According to some the WC is much much easier than the CL so I wonder:

According to some the WC is much much easier than the CL so I wonder:

Why can't Messi win one when he plays in a relatively stacked team and his presence is supposed to elevate a team to an elder god tier level?

Supposedly he is facing shit teams when you compare them to what he faces in the CL and he is playing alongside a relatively stacked team. So why can't he do it for his country when it matters the most?

Attached: a.jpg (368x276, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dJsBk5LSGsw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's easier in the sense that when you are in the CL you play against custom made teams whereas in the WC if you play for Germany or Brazil it will be easier than Slovakia or Latvia. Argentina were not stacked when compared to Germany, which is why they lost

No one says it's easier, there is one WC every 4 years and they only have 7 games, if you only lose one after the groups stage you are out

The argument is wich one has more prestige, which is debatable

>According to some the WC is much much easier than the CL

I think you mean "according to no one"

>Why can't Messi win one
Because he only played twice, in 2006 he was a benchwarmer

In 2010 we had fucking Maradona as our manager and in 2014 he reached the final and lost to a better team

>Argentina were not stacked when compared to Germany, which is why they lost
So you're saying that an inferior team (let's not pretend that it's a gargantuan difference) on paper can't win even when they have a player who is considered the best at the moment and supposed to give it a higher level?

/thread

If you go name by name Germany wins 10-1, the game was quite close tho, anyone could have won

They made better subs, when Sabella subbed Lavezzi out (one of the best players on the pitch) we got way worse, the German goal came from that wing too

Argentina were starting Romero (vs Neuer), Zabaleta (vs Lahm), Demichelis (vs Boateng), Garay (vs Hummels), Rojo (vs Howedes), Biglia (vs Schweinsteiger), Perez (vs Muller), Lavezzi (vs Kroos). You don't see that as a pretty big difference?

The WC is not easier than the CL, but it IS easier for the lower ranked teams to progress further

now go ahead and explain the 2015 and 2016 copa america finals

2015, home adventage and they had a good manager
2016, we got refballed

>2015, home adventage and they had a good manager
then why didn't you win it in 2011? you had home advantage and a coach who won the olympics and knew everyone

>2016, we got refballed
youtube.com/watch?v=dJsBk5LSGsw

Damn nigga, you are obsessed

Get a life, you talk about Messi missing a penalty literally every single days

And Ronaldo will NEVER know his name. It's very sad.

Neither will Messi know yours, cocksucker

>win 74% of your games
>shit manager

>Beat Nigeria, Mexico, Greece, Scotland etc
>Lose 6-1 to Bolivia and 4-0 to Germany

Don't count Bolivia game. That was in the altitude. Bolivia manages to beat teams in the altitude.

2014 they chocked the final, its certainly not entirely on him, their whole attack was flat. But in the big games thats when you want him to pop up and do something, like we've seen endless times for barcelona. He didnt.

But then similarly for ronaldo, despite portugal somehow winning the euros their whole run was truly horrible. Some of the most boring football ive ever seen. I remember him playing well once, i think it was against Hungary? he scored a nice backheel. Otherwise portugal were so awful, one of the worst winners in memory

most the 'best' players in international tournaments are meme players, certainly recently

>player has a chance to win one every year
vs
>player has a chance to win one every 4 seasons
Plus, as some other anons alluded to, the makeup of the national team is much tougher. I'm not wading into the typical messi vs. ronaldo shitflinging, but it's a fact that the Barcelona midfield that messi has played with is leaps and bounds better than the Argentina midfield. Messi has still been on some great teams, and his miss in the final is inexcusable for an alleged goat, but I wouldn't say winning the WC is easier. But what do I know, I'm just a mutt who's shit NT couldn't make the tournament.

What was wrong with the lineup? Messi asked to play in the middle. Given their squad this was the best formation.

Attached: 2010.jpg (298x413, 23K)

Yeah, look at Iceland at the EC 2016.

nice meltdown fag

I don't have a horse in this race, dumbshit. Matter of fact, I prefer Ronaldo but I don't go around defending him because I don't give a shit what people think.

The WC is obviously more prestige

World Cup is the only thing that matters.

in 30 years time, people will remember Miroslav Klose more than Messi. no one watches La Liga, and thanks to pay walls, fewer and fewer people watch the Champions League.

everyone on Earth watches the World Cup. tribes in Africa watch the World Cup. Eskimos watch the World Cup.

>and thanks to pay walls
what

"Messi this message is for you, and it's something you already have to know in advance. You have to go deep, deep inside of you to find all the strength you have inside. Messi, be a warrior."
Oprah Winfrey gives Argentina and Lionel Messi some advice ahead of the World Cup, speaking with Revista Pronto

But that was ridiculous, c'mon

>The argument is wich one has more prestige, which is debatable
It's not debatable at all
The WC has always been the ultimate achievement in football

>we got refballed
lol no
both teams were red-carded

if anything chile refballed in 2015 and home advantage is usually a disadvantage when it comes to national tourneys

>Claudio Bravo knows him very well
>he dives the wrong way
amerikeks lmao

He's referring that you have to pay money to watch CL

>The argument is wich one has more prestige, which is debatable
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Every football player would exchange all of his titles for a World Cup.

what

that was blatant refball, the brazilian referee made it his match like a true cunt that he is.

What? I pay 10 bucks a month for HD television and can watch most major matches. Are you being scammed or is this normal?

The CL tv rights sell for a shitload of money in most european nations, for obvious reasons.
Luckily state tv (aka you only pay with taxes) gets the rights for most german teams here.

this comment really made me think

every german player besides boateng is far superior to each of those argentine players in their position. yes, ozil is a better 10 than messi.

How fucking retarded is Brasil monkey hue hue OP?

Its a K.O. tournament which involves a lot of randomness. Its also only every 4 years so most players will only have 2 chances while being in their prime...

>I'll just claim they're mad so it looks like I have an argument!

welcome

What if Messi wins is when he is 34(obviously by getting carried). Does it validate his GOAT status?

It's the same with the olympics and people use it as a measure for greatness. You're not so great if you can't put it together with pressure and when it matters.

so why is Maradona considered great? He barely did anything in the 86 final and did nothing in 90. Why is Burruchaga scoring and Higuain missing how we measure the greatness between Maradona and Messi?

So he can only create one chance the whole game? Why can't he create one of his dribble-past-everyone goals?

That says more about Germany than it does Argentina

Now you have that same manager and the Messi plotline being forced by FIFA...will you choke again?

Attached: 76458765876587.jpg (139x183, 11K)

that miss did nothing since vidal missed before messi