I can't beam them back, sir, there's too much electromagnetic interference

I can't beam them back, sir, there's too much electromagnetic interference.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sqgW-2orQQg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>The ion radiation's interfering with our sensors, we're going to have beam down our chief engineer to take a personal look

Did they really have that

>Enterprise almost explodes on a weekly basis
>allows the children and families of his crew on the ship
What the FUCK is his problem?

>Refuses to save entire planets full of sentient beings because they might somehow be irrevocably changed by some fancy stories from when they lived in mud huts

>you now realize teleportation can only work by destroying the object to understand it molecularly and make a perfect copy of it, including your conscience and memory because it's the future and they've figured out how to do that
>you now realize every time someone teleports in Star Trek they are actually being killed, but a clone will take their place who inherits the memories and suspects nothing, and so their legacy will live on as one identity despite unknowingly cycling through thousands of bodies

>the you that steps onto a transporter pad isn't the same you that materializes on the planet surface because they aren't made from the same atoms
And this is different from the continuous replacement of the atoms in your cells...how?

JJA's ST now has inter system teleportation on warp speed

Yet it will still be a series about ships

JJA's SW now has inter system Death Star but...

Not canon

JJ Abrams can suck a fat cock especially if he thinks he can have a say in what happens in ST

Number one, I order you to do a number two on my chest.

magnets my man

It's a perfect replica of you, but isn't you. Your consciousness doesn't transfer, it replicates. You died to create it, but the "you" people will remember is all of your separate "you's" combined. In a way you're sacrificing yourself for the greater good a thousand times over, whether you're ever aware of it or not.

>reading altered carbon
>annoyed at how people constantly die and reupload their minds into other bodies
>interstellar travel is reduced to beaming oneself to another body on another planet
>rich people can't even be arsed to travel short distances so they just keep clones around the world and upload into them when necessary
>'dead' people are always stored and available for download, so nobody ever dies
>tfw i finally accept this is probably the future of mankind

>What the FUCK is his problem?

His problem is that starfleet wont allow him to fit spoilers to the nacelles, Picard wants to pimp his bitch ship up

>Pre-warp civilization dying off from mysterious disease? Sure, I'll cure it...
youtube.com/watch?v=sqgW-2orQQg
>HOL UP! It's a GENETIC disorder? Why, that's completely different! That's natural selection I would be interfering with! Not at all like the natural selection I was planning on interfering with at first! If you don't let these people die you are a bad bad man Captain Archer.

>teleportation can only work by [some bullshit]
Physics work differently in the Star Trek universe.

Teleportation works in the Star Trek universe without killing people.

If you can't mentally separate the real world from fiction, then you might have autism. Actual autism. Not the buzzword, not the insult, not the Sup Forums meme. The authentic, honest, genuine, unironic real deal. Not trying to hurt your feelings, just trying to tell you the truth. Maybe you should go see a doctor.

>I wasn't able to save the patient. She wasn't a main cast member.
Did the main cast members just have better insurance or something?

Do you ever sleep? Congratulations, every time you do, you die, and when your brain reboots in the morning it constructs a new you from stored information. I know, it's horrifying, no one would ever put up with that for convenience.

he never wanted the kids on the ship
it's the first complain he made in the first episode

it like turns you into an energy stream then converts it back because matter and energy are interchangeable and they exploit that

souls are real in Star Trek and you can separate the consciousness of someone from their bodies without problem

teleportation doesn't kill anyone, it just moves things

>here's a heartfelt goodbye to all my friends and loved ones in the universe: the eight coworkers I've known for less than a year

Tasha's funeral actually was pretty sad if you think about it.

>Killed by a shit monster
>Only friends are co-workers
>Resurrected just to live out her life as a Romulan rape slave

>Escape your shit hole of a home planet
>Closest friend is the emotionless robot your had a drunken one night with during your first week of knowing each other
>Die a pointless death at the hands of some angsty alien runt
Poor Tasha.

Captain, I'm picking up heavy tachyon emissions from the planets surface. The ship won't be able to move until they dissipate

the main cast is a metaphor for the 1%

ARMUS DID NOTHING WRONG

Captain, I recommend we destroy their ship and annihilate their remains. The 'refugee ship' is a clear trap

>I'm sorry, Kes, but I can't treat you. You've been denied healthcare coverage because rape counts as a pre-existing condition.
What did they mean by this?

>that time when kim died
>that time going to warp 10 meant you turned into a frog
>that time for an entire season the show focused on liquid metal clones of the main cast

>Teleportation works in the Star Trek universe without killing people.

IMPLYING

It's pretty much directly stated that the transporters are just making copies
Hell in one ep of TNG a teleporter fucked up and so there are fucking two rikers running aorund

>you now realize that superficial changes in the positions of atoms in your body do not constitute a change in self and that what you think of as yourself is at a best a multicellular phenomenon easily replicable by advanced computation.

>you now realise everyone on the Enterprise has transporter psychosis EXCEPT for Barclay

>It's pretty much directly stated that the transporters are just making copies
It's stated that this is NOT the case.

>Hell in one ep of TNG a teleporter fucked up and so there are fucking two rikers running aorund
The transporter didn't fuck up. The second Riker was created by an anomaly inside the planet's atmosphere.

Star Trek is fiction, not reality. Wake up and learn the difference.

>Riker2 doesn't immediately murder the original and steal his life

took me right out of the episode desu

Which tricks would you use to keep up your libido while on a holodeck?

