Got /general/

Joffrey edition

The series was so much better when he was around. Ever since he died the whole series has been going to shit.

That kid is a legend! I hope he never acts again. In a thousand years he'll be considered the greatest actor to ever grace the silver screen

how was Renly the master of laws? isn't he like 20 years old?

backlink my man
And it's /got/

nepotism
King's brother can get all the positions he wants

but what does he know about laws? what does he actually do?

Sits on a chair in the council and talks about laws, I guess.
every lord would have to know a fair bit about the law seeing as they have to rule their own lands by it and all that

Is there a maester's chain linked to law studies?

Men want him, women want to be him.

So do you think he really didn't care that much about his sisters or was he just afraid of what his lords would do if he tried to ransom them back?

Modern day Isaac Hempstead Wright

as the person you responded to just fucking said..nepotism.
he gained the position due to being the kings brother. are you retarded?

he was just a dumbass

Shit, we can't even keep threads alive and we're getting closer to the premiere date. Well at least there is 2.5 months to go.

How did he not care about this sisters?

They'd never go for giving up Sansa and Arya for Jaime.

And he did absolutely nothing wrong by disinheriting Sansa. Don't listen to sansafags that say all he did was put Jon ahead, that's retarded and means he'd still be letting Lannisters have rightful claim

Excellent edition OP

>/general/

it's only because /got/ is full of well-adjusted individuals who spend their friday nights and weekends out :^)

>the poor northerners ransoming the most important girl in the north from the rich lannister
I don,t think they,re gonna accept pinecones as payment.

And if you meant an exchange, Robb would've done it for some minor lord or some knights or something, but the Lannister wouldn't accept.

THing is, Sansa is worth more to the Lannister as hostage than she is to the Stark as a princess.

So the Lannister won't accept random people for her, and the Stark won't trade Jaime for her. There's no deal that would make sense for both sides.

And on top of that, the Lannister are pretending to have Arya, for strategical value. To even discuss an hostage trade means to admit they don't have her. The Stark either believes she's lost, so they lose value, or that they killed her, so they lose trust/seem evil.

It's a war, it's not about liking his sisters or not; It's about winning it by making smart moves, both in battle and off battle. As Robb said, he could've traded Jaime for Ned Stark, because THAT means something. But Sansa? What's he gonna do with her? He can't buy any more alliances with a marriage, he had the whole north and riverlands. He's not gonna get Dorne or the Tyrell for Sansa.

And those he lost (Frey, Karstark) would not come back for her. And those who betrayed him (Bolton) would not stay faithful for her, they knew they'd get winterfell anyway so what's the point?

This. /got/ works hard and /got/ plays hard.

I think there's a theory (well it's not really substantial enough to be called a theory, but whatever) that one of the reasons he wasn't angry at Cat for letting Jaime go was because he wanted to make the trade himself but knew it'd make him look weak.
That said, one of the few times he mentions Sansa is when he's incredulous over how stupid she is, so maybe he didn't value her as much as some might think.

Not that I think HBO will make Dunk and Egg one of the spin offs, but reminder that if they do in the show cannon Egg is the Mad King's father since they cut Jaehaerys II.

*canon

cut how? just not mentioning him?

Aemon tells Jon about Roberts Rebellion and says "they killed my brother's son. And his son. And even the children."

The HBO character guide they used to have explicitly listed Aerys as Aegon V's son.

Except the King apparently.

Stannis and Renly BTFO!

stannis should've just let him have it tbqh

why? how is 'this usurper' better than 'that usurper'?
because he's his brother? So what.

because at least then lannistcest shits dont end up winning

He only should have let him have it if he shadow babbyd him as soon as he took the throne so that Renly would have won the war for him

Faggot would have been wrecked

that's not an improvement from Stannis' perspective.

an usurping incest family vs an usurping faggot brother.

kek true, such a cute twink.

>He only should have let him have it if he shadow babbyd him as soon as he took the throne so that Renly would have won the war for him

So the Tyrell would rule? I guess that's a win for Stannis if you have a very loose definition of winning.

Or do you seriously believe the Tyrell would just hand him over the throne and fuck off back to highgarden?

What in the hell makes you think they'd follow the rule of succession? They followed Renly when he had literally 0 claim, then they went with Joffrey even tho they probably knew he wasn't rightful, and then they murdred Joffrey.

Yeah I'm sure that as soon as Renly dies they bend the knee to Stannis and serves faithfully until the end of times.

What about the value of her mind tricks?

Who would the Tyrells put on the throne? It would be them against almost everyone. Stannis would have the Stormlands as well as Robb and his allies.

