Breaking ties in soccer

>0-0 games

Why can't "shots on goal" be used as a tie breaker?

This would encourage more "attacking soccer".

Attached: Soccer tie.jpg (324x324, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TfXY-r9j_NY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They should just play sudden death until there's a goal. It's just jogging around and kicking a ball after all. Hardly that difficult.

Hello non-American friends

I'll assume you're all new here as not one of you has followed the standard procedure for when an American makes a post/thread about football. Allow me to teach you how to deal with this situation in the future.

So you've encountered a confused and angry American posting inane and dangerous opinions on a subject they know nothing about? don't panic and don't try to educate them as you will only encourage them to continue. All you need to do is reply to them with the three short lines of text below and you will improve Sup Forums for not only yourself but everybody else as well.
>That flag
>This topic
Opinion discarded.

If its not just an American post within a football related thread but an actual football related thread started by an American, just change the third line of text from "Opinion discarded." to "Opinion discarded, thread closed and hidden.".

If you've accidently read an American post/thread about football and find yourself in agreement with what they have posted, remind yourself of the infinite monkey theorem and follow the standard procedure.

Feel free to save this post to teach other new friends in the future and remember... only YOU can prevent Americans ruining football.

Attached: 48124791239.gif (500x61, 423K)

What's wrong? Can't you see that your "sport" is broken?

>sudden death
They couldn't handle these two words and called it "golden goal" for some stupid reason.

It was fine when they used it. Not sure why they stopped it.

they should switch from a net to football-esque uprights. no game would ever end in a tie again, and it would have higher scores than basketball.

0-0 league ties should be rewarded with 0 points

Yea. Why should teams get a point for doing absolutely fucking nothing?

They did nothing on offense, but defensively they held the opponent to 0 goals. I'm not sure how tying 0-0 is worse than tying 1-1

>Why can't "shots on goal" be used as a tie breaker?
that's the worst suggestion i've ever read

Team lower in the table gets 1 point, team higher gets 0

>the match is #10 vs #11
>#11 gets 1 point but #10 gets none
this just doesn't work, sorry

>keep 10 men in your own half at all times
>as soon as you get possession, attempt a blooter from your own half
>counts as a shot on target
>win every game 0-0
>Americans trying to fix a sport they claim to not even care about again
You really haven't thought this through have you? Fix your own sports first then come back to us

0-0 is more entertaining than 1-0

>Fix your own sports first then come back to us
Rule changes happen almost every year over here, just to improve things.

However, when it comes to soccer, it takes fucking forever for you fuckers to fix anything. Why is that?

0-0 ties should be punishable by summary execution of everyone on the field. The like using their stadiums for public executions anyway, no big deal. That will fix jogtie

>infinite monkey theorem
>that flag

Because it's a hard sport to "fix" especially when the fixes sugeested are as retarded as the OP. Plus there is an argument to be made that it doesn't really need fixing in the first place, especially changing the fundamental rules because Americans can't comprehend the idea of a tie.

>it doesn't really need fixing in the first place

Yea, soccer is really perfect as is.

Man, I remember when you fuckers were debating against goal line technology. It was pathetic.

>muh flow of the game

Attached: Frank-Lampard-ghost-goal-600x339.jpg (600x339, 40K)

var might disrupt the flow of the game but who the fuck is against goal tech?

I said there is an argument for the game not to be fixed, not that it was perfect
>American reading comprehension
Just fuck off back to your 4 hour luckswing and apehoop games will you? Though I suppose all those timeouts means you can keep going back to the fridge for more buffalo wings with an extra helping of ranch dressing without missing any of the "action"

I would be if I were you

why

stop pretending that you are retarded
Geez! It's 2018 and you still making these stupid threads about ties at football
It's not even funny anymore.

what's so bad about it

>f0-0tball

>we're just going to review goals no big deal it won't affect the flow
Then some important game has an egregious missed offside or something
>now we're gonna review offsides no big deal it won't affect the flow
some ball gets ruled out when it wasn't leading to a game winning corner kick or something
>we're gonna review out of bounds plays don't worry it won't affect the flow
rinse and repeat
They said the same thing about replay with our football and I was screaming like an autist that it was a bad thing when everyone thought it was a great idea and now everyone hates it because eventually it absolutely did destroy the flow

At least be wary of the precendent it sets and the foothold it allows to be entreched

Man, have you ever actually watched any games?

>le epic stupid americans LMAO xd
Fuck off you samefagging autist.

Sometimes they just can't convert it. Watch this highlight from your own league
youtube.com/watch?v=TfXY-r9j_NY

kkkkkkk esses gringo é tudo retardado da cabeça os cara só sabe joga com bola oval e fica querendo da palpite no esporte dos outros kkkkkkkkkkktomanocugringo

are you paid to make americans look dumb

why is it always the amerisharts whining about ties? they're part of the game, always have been

>football
>not football
Nice try

To be fair, if you were at a soccer game wouldn't you also want it to be over as soon as possible?

>1/3rd of soccer matches
Game ends 0-0
>1/3rd of soccer matches
A player flops and is given a penalty kick, which is essentially a free goal. 87 minutes later the game ends 1-0
>1/6th of soccer matches
The game ends 1-1
>1/6th of soccer matches
The game's actually somewhat interesting.