>Computer, randomise partner from all known lifeforms for each thrust
>Disengage safety protocols

>This meme again

the federation is a communist dystopia. everyone on the major worlds as all their needs taken care of and can spend their lives doing very little. so people are indoctrinated to explore and colonize other worlds. to send all that spare unproductive population out to the dangerous parts of the galaxy. where they could be killed by a strange disease, alien raids, etc. All so that they can bring back the only thing of value to the major world populations, novelty.

HISHE already covered the consequences of teleportation that can send you across the Galaxy and genetically engineered blood that can cure everything.

F'ing magnets! How do they work?

Teleporters turn your body into energy and data.

Replicators work off the same principle but produced simplified facsimiles because it requires less data and energy.

If you built a teleporter system big and powerful enough. you can hold someone's teleporter data with out holding the person. then use that to beam up people and convert them into a copy of another person and beam them back. allowing you to slowly takeover a ship by replacing the crew with Ensign Garys.

why was chakotay so suspicious towards the end? they seemed like a people of peace.

Just bring them up individually to prevent electrical infetterance

>indoctrinated to explore and colonize

I honestly never understood why the hell the Federation expanded all the time (Romulans said this) until I realised if they didn't, there would be massive overpopulation.

Humans live like 120 years or more, I don't remember, so how the fuck do you manage the population problem if you can't go full China because of muh freedoms? Expand all the time.

The Federation can only survive by expanding ad infinitum.

>post scarcity society
>overpopulation

This topic has been done to death shut the fuck up about it already

ION STORM
GRAVOMETRIC INTERFERENCE

Underrated

In which episode did the Romulans make that comment?

Ya I got confused by the people from the demon planet they went there the liquid copied the ship and people but how much time passed between when they left and the copies, and the demon ship headed back so how did the real voyager almost run into them shouldn't they be far away, I don't it seemed like typical voyager writing

Obrian has the worst life.

Anyone else think Roxann Dawson looks better with the B'Elanna make-up than without?

>wanting people to waste time and go in the transporter room just to see them

Why is O'Brien so selfish?

"Sir my wife reverse aged to eleven, permission to beam?"

think about it, he's talking about literal overpopulation. there would come a point where the skyscrapers are too tall, then it would come a point where moving to colonies would be cheaper than a small apartment in an Earth city, then normality and comfort would reassert itself, but only with more expansion.

Wait, what?

So it's Ghost in the Shell in space?

Yeah I thought I might be the only one but she does

This looks like a vaporwave album cover

That console had netflix and CoD 50

Guys, what are some really good TOS novels that also have audiobook versions?

Trying to find some for my nearly blind grandpa who loves TOS.

Best of both worlds

>quadruple redundancies on every system
>they all always fail

how bout no redundancies and use the extra shipspower to make your shields adamantium

DO YOUR JOB YOU INCOMPETENT LAZY POTATONIGGER

t. Sisko

I saw Chief O'Brien in a grocery store holodeck simulation yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him to beam me up or anything.

He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Sir?” but he kept cutting me off and going “sir? sir? sir?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Romulan ales in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Chief you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bottles and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electromagnetic infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bottle and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by replicating really loudly.

I have a real hardon for B'Elanna, especially supreme curly-hair version

>have to wear the badge at all times
>even in the shower

in that case i love being dead

>I'm going to go personally investigate this shit. All essential personnel, follow me!

>Deanna, you have the bridge

>Troi tries to get promoted
>fails repeatedly
>the solution was she had to kill Geordi in the simulation exam

Bit harsh. But worse still

>Dr Crusher already passed and apparently got it right the first time

Why was the crew so fucking racist against Geordi?

>it's an alien species that is a super heavy handed obvious reference to past earth events episode

That was such a cuntjob of Phlox.

You wouldn't be saying that if aliens had saved the KANGZ from dying off, allowing the white man to evolve to the dominant position on earth

Every time anybody talks about the population of planets it's usually less than a billion.

>it's a "prejudice is bad" episode

All starfleet command exams contain Geordi in some capacity. He just happened to work on the enterprise.

Why does it look like an extremely shitty version of the Windows XP desktop? Tasha is the paperclip.

Meant to post this. Kirk is a madman.

>Join Starfleet to escape rape gangs
>Leave Starfleet by a rapegang death

It's like poetry.

>Denise Crosby left TNG to make some shitty B movies and missed out on a lifetime of royalties
The absolute mad woman.

>Computer, create evil hologram intent on destroying the Enterprise
>Computer, disable all safety protocols

STOP RACEMIXING

2bh i don't think star trek actors get many royalties. if they did they wouldn't do conventions

Nobody knew at the time. It was 30 years since the original series, everyone expected it to die after 2 seasons and leave them typecast forever.

She gambled and she lost.

Eurasians have more neanderthal DNA than KANGS do though. If anything, some asshole Phlox screwed up over form developing into superwhites 40,000 years ago.

The T-1000 Voyager used a new super engine to get back faster than warp. It was the engine giving off energy that fucked their shit up. They leapfrogged over the real Voyager.

It's an "I'll let an entire species die off before I violate the Prime Directive (which doesn't exist yet) but I'll be DAMNED if I'm going to let this other species racially profile the timeline Al-Quaeda race" episode

Did someone say super engine?

>it's a ship system breakdown episode
>it's a holodeck episode

The old Geordika Maru.

still better than the Kobiyashi Maru. where you have to cheat in order to complete it.

the point of the Tori's command exam. is that you have to be able to order crew to their death in order to complete the mission.

The point of the KM is to lose and deal with that.

Cheating gets you a medal but it's missing the point

But my people weren't very welcome back then. I'm not going to Vics and you can't make me.