So called television and film board

>So called television and film board
>The current year
>No threads about the new trailer for the biggest Kino of the decade

youtube.com/watch?v=ylVcgtLXdvY

such an epic trailer for a trailer

What do you think the scene in the "concert room with the Levi's guy" is about?

Elvis*

The original movie rightfully bombed because it was shit and I say that as a he PKD fan. The script was a mess and the only thing worth mentioning are the visuals and Batty's dying speech.

The ONLY reason BR is getting a sequel is because the studios are run by marketing departments and BR has a 35 year following. It's the exact same situation as Tron Legcy.

Jeff Bridges/Harrison Ford makes a comeback in a huge box office hit (Iron Man, Star Wars TFA) and the studios desperately try to milk that by greenlighting a sequel to a decades old movie that tanked decades earlier but has evolved into a cult film.

I think BR 2049 will be another Ghost in the Shell. It'll look nice but will be sunk by its lead actor Gosling/Scar-jo!!!FACT!!!

>I care whether or not a film bombed
>I care what other people think of the film
>I don't have opinions of my own

The original Blade Runner was Kino and BR 2049 will be Kino.

By the looks of the trailer they're going to be following up well

Is it just me or is this a lot less...crowded, than the original?

I can't tell if that's Villeneuve's style or if it has story significance, but look at any of the city shots in the original and compare them to here.

In the original the atmosphere was fucking choked, so many people with glowing umbrellas and so much extraneous shit that gave flavor to the universe and sold the idea of a world overrun by rampant capitalism. Everything in 2049 is more stark, empty, barren. World stripped to straight lines and metal panels. I dig that they're going a different way, but it really activates the old mind almonds.

based Venezuela bringing us quality reddit-kino. I like jared leto, I'll just watch his scenes on youtube when they get released like I did with suicide squad.

I don't see how fans could be too worried.

The original had terrible replicant fights, and the movie essentially devolved into a 'creepy killer' sequence at the tail end of the movie.

Such a sci fi setting deserves a better ending set piece than the one we got.

It's going to be good, and will cement Gosling as God King of Kino.

It's deliberate. If you read the film description given out by the creators, it says something along the lines of "what's left of humanity". I think they're going along with the whole "humanity has been wiped out", whether due to technology, nuclear warheads or some environmental shit I don't know. But it's meant to look bleak on purpose.

Yo how tf is Atari still around in 2049

I didn't even know they were around in 2017

>looool neon lights cause cyberpunk right
Embarrassing

The congested feeling of the original was largely incidental. The film was densely packed since it was filmed in a tiny studio backlot so they needed to cover up its artificiality by making it seem very busy visually. With a larger budget and the advent of CGI this is no longer necessary, we can now show city streets with greater veracity. This isn't necessarily a good thing however

>Neon lights aren't part of the Cyberpunk aesthetic

????????

They aren't part of the blade runner cyberpunk aesthetic no, harsh bright strobe lights are what BR used

Sweet. I heard something about Replicants being predominant around now, maybe that's what happened.

I heard that Villeneuve tried to do a lot of this practically, so that's reassuring.

>lool picking out a staple of the genre that represents overcommercialization and excess cause it's also an interesting visual choice right
Embarrassing

>watching trailers

DO i have to wacth the original to understand this? is this meant to be standalone or direct sequel?

>salty pleb

you can't spoil a good movie

It's not an interesting visual choice and just represents """uuuh i like bright colours lol"'" as I said in my post a little further up, bright ass white strobe lights match the BR style much more of an industrialised post modern world you twat

Even if they don't spoil the plot details they still tend to include a lot of visuals that would be better off seen at the cinema for the first time.

Seems like a direct sequel. You should watch the first film regarless, it's a good movie

Studios have been doing this for over 5 years. When are you going to stop with the "DAE hate trailers for trailers XD" shit?

Bladerunner had it's fair share of neon, but it was never as overpowering as anything in this recent trailer

But you can see that's a set choice and not a choice just because it looks cool, it serves the purpose of grounding the exact time period this dystopian future is based off of.

>The original Blade Runner was boring as fuck
FTFY

MEMBER BLADE RUNNER!
Wake me up when jewwood gets innovative again.

You're actually probably right now that I think about it.

I always hold up BR as one of the great examples of cyberpunk but I keep thinking of Akira exemplifying the whole neon gimmick. All the establishing shots of the city in the opener give off what I'm trying to throw down here.

