/cric/ - can we talk about the fucking cricket?

England 58 & 320 (126.1 ov) v New Zealand 427/8d
New Zealand won by an innings and 49 runs
AUS Women 186/5 v IND Women 150/5 (20 ov, target 187)
AUS Women won by 36 runs

Attached: file.png (396x594, 341K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cricket.com.au/news/feature/history-of-ball-tampering-cricket-cameron-bancroft-afridi-tendulkar-du-plessis-philander-atherton/2018-03-26
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Women's cricket

Fuck off OP

*cheats*

Attached: unnamed.jpg (443x332, 48K)

*be’s posting in ebin bread*

Steve Smith

>"We play five days games"
>Will Smith laughs hysterically

*BLOCKS SUBHUMAN COLOURED FROM ENTERING AUSTRALIA*

Attached: file.png (620x347, 216K)

OH NONONONO

*gives you a concussion*

Attached: 9314159[1].jpg (360x433, 18K)

They should have got Candice in as a consultant. She's experienced in cheating and tampering with a wide variety of balls

>went out for a smoke
>almost froze my ass
>check the weather: 4ºC
reee, why do aussies get +20ºC, we are at the same distance from the equator

Love gombuder.

Attached: 11214_10152059653003126_1613500038_n.png (720x720, 787K)

>When you gas thousands of jews

can I get a visa m8

Attached: Fleming.png (430x386, 181K)

You should be listening to the ACC

Sangha IN, Smith OUT

Attached: Sangha.png (722x806, 720K)

>England's form in their last 12 away Tests
>LDLLLLLLLDLL.

I'm sure this has been said many times but I can see no way how the Aussie public would be willing to have Smith representing their country unless he does significant enough time for the 'crime' he's committed. And the Aussie public are intensely passionate about the game and understandably angered that I'm not even sure if that would suffice.

Now this will probably become a HOT TAKE and as a neutral on the matter, I'll mention it anyways. Mohammad Amir served a lengthy ban of many years and to this day, has plenty of critics who believe that he never should have been allowed back into the game. Now I'm not saying matchfixing and ball-tampering are on equal playing field but to my understanding, the Amir/Asif/Butt matchfixing saga, while a terrible stain on the game, seemed to be an isolated event (please correct me if I'm wrong) whereas the Bancroft/Smith/leadership group saga seems to be a systematic means of cheating, which means that this cheating may have gone on for some time which really unfortunately arouses suspicions of previous results under current leadership. The point is, as a nobody whose opinion weighs nothing, I think Smith has to serve an appropriate yet harsh enough ban before being considered to be eligible to play. Only then could the Aussie public, doubtful as it appears to be, possibly begin to forgive Smith.

I, like most, think Bancroft's punishment should not be as harsh as those of the other senior culprits (unless the CA investigation has something else to offer that contradicts current understanding) and that he doesn't deserve to have his career ruined from what appears to be a very toxic environment (from what we know so far). He's kinda like the Amir in this case where it appears that as the "youngster" he was coerced into participating in a disgrace to the game with a career on the line.

Hopefully mention of the 2010 incident isn't too controversial here. I don't mean to stir up anything about that but merely draw some parallels I found interesting between the two cases. Since this scandal broke out, I've been visiting this sub and checking the news at every opportunity and I've yet to really comment on it. It's as if this entire affair is a Hollywood drama about a hero and his downfall from hero to zero like Michael Corleone from the first Godfather to the end of Part II.

Who /sandpaper/ here?

CA must make sure the whole 'leadership group' pay for their mistake. A 6 month ban (at least) would be good.

Attached: Screenshot_20180326-230837__01.jpg (1080x1340, 266K)

For me, it's Usman Khawaja as the undisputed choice to become the next captain.

Yeah, a captain that can't score any runs, great idea.

For me, it's Sangha.

F

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-26 at 21.20.27.png (1840x1340, 2.67M)

tell me why is it okay to tamper with the ball to shine it but illegal to rough it up

explain the difference please, both give an advantage to bowlers no?

For me, it's Joe Burns

Attached: smith tranformation.jpg (670x384, 48K)

shining is legal
sandpaper is not

pretty simple tbqh

and to think i was gonna let steve fuck my wife baka

the amount of reverse swing depends on the rough side more than the shiny side

the natural wear of the ball only produces reverse swing late into the life of the ball

if tampering was legal you could just rip up one side of the ball straight away to get both reverse and conventional swing just by varying the speed of the delivery

>Conspire to tamper with the ball to get it reversing faster
>Lose the game by the biggest margin of the series

What the fuck did Smoth mean by this?

Should try cheating

hey just popping in to say that this sport is stupid as fuck and that cheating criminals should be hanged

Why does the cop let me go with a warning when I got 105 in a 100 zone, but impounds my car if I do 150?

