GOTG appreciation thread

Wow. Just went to go see this high and it was actually fucking amazing. I thought my favorite movie series was the captain America but it honestly might be guardians of the galaxy now. Amazing emotional plot full of well placed comedic relief. Not to mention the mind blowing CGI. 9.5/10

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/gallery/E8gfNu0
lmgtfy.com/?q=guardians of the galaxy vol 2 soundtrack
youtube.com/watch?v=x-yjQ7zJTjo&index=11&list=RDG1Bn3R4gqEQ
youtube.com/watch?v=yERildSsWxM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I agree and I am not OP again.
Jokes were well timed and moderate. All characters got developed and got the necessary screentime. The universe as a whole was expanded to "marvel" ( :) ) the audience.

Can this also be a Rocket appreciation thread? I'm surprised they made him even hotter in the sequel. unf!

The only reason why critics gave Guardians bad reviews was because they're just getting sick of Marvel Movies. The rest is just nitpicking.

Was it supposed to be cliche and predictable?

Yes. The narrative feels more like a comic book than a movie.

>actual reddit the movie

Did anybody else feel as if they kinda flanderized some of the characters in this one? Drax in particular feels noticeably more over-the-top this time around.

No. Because in the previous movie none of the characters that were important beyond Starlord had any defined personality, if at all.

I have no idea why people think the first movie was better when the characters and their interactions were so fucking awkward.

GOTG uses basic character archetypes, not the same as not having any personality

Yes it does. Basic character archetypes that aren't fleshed out are boring. Drax and Gamora barely had any defining characteristics that personalizes them as people, and Rocket and Groot weren't fleshed out. The only main character that was an actual person was Starlord. GotG 2 fleshes out characters that didn't have character in the previous movie. There's no flanderization because there was barely anything to flanderize.

Real federalization would be the Guardians comics inspired by the movies, completely misunderstanding the way in which the movies are inspired by the comics, adopting the most well-known superficial characteristics without trying to find out what they're supposed to represent.

I want to kiss him and wipe his tears away

>DUDE WEED LMAO
NOT KIDDING I CLAPPED AND DANCED WITH MY WIFE WHEN THE OPENING CREDITS ROLLED XDD AND THAN I PASSED HER AROUND AND EVERYONE HAD A GREAT TIME

Haha le "trash panda" meme ; D

I unironically like all of James Gunn's movies, and I don't even have a reddit account. The only one I haven't seen is Super

Did the Sovereign make a second Adam Warlock or was the Thor 2 post credit scene non-canon?

I expected mediocrity at best and was pleasantly surprised. The plot was a bit thin, but it was thoroughly enjoyable.

gunn said it was a mistake in thor 2

This is why DC conquers all. This is why Wonder Women will re-open the mighty wrath that is DC and finally who all you Marvel fanboys that it is NOT as bad as you say it is, but you are in fact unintellectual and cannot perceive what is happening on the screen. Still think BvS was bad? How blind are you? These were comics first, with even dumber plotlines, yet you knock LIVE ACTION TELLINGS of Superman Vs. Batman? Get fucking real. I can't wait for DC to come back and kick you Marvel cucks right in the fucking uterus.

OP, completely agree. LOVED IT! Really felt that Gunn achieved that Fifth Element vibe that he missed with the first one which felt forced with a shitty villain.

FUCKING GORGEOUS cinematography, funny, heartfelt, yeah, I really enjoyed it and will be buying it on Bluray.

My only regret is that Gunn isn't doing Infinity War because the Russo's and their washed out shaky cam bullshit can get fucked!!!FACT!!!

Mantis a cute

A CUTE

the writing felt very Anime

>"trust me that trust in you"

jesus christ

What happened at the end of Thor 2? I don't remember. I don't particularly like the Thor movies to own or watch them again. But the trailer for Thor 3 looked good.

>on the inside.

Loki is the new king of Asgard and Odin is death

James Gunn confirmed that it wasn't his cocoon in Thor 2

So is she, like, part of the team now?