>Blaming Akira

Akira actually had a fairly naturalistic look, it wasn't bathed in garish unnatural neon. I don't know where the excessive use of neon comes from, but it's certainly not Akira.

Literally every part of the movie showing the city was covered in neon lights. Kill yourself you edgy contrarian

Akira doesn't really do it either user

Compare that to the OP and you'll get what I mean faglord. Also I don't remember Tyrrell's pyramid being covered in lel so epic lights or deckards apartments or anywhere around the toy makers house or anywhere but like 1 or 2 streets filled with chink shops and nightclubs

I'm not blaming anyone, I'm just saying it proved what I was trying to say with the overcommercialization thing.

The excess use of neon shit I trace back to shit like Far Cry Blood Dragon. Much as I love neon shit (even beyond the reasons I keep saying) it got out of hand when 80's revivalism started getting popular.

was expecting more cyberpunk especially from the thumbnail

I like Gosling why would he tank the the movie?

>BRRRRM
>actions
>BRMRMMM
>shooting
>BRRMMM
>explosions

Yes truly this will be a worthy sequel

The pink/blue neon contrast is definitely a prominent trend in cinema at the moment. It's almost become short hand for making a scene seem 'artsy'. Even the film Moonlight used it a lot and that shit at even sci-fi.

but thats how every action traile-

oh, i get it

They're in literally every set except Tyrells building and the abandoned warehouse.
There's some in deckards car, in his apartment window (from outside) and even a big neon TDK sign behind Roy as he makes his death monologue.

It's literally infested with neon lights. If you don't believe me go back and watch the movie.

>original writer of Blade Runner
>Goose
>Harrison Ford is back
>Villeneuve
>produced by Scott

Even if the studio wanted to fuck this up, it would be really hard.

You see it a lot in modern music videos also.

Also Roger Deakins is the cinematographer and Johann Johannsson on the score (Sicario, Prisoners, Arrival)

Yeah but when you call something kino people automatically think it's shit.

Get it together kinotard.

>doesn't require a sequel

It's a 15 second sneak peek for the actual trailer you absolute autist, and trailers/tv spot/sneak peeks are edited by entirely separate marketing companies, Villeneuve probably had almost zero input on it.

fuck yeah, giant ana de armas. kino confirmed

looks good, that's just a teaser for the actual trailer though

Low budget Lexi Belle.

I haven't watched a music video since 2001 save for that Suicide Squad one since I heard it had Joker in it. MTV is dead.

Never, otherwise it becomes the norm and they win.

I like Sci-Fi and I like film noir, but I find Blade Runner to be extremely overrated. The movie looks fantastic. The setting is great. The acting isn't bad. The plot, however, is...meh. The premise is good, but the actual story isn't. It's still a good movie, but it isn't half as good as some people would claim.

I will definitely still see 2049 in theaters because of Denis Villeneuve and The Goose. Deckard seems like an unnecessary addition, but then again, the movie is unnecessary in itself.

inb4 Sup Forums I have the sudden urge to play Tex Murphy adventures

If you found the ideas present in Bladerunner interesting but presented weakly then I highly recommend reading Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? It's very different from the film but has greater thematic depth. It's honestly superior to the film

I hope it's like the point and click video game.

>ywn save Lucy from Clovis and Saddiq

It's almost like books are a superior medium.

Film is unironically the highest form of art.
It actually contains all the other art forms in all the filmmaking elements, from fashion, architecture, design to music, photography, the writing and performances.

With film, you can express your idea in just one single frame through framing and composition, the performance, production design, sound
etc, while in books you have to use multiple sentences just to set up the scene and for the viewer to grasp what's happening. Reading linear words is not efficient and it relies too much on the readers imagination, film is just much more efficient.

Now that doesn't mean everyone uses the medium to it's maximum potential, but it has a far greater potential than any other art form.

>

Ghost in the Shell already came out. you don't need the mega bux for kino.

>comparing Jew in the shell to Blade Runner

>Blade Runner
deuce

BR is good

so a trailer for BR2 comes out and everyone has to think of part one.

I hate this board.

BR2? This is BR 2049

I really like Dennis Vielleneuve

but Arrival was his worst film yet, and that has me worried.

Watch Polytechnique and Maelstrom and try to make that claim again.