>A
>FUCKING
>LEAF

>who the fuck is against goal tech?
Oh, you weren't around when it was being introduced. So many people were against it, because it was so different. Some faggots back then were so traditionalist, they opposed any use of technology.

Why do North Americans always feel the need to constantly attack football? I find baseball and cricket boring as fuck but I don't keep making threads about it and shitposting in cricket/baseball threads.

because we want it to succeed. We want soccer to be more than just a meme played by poor people. We want it to live up to its true potential.

>Live up to its true potential
>Adding pointless rules
The rules are simple, fucking score.

>I said there is an argument for the game not to be fixed, not that it was perfect
What's wrong with fixing stuff that is broken?

You want it to succeed? The highest paid athletes are from football. The sport is played in poor countries and the countries with the highest HDIs.

Attached: map.png (4867x2164, 372K)

I think basketball is stupid yet I'm capable of not shitting up the board with countless threads on my uninformed opinions. Want to know my secret? I don't watch it. Its a strategy that tends to work.

Replay has ruined every sport it's been introduced in, and now you want it in soccer?

>fucking score
but you can not score at all and still get points. You could theoretically win your league and not score a single goal the whole season.

>It's another "American gives unsolicited advice on 'fixing ties'" episode
There is literally nothing wrong with ties. They do not need fixing. No one is asking for them to be fixed. Please stop.

Attached: inbruges.jpg (460x276, 49K)

>You could theoretically win your league and not score a single goal the whole season.
El AmericANO

>because we want it to succeed.
>We want it to live up to its true potential.
It's the most popular professional sport in the world by far and the UEFA champions league and World Cup are among the most-watched sporting events in the world. Literally what more "potential" can it live up to? How much more could it possible succeed when it's already at the top?

Name one example of a team who won a non garbage league while scoring less than 75 goals

>You could theoretically win your league and not score a single goal the whole season.
Explain.

>Replay has ruined every sport it's been introduced in
Replay helped reduce inconsistent officiating. What's wrong with that? Mind you, it's not 100%, but at least, it is not as bullshit.

If replay existed then, this goal would have been nullified.

Attached: Marashit.jpg (624x351, 84K)

Every team scores 0 goals, tiebreaker is awarded based on coin flip.

This is impossible in most other sports because they all play into a winner.

It is not realistic, but it is possible.

>You want it to succeed?
The way the rules of soccer are enforced right now. It is shit.

Its literally not possible

Theoretically it is

>Every team scores 0 goals, tiebreaker is awarded based on coin flip.
In what league? In most, if not all major European leagues, if the top of the table is tied, the winner of the league is decided by a playoff. In the extremely unlikely event that every team in a league goes through a whole season with 0-0 ties, this would trigger a knock-out tournament to decide the winner. Where did you get coin flips from?

Theoretically it's possible for literally any sport to have games where no one scores. What's your point?

I love soccer. I wouldn't change any major rules except the timekeeping (clock stops on """injuries""", no stoppage whatsoever) and flopping (each league should review

Thanks to VAR, I have a feeling we're going to see diving become pretty much obsolete.

We sure fucking hope so

That said, I don't know if we'll see the end of players rolling around on the ground after illegal contact because that's less for the sake of being a pussy and more to signal to the ref that a foul has taken place. It sucks but them's the breaks.

lyl

Based Tyroninho

>amer*can """""opinions"""""

Attached: images (18).jpg (470x313, 11K)

>Why do North Americans attack soccer?
Same reason Brazilians wear a tapir bone through their nose. It's part of our culture.

Saved

>7-1
"I know football!"
>7-1

Because we are used to manly sports like (American) football and hockey.
In our sport players play with broken bones, and serious injuries.
In the NHL a few years ago, a player literally died, and was revived.
He begged to go back into the game (was obviously taken to hospital immediately).
>This is the level of manliness we expect from sporting heroes.
When we watch soccer we see grown men -- fantastic athletes mind you -- play-acting, rolling on the pitch like children, faking contact, faking injuries, and generally acting in a weak and dishonest way.
And it makes us sick.
So we criticize that behaviour, because it taints an otherwise noble sport.

(Fwiw, I was a varsity (soccer) starter for 4 years in university...but I realize that until that aspect of the game is forced t change the sport has no real chance to gain much ground here. Though the MLS is much more palatable in that way.)

Attached: 149Tz058P757mfw2401.png (885x1075, 73K)

Lot's of world butt hurt in here at what is effectively a superior solution to a stupid sport. You can tell it's stupid since it's popular, and popularity only means the majority of low intelligence people watch it.

A game with no strategy is not a game, it's an activity.

Anyways, please feel free to suggest ways to make the sport watchable by people with IQ's.

I'd explain how all american games come with significant strategic components, but you won't get it, you don't understand strategy. See all wars you've ever fought, economic conditions, need for USA to do your fighting as you cannot afford your own forces, general decline of the euro "experiment", etc. All these are strategic goals of countries, all failed by everyone except China and to a degree Russia.

So, that's fine if you can't handle a little conversation about the game for the poor and stupid, it's to be expected. please do close the thread and hide it, you've self-selected yourself out of the conversation.

stop it jamaal

Attached: 1443642654715.jpg (220x273, 48K)

post ducks

Attached: dog-on-duck-1.jpg (409x306, 48K)