youtube.com/watch?v=yJbMdo0NyQw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I don't know, ask Reddit

the insecurity of brainlets

Quips and jokes

pop culture references
meta jokes

If it has a scene during credits

Infantile plot, humour and logic. Feel good cues that let the redditor know when to "giggle squee"

easily quotable upboatable meme material

marvel

If it has anything I don't like. Idiot.

If it's also a book which you have read.

I first heard the word 'squee' used about ten years ago. I know what it means but have never understood the 'correct' context these people use it in, and I don't wanna know.

If it has multiple well known actors in the same film

made in the USA after 2007

if its not an all white cast

Content that is very safe and easily digestible, but is given with a tone that's very self assured and congratulatory
Basically, anything that you would find on the cubicle of the "cool" guy at the office

Study the film "Deadpool" if you want to know what makes a film reddit.

if you don't like it it's reddit

postmodernism

Ive been told the Martian with Matt Damonis is pure reddit

Reddit=kino
if you say otherwise it's bacuase you are an overweight weeaboo 4channer that lives in your moms basement

Succesful people shown as the bad guy
"The system" shown as the bad guy (police etc)
Objective losers shown as cool people living interesting lives (The Big Lebowski)
Quips to diffuse tension
Wacky random hijinks
Featuring several A-list actors
Featuring flavor of the month actors (for instance, a movie featuring McLovin coming out right after Superbad would be extremely reddit)
Overuse of references
Unnecessary action scenes
No ambiguity, except for entry level "2deep4u" shit like the spinning top in Inception
Black and white characters

I wouldn't know. I've never been on reddit. I never even heard of it before I started browsing Sup Forums.

i think it's the opposite, postmodern movies are disliked by redditors and casual moviegoers

people like it

Entry level postmodern shit like David Lynch is adored by Reddit.

when i see sasuke sama use sharingan i squee in my panties

so True Lies and Commando and the whole 80s is reddit right?
kys

One liners are not quips.

female in the leading role
female as stronger/ more intelligent/ rational than males

By far the best answers ITT.
I'll throw in two more I thought were accurate, from multiple years apart:

>"Thoroughly sanitized for mass market appeal with a touch of geek to it"

>"Meta humor, 'so random' humor, hamfisted emotional moments, pseudo-intellectual dialogue, and pandering to the "I fucking love science crowd"

And yet this board was having an autism attack over Vaders one liner in Rogue One

Anything Sup Forums doesn't like.

anything that tries too hard=reddit

They actually did it. They actually fucking made a movie about Reddit. No dog whistles, no allusions, just pure straight Reddit pleb shit. Every fucking scene is a meme. EVERY SINGLE ONE. There isn't one joke or quote on this movie that wouldn't get you at least 50 upvotes. If you plan on voting for Bernie Sanders this flick is for you. If you own a fedora this movie is for you. If you like taking turns with your girlfriend getting rammed in the ass by imported black cock this meme is for you. If you're a normal fucking person who votes Republican and enjoys films about ideas, characters, and interesting settings this piece of shit movie is not for you and given the fact that there are no movies like that anymore because children and spergs can't get enough meme cuck shitposting you're better off just finding another hobby or killing yourself.

Fuck Reddit, fuck memes, and fuck whoever likes this piece of shit

Let's just face it, everything = reddit

Well put.

>If you're a normal fucking person who votes Republican
Kys you autistic alt right 10 year old. Go back to r/The_Cuckold. You have no right to call anyone else reddit.

>Quips to diffuse tension
>Wacky random hijinks
>Featuring several A-list actors
>Featuring flavor of the month actors (for instance, a movie featuring McLovin coming out right after Superbad would be extremely reddit)
>Overuse of references
These are pretty much the core of reddit if you ask me

There are different levels of normies.

Theres like white trash, niggers and Hispanics who like stuff like Fast And Furious, above them are working class whites who enjoy the occasional flick but aren't too serious and above them are upper middle class pretentious whites and jews who base their identities around pop culture, any movie that appeals to those people is reddit, two good examples are The Martian and Pulp Fiction

Reminder The Martian is actually an entertaining movie, and calling it "reddit" just shows how bitter and autistic you really are.

This reads like it's off of reddit. I don't know how deep this goes, nor do I want to know. You need to go back

reddit

Why is Sup Forums so obsessed with reddit?

It's actually quite pathetic.

Mainly because it was out of character and out of style with the original trilogy. If the original trilogy featured one liners,I dont think anyone would complain.

Vader's comment was clearly a one liner, so calling it a quip as many people did is wrong. Quipping would be the things Poe said to Kylo in the early scene in TFA, ruining any menacing presence he had.

youtube.com/watch?v=yJbMdo0NyQw

pathetic, I hated the movie from this point.

No the autists thought it was a pun.

Found the redditors.

Surprisingly good thread

That pasta has been part of this board longer than you or reddit trump forum, redditor

Newsflash: r/The_Donald is reddit you fucking retard

>voting reddpublican
>voting
you need to go back you normie reddit piece of shit.

autists are unable to understand puns

Be honest, Sup Forums. You've been on reddit, haven't you?