>Stannis would have the Stormlands as well as Robb and his allies.

oh we going into fanfiction now?
how does Stannis has Robb has ally? Robb is KitN, aka king of half of westeros, and Stannis doesn't accept that, no more than Renly did.

rate my OC

why did you delete the first one?

wanted to change the D&D quote I put in at the bottom. Thinking about adding a title "When even the actors of your show hate your shitty writing" too

ah fuck i forgot to crop out that smudge at the bottom

there was more good stuff from his twitter IIRC

fair enough
i rate your OC 8/10
could use more crayons

I remember seeing a screencap of way more shit lol, but I can't find it anymore, so I made this

Of course he would've done it if he was just lord of winterfell. As king in the north though there's no way that would fly.

Where's the "someone who's still alive" tweet?

What did you mean by this?
Spending their friday nights and weekends out how?

various social activities, I imagine

I must admit why did they get rid of barristan? he could have just stood around not much and it would have been perfectly fine.

they need more money to pay their top 5 actors 2.4 million each per episode or whatever ridiculous amount it is now

I'm drunk and need to catch up on S5 and 6, where does this shit stream? Cba with torrents, pls friends

I'd help you out my lad, but I don't know. I just downloaded them off of the pirate bay or Kickass back in the day. I don't even know if those sites are kill or not anymore, I kinda stopped using them.

I was looking at TPB, I may have to bite the bullet and let them download

>as well as Robb and his allies.

Maybe only download one episode so it finishes quickly and put it on while you download the rest of the season?

OYSTERS, CLAMS AND KEKOLDS

my friend called me an idiot for saying that the show starts sucking during season 5

Maario Naharis

Is Gendry the last hope for House Baratheon?

Is Darkstar the last hope for Dorne?

Maester Luigi

> Ever since he died the whole series has been going to shit.
S6: true
S7: no longer true

but the position still has to come with some responsibilities

Littlefinger is the master of coin. He takes care of finances and he's really good at it.
Varys is the master of whispers. He has a spy network and he provides information and he's really good at it.
Stannis is the master of ships. Okay, I don't exactly know what that means but you can assume he is responsible for the royal fleet and he's really good naval commander.

Renly ????

Disputes are usually settled by the king or king's hand. Or by lords outside of kings landing. I'm not sure if there even is a written law in Westeros and if there is Renly isn't shown to know anything about it.

So what the fuck does he do?

>Littlefinger is the master of coin. He's stealing the treasury for himself and grows the debt to the Iron bank
>Varys is the master of whispers. He has a spy network and he provides information and he's trying to get everyone with talent killed so he can crush the baratheon dynasty and bring some retard from essos
>Pycelle is the grandmaester. He wished Tywin would've been king instead of Robert, made sure the hand of the king died, is working for Tywin and first then Cersei.
>...
>Renly is the master of laws. he's kinda retarded and useless but people like him

It's as if Robert didn't carefully pick people to sit on his small council and didn't bother checking up if they were doing a good job once in a while.

>eddard stark is the hand of the king. everyone and their mom (and himself as well) knew he's not the right guy for the job, and of course he gets himself killed in literally weeks, because muh honor.

Basically, Robert's crew is made from 2 people for their competence ( stannis, LF ), 2 just because Robert liked them (Renly/Arryn, then Renly/Eddard) and 3 because they were there from the start and he didn,t bother finding someone else (Varys, Pycelle, Selmy).

Also LF was recommanded by Arryn/Lysa, so it's basically one more "person he likes" by proxy, and Stannis was certainly not Robert's idea given how he resented him after the targs escaped; He was probably Arryn's pick too.

I guess my issue isn't with Renly being the master of laws, it's with the position itself.
It seems completely pointless.

well, the master of laws actually decide the laws (duh) in general I think. The HotK solves conflicts where the laws isn't clear and stuff like that, but he doesn't write new laws or modify the existing ones. If the hand has to solve a conflict that shows some laws is obsolete/not working right, he'll probably talk to the master of laws to get this fixed.

Also, from the wiki the master of laws is in charge of the judicial system including the dungeons, the city watch, and so on.

His role might seem reduced in ASOIAF because the city watch is really LF's and the dungeons are LF's/Varys'.

They're probably doing what Renly should be doing. Well aside from the treasonous shit.

If dubs D&D redeem themselves and s7 will be KINO

>tfw gurm will never write a book about everything that happened between Robert's Rebellion and AGOT.

Would've been nice to see them at work, LF climbing the laddah, Varys scheming and all that.

guess one could also say tfw gurm will never write another asoiaf book

Good riddance. ASoIaF needs to die already so everyone stops glorifying the books and the show.

