Help me write my paper

I have to write a 5 page essay comparing/contrasting Once Upon a Time in America to Taxi Driver. what topics would be good to focus on? So far I have the different types of antiheroes in each movie, the questions the endings leave us with, and Scorsece's overhead shots.

That sounds fascinating, never thought of it before... Travis undercut himself, but Noodles gets taken by Max. You could argue that there isn't an external villain in Taxi Driver.

Bump

What can I write about for the cinemetography in OUATIA, comparing it to the overhead shots scorcese introduced in taxi driver?

Bump

Goddammit, imagine if Gangs took place after the Civil War... then it would link up directly with Taxi Driver.

Talk about Noodles' return in 1968 and compare that with the end of Vietnam in '75.

>Dick Tracy comics lead to firearms
Doctor Wertham was onto something.

The overhead shot during this scene is the most memorable to me. It doesn't remind me of a shot in OUATIA, but the gun dealer character is an enabler sort of on par with James Woods.

You should write about what a .44 magnum can do to a woman's pussy.

What a .44 mag can do to a woman's pussy now that you should see.

I actually bought an 8' SW 629-3 Classic DX as a tribute to the 29 used in Taxi Driver

That is actually how I am opening my paper right now

>Film school
Kek
>Asking for Sup Forums's advice on an essay
You are wasting your money kid.

its a community college elective class

Haircuts
The one is more black than the other so more racially diverse
Guns used
The title

Bump im currently writing down the ideas in the paper you guys give me and my intro is phenomenal but I know my teacher is gonna shit on my paper so I know it'll be good.

“What a .44 magnum will do to a woman’s pussy, now that you should see.” Martin Scorsese’s quote became something of a pop-culture phenomenon as his film Taxi Driver was the driving force in bringing both him and actor Robert DeNiro into the spotlight. Searching for an artisan of film that shared in the utmost intellect of Martin Scorsese was a road frequented with dead ends, but Sergio Leone and his film Once Upon a Time in America was a selection that shared equal parts subjectivity, mystery, revisionism, and innovation. The comparisons found in this academic interrogation are derived from two films rife with vulgarity, carnal exploitation, violence, and primal instinct.

Still working on the intro, making it longer

bump

>writing papers
you should be out directing you faggot piece of shit

>film school
Compare young JCon to young JFos faggot. Everyone will try to focus on the main characters, but that's cliche and gay. Analyze what the females in their lives made them do is more interesting.

My nigga

you need an editor

If you really want to discuss something interesting, take on the alienation and disgust felt by De Neiro's character in the massive urban sprawl and its degeneracy. Leading to his violent outbursts, you could relate this to larger societal phenomena of alienated men committing violence and taking on criminals vigilante style. This happened in New York in the 70s and 80s, just google it (also that guy who shot Reagan for the little girl in the movie). You could also bring it back to violence as in the school shooting etc. done by alienated individuals, which is something Scorsese foresaw with this film, as De Neiro's character wasn't a vigilante, but just a violent man, you could analyze the environment that shaped him into a violent man. Don't be fag and just say that the city is not at fault, because the city is a den of degeneracy (especially 70s New York). There you go, flesh that out and you've got 3 pages at least.

thats what im gonna focus on but the teacher wants me to talk about different topics other than just the violence derived from loneliness, like cinemetography, evolution of narrative, filming style, etc. Im on page 2 right now. I called it GODS LONELY MAN, a quote from taxi driver

Oh, well I can't help you with that desu, I haven't see Once Upon a Time in the West either, so wouldn't know what to compare. Good luck senpai.

Protagonists are a central part to both films and will be discussed alongside the evolution of narrative, if the film truly ended, the questions the audience is left with, and the time periods the film reflect in relation to society at the time.
The narratives and plots of each film play out to be opposites of each other, yet the intellectual discovery of the protagonists are one in the same. Once Upon a Time, a Prohibition-era epic of friends growing up in a Jewish-American ghetto told mostly in flashbacks is a 4 hour look at “Noodle’s” life and intellectual growth whereas Taxi Driver is most certainly a look at the decline of man, society, and a pessimistic look at the future. A recurring theme is female companionship and rejection. Both characters are something of antiheroes played by the same actor. The narrative development in both films are vastly different in that Once Upon a Time is a look at the past and relies almost completely on retelling the past to develop its story, whereas Taxi Driver’s narrative consists of multiple events building up its antihero to make a decision at the end of the film.
Taxi Driver does not have an external villain and the intellect of its protagonist is much more subjective, while Noodle’s life is more objective. The broadest term both films have in common is loneliness. Both characters deal with a similar form of longing and loneliness, but each handle it in vastly different ways.

>teacher wants me to talk about different topics other than just the violence derived from loneliness, like cinemetography, evolution of narrative, filming style
Well, there you go. The teacher literally gave you the topics you should focus on. Get to work, faggot.

Some would argue that Travis was the villain.

They both present a picture of the modern city of atomised individuals and fractured communities exisiting side by side and in conflict with each other. They both paint incrediably bleak images of the urban and the people it nurtures