So where did the Event Horizon travel? Did it literally go through hell?

So where did the Event Horizon travel? Did it literally go through hell?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Vpmiq8sTH0k
twitter.com/AnonBabble

through the warp and into slaaneshs butthole

Yes. Also

So is this an accurate depiction of what a crew would go through without the gellar fields up or is that just a meme

there is literally no source of hell ever being this autistic

That corpse looks like it has googly eyes.

Going through the Warp in 40k with fields would be risky. Dozens of loyal men and women on the Imperium are taken in the blink of an eye. No one knows where. No one knows why.

How is this at all autistic?

40K lore is so comfy. I'd love a legit adaptation of a crew going through the warp, or one of the first psykers being mentally tortured by a daemon and not knowing what was going on.

because his version of hell is full of buzzwords

well, at least they didn't encounter any Enslavers or Psychneuein on their trip

since we're not on your favorite website - reddit, i can use autistic freely without being banned by the SJW mods

but what I meant is that there's no reason for calling those scenes in Event Horizon "Hell" because there are no mentions of it being full of blood orgies and gore.

t. redditor

This looks like some lame Clive Barker wannabe bullshit

Yes.

Deleted scenes actually covered that too. And we'll never see them because they accidentally got destroyed.

A psyker horror movie set in modern times would be Kino.

it went to the universe where hillary became president.

>Event Horizon
>In the Mouth of Madness
What is up with Sam Neill and these sort of lovecraftian horror type movies?

Is this the most realistic depiction of Hell in film?

Can someone explain how the whole Psyker-Daemon relationship works?

To be fair I think the only biblical reference to hell is simply "constant fire", but I think endless torture is a better representation.

dont forget possesion

>jesus said "shits hot yo"
>dante said "lel im gunna write fanfiction about people i hate, and put them in hell"
>dante is what people think of as hell
checkmate italians

nah dude Spawn

>Would rather see a lake of fire over Kino torture

Psykers draw on the warp to use their powers. Daemons live in the warp and eat dead souls, because when you die your soul goes into the warp. Since psykers maintain an active link, Daemons can see them while they're alive. They can't just eat them while they're living outside the warp, but they can sort of dive into them via the link and possess them instead.

The immaterium is basically the psychic energy of the entire population of sentient beings in the galaxy. When enough fuckery goes on a demon or demon god is created that inhabits the immaterium.

Psykers draw power from the immaterium and are at risk of being possessed or driven insane pretty much any time they draw power from it. Chaos psykers either directly work for the demons or are powerful enough to use them (all while serving the demon gods).

Ships that "warp" have to travel through the immaterium with the gellar fields that produce a bubble of reality to prevent the ship and crew from being raped by all the demons.

Psykers are basically a bright tasty light to the fuckdeathmurdermoths that are daemons.

I love reading the 40k wiki but I can't imagine actually getting into the series. It's just too much effort for a scenario that is ultimately one really long joke.

FUCKING GOD EMPEROR HBO SERIES WHEN!?

Did the GEOM everhave this issue? Or is he more than just a really powerful psyker?

The Guant's Ghosts series is pretty light reading and it's a lot of action. You don't have to memorize who each Primarch is, it's just basically just a bunch of lumberjacks who get their planet blown up then have to eternally fight in various conflicts.

>It's just too much effort for a scenario that is ultimately one really long joke.
thats not even the hell of playing (and paying far more than you should) only for your faction to be deemed a bitch faction, and being ignored for updates/just used to make others seem good

so they could fill it with faggotry? why bother

>And we'll never see them because they accidentally got destroyed.

I thought I read something about some more of them being found and getting cleaned up. But that seems like a bit ago now...

He's the culmination of all the human psykers on earth in ancient times deciding to kill themselves at the same time to fuse their psychic powers together into one supreme being to lead mankind.

Nope. He was functionally an anti-daemon. Daemon's refer to him as "the anathema" and just being near him causes smaller daemons to just evaporate. Bigger ones just get pain and blindness.

He's basically the D&D concept of positive energy bound into a dude.

Hell, who would even fit as the Emprah?

It'd have to be an original story though. Like what would he be doing in 2017?

He's so powerful that he powers the golden throne even though he's a fucking vegetable.

When he wasn't braindead he knew all about the chaos gods but neglected to tell his space marine chapters.

>In the 41st Millennium He is the God Emperor of Mankind, the sole light for humanity in a sea of grim darkness
>but that is then
>now, in the present time of 2017, he is simply known as George, part time investigator
>he uses his vast psyker powers to solve crimes and shit

Constantine.

He was Jesus, Muhammad, Buddah, etc right? It'd be cool to see him as this cultish leader in like a third world country that clashes with the government

>magnus fucking finally returns and fights fucking robutt girlyman
>is twice the size of robutt
>2nd strongest psyker behind the big e
>basically does fucking nothing despite having 10k years of prep time and chaos magic on his side

disappointing as shit. should have thrown kharn or someone his way instead

>realistic
>hell

Nice trips, but who is this directed towards?

god

protip there is no hell

>yfw Captain Fishbourne was a psyker

Wouldn't Sam Neil have been the Psyker?

