnated.

The Thing, The Exorcist 1 & 3 etc.

Is there another kind of alien other than the neomorph and protomorph?

Dead. David says she died in the crash on EngineerWorld but he actually experimented on her with the xenomorph virus. You see her dissected on one of David's tables.

You'll see soon enough. David also tries to talk down a necromorph right after it kills one of the crew (the jewish girl as denoted by her Star of David necklace) when she splits off from the main group in David's base. Billy Crudup walks in on David trying to "tame" the necromorph (there were laughs in the theater when this happened), and decides to shoot the necromorph because it's a fucking stupid idea. David kinda flips at him, and Billy realizes that David is not telling him the truth about what's going on here. David then tells Billy to follow him and he'll show him everything. That's where you see the aliens (facehuggers and babies) in various stages of dissection. Billy looks on in awe, and that's when David tells him, "I wanna show you something". That something is the room full of eggs. David tells Billy that the eggs are perfectly safe and there's no problem to approach them. Billy's an idiot and does it. That's what happens.

Xenomorph and necromorphs are all you have. There are two xenos and two necros, all are killed.

>android invented the aliens

no, people usually want to experience a simulated universe where the plot isn't fueled by characters acting like retards. get Ridley's cock out of your mouth

the fact that you've mistaken neomorphs with necromorphs, edgy things from a computer game, is very poetic in itself and says something about the film

or he doesn't know what he's talking about and is full of shit.

Nope, Fox is internally calling them necromorphs. I thought it was a mistake when I first saw it too, but that's what they were in the notes.

Okay.

So no detail behind the harvesting of Shaw's eggs? The hack cunt Ripley can go fuck himself.

No, none at all.

>I saw a press screening of this today.
Guarantee you didn't and I can prove it:
In the scene after the credits, what color is the xenomorph?

>necromorph
>neomorph

eh whatever

The moment I saw CGI xenos, I thought "Oh shit. It's going to be terminator 5 all over again."

>You're a retard. I would leave that sucker to die. Arguably, going back for the cat saved her life so I guess it'd be a toss up for me.

The cat could be the last living thing she'll know that isn't trying to kill her. I'd like to say I wouldn't go back for the cat but isolation is a motherfucker.

Octarine

>in the notes
God. The sad thing is that you're probably not even trying to troll. You're just mentally ill and the only way you know how to interact with other people is by RPing.

It's translucent due to mutations caused by the nuke.

Absolutely revolting. They come up with a decent idea in making David a linear progression of Weyland, an ultimate life creator but they don't (for want of a better expression) flesh out the biological tinkering which creates the self-replicating egg/alien symbiosis, the hardened exterior, the acid blood, the razor tail, the mouth, etc.

Ridley's proposed prequel of Covenant must do this and he just couldn't be fucked putting it in this one.

Left during the credits; I didn't really like it so I didn't want to stay through it all.

You don't have to believe me. The film is out in two weeks and the review embargo lifts tomorrow. I'm just letting people know what I saw and if you want to say I'm RPing because I saw the film early then all the more power to you.

>just like Prometheus
You mean like every other Alien movie. Cool.

He isn't a hack. That was a deacon. Remember the xeno that came out of the engineer at the end?

Perfect example and thread/

why is her neck so long

why are her nips so big?

img.4plebs.org/boards/tv/image/1416/31/1416319655081.webm

did they have a chin and jaw budget?

why are you a liar?

Jesus Christ, was this actress high on that cringy conference where 4 guys had to draw Alien.
I'm no stranger to getting high on coke, but, fuck, she and McBride had 10 fucking mules (as in,people who carry cokeballs in their intestines) in their noses trying to get out.

But what about the hologram with fucked up Shaw humming that song? What happened to her?

How did Prometheus survive the bombings while all the other Prometheus' died?