youtube.com/watch?v=GpL2zk5nqfc
youtube.com/watch?v=6gWXe6Am73E
youtube.com/watch?v=XnkMqYq3bzM
youtube.com/watch?v=Lc5zUFDXzLw
youtube.com/watch?v=Cr9rO0cv_KU
youtube.com/watch?v=_rnJKutkNCI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>tfw blood fetish

Funny thing is I just remembered this film earlier, i discovered it because of its hype and i havent seen it yet but based on most internet shit it seems to be extremely overhyped and when i looked at imdb parents rating for this film, it doesnt sound as scary as everyone is saying, there were literally about 3 "scary" things listed there. i dont mean "scary" as in scary for me personally, but scary as in horror elements, its really an airy movie it seems. have u seen it

RAW?

It's not scary at all, I can't watch things like Cronenbergs because I'm a pussy, but this film was okay.

There are some powerful and disturbing scenes though

This movie is for you.

>it doesnt sound as scary as everyone is saying,
The advertising for this fucked up bad. This movie is NOT a horror movie, it is horror second, coming of age drama first. It's not supposed to be a scary movie, but like a psychologically intense one.

so i guess its kinda like lars von triers stuff its not necessarily scary but its like an art film huh

I usually fucking hate horror films but i'm so attracted to this from the trailer, still waiting for the bd realese.
I didn't know it had The Do, holy shit I love them.

exactly yo i remember reading alotta articles where people got sick or threw up or leave the theater etc its terrible it made the seem like overly hyped by plants

Kind of. I think the right word for how I felt was "uneasy"

youtube.com/watch?v=4q39DRaS6RQ

Iunno man, everyone has different tastes. This movie, for whatever reason just fucking clicked for me so hard. I've never fallen so in love with a movie more quickly than with this one, the main character being a qt may have something to do with that, so take this with a grain of salt, it's one of the best movies I've seen in years.

It's not a shitty shock horror like Serbian film or Antichrist, it's clever, subtle, evocative, poignant and very bittersweet for me. There's actually very little violence or gore, but what little there is is extremely effective because of how the scene is cleverly set up. I don't want to spoil anything but I will if anyone wants.

youtube.com/watch?v=LDwFPHKuWHI

Amazing how well that song worked in the movie

Film wasn't great but this song is great:

>youtube.com/watch?v=jzaVZYg0Fdw

It's not a horror man, it's honestly not, there are like, literally 0 scares in the movie, no jump scares, no scary moments, just moments of tension and unease. There are also literally only like... 4 or 5 violent scenes and their really subdued.

that scene was pretty hot desu senpai

the club scene at the beginning with OP's song made me want to go clubbing. i usually hate clubbing.

The piano duet is the best song in that movie

its me hi. sure spoil me. garrance is a hardcore cutie

Have you seen the movie? I can actually believe people threw up, theres this one scene in the movie that almost made me gag. No movie has ever done that before.

youtube.com/watch?v=UL7GHN6dC64
youtube.com/watch?v=7eYwkkujr5Y

Worthy successor to those MTV shows I loved as a kid, plus a bunch of great music.

which scene? every notable scene sounds shitty desu

Ohhhhh when your coooold I'll be thereeeee hold you tight to meeee~

PIGEONHOLE LIKE A WILD WOLFPACK

CHCHCH BUMBUMBUM

youtube.com/watch?v=0cVSH-G3iTU

not him but there's a scene involving a finger that's fucking gruesome, and i could definitely see people throwing up during it
besides that, like someone said earlier, it's far more shocking on a psychological level than a purely physical one, there isn't really that much straight gore

Max Richter is based

OK so I actually had to have a long think about why the violence in this movie was so effective for me and I think I understand why now. Usually violence in movies is fantastic and spectacular, so much so that it's divorced from reality and you don't really think oh my god that person just lost an arm/got his face chewed off etc you go holy shit what a cool effect, the shock isn't there, its more a safe pleasure in seeing something visceral, safe because you know its fake.

There's this scene that starts with the character and her sister brushing their teeth, the sister plucks some stray hairs from the main characters eyebrow and asks her about her grooming habits, then goes on to get some wax to wax off her pubic hair, the wax strip gets stuck and the sister grabs a scissor to try cutting the hair. The main character doesn't like the idea so bucks her sister off, causing the scissor to cut off her sisters finger. Because the scene was so trivial, so utterly ordinary, your mind automatically just reverts to thinking of the scene as being real rather than something fictional and when the finger comes off, its deeply shocking because your minds still in that headspace of realism. Losing that finger was more shocking to me than seeing heads being blown off. The director really understands that subtlety is effective and I love her for it.

The scene after this is incredibly powerful and beautiful as well with great music. youtube.com/watch?v=6xeTXzC3jFY

Also youtu.be/WvcmmdDtX2k?list=PLcgvZNms2zmiHGtb6XOAv9SAZb0cfuQYI

Please don't spoil this for yourself.

The grossest, most gag inducing scene in the movie is when she's puking up hair in the bathroom.

Reminder that she's /ourgirl/ and posts on Sup Forums.