Attached: 1520910626485.png (800x690, 602K)

Big fan

Kill yourself they didn't even cheat. They just broke the rules

Elite and muscular Truthbomb

Attached: 3a1.jpg (1200x675, 97K)

DUDE LETS TALK ABOUT BALL TAMPERING LMAO

lmao this cunt unironically seething

people care about cric in footy season?

lmao

shit performance by the lads desu, expecting better in the next test
firmly of the belief that bayliss should go
fuck the ecb
for me, it's big glenn maxwell

BASED /cric/ shoving poo lozenges down your throat prescription free.

keeping the balls tampered and the goodwill empty hehe ;D

It was 2001 sir lord Sachine caught ball temparing, So Sachine made first ball temparing.

If this is happen with our players ICC must bane for life time or may be bane on whole team. Oz are just bane for only one test shame on you ICC.

Think Smoth could use some of this stuff lads, does anyone know if you get a tape version of it?

Attached: 50mL-500px-very-high_1024x1024.jpg (500x500, 21K)

Finally Steve Smith shows some balls and plays dirty against South Africa, only to be fucked up by a bumbling fuckwit who couldn't keep it on the fucking downlow.

don't even remember signing up for anything from cucket australia, but they're going all out if their email spamming half the country

Attached: grovelling and sniveling.jpg (624x813, 115K)

shining is within the rules, using anything else to rough the surface isn't. not very complicated.

at least faf is smart when he cheats

fpbp

He asked why you dumbo

Probably because it'd be impossible to effectively enforce a shining ban while still allowing the removal of dirt and debris. You'd basically have to go to a new ball every over to really keep ball shining from actually being a factor.

Look at what you have in the MLB to combat ball tampering. A single MLB game goes through, on average, 65 balls. On average, there are 146 pitches per game. That is, they change the ball once every 2-3 pitches on average. This is to avoid shit the pitchers do to artificially change how the ball behaves.

Do you really want that to be cricket's future?

If we keep using pookaburras we'll need to change the ball every over

True that. How many ball changes, other than new balls, happened today? It seemed like a lot.

14 in the test that I know of

WHEN WILL THIS END

Attached: 1509067000121.jpg (584x530, 216K)

It has only just begun...

Guys we gotta get our shit together before England

>implying the Australian Cricket team will exist a week from now

S A V A G E

Attached: 1491859186.jpg (2048x1536, 674K)

Hah. I usually do this shit with Hillary Clinton's books. Well fucking done.

Kek

cricket.com.au/news/feature/history-of-ball-tampering-cricket-cameron-bancroft-afridi-tendulkar-du-plessis-philander-atherton/2018-03-26

>literally r*ddit: the first year uni journalism student: the cricket writer

Attached: ball tampering.jpg (1080x1920, 254K)

Reckon I should be head of the ACA lads
here's what i'd do: Suspend davey and smoth for the next series >we play
make them publically apologise and answer any questions the media have
make them do the chicken dance together for a laugh

wasn't even aware of that James Ellroy book, it's even got pretty pictures, may have to cop.

kek

Morning lads

Attached: Tzuyu+1519357920464.webm (676x720, 1.89M)

BASED

thats an exclusive email to /cric/ posters

quite liking /cric/ atm lads tbqf

plebbit tier

test

cricket

/ourguy/...?

Attached: yung+lean9WYvRyRG_400x400.jpg (400x400, 17K)

wow, the Head of Integrity really dropped the ball didn't he? somebody should throw the book at him. #freethecapetownthree

me in the back

I will piss upon the ashes of Australian cricket.

oi shedlad u here m8?

so it's been 2 days... smith still isnt in a holding cell
guess cricket australia are ok with it...typical

takes a lot of preparation to hide a body

Was dropping the offending piece of "tape" down his box the best way for Bancroft to get rid of the evidence? Why didn't the cunt just pretend to tie his shoelace and slip it inside his shoes or just fucking eat it.

yeah because being on camera eating it is so much better than shoving it down your kecks isnt it

>gobble up sandpaper
>scratches throat and insides
>start vomiting blood
>die on field

Nice to see that TWICE posting has continued in my absence

you forgot

>blame it on saffers

As a Anglo member of the Indian Cricket Team Fan Club I am celebrating.

>dropped his career

Attached: 1514355070820.png (1862x1167, 2.71M)

>when people start dredging up your past quotes of calling Broad a "blatant cheat" for not walking

Attached: 1439030873284.png (457x316, 232K)

>already mediocre australian batting line up will get even more rekt
>by the time, australia gets a decent line up, it will be year 2030
>india superpower 2030 in everything
aussies btfo eternally

Better than disgracing yourself in front of the world

without Smith and maybe Warner they're basically really are flat track bullies, all of them can get skittled for nothing on a pitch that actually does something

that whole business of pious self-righteousness was so annoying, they repeatedly pushed the falsehood that he 'edged it straight to slip' when actually, it came off haddin's leg to slip, not to mention the obvious joke of australians complaining about not walking
and haddin knew he had edged the last ball in the very same test and didn't walk
just very triggering overall, broad did nothing wrong