If he wins the world cup would he be the best ever?

Attached: cristiano-ronaldo-real-madrid_1owg123m78bl16jripie1ghkl.jpg (1280x720, 146K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=j5gDJfFvObg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_international_goals_scored_by_Cristiano_Ronaldo
fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liste_des_matchs_de_l'équipe_du_Portugal_de_football_par_adversaire
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nope

>he doesn't fly Emirates

No.

Nah

Yes

only by stats

The best striker ever

no
/thread

lmao more like the pest ever hahahaha

Attached: IMG_0252.jpg (1080x1080, 115K)

he already is

Does he actually have an impact on the final this time?

he will if it's against feroe islands

this.
he's got like 100 headers and 100 goals with his weak foot, makes every other CF look like shit.

It's amazing hiw he git 100 headers and managed to avoid scoring against all top teams

it's almost like Portugal wasn't as stacked as England, Germany, Spain, France, Italy, Brazil.
also
>it's okay when Messi doesn't score against Chile in two consecutive copa america finals, but Ronaldo is shit if he doesnt score in 1(one) friendly
lmao

it's almost as if he can only score against shit teams hmmmm...

hmmmm

Attached: messi.png (1012x560, 886K)

>no list of teams he scored against
lmao

ronaldo scored against spain
youtube.com/watch?v=j5gDJfFvObg
look at pique

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_international_goals_scored_by_Cristiano_Ronaldo
if it's not on the list it doesn't count

euro 2016
TSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Pelé won 3 World Cups.

>The annihilator of Andora
Reminder the average rank of a Cristiano INT goal is 69. Compare that to R9 who is at 34.

Pretty sure semis and finals have strong teams and Ronaldo seems to have more goals in that regard compared to messi.

>no list of teams he scored against
I really really dont think you want to see all teams Messi scored against in CL

pic related: his 2011 FIFA Ballon d'Or performance.

Attached: Lionel Messi.png (500x780, 192K)

>champions league
>messi scored against madrid with poonaldo
>but poonaldo didn't score against barcelona
>madrid was kicked out
lmao is this the ultimate humiliation? Yes hahaha

pic related: his 2010 FIFA Ballon d'Or performance.

should I continue?

Attached: Lionel Messi.png (500x530, 147K)

>the Punisher of Panathinaikos
>the Killer of Kobenhavn
>the Assassin of Arsenal
>the Slayer of Shakhtar

pic related: his 2012 FIFA Ballon d'Or performance.

I rest my case.

Attached: Lionel Messi.png (500x869, 210K)

>only by the objective way to determine a player's quality

Look at this retard

even complete shitters won world cups

bonus: his 2015 FIFA Ballon d'Or performance.

Attached: Lionel Messi.png (500x535, 114K)

His overall game was never more complete than this CL run.

He's way more fun to watch than Messi. 5 years ago I was like Messi > Ronaldo. However, that was because I was like fuck this arrogant guy.
However, seeing how much effoet and work he puts in and how nice of a guy he seems to be next to the field my opinion changed.
He's the GOAT.
Messi seems like an autistic asshole next to him.

TSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Attached: 1494412879283.png (769x164, 8K)

carried by Neymar

if portugal wins the world cup this year then people will say he's on pele & maradonna level. i wont believe but that will be the consensus.

what does it mean to be the greatest i guess. for me, cr7 peak isn't as high as the real ronaldo's peak. but cr7's dedication, sustaining power and longevity at the top is incredible.

luckily we'll never have to actually have this conversation because there is no way in hell portugal are winning the world cup this year.

internatinal football is shit anyway. i think players should be judged on club football only. international football is a gimmick for casuals. the teams aren't even real.

Tryhard americans are fucking hilarious. Stop pretending to like football, and definitely stop acting like a fedora about it.

He won't. Neither Messi.
Im my opinion the trophy is for Spain or Germany.

No, Pelé is the greatest football player ever, but he's not considered to be the GOAT by a large number of people.
He's a GOAT contender though.

matate de una vez, inútil.

i've been watching football since 1994.
you're probably one of those people that argues about people calling it "football" or "soccer". me? i don't give a fuck. i'm passed that. i enjoy all types of games but i'm honest about what things are. if its bad, i can still watch it, but i will say its bad. you didn't even deny that International is fucking garbage compared to top level club football like the champions league.