I hope so

What were the ending after credit things?
I had to take a shit and didn't stick around for them, but I heard there were like 4 or them or something

Pacing felt off and the humor wouldn't fucking stop but it wasn't a bad movie. Just not top shelf capeshit like the first one.

1. that dude stabs drax with the arrow
2. Sylvester Stallone teams up with a bunch of characters no one cares about
3. stick my dicky plots revenge
4. teenage groot
5. Stan Lee and the watchers

Stallones character felt really weird and out of place.
Who was he again? The leader of all the Ravagers or something?

That was supposed to be a Gurren Lagaan reference

Stallone and the characters he was with in the end were the original guardians of the galaxy

The guy who inherited the blue guy dart trying to control it and stabbing Drax
Stallone and his gang getting back in action
Golden guys creating Adam
Teenager Groot playing videogames
Continuation of the Stan Lee cameo

imgur.com/gallery/E8gfNu0

Starhawk

Jesus Christ, my ...awesome stroke, fuck, I'll never laugh again, I burst my laughing machine.
This raccoon should be the president, I would literally follow him through the gates of hell, as long as he rolls.
Every meeting of world leaders, you just let this raccoon roll and every delegate of any country can come
to just one conclusion: This raccoon knows what's he doing, we need to follow.

Fuck, I'm happy now.

Just got home from it. Liked it. Laughed quite a bit, especially at Drax. But the plot felt too neat, like a video game: here's a problem, and here's a solution. Next problem, another solution. Quite a few jokes fell flat in my theater. Not complaining much, but I loved the first one so much, it was a step down for me. 7/10 still decent entertainment.

Oh, but I just went to the chick who played Mantis' IMDb page and what the shit, IMDb? Nice bit of trivia to showcase about the girl...

hahaha, oh wow

Holy fuck Richard Christy was in it as "Down There!" Who the hell was he?

>Redditors of the Galaxy

>Asian actress playing autistic insectoid alien
It's like poetry, it rhymes.

What is this hairstyle called?

yeah that's exactly what a guy who directs comic book movies would look like

Absolutely, but somehow Drax remained the funniest if you ask me, Rocket/baby Groot/Quill were insufferable a lot of the time

Isn't she French Canadian?

>Trivia (6)
Her father was Russian and French; her mother was Korean.
Her mother named her "Pom" because it sounds similar to the Korean words for "spring" and "tiger".
Her family lived in Canada, Japan, and the Ivory Coast before finally settling in France.
Her father died when she was five years old.
Her brother committed suicide on her 25th birthday.
She was raised by her paternal uncle and aunt. Her uncle died on her 18th birthday.

Someone please tell me that this entire thread is satire.

Sounds like you didn't watch the first one

>Her brother committed suicide on her 25th birthday.

every time

>Her father died when she was five years old.
>Her brother committed suicide on her 25th birthday.
>She was raised by her paternal uncle and aunt. Her uncle died on her 18th birthday.

goddamn mantis, she had a hard life

Honestly, I thought the movie was pretty mediocre throughout. The girl I went to see it with thought the same.

There were many lines that felt either squandered or just poorly written/out of place. Also many scenes dragged on for like 3-4 minuets longer than they needed to, like the punchline would be evident within the first minute or two of conversation then they would just beat the joke to death for 5 more minutes.

Soundtrack was good, I actually really liked Michael Rooker this time around and thought he did a great job finishing up Yondu's story, and I enjoyed Kurt Russell even if he was given some shitty lines to work with.

Is it one guy who starts these threads with "wow"
Or is it a new meme ?

What was the song they played while Yondu and Rocket massacre the Ravagers?

lmgtfy.com/?q=guardians of the galaxy vol 2 soundtrack

>it's Russian-Japanese
Literally Master Race.

Come A Little Bit Closer - Jay & The Americans

youtube.com/watch?v=x-yjQ7zJTjo&index=11&list=RDG1Bn3R4gqEQ

Honestly that was the best scene in the entire movie, and that is kind of sad.

>The girl I went to see it with
GET OUT NORMIE REEEEEEEE

>The girl I went to see it with

Furious Fernandez gave this a 10/10.

