So the little boy who lives in his mouth was Jack's penis, right?

So the little boy who lives in his mouth was Jack's penis, right?

yes, read the headlines of the magazine Jack is reading

I could red-pill you further, but I dont want to overwhelm you at first

Overwhelm me

Please do go on

also notice Danny's body language.

Holy shit,t his movie is a gem.

that was the ghost. same one that possesses jack later on.

Holy shit this is really a great thread thank you so much user

Wow, anymore?

I vaguely remember something similar from the exorcist

This kind of autistic wordplay is what you think film analysis consists of if you dropped out of community college to work the late shift at a drugstore. Kubrick's use of genres that appeal to male losers is a real blight on his reputation. If it's not the moon landing shit, it's this, and if it's not this, it's illuminati bullshit. These people are why you cannot be both an art cinema director and a commercial player without terrible compromises - some of your audience is going to mistake modernist ambiguity for a puzzle to be solved. Vermin.

Neat

this window is present the moment Jack learns of the previous caretaker's murdering. Its the moment he "sees the light", even when the light/window shouldn't exist

Oh, Christ. The Shining "analysis."

One of the most annoying facets of the fanbase.

I wish Ager a painful death.

DUDE THE TYPEWRITER WAS ABOUT THE HOLOCAUST LMAO

The moment that one guy on IMDb's Classic Film turned into a justification for why Kubrick's TV versions of the films should be disregarded.

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuumuuuuuuuuuuuuuhm it's the helicopter heading to the hotel to pick up Ullman and fly him to the Bahamas for his winter vacation

How does the guy in the bear costume give oral? The mask is covering his mouth.

Thats the heli that the hotels manager ordered.

No, it was himself in the future. Danny's full name is Danny Anthony Torrance. Anthony is shortened to Tony, Tony was Danny from the future Shining to himself.
read Doctor Sleep.

>how your tax dollars give new indentities to convicted criminals

thanks obama

you are right about the trends in images but i feel a lot of of the message is more metaphorical than anything else.
for instance in 237 when the mirror turns to reveal the woman in jack's bathroom scene, and when wendy finally sees redrum as murder in the mirror, it's really just an example of having to look at things forwards and backwards to see what they really are. the historical contexts, and the affects on us. Think of how Danny escapes the maze by tracing his footsteps. Ullman looks like a president for a reason.
it's all more suggestive than anything else. Jack's abuse of Danny is ambiguous and unclear, but yes the general idea of sexual abuse is there.

whats Jack holding in his left hand?
It looks like a piece of paper. or it is a time device to travel between the 1920s and current day?

the red pill in small alkaseltzer tablet form.

The very fact that it has a fanbase is the problem. Last Year at Marienbad and L'avventura don't have fanbases, and they don't have dipshits explaining what "really" happened or where the missing girl "really" went.

So Jack thinks he's David Soul?

it's the paper he wrote down the I.O.U for his soul on

No it's not, the idea of having a violent alcoholic parent is. Abuse yes, but not sexual. Anything that's there is right there in the film. What's ambiguous is intentionally so.

yes youre right, it's clearly about alcoholism being the main problem (all work and no play is an old irish saying about why men drink), but the fact that the bear, always associated with the child, blowing an older man clearly links the too in some way or another like it or not. Sexual themes also play through the whole thing.

he may very well be actually. The child tries to understand the father through Tony, who he had created after his father hit him. It's like a metaphorical thing.

Fuck em, bro. I'm with you. Leave these kinds of people laying around, unused and these fuckers will find ways of defaming even the best of us. Kubrick is a filmmaker worthy of the highest honors. The fact he is associated- by degenerates- with filth is only a testament to his greatness. You will notice, it's only the cucked conspiracy guys who detract from his worth.

Kids have teddy bears. The picture where the bear is in front of the fireplace doesn't show a bear but a mat, which is why it isn't visible in the next shot. No, it doesn't link it, you're just a pleb. No, sexual themes aren't present at all. I am not interested in an analysis of sexual abuse symbolism from people who not only have no knowledge of how sexually abused children behave, but also have no knowledge - let's be honest - of sexuality, period.

what did Kubrick mean by this?

I couldn't agree more.

>getting this triggered over Goofy

Jazz Age humor.

room 237 is pretty clearly about sex and lust being a destructive force in a man's lust. the dead girls = death of innocence, 2 for 1 kinda loss.

i'm talking about in every one of danny's childhood scenes, teddy bears are present in the background.

Even if Jack didn't molest Danny, the hotel certainly wanted to do so after it killed him.

Jesus Chirst that's absolutely retarded and I say that as a fan of Alex Jones who have spent months analysing the story of MGS5.

>I am not interested in an analysis of sexual abuse symbolism from people who not only have no knowledge of how sexually abused children behave, but also have no knowledge - let's be honest - of sexuality, period.

That's a very rude, ignorant and demonstrably false statement sir.

>sexual themes aren't present at all
uh huh

also, haloran, the only other man who shines, his room, the color of the window-room with Ullman as well as Danny's family's hotel room, has a strange worship station filled with symbolic and sexualed lunar-thematic imagery of woman.
The film is mostly about a man and a woman, the child is the innocent victim of their love. sex is underlying everything.

The conspiracy theory movie may have that theme, but the room in the film, no. The dead girls = dead girls.

Kids have teddy bears, dipshit.

>you will never have Kubricks level of autism
feels bad man

So why is there that scene though?