If Pele and Maradona were playing today, they would be still playing in south america.

You're right gypsy, scoring against Real isn't anything special

A player of my country scored against Madrid and he's considered a god just because of it.

>scoring against 10men Real
yes very special

they both choked against each other two days ago, hilariously overrated

Spain feat oldman Iniesta as CAM, Isco le dribble and lose the ball man, Alba le run fast and lose the ball man.
Germany feat the slowest laziest midfield ever, 24/7 boreball.
also literal who CF's on both sides.

unfortunately there's no one who can stop them
>the fucking state of the rest of the world.

Attached: 152155125754.jpg (900x960, 311K)

>sevilla and roma
>strong teams

>macaco english comprehension

>Classing England as a good team

Pele has won 3 of them.

If he was born in a proper WC contender like Brazil, Argentina, Spain, Germany or England he would have won 2 or 3 world cups. Man is a natural born winner.

Since my NT is shit, i'm with you in this WC, BR. Go on, America deserves the trophy.

I don't remember him being great at World Cups.

I think Argentina has a better chance. But then, who knows, they always find some ridiculous way to underperform, such as not calling Redondo due to his hair cut.

When he played against us (2004 and 2006 I think) we were actually a good team. Well we had a good team but shit managers and tactics.

most of those games Ronaldo was either a winger, or played for 45 mins, or was refballed, or played against Germany2014 and Spain2010 and Spain2012.

Messi official games against England: 0
Messi official games against Spain: 0
Messi official games against Italy: 0
Messi official games against France: 0
Messi official goals against Brazil: 0 (kek)
Messi official goals against Germany: 2 games, choked&choked
2015 and 2016 copa america finals vs Chile: choked&choked

while he scored hattricks against Panama and Guatemala.

Messi goals in international friendlies: 27
Ronaldo goals in international friendlies: 17

really makes you think.

No, he'd need to win 2 more World Cups to beat the GOAT.

top kekes poonaldofags BTFO
>bu-bu-but his hat trick against andorra was amasin
>a-and the brace against luxemburgo
BWAHAHAHAaahaahahhahhahha fokin mongs getting wrecked by reality

he hasn't played any of those teams more than once, or twice in England's case (both of which were well over 10 years ago), in a competitive match

pathetic image

Messi has only scored 2 goals ever against a European team in a competitve game

and that was BOSNIA and A COUNTRY THAT DOESNT EVEN EXIST ANYMORE

LAUGHING MY FUCKING ASS OFF

brother, cast your eyes upon this fellow

yeah but CR7 hasn't coked out yet

He was great in 2006 as a wonderkid, he was playing injured in 2014 and in 2010 Queiroz was the biggest meme, people only know Fernando Santos and Mourinho as Dark Arts masters, but look at the results and you can tell how he set up the team:
0-0 vs Ivory Coast
0-0 vs Brazil
0-1 (offside Villa goal that knocked us out) vs WC champions Spain
& 7-0 vs North Korea in a meme game

Btw for people who think Spain and Portugal got a piss easy group, Queiroz is coaching Iran and they got 12 consecutive clean sheets on the qualifying phase. And Morocco is literally the closest team to Iran there is rn, pic related.

It’s a dangerous af group but people see “Iran” and “Morocco” and think it’s a done deal.

>scores a bunch of goals against goat farmers
>wins world cup's against people with 2nd jobs
>acts like it's a big deal
fuck off

Forgot pic

Attached: CB07CC7D-6846-41F8-970D-757A7AC89460.jpg (640x466, 59K)

He already is, but WC title will cement his place.

people love to call mourinho defensive/bus parker but queiroz is much worse in that regard.

>0 goals vs spain

Attached: 1467391098577.gif (516x402, 628K)

>2010
nani was at the best time of his career but got severely injured and missed that world cup. It could have been diferent still not bad performance losing against the world champion by offside is nothing to be ashamed off

>2014
portugal team was shit tier, andre almeida, joao pereira, miguel veloso, hugo almeida, helder postiga, pepe red card first game.
But they could have passed the group, they only needed to win by 4 goal difference against ghana, and it ended 2-1... also paulo bento needed to go

> 20 jogos
> 7 teams

>"he hasn't played any of those teams more than once"

Attached: retards.jpg (295x255, 61K)

its either this year in the group stage or in the final against them

Let's not arrange excuses, please. Iran and Morocco are tough and they didn't qualify for the world cup by pure chance. But we're the fucking european champions and we have a reputation to uphold.