She's got a really cute small smile in the movie. I wish I had some screencaps of them. Her mouth is just so smol.

To add to this, I think it was clever because of how the movie lulls you into that headspace by slowly easing you into this ordinary situation. If it didn't have the patience to do the setup, if it just came out of nowhere, it'd be far less effective.

Listen, Julia Docournau, critically acclaimed first time director of Raw doesn't post on Sup Forums, don't believe these lies.

Here is an interview of me being based btw. youtube.com/watch?v=b62YWx8xy0w

CUTE

that's a lot of rings

why does the uk constantly churn out 'good' artists? we're such a tiny island but there's such a high level of talent here

Smokers are gross

Are you talking about The Do? Their French/Finnish.

Sad!

Drive

Been listening to this shit for years. It's what introduced me to synthwave. So fucking good.

youtube.com/watch?v=n8y4SRtvjdM
Made the scene 100x better

MY HEART'S AT YOUR COMMAND, DEAR

soundcloud.com/dankmemevespertine/city-nights-demo-version

youtube.com/watch?v=mfXxEUAUUqA

Wtf I love Blur now

youtube.com/watch?v=GpL2zk5nqfc
youtube.com/watch?v=6gWXe6Am73E
youtube.com/watch?v=XnkMqYq3bzM
youtube.com/watch?v=Lc5zUFDXzLw

hey this is pretty good not cringe at all

Any torrents for RAW my niggas?

Thank you user. I hope she responds. If she doesn't ask her to Please respond.

Nope. Give it a few months.

She's itt

how would you know that

Is that the Top Gear track?

I bet she made Garance keep doing lewd things in front of her as """""""rehearsals"""""" for scenes.

The girl in that music video has a strong jaw

w-why is she touching her like that

that sure is one hip indie cover there OP

I bettr it has an amazingindie hip OST

The Last Emperor.

Why do you think Julia had everyone leave the set while she filmed the nude scenes with Garance alone? Why do you think "it was a nightmare shooting the shower scene, we had to do it dozens of times"

please desist with these highly lewd implications

This simply shows dedication. I sincerely hope they become like Jeff Nichols and Michael Shannon and make many more movies together.

At least post the music so we all know what you're talking about.

They already did other shorts together and say they consider each other to be family.

They've essentially known and worked with each other for 6 years. The first thing Julia made and the first thing Garance was in was a short filmed called Junior, I've been meaning to watch it. I think they may well collaborate a fuckload and I hope they do.

This makes me happy

>say they consider each other to be family.
Link to article or interview where this happens?

Yeah I know right? I just really like seeing the two together. Iunno, its just nice.

See the interview posted. At some point she says she consider Garance to be her little sister.

Y'know I think its actually quite a brave move to include a scene long enough to fit the ENTIRE song. Usually movies just use snippets of a song and to dedicate and use the whole thing is bold. This isn't the only full song they use either.

blu ray's out some time in july

The Guest had a cool soundtrack

youtube.com/watch?v=Cr9rO0cv_KU

julia PLS

This, that scene made me a little I'll, all the other gory scenes were ok

It's weird isn't it? It's this totally non violent scene that's most nauseating.

I'm kinda lost on its significance and meaning though. I was trying to think along the films animalism lines and thought of a cats hairballs but that doesn't really make sense.

she's based af

Not a movie but the song used in Adult Swim's Unedited Footage of a Bear is fucking amazing

youtube.com/watch?v=_rnJKutkNCI

I didn't think too deep about it but I saw it as a progression on how long the problem has been going on.

That... No offence but that doesn't make too much sense either because it hasn't been going on for long, at that point its been like 3 or 4 days.

> (You)
>That... No offence but that doesn't make too much sense either because it hasn't been going on for long, at that point its been like 3 or 4 days.
I have no idea the

Well, that tune grows on you quick

You can't prove that

Julia, respond to

I don't know why but the idea of a French female director browsing threads on Sup Forums is just so fucking amusing to me

Where did the idea that she browses Sup Forums come from?

This movie being shilled. That's it.

where can i watch this family?

/ourgirl/

In the theater.

nothing wrong with this

She looks like a slightly less retarded version of a girl I work with

post colleague

Fucking same, man. Love this movie.

real human bean

I honestly can't tell anymore if threads on movies like this and the void that nobody has heard about are shilling from the studio or if we just have a bunch of people here that like indie stuff.

I can't believe that a studio would actually pay to have people promote their film on a Singaporean bonzai tree trimming forum to try and get the autist audience for their film(especially knowing that most of them would just torrent it). Maybe they are made by family members of the movie cast/production that are also autists and want to promote their family's film in the only way they know how?

Either way it worked on me, I love that kind of music and never tell people about it because I think it's too girly

The Void makes sense because this place is full of nerds who like that type of thing.

I don't know why Raw is being shilled but I'm not complaining. Julia post feet

I think it's just that one guy who has a crush on the main actress.

stop going to normie clubs

>timepost when this hoe says something Sup Forums related or just accepting she post here

She tells the interviewer off like 7 minutes in and then later she calls someone a fuckboy. Also at the end she talks about warhammer figurines.