Like work & fitness you mean?

he used his charisma to get an idea of what people in the capital were hoping for for laws then proposed them to Robert or more accurately Jon Arryn since Robert didn't actually do any leading and was drunk easily 60% of the time post-rebellion

Since it's a monarchy obviously there are no votes or anything so his position served as more of a "what do the people think and how do we keep them at a base level of happiness to prevent them from rebelling" role than anything

Why didn't Tyrion kill Littlefinger for putting him in problem?

guys????

No he isn't, he's not a Baratheon.
It'll be, ironically, Tommen.

Tommen is dead senpai.

Well, I meant in the books, in the show the Baratheons are gone and nobody cares because they were never popular anyway.

Tommens days are numbered in the books and whatever Gendrys story is in the show will more or less be Edrics

They are numbered but that doesn't mean he can't still do something great. Maybe he'll be the valonquar and kill Cersei to save KL or something.

Edric would be a good option but I still think it would be a nice GRRM twist if Tommen were to bring some honor to the Baratheon name. Plus Edric has the same issue Gendry has in that he isn't a Baratheon.

Tommen is gonna die long before that and if House Baratheon wants to survive beyond the series then it'll have to look to Roberts bastards. One being legitimised by Dany would bring the Baratheon/Targ relationship full circle.

edmure will be the valonqar

renly was actually planning to depose the queen and install the tyrells for a while

Jonsa
Gendrick
R'hllelly
JaqMelly
Piendry
Torienne
WalCat
Catyrion
Robbeon
Joffsay
Breera
Thormelly
Robbgery
JaqAry
Gendrya
Waifjaq
Kindole
Jaimure
Olefish
Stannos
RobbRos
Robbjey
Kindlypair
Tynny
Tyrienne
Jorleesi
MissTy
Tyleesi
Renwun
MissGrey
Branerys
Brodor
Meeosh
Robbcella
LittleCat
NightCat
Nightsei
Nightleesi
Jaimsa
Jaimleesi
Saleesi
Berheart
Berthor
Brojen
Selmolenna
Ricyanna
Ricreen
Melvara
Catlienne
Tybron
Jaibron
Jaimure
Rendor
Rengor
Jailor

>still no branelyn

Varys the Spider

wtf is with these threads going so slowly on off season?

this one isn't going unusually slowly for a weekend thread in american off-hours
how long have you been here for?

Been coming here since season 3. Still baffles me every time the threads just dissipate. Last year we didn't even get one ffs.

i mean, have you been checking these threads all off-season? because it's been way deadder than this a month or so ago

Yeah, i'm here every day almost. Just because it's less dead than usual doesn't justify how dead it is.

ah well, I generally find it's slower on weekends and especially around now (7pm for me)

>they were never popular anyway.

STILL NO TWOW

It's true. Took me fucking ages to mind an OG Baratheon sigil shirt.

>gendry isn't a baratheon
>tommen is

really makes you think

mostly plot convenience.
but Tyrion at some point reflects on LF probably controlling fucking everything in the city and isn't sure if he'd dare take him out. Implying, shit might crumble without LF, and KL was in a dire situation already.

Way I see it, is like some nation having a tyrant for a leader, then an invading army tries to conquer them... Well, as bad as it is to have a tyrant ruling over you, killing him at this time might be even worse because it'll most likely cause a civil war/some disruption and you don't want that when an enemy army is coming in; You want unity, even if it's under a monster ruling with an iron fist. Only way you'll defeat the invaders.

That's how I think Tyrion thought anyway. But again it's a bit weak, it's mostly plot convenience. GRRM didn't want LF dead, but it wouldn't have felt right to have Tyrion ignore everything about it (catelyn would have to tell him nothing, which would make her seem like a huge bitch to want to judge/possibly execute him without telling the reason, and so on).

that part of the renly/stannis chapter (well catelyn chapter, but you get what I mean) really made me hate him.

one moment he's all "Well of course you'll claim the 3 kids aren't Robert, it would make you first in line!" and a minute later he talks about how he was trying to remove Cersei and get Robert to marry Margaery.

So he knew about the incest, but pretends not to, to ridicule Stannis' claim. Kinda pissed me off.

Also I would really like to know what he tried exactly. Did he ask the Tyrell and they said no? Did he ask them and they said they might do it if the opportunity arose?

He didn't talk to Robert, but what was said/done exactly? That's good lore info, because as he didn't talk to Robert about it, he obviously talked to the Tyrell (or he wouldn't say he "tried" anything), so the Tyrell know about the incest as well, yet are willing to marry in the family as well? Did they plan to kill Tommen too, or were they ok to start a new Bastard/Tyrell ruling dynasty?