Attached: diz-se_campeao_europeu.jpg (800x600, 375K)

Meme players and Ronaldo injured had to play the most important game in Manaus, that shit wasn’t even football. Finally a WC in Europe again

"in a competitive match"

talk about the federation preparation, playing friendlys in USA for some fucking reason. Surprises me how an european team even won that

> they didn't qualify for the world cup by pure chance
> we're the fucking european champions

Its funny because your literally have won that trophy by chance. (Yes i'm still mad)

fuck you, your team sucks! portugal is the best they will win the world cup and ronaldo going to shake his hands with putin and say good job with syria TSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

ÉDER HAS DONE IT

We have a saying in Portugal that goes like this: "a sorte trabalha-se" which is roughly translated into "luck comes by effort (put into it)". People are quick to forget our history in euro cups. We've never been knocked out in the group stage and in 7 participations, we made it to the top 4 in 5 occasions. With persistence, our time would eventually come.

Still wrong faggot. Out of these 20 games, 13 were competitive.

France : 2 games
Spain : 3 games
Germany : 4 games
England : 2 games
Italy : 0 games
Brazil : 1 game
Chile : 1 game

fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liste_des_matchs_de_l'équipe_du_Portugal_de_football_par_adversaire

SEEthing

That's because he never was. he played 13 matches in 3 world cups and scored exactly once in each of them:
The second goal (penalty) in a 2:0 group stage win against iran in 2006.
The sixth goal in a 7:0 group stage win against North Korea in 2010.
The winner in a 2:1 group stage win against Ghana in 2014.

He played Germany in 2 world cups and 2 euros obviously never scoring against us, loosing all 4 games.

He played germany 4 times (2 times in wc and euro each). All I remember him doing in these games is complaining.
Oh and that pathetic dive in 2006 and that meme freekick in 2014.

He got out-fucking-skilled by Arne Friedrich.
Arne Friedrich. On the wing.

what a fucking fraud, system baby

is the gypsy the saddest person on Sup Forums

Based gypsy btfoing all the poomissi rebbitors once again

Is this guy the best ever? He scored more goals against top opposition than CR7 for his NT and carried his team to a WC final and then won it.

All that and he barely scraps into a top 5 of all time for >our country.

Attached: 1940.jpg (400x500, 43K)

I like him desu, even if toxic, he brings life to an otherwise dead/settled debate

I'm curious, who is above him the average Brazilianbro top 5 ?
Pele, Garrincha, Ronaldo and then who ? Zico ? Socrates ?

If Zico didn't choke against >you in 86 he'd be indisputable, but even then he is rated in a lot of top 5 especially by old flamenguistas.

Pelé and Ronaldo are almost 100% rated over Romário, but he tends to be #3 (or even #2) on a lot of lists. People who aren't biased towards strikers also rate Carlos Alberto and Roberto Carlos as elite (they are). There is also Gerson, Rivelino, Rivaldo and Ronaldinho, which can be rated at a top 5 and no one would complain. And there is also a lot of other old players like Vavá which some ancients all over the country rate as better than Pelé even.

this

Easy money desu

If he actually wins the WC with >portugal then he unfortunately he would be the undisputed goat
in club competition, it's pretty neck and neck with messi, but with national football it's a different story
messi never won copa america or wc with argentina and that's a stacked team, gaynaldo already won the euro cup (arguably as tough as copa america) so if he wins the wc it's settled pretty much, although i don't see that happening desu

>unfortunately there's no one who can stop them

Implying going against S. America in knockout rounds isn't like playing russian roulette.

Attached: 1363637214969.jpg (650x830, 117K)

Not even that
There's some only 20th century strikers like Pepi Bican for example that have absurd stats.

He scored against 2006/07 Milan from open play in Old Trafford
That alone makes him superior to Messi

GOAT poacher. Literally Penaldo with a WC. If you rate Penaldo over Missy you must necessarely put Gerd Muller and Romario above him.

Zico and 80s Brazil in general played with the handicap of playing the most beautiful football this planet has ever seen which is hard to do. If they simply only played to win like any other country out there they would have fucking murdered everyone and won both 82 and 86 easy.