Attached: Umtiti.jpg (752x440, 26K)

Certainly not him.

Then who?

>Tall
>Strong
>Dominant in the air
>Can carry the ball
>Shouts and leads those around him

Literally has everything needed to be a top defender. Pity he's surrounded by brainlets like Lovren, Henderson and Trent

Attached: van dijk saints.jpg (225x225, 8K)

Umtiti plays with Pique or Vermaelen yet leads the best defense in Europe

certainly not that nigbot

or this palenig

Ramos and Bonucci.

Chiellini, Umtiti, Boateng - one of them

Unironically Pique.

Eric Bailly, when he's not kill.

why he even in Barca? Diversity quota?

this

Jamaal Lascelles
Beautiful British name

Are we ranking the best defender, the best ball playing defender or someone who's a bit of both?

Me

Because he's elite

Not him. Watching him defending against Colombia was painful (that penalty on top of it). Same could be said about Varane. They may shine when surrounded by great players, however, they seem unable to take leadership, which I find is an essential quality for a really great CB

>leads the best defense in Europe
kek
He's no leader, he's a companion.
It's like Varane in Madrid.
In the dressing room, he's as silent as the grave.
When the two are together with France, they don't do shit because they're both unfit to lead.
Ramos, Chiellini are leaders.

So? I'm talking about who is the best at defending

Lovern is a good defender

Memes aside he is actually pretty decent, only only problem is

Lovren is a good defender 3/5th of the time. The other 2/5th he's literally braindead

Van Dijk is really good, overpriced but you get exactly what it says on the tin

Azpilacueta or Ramos.

Azpilcueta would get exposed hard as a CB in a back four that didn't park the bus

Azpilacueta is the most versatile defender in the world right now but probably not the best CB. Christiansen could be the best in 5 years though.

Attached: thebest.jpg (1246x900, 92K)

3 years ago maybe, past it now.

godin

>Ramos
Ramos is mentally retarded.

Azpiculeta is unironically the best CB in the world at this very moment.

>tf
>tp

Boateng

Eric Bertrand Bailly

welcome to manchester :) welcome!

we hope you enjoy your stay!

Jonathan Steine

i used to be pretty good. but i rarely play anymore

Unironically Otamendi

>Bonucci
kek no, he ain't even top 10

Skriniar. He has mentality, good tecnique, tall, best scoring defender in Serie A, and he is 23 years old.

hummels

Gifted Spain a goal last game

when he was playing in france, he had a reputation of being very mature for his age, reliable. Although leadership was not his most prominent quality, people used to say he was quite vocal and spoke his mind.

unironically messi, since he started playing a deeper role

Vermaelen is second division tier desu.

How has Boateng been playing recently? Last time I checked the Bayern line-up, Süle was playing instead of him.

Come on man I'm a barca fan and even I can't call him the best in the world , he's not even the best in Barcelona yet .

Who's better? Pikek?

Poor to decent. Will still play ahead of Süle but is a shadow of former self. Hummels carries Bayerns defence as of now

One of the Spuds Waffels

depends what it says on the tin tbf

Godin
Any other answer is wrong

This

this

I'm with you on this one

>Bonucci
this one makes me sad, he was starting to look elite day in and day out all year being part of the historic Juventus backline during the Champions League run before they were dismantled by Real, a good Serie A season and he had a really good Euro 16 campaign to only go and switch over to Milan and get exposed in a shaky backline and then Italy fails to qualify for the World Cup.

and Otamendi has step up his game big time under Pep has looked solid for Argentina too.

Godin is the man. He reminds me of Vidic's style of defending but Godin is so much better.

Jalen Ramsey

This and it's not even close

Jimmy Pebbles

Not even the best CB on his team

SOON

Attached: rice.png (500x500, 278K)

this

Carles Puyol

Hummels

Everyone would ride his dick if he would play in spain or ingurland

Attached: wat_do.jpg (560x280, 66K)

Sami Hyypiä

Attached: GODQVIST.jpg (4050x2722, 3.2M)

Alderweireld
Godin (yes still )
Chiellini
Pikek

He literally plays most games high as fuck on painkillers, he might actually be braindead in those moments

>shakes referee hand
>breaks fingers
>out 4-6 weeks
>leaves pitch and takes boots off
>injures ankle, out additional 3 months

Hummels and Ramos

Finland

excellent retort

serious answer: Ramos
meme answer: Otamendi

too old

remember when Ramos was a RB?

the spanish Gabriel Mercado

The only true answer, even today:
Pepe.

Ramos is the clear answer. How can you be better than a scoring CB? I used to fucking hate him, then it slowly turned into appreciation. He's fantastic.

>the deluded city of portugal

>faggots saying ramos
come on la's

>He's fantastic.
at getting red cards
hopefully they're trolling

Ramos is shaky as fuck, the only reason anyone says that is because they assume Halal have the best player in every position

Varane, when he's not nervous.

this, it's actually amazing how such a good player can be completely shit at times.

>Varane
>Umtiti
>van Dijk
>Boateng
>Kompany
All of these are "European" men? hahahahhahahahahahahaha

Attached: 1512663726956.png (476x401, 165K)

Bouye is good but Ramsey is still more talented

Attached: 1518434742609.jpg (373x1920, 127K)

Dunno man, last season Bouye played better than Ramsey.
And then there are fellas like Talib, Peterson, Rhodes and Sherman that are on par with Ramsey too

La abominacion

Attached: mutt.jpg (1080x1080, 277K)

AVE MARÍA. Dios te salve, María, llena eres de gracia; el Señor es contigo; bendita Tú eres entretodas las mujeres, y bendito es el fruto de tu vientre, Jesús. Santa María, Madre de Dios, ruega por nosotros, pecadores, ahora y en la hora de nuestra muerte. Amén.

Spanish sounds like so funny

I agree you could argue those except Sherman and Talib. I would still take Ramsey though since he’s the youngest and arguably the best athlete. He can play outside or slot corner, up high at SS, or in the box