What would you say the chances of a military coup d'état happening in your country are?

What would you say the chances of a military coup d'état happening in your country are?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_Revolution_of_1918–19
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Very low. Liberals huff and puff, but the military, police, and armed citizens generally like Trump.

None. Nobody takes those jokers in government seriously enough to coup them.

Impossible

What do average Turks think of the recent coup attempt?

5%
People don't care enough to do anything.

0% basically

gülenists did it, which is also the truth

Why?

Frenchies love being ruled by autists who think they're Gods

Medium, 50%+

The despot in charge is China's lackey and has walked down the path to dictatorship

What do average Filipinos think of Duerte?

American colony again?

13.7%

It's difficult to gauge his popularity since he has online shills spreading fake news

0%, if we didn't get one in the '70s, it sure ain't happening now

What do you think of him?

At an all time high, according to commie idiots.
In reality, they inflitrated the Armed Forces too, so there is nary a chance that they reenact 1964.

Didn't the one in the 70s get stopped because of a race?

the military backs Trump, but the CIA hates him so 50/50

What about if that far-right wing one wins?

Can't remember name. But he sounds like a Duerte type.

>CIA having influence
Lad.. It's about time you stop watching Cold War spy movies.

>but the CIA hates him so 50/50
That's because the CIA is filled with Clinton butt-buddies.

zero
Our military is basically daycare for retards and LARPing enthusiasts

No, it got stopped because the guy that had to call in the state forestry corp to seize the parliament found the phone booth occupied and everyone got arrested before he could make the call. Even our golpes are a farce

Only way I see it is Macron unironically declaring himself Emperor so I'd say the chances are 2%.

Good because back when you had a real military, you weren't able to use it responsibly and had to have the keys taken away.

He's an embarrassment desu

His ministers and cabinet appointees are far worse

Didn't he piss off the army by firing some important general?

Germany never had a successful coup either

Would they actually coup him if he did that?

Bolsonaro? Not even far-right, that's fake news. But yeah, he's an army vet and may or may not be planning to put some generals in trust positions in an eventual goverment.

Anyways, our army has only one function and it is to "peacify" our favelas whenever our dear drug lords decide to chimp out a wee bit longer than usual. They sure as hell don't plan on throwing away any democratically-elected politician for whatever reason there may be.

There is a vocal minority in the rising right wing sector that is requesting "military intervention" due to the absolute shit state of our politics in general, but they're easily dismissable.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_Revolution_of_1918–19

The closest we got was when Mussolini seized power, but it was actually the king giving it to him willingly since the army would have slaughtered his circus parade if they actually got to Rome

The brazilian army is structurally incapable of performing a coup

It‘s not that we aren‘t allowed to have a good military anymore

It‘s just that military jobs are seen as low prestige, have shit pay and are generally pretty demanding (plus you may get shot) and society deems every cent for the DOD wasted money

so yeah

Yeah the big chief of all armies but it was some months ago, I'm not hearing anything about it now.

What the fuck is the point of having chief of armies when not at war?

0%

Literally none of them destroyed/tried to destroy Europe.

Never been a concern because the president can only serve two terms, and back before the two term limit was imposed, presidents until FDR customarily never served more than two. So even if you think the president is a complete yogurt-head, you'll be rid of him in a few short years.

that’s not a real coup, that‘s more like a normal revolution caused by mutiny

Andrew Johnson had a sort of soft coup

What do you mean, France always has several operation running in Africa, Asia and South America.

i would say 0, but if the gov starts to investigate the crimes during past dictatorship it could be a lot more

I dunno but it would be hard to tell. I guess the army would need to be given some more privileges if he doesn't want them to coup him.

USA has to be in a real war to have a chief.

We've only actually even had two lol
John Pershing (WW1) and George Washington (WW2)
They wanted to make MacArthur one, but then Op. Downfall got cancelled.

I mean Revolutionary war not WW2..

I wish George was alive..

>military coup d'état
>military