Passengers

>wake up on that ship 88 years after chris pratt and Jennifer Lawrence
>still 4 months to go before landing
>whole ship is ruined
>no food left anymore
>the pool smells horrible

wat do?

also
why are the main characters such assholes who kill over 5000 people?

They could have shared the pod, rotating one year in one year out taking turns. Doing this they both would have arrived alive in their 80s, then could have been medically rejuvenated.

They didnt think of this becuase they were stupid, and more accurately the people who wrote this film were stupid.

don't forget how they ruined the ship for everyone else.

why did Andy Garcia do this 3 second role?

a beard like that needs to be seen, senpaily.

the ship wasnt ruined

yea it was

see and there is nothing left to eat for the 5000 people who have to eat each other the next 4 months.

The ship had malfunctioned you fucking retards, that's why they had to eject the core. If they hadn't woke up and done that the whole ship would have blew up.

Did you even watch the fucking movie????

how does that justify to eat all the food away and ruin the ship for all the other passengers?

fucking assholes.

haha great b8 m8. top thread.

*hides your thread*

why do you think 2 people could eat enough food to deprive 5000 their food?.not a math guy huh? and you think they only brought enough food to feed those 5000 for a day or two? they are traveling for a 100 years to a new world, they have extra food asshole

I would rather die on the ship with someone to keep me company than arrive at my destination inches away from death after spending decades alone.

The ship would have exploded you fucking moron, that's the whole point of the film.

Jesus christ you people are stupid.

no it wasnt

clean your eyes retard

no way it would be enough for 2 people to live from for 60 years.

>"Okay so we need to make it so that there's no way he can get back to sleep. So we'll just say the ship is going to make the whole journey without the crew ever waking up just to make sure the computer still has them on the right course. But the ship will also be programmed to make announcements about interesting celestial bodies they pass throughout the journey, even though no one will be awake to hear them. Also let's just say they keep the pool filled for the whole trip. At the end it would be cool if he scarified himself to save her since he woke her up, but it would be really sad if he died, so let's have him make it out alive. But maybe he should sacrifice himself a second time, cause fuck it, so he finds this special setting on the medical pod, but there's only one and there's no way he could make the pod bigger or replicate it in the decades they will live on this ship. Oh fuck, I forgot, a magic black man appears to give them something to do for a half hour then dies for no reason. Sound good everyone?"

>But the ship will also be programmed to make announcements about interesting celestial bodies they pass throughout the journey
they activated it by being woken up.

>Also let's just say they keep the pool filled for the whole trip
the pool only filled when they were woken up

>but it would be really sad if he died, so let's have him make it out alive.
and he just barely survived and happy ends are nice

>so he finds this special setting on the medical pod
why the fuck not?

>but there's only one and there's no way he could make the pod bigger or replicate it
as if some random dude could replicate a computer, if I would drop you on an isolated island, how long until you can send me an email?
nobody knows how shit works.

>Oh fuck, I forgot, a magic black man appears
the captain was woken up after too many errors.

>then dies for no reason
dude had like a million illnesses when he woke up, what else he gonna do?

fucking autist, the movie was a solid 8/10.

Why did they never have the crew wake up throughout the whole journey? Are future navigation systems perfect? If so why did they hit something?

Why did they only have one medical pod for so many people? What if more than one of them needed to be put in a medically induced coma during the time they were awake?

Why was the ship programmed to know what celestial bodies might be interesting to see that would be passed during the part of the journey that everyone was asleep?

Why did they think a single bar would be enough for thousands of boozy rich people?

Why was unlimited booze and pool access part of Chris Pratt's wage-slave flight plan, but not a slightly better breakfast?

How did they plant a fucking tree in the middle of a spaceship? Their roots extend as far as their branches. How did that work when the thing was decades old? Where did the roots go?

because it jus werks (or at least did)

you don't need that pod to bring someone into a coma.

it knows the position of the ship and can calculate what to say

because actual rich people don't drink so much

he broke into the better part of the ship

because they ruined the whole fucking ship.