Drax has a new family and he's really happy about it.

Yeah, she'll be in Infinity War.

Why was I under the impression that Sharon Stone was going to be in this?

This is reddit, this is memes
>This is reddit, this is memes

Sup Forums became so contrarian that for this short cosmic alignment people here can actually enjoy a fun movie. Don't ruin this for them user.

I didn't really mind Drax being super happy all the time because of the context of the narrative.

In the first movie he was on an incredibly personal quest, to say nothing of being alone and not liking or trusting the rest of the gang for most of the film.
In Vol. 2 he's just hanging out with his family and having a good time for 90% of it, and his mood kind of reflects that. It will be a problem if when they're confronting/going after Thanos he doesn't go back to being a murder hobo at least a little.

10/10

Just saw it. Best Marvel movie ever, nay, just one of the best movies ever. You don't even have to like cape movies to love it.

IM MERRY POPPINS YALL

>Baby Groot and his antics
>Mantis
>Drax
>The Gold People
>Yondu I'M MARY POPPINS Y'ALL!
>Seeing Kurt Russell getting work in current Hollywood
>Soundtrack
> Zune joke

Everything else sucked.

>Yondu killed more people in one scene than the rest marvel heroes combined

Wasn't Nathan Fillion supposed to be in the movie as Simon Williams? I kept waiting for him to show up.

Indeed. Easily better than Winter Soldier.

No, he was supposed to have some background posters in the Earth scene.

People just assumed he was going to show up even though it makes no sense for Earth characters to show up in any meaningful way in a Guardians movie.

I think people are just bored of them being reasonably good (you know, at least technically and structurally) so consistently that the bar has been raised.

People prefer to root for the underdog, and Marvel/Disney hasn't been the underdog for 4 or 5 years.

>Story was good with handling so many characters. Each one had something to do
>Mantis is cute
>More on the side villains from the first
>The Starlord/Ego/Yondu arc was great
>The Gold race was pretty good
>Just great seeing the Guardians again in general
>David Hasselhoff

Bad
>The subversive humor can get really annoying. It ruins a lot of scenes. Think some of it should have been cut.
>Sly for only a few scenes.

Overall I enjoyed it. Didn't found it to be a complete disappointment. 4/5

I really really really enjoyed the intro credits scene. I was expecting a retread of the first one, except with everyone dancing except Drax stubbornly refusing to. I thought it was a very creative way to bring people back into the kind of fun the 1st volume was.

I thought I was going to hate Groot, but he was pretty solidly cute as opposed to annoying.

>>The Starlord/Ego/Yondu arc was great
Agreed. It wasn't something I expecting, so it's build up and payoff were fantastic.

Fucking this

First time I cried at capeshit

youtube.com/watch?v=yERildSsWxM

Is this, dare I say it, Marvel's first capekino?

I also like literalist humour

It's like pottery, it molds itself.

I'm just imagining you waking up and saying to yourself in the mirror "Hey, you know what would be a real badass name?

TASERFACE!

>pleb gamer gives a comic movie a 10

What else is new?

I loved this entire scene.

Now THIS is Shitposting

Haven't seen the movie yet but let me guess, once Starlord finds his father his father turns out to be a douche so he makes amends with his father figure Yondu

congratu-fucking-lations, you don't like something just because it's popular

Sort of. But the Yondu Starlord thing works.

Disney shills please leave

>Movie just hit America
>shills

No all you yuropoors for the last two weeks are the fucking shills.

Agreed, agreed, agreed.

He was such an asshole in this movie, and it made me love him even more.

>tfw every single one response in this thread is bait

What a piece of shit that movie was. Boring and not funny. It was physically tiring to watch it. Ain't worth a dime if you ask me

Why is that sad? It was a well shot scene.

How's that brain tumor working out for ya?

I never thought they could do it but Awesome Mix vol. 2 is even better than 1.

>people enjoying a movie is bait now

Too many of the jokes were either unfunny or beaten to death.

The 70s-80s pop culture references that only the audience and Quill are in on are tiring as fuck by now. They need to move on from that.