No, when he's in the vent fixing all the computer shit he dies. Every time after like a third of the way through the movie that he appears it's a hallucination or illusion created by whatever was on the ship.

Dunno, read somewhere that only Fishbourne character had enough power to resist demon, which theoretically means he has at least some of the psyker's abilities.

I have no clue what any of you faggots are talking about. But it's interesting.

>Tfw 40K can never realease an official story about the first trip through the warp because it'll be called an Event Horizon ripoff

We're talking about Warhammer 40K and its "connection" to Event Horizon.

lurk more newfag

cringe

So badass.

sounds pretty retarded 2bh

No worries m8, Leman is pissed about what he did to the space yiffs and is coming back to put him in his place

E.D.G.E.L.O.R.D

It would be more likely that he is a blank

This is fanfic.

Hell is the knowledge of being denied the joy of God's love and, more importantly, eternally grieving and longing for it, whether you want to or not.

To be fair if I was being tortured constantly I'd feel like God didn't love me, so it works.

>we're too stupid to understand that 40k is intentionally over-the-top

Which has nothing to do with that image because it's both shit and completely wrong.

>it's retarded on purpose

i'm not worried about that. i just thought it was such a disappointing battle. you have psykers like hyperion, mephiston, tigurius who've done some crazy shit and then there's magnus who's supposedly 2nd strongest in history and he did fuck all against roboute. he could at least have significant like wipe out all the humans on the moon or sent out a storm that destroyed all those ships that came as backup or something other than just job

super disappointing

We live in a Lovecraftian horror movie!

>thinking anything is going to challenge the suemmarines primarch

To be fair, The God Emperor would probably be like a CEO or politician right now, and that would make for good TV

this isn't how it fucking works at all. Whoever wrote that is retarded.

>suemarines primarch got saved by an ayyy
guiledude was losing that fight p. hard. thank god for tall slim sexy space elves right

>It would be more likely that he is a blank
Dude, that's racist.

This is just inaccurate and an edgelords description. Whoever wrote this was trying to make it out to be something its not.

I know this may be a bit much to ask, but I'm interested in this. What exactly is wrong in the picture?

but user. he is from anatolia. how would all the nazis deal with the supreme leader of mankind being brown

Pretty much everything.

He was born before turkroaches infested the area

The description of the warp is pretty accurate everything else is false

Honestly I'm really enjoying Lucifer, so I'd be down with another show about an all-powerful being solving crimes and shit.

So the warp is basically like a lovecraftian dimension filled with telepathic demons and other beings like that?

What movie is this

It's just over exaggerations in the name of being edgy and "grimdark". The vast majority of the ships aren't that old, there aren't really that many slaves, the warp travel really isn't that unreliable, etc. In reality, it'd be like taking an old sail boat from the age of the sail from London to Mumbai. Dangerous at times and with definite chances of attack, death, and the travel time is a guesstimate.

Obviously played for comedic effect but it gets under my skin that people take it as canon.

Event Horizon

Yes. It's where the demons and monsters reside.

>It's just over exaggerations
Well even when not over exaggerated is seems really brutal.

It is a dimension created by the emotions of mortals. Because of the CONSTANT WAR its a pretty shitty place. Demons from the four Chaos Gods live here. If the Gellar field fails the people inside DO get fucked, but this isn't all that common. Like an ocean the warp has currents that a Navigator can ride their ship on to get to their destination. The currents of the warp can send a ship every which ways even through time. Warp storms can cut off planets for years

I love 40k and this is completely unnecessary cringetism.

>Omggg warhammur is so cool you guys check this out

I used to freeze frame this movie on the hell scenes to look at all the disgusting maggot shit

wh40k is literally where the term "grimdark" orginated, it used to take itself less seriously though

It's a dimension given form by the cumulative emotions of all sentient beings in the galaxy or universe. The daemons within are a manifestation of aspects of emotion. The 4 biggest being the blood god, lord of murder and hate, the lord of change and cunning, the prince of pleasure and the father of disease and entropy. they do bad things to people and then eat our souls when they're done.

The time dilation happens but not always to that extent. Sometimes they arrive earlier than the date they set off from, sometimes they arrive 100 years later, but most of the time its pretty close. It's not that unreliable, also losses of 80% aren't typical. There are slave gangs that load munitions though, on the bigger ships they're usually a breed of subhumans that are exceptionally large and strong but its not always that grimdark. It's just played up too much to to appear more edgy.

>tfw the lore of 40k is actually quite a good read, but plebs latch onto the grimdark elements and think that's all there is

To be fair, I'm not big into 40K, but GEOM, Chaos (all aspects), and Psykers interest the hell out of me. Is that grimdark?

if you like psykers your cool in my book

youtube.com/watch?v=Vpmiq8sTH0k

could that be done again?