These are all weak answers. This movie was boring and pointless. It could have been much more interesting. 3/10 will never watch again.

they're not weak answers.

fucking autist

>because it jus werks (or at least did)
ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyye

if you payed attention to the movie you would have realised that it was all explaind.

Why didn't he wake up his choice of hundreds of beautiful women to fuck?

Okie dokie pal! Glad you enjoyed this ground-breaking sci-fi film that will be remembered for years to come!

it isn't ground breaking but it isn't as bad as you make it seem.

Haven't seen it but sounds like it's ripped off from an old EC comics story but nit as good.

>why are the main characters such assholes who kill over 5000 people?

They literally saved their lives.

ok so there's food for 5000 people for 4 months or 120 days.

That's 600,000 units of food, each good for feeding a person for one day.

If they live the max 88 years they only eat 5% of the total food. And plus they were growing food.

what do you mean that's what he did. it was the plot of the movie she was pissed remember?

>5000 people
>one medical bay

Dude why are you complicating things?

They were on a interstellar spaceship with advanced cryo tech.

They probably had a completely 100% recyclable water supply, oxygen supply and food/nutrient/soil cycle. Its even briefly shown in the film.

Jesus Christ this is why I hate it when normies watch mainstream sci-fi. Every little, irrelevant and boring trivial matter has to be explained to the normie viewer, otherwise they "cant get past it".

Passengers was a decent flick and I enjoyed it, but lets not make this a big deal.

>wake up
>find the rotting corpses of jennifer lawrence and chris pratt in the canteen

Delightful

I think that's reasonable logistically. space is important on a ship and so is versatility so they probably have additional space available and the ability to create more and even just treat the whole ship as a hospital if it came to that.

this is literally what happened you dumb fuck sperg

if simple arithmetic is complicating things for you, you must be a complete fucking retard, bro.

>JLaw
>beautiful

>jennifer lawrence
>beautiful

o i am laffin

So youre saying that you dont understand the concept of integrated systems? Seems to me that youre the fucking retard m9.

So I guess he liked Jlaw's character.
If he hadn't, if she sounded like Gilbert Gottfried and had irritable bowel syndrome, do you think he would've just killed her and tried again with the second prettiest girl?

Maybe Jlaw was like the 10th woman he woke up.

The only retard is you. The ship is still operating (thanks to them saving it btw and everyone on board), only difference is there is plant life and some birds. Ship totally decimated guys what will we do!

I'm trying to show him there's simply enough food, without even taking into account the incredible amount of other factors you're talking about integrated systems, being crochety yet I'm the one complicating things?

Keep saying retarded stuff kid, you're just repeating shit you read in a sci fi novel anyway.

cos beauty isnt subjective. you cunts really are retarded.

>im gay

he looked through eveyone's files and god obsessed with hers, it had all her information. you didn't watch the movie stop posting faggot.

>haven't seen
>thinks his post is worth anything more than literal shit to everyone else

I came to the thread to ask this exact question. Also a cameo should never be introduced late in a film, unless it's a comedy.
>Hey, it's Andy Garcia! Wait what just happened?

Nobody on this board actually watches movies. Ain't nobody got time for that shit.

My favorite is when someone posts that they are watching some classic beloved film and they are 15 minutes in and it's boring. Sitting there on their phone playing Candy Crush and blabbing into cyberspace how much they don't like something they aren't even watching. The internet has made us dumber.

To get paid. There are tons of actors that actively look for roles just like this, to work for one day and get a sweet paycheck out of it.

There was a food supply for thousands of passengers, how can two passengers eat through all of that?

>it's a "hi I just watched cinema sins" thread

Get some taste, loser

It's been seen on Sports Entourge: Starring The Rock

my creepy ending was she goes to sleep in the pod and is woken up like 25 years later by some new dude.

I watched this movie on my tablet while I was still in AIT high on 2 200ug tabs of LSD, not knowing anything about this movie going into it.

It was an experience to say the least