Ridley Scott Says A Sequel To The Original Alien Is Coming Up

>popculture.com/movies/2017/05/05/alien-covenant-ridley-scott-sequel-to-original-next-film/

>With Alien: Covenant just two weeks away from premiering, director Ridley Scott is revealing more of his plans for the franchise as the release date approached.

>There’s still no word on whether or not any followup will disregard the sequel films, such as James Cameron’s Aliens or David Fincher’s Alien 3.

>His comments also seem to clear up the reasons why Neil Blomkamp’s own plan for Alien 5 is not moving forward, as Scott intended to tell that story himself.

Ridley Scott killed Blomkamp's Alien.

Other urls found in this thread:

avclub.com/article/ridley-scott-says-prometheus-2-will-actually-be-al-225870
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

He also hinted his official sequel to Alien will ignore Aliens and Alien 3, rendering non-canon and erasing them from existence.

>"They were both trash anyway" Scott said before bursting into laughter. "It's time to take back control of my franchise. This is the house that Ridley built."

NONE OF MY OTHER MOVIES MAKE ANY MONEY OH WELL I'LL JUST LET MYSELF BE FORCED INTO REMAKING THE SAME FUCKING MOVIE EVERY FEW YEARS BECAUSE APPARENTLY IT'S THE ONLY THING THAT SELLS KILL ME PLS

can't wait for this hack to die

Good

Then Cameron can make a proper Aliens prequel

At least this hack gave up Blade Runner to Villeneuve

It's weird how if news came out that Cameron was spending the next ten years making five Alien films I would probably so happy I wouldn't know what to do. I'd run around like a little girl.

But instead when I remember he's spending the next ten years making five Avatar films instead it makes me want to vomit and die.

>1,323 days until Avatar 2
Kino is brewing. Can you smell it?

I smell something aright.

>days
>not neys
Get out.

fire him.

aliens was a better movie with better characters.
so of course the old senile fuck is jealous that aliens was more succesfull then his movie

JUST STOP

I hope that old, demented Alzhimer fuck kicks the bucket this year.

>He also hinted his official sequel to Alien will ignore Aliens and Alien 3, rendering non-canon and erasing them from existence.
I know you're trolling but god I hope this happens. Aliens was a braindead piece of shit flick

That article is a load of clickbait shit. He doesn't say anything about a sequel to Alien.

He only talks about the follow ups of Covenant leading to Alien.

aliens was awful and didn't age well. take off your nostalgia goggles and you'll realize this.

alien is an all time classic.

>aliens was awful and didn't age well

Mostly people disagree with you.

>"They were both trash anyway"
Press S to spit on scott's grave.
S

Alien is one of the best horror movies of all time.

Aliens is one of the best action movies of all time.

We talked about this. We settled this.

alien was much more than just a horror movie

aliens was a video game action movie and nothing else

JUST SAY THAT ALIEN ISOLATION WAS CANON YOU FUCKING HACK. A BUNCH OF RTS GAME AUTISTS MADE A FAR BETTER MOVIE THAN PROMETHEUS

i want to bang the alien

sure thing buddy

>spoopy
>atmospheric
>no metaphors just a murderbot chasing you through space.
its better than anything scott can come up with.

thing is, ridley scott has already done all of that in the first movie.

The only way I feel it would be acceptable for him to make a sequel to aliens would be if he shot a shot-for-shot remake of aliens with a new cast.

>better characters
Yeah! You tell them! Aliens had great new characters! Characters like Vasquez and...Bishop maybe? And...uhh...

Boring as fuck

Please for the love of god have a different reproduction cycle than your standard bug ones.

Aside from the metaphors (which is a positive) thing, you just described Alien.
But hey, if you enjoy the door-opening-simulator that is Alien Isolation then good on you.

I laughed out loud.

I love how Alien Resurrection isn't even mentioned.
It's that shit that it isn't even worth remembering.

Wrong.

Alien Isolation was great though.

queer

Well whaddya know, that's also exactly what Covenant is going to be

Why? I literally don't understand this. Aliens was good, but you could already see the cancer creeping in back then.
Anything James Cameron would do with a new alien film would be 10 times worse than Prometheus.

Salty employee without bonus detected...

>forgetting hudson
>forgetting hicks
>forgetting apone
>forgetting gormann.

Ignoring how wrong you are about the characters being better, the monster is what matters in horror movies

idiot

Yeah, that's right. I forgot about them.

>All these anons praising Aliens

KEK!

The aliens in aliens managed to be dangerous and terrifying.
That scene with the trackers when the aliens crawl across the ceiling and cut the power is pretty awesome.

ENOUGH
BLOMBLOM CAN'T WRITE.
IT WOULD HAVE LOOKED GOOD BUT HAD A SHIT STORY. A STORY LIKE "MUH RACISTS/MUH GENDER/MUH SOCIAL CLASSES" SHIT.
ANOTHER "POINT" HE TRIES TO PUT ACROSS.
Only District 9 was good.

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH HIM?? CANCELLING THE ALIENS SEQUEL...

THIS GUY HAS GONE THRU SOME BIG LIFE CRISES

They aren't though, the only reason they got overwhelmed is because the sentry guns ran out of ammo mowing down countless Xenomorphs.

That's not scary at all.

To be fair, Alien$ wasn't really horror. It was a generic action film with an Alien skin. It turned "the perfect organism" into useless gun fodder.

This is how you spot a pleb children

>Only District 9 was good.

Even the wasn't good. He's never made anything good.

I'm not sad at all his aliens got scrapped, but at this point can we count on Scott either?

Let me guess... Ridley didnt know what to do with Alien, came across Sup Forums and read the Aliens hate threads and now wants to surprise us with a sequel to Alien

he actually didn't say that, it was a stupid misinterpretation of one site to make a clickbait headline that all the other ones are scrambling over each other to repost

>“After that, unless we run out of steam, we’ll then come back in, come back into the rear end of Alien 1,” Scott said. “You’ll know full well by that point who the affectionately termed ‘space jockey’ is.”

This matches a quote from 2015:
>avclub.com/article/ridley-scott-says-prometheus-2-will-actually-be-al-225870
>" “We’ll go back in to the backdoor of the very first Alien that I did 30 years ago,”

What he's saying is that the film won't lead directly into Alien but rather coalesce with it by putting the Space Jockey into position

So, you fell for clickbait, congrats

>aliens exhaust their automated weapons
>attack from a direction that literally no one expected showing their intelligence.

Agreed, the aliens in part two were the faceless enemy every action flick has

Well SW is old now, so I guess if he is going to shoot a direct sequel to alien he could write it so her hypersleep chamber malfunctions and she woke up 30 years older. Jonesy would be dead though, that's like 210 in cat years.

I want Ridley Scott to just fuck off already

>mowing down countless Xenomorphs
watch the scene again chances are they didn't actually get any, maybe 1 or 2

you two are retarded and have no excuse, see

THIS IS BULLSHIT.

I want Alien 3 gone. I want to live in a universe where the first 2 Alien movies are the only thing we have for the franchise.

its not bad MCU doesn't exist either but then James is on avatar 16 and idk everyone's a bit over it, but he's also world president for life so what r you gonna do avatar 8 was pretty good

Best case scenario he leaves Aliens in continuity and makes a sequel to that while erasing Aliens 3 and everything after that from existence. (basically what bloomkamp was planning to do)