On Sup Forums, Reddit is perceived as a bunch of naive tools who believe that being a nerd is cool. As a result, they're childishly enthusiastic about their hobbies (which they've only barely scratched the surface of), find random humor completely hilarious, and are notoriously pedantic. This is due to the fact that they believe that nerds are some kind of "cultural elite" simply because their interests aren't completely mainstream.

BUT, since they don't see themselves as particularly alienated by society, they haven't developed the pleb/patrician paradigm, unlike Sup Forums. Consequentially, they also have the prudish, politically-correct mentality that goes with the delusion that they can still be normal members of society and accepted by potentially anyone, or that they have moral standards to uphold. This makes them very prone to being shocked or amused by the cheapest transgressions and subversions.

accept that reddit means "bad" and has nothing to do with the website autists. the insult is not going away anytime soon, the only reason you choose to pretend you don't get it is because you get called reddit a lot obviously

This is incredibly well said

At first I thought this was silly but sometimes the shoe really fits, like if you see some teenage nihilism and babby's first existentialism i.e. rick & morty. That show is crystallized reddit.

That's why I said they thought.
It was a witty remark.

So anything made by Marvel

Is this new pasta? Haven't seen this one before

example of reddit movie

It's an old pasta but you wouldn't know that, you fucking redditor piece of shit. I hate you and your nihilistic ways of thinking and the fact you pollute and waste our patrician Christian air with your atheistic pleb lungs. Go back to watching trash such as Guardians of Reddit, Reddit and Morty and Game of Memes.

Kill yourself. The same goes to all who go on reddit. I would personally gas every single redditor on the planet. Fucking disgusting plebs.

From what I've gathered from not browsing this board for too long, if two of the following apply it's considered Reddit here:

-It's popular among anyone outside of Sup Forums
-It has a comedic tone to it while not necessarily being a comedy
-Reddit likes it
-It's a Marvel film

Movies made for nostalgic manchildren

Forced acceptance of niggers and other disgusting minorities

>meta jokes
definitly.
This whole cynicism/irony/self-deprecating thing is what defines the millenial generation. Seinfeld, Family Guy, Guardians of the galaxy, "art" making fun of itself endlessly without ever teaching important human values

"popular" and "reddit likes it" are not true. there is a subreddit for everything and every movie discussed here by enough people has to be at least a little popular

fuck off tourist and lurk more you cancerous shitstain

Is this a new pasta? Haven't seen this one before

He's not wrong faggot

It's an new pasta but you wouldn't know that, you fucking redditor piece of shit. I hate you and your nihilistic ways of thinking and the fact you pollute and waste our patrician Christian air with your atheistic pleb lungs. Go back to watching trash such as Guardians of Reddit, Reddit and Morty and Game of Memes.

Kill yourself. The same goes to all who go on reddit. I would personally gas every single redditor on the planet. Fucking disgusting plebs.

Any movie with a Fresh RottenTomatos score.

>Lurk more

No thanks, I've got no intention of wasting every minute of my life on this shitty website like you miserable fucks

TELL ME ABOUT BANE!
WHY DIES HE WEAR THE MASK!

Why does he wear the mask?

>he doesn't know yet

Why does he wear the mask?

What website do you prefer lad?

>I've got no intention of wasting every minute of my life on this shitty website like you miserable fucks
So you say. Tell me about Bane

Memes

If its popular its automatically Reddit we gotta keep that hipster cred

if i don't like it

Dumb redditposter.

shut the fuck up already nobody thinks like that, there are no upvotes here remember, redditor?

Being serious but corny

Following nice guy dilemmas without self-awareness

Following edgy dilemmas without self-irony

No reddit is for liberals.

See r/politics.

Now see Sup Forums.

Now lurk moar newbitches.

Good newbitches.

I'm liberal and I've never been on reddit.

>reddit spacing

>using reddit arrow

You don't get to leave
also nice dubs

I've seen it used long before Reddit.

Basically it have to give the viewer a feeling of "wow I'm smart for getting this" when in fact it's not that hard to get. Rick and Morty is probably the best current example of a Sup Forums related media that is "reddit".

>-It's a Marvel film
>film

You do realize that capeshit can't be film right? They are flicks. Capeshit is geek culture oriented media and can therefore not be considered art. Ever.

Labeling genres as "not art" is just as pleb as viewing capeshit as art.

Also, film is a synonym for movie, you autist.

>posting on Sup Forums
no surer sign of a numale liberal redpilled bluepilled reddit chad normie phoneposter Sup Forumstard omega transgeneder faggot

>Brainlet
I bet you laugh at GotG for its toilet humor
Claiming it to be fun to disguise the fact you know it a shit movie

>Labeling genres as "not art" is just as pleb as viewing capeshit as art.

buddy did you hit your head.
>calling it not art is just as bad as calling it art
HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrr

They voted their favourite pre-1990 movie as The Empire Strikes Back. Let that sink in for a fucking second, then you'll have your answer.

>Anything Sup Forums doesn't like.
But they both like star wars