>dude having easter eggs excuse a film from being a dreadfully boring and empty slow plod
thanks brainlets

No, you're clearly ignorant of both subjects. You think every specific symbolizes a generalization, which it doesn't. Intellectuals don't think in generalizations. Barely-employed or NEET pseudo-intellectual stoners think in generalizations.

murder, and lust underly everything.
There's a reason it's paralleled with the redrum scene.
These are the two revelations of the movie, the themes of history.
One girl does wrong, two will get hurt. It's about the chain of violence.
You're a pleb.

maeks u tink

Thanks for summing up in one phrase your unreadiness for modernist art cinema.

Are you saying the bear blowing the man scene is not sexual? what was the fucking point of that scene then?

lol youre not an intellectual.

kubrick was taking the piss and plebs still haven't figured it out

No, you're a pleb.

obviously he's taking the piss but if you know anything about structuralism you'd know that everything "means" sometihng like it or not. It basically has to unless you take a deconstructive approach which is basically only necessary if you really wanna explain why trannsexuals exist.

So, how's that first semester of film criticism treating you?

>Implying I'm not brown-pilled
I'm a medical doctor and I've read and understood all of /lit/'s meme trilogy
I know the impetus behind the tarot card story and whatnot. gilgamesh-type stories replayed over and over again and their historical contexts.

It's just basic logic that wannabes deny to protect their pride and ego

A scene is not a theme, and you're again confirming that you aren't ready for art cinema narrative strategies. I started to write an explanation of the relationship between the ghosts' going from glamorous to grotesque, the lifestyle associated with the Jazz Age, the meaning of that for writers or wannabe writers, and alcoholism, but there's no point. You are a dunce. Watch Last Year at Marienbad then kill yourself. Ambiguity is not a wordsearch.

fucking kubrick

You know NOTHING about structuralism. Nothing. The way you're searching for meaning is ALIEN to how critics actually think. Please stop living this futile life that humiliates and saddens your loved ones.

the theme of sexual abuse is ambiguous but there like it or not. It might not be afflicted upon danny, more likely the wife, but it definitely is supposed to have had some kinda affect on him. It's part of the theme of "understanding" your place in history that the movie hammers home, and yes, our society is more less an extension of the ideals present in the 1920s,

>what is formalism
>what is not analysing something only through symbolism

most critics are plebs.
They go to liberal art schools and are taught about the importance of deconstruction, not practical life skills.
It's part of the problem of our time. If you had more perspective and not an aspiring critic/director (which btw is not a job, and you should want to be a writer in order to properly speak on these types of things) you might understand.

>formalism
is only a facet of what structuralism.

I thought it was a dog.

in the book it was a dog, kubrick changed it

lel

Isn't Playgirl supposed to be targeted at girls?

test

What? Why are you typing a generic wall of text like that? Can you dispute the observations that Kubrick is a pedo?

I didnt type that. I dont know what Goofy represents, but it's obvious and interesting that she matches his appearance in that scene

>**handclaps building up**
here here!

shouldn't you have a pharmacist's degree to work at a drugstore?

I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO NOTICED THIS, FUUUUUUUUUUUUU

holy fuck

EVERYTHING IS ALLRIGHT
THERE IS NOTHING TO SEE HERE
RETURN TO YOUR HOMES
BE HAPPY

Yes, Jack was a faggot.

You don't even have to read Dr Sleep to know that

I didn't mean to reply to you. I meant to reply to this faggot. That's what I meant by generic wall of text.

If you read Kubirck's biography (the one that got published in the early aughts) it is shownthat the paedo goofy meme (IT'S GOOFY TIME!) originated from that scene.

I mean why did it have a woman in the cover? What did Kubrick imply by this?

Oh wow, you people are fucking insane.

>good old kubrick thread
>manbabies shitting themselves and punching holes in the wall during one of their autism fits

this board is trash

As someone who has read the official printed version of the film (written by none other than the scrumptulous Stephen King) I think I am authorised to give the (quote-unquote) official synecdouche of what transpired in the book/story/whathaveyou.

There were no sexual innuendos nor metaforce. A general theme in Stephen King's books are the quote-unquote ghosts of the past that haunt us, in a literal or non literal sense. This theme is found throughout many of his stories for which it serves as a driving metaforce.

In this particular sense, it is implied that the hotel is really haunted (for lack of a better word) and that the ghosts haunt and taunt Jack with visions of the past, dement him and parannoy him to the point where he just kills his family.

No, it's the plight of the Native American people, dumbass.

Repressed homosexual takings his urges out on his son

>I think I am authorised to give the (quote-unquote) official synecdouche of what transpired in the book/story/whathaveyou.

wow you are so special

the film has nothing to do with the book, retard

what did stanley mean by this?

>you read the book

my sides

Actually the suit is made so he can be sodomized by removing the butt's part, as a child's pajamas

You don't need to read Dr Sleep, is on the last pages of The Shining

>you
>reading

I'm still trying to figure out what he meant by "a nigger cuck." Any help please??

I just found something really odd/creepy
The ending actually uses 2 separate photos (1 when zooming in, and 1 closeup).
if you look closely jack's shoulder moves to block the woman's cigarette behind him in the 2nd photo.
Why go thru the trouble of having and using 2 photos when the difference seems unimportant?

>p-plebs I don't have time explain it to you, you're all virgins
My god you an unsufferable faggot. Fuck off to /his/ or /lit/ you'll fit right in with the other intellectuals

Jack was getting buffed so it goes bigger in the 2nd photo

That means he's ready to travel in time again as a ghost and fuck up with the next people going to the hotel.

From the ashes he reborn, so there is no more ashes (cigarette)