youtube.com/watch?v=Ij6bM0DZ3iA&index=11&list=PLDC8EBBA2D0FF5AFB
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

A more true statement would be:

>Wealth and success don't necessarily make you happy
It'd be true then.

True.

I'd rather be rich and unhappy than broke and miserable

A more believable statement from DiCaprio would be:
>Wealth and success make you able to tell regular people what to think.

Depends, lots of times yes, especially success.

Why has Leo suddenly gone full SJW?

Money would literally solve all my problems. But its easy to say money doenst buy happiness if you are rich

Based Leo

it's not that wealth makes you happy, it's that wealth gives you a launching pad to get you to achieve your goals - achieving your goals makes you happy

For Leo's case it's acting in movies and banging supermodels

I get sad watching people get rich and never do anything cool with it. At least I haven't heard much.

I secretly think he might be bullshitting and laughing at us rationalizing our lack of comparative success. How stupid could you be to become less happy with a billion dollars?

>except winning that well-deserved Oscar. I'm really happy about that

the space x guy is cool though, but he is uber rich.

it's sure as fuck better than poor and useless

I'm "rich" and I feel happier than 70% of the world I'm sure.

Notice how only people with wealth and success will say this. It's easy to say you would be fine without food for a week when you are eating 3 meals a day.

Hard earned success does though. It's be weird if he actually said that though since it implies he doesn't really try to act.

there was a study that showed that money does indeed make people happy, but you hit hardcore diminishing returns at ~90k$.

most people just want enough to be comfy.

Y'all hate but Leo made a lot of good movies

Wealth prevents you from encountering things that make you unhappy. Like living in a crime ridden area.

These people usually are interested in accumulating their wealth, or they're very passionate about what they did to accumulate it that they spend most of their time on that. Buffet is a great example.

Its not fucking rocket science, if you're a sadcunt autist and you get a load of money you're not going to be legitimatly happy, you'll spiral into a pit of consumerism and basically be that Dan Bilzerian or whatever his name is guy and you will become more and more crippled as you realize there's actually no way out of your sadness, not even tonnes of money. Then you'll off yourself.

If you're a normal and mentally healthy person to begin with, money will make everything better.

Money is basically just an amplifier of your current mental state.

Never do anything with it?

Like live lavish posh lifestyles, fly the globe, fuck off in beautiful locales, meet and grope hot models, pursue hobbies, eat extremely well, workout your body to amazing shape, etc.

It sounds like they dont do shit with it.

"totally false"

- President Donald J. Trump

Money may not buy you happiness, but at least you can cry it all out in your lamborghini while banging the hottest top model in town. Excuse me while I masturbate my self-hatred away to femboys doujins.

Ya must be terrible knowing you'll have rent this month.

I exceed, in terms of assets, the 2015 GDP of Montenegro.

I drive a 10 year old Volvo and wear clothes until they fall apart. I go on holiday twice a year. My phone cost me £50. The last expensive thing I paid for was a repair job on my roof.

>make
He starred in them. He didn't make it any more than the guy or gal next to him who was probably a better actor or actress.

>suddenly

where have you been? he's been saying shit like this for years

If thats true then why does the left care so much about taking away the upper classes money?

draw (YOU) like one of his French girls.

>you want him don't you?
another prissy Hollywood bastard, oh no. my life is so hard. I'll Robin Williams myself!

sorta
true happiness comes from within
wealth and success can ward off unhappiness though

True.

People who win the lottery do this, or two bit popstars.

I go on good holidays to secluded places but I take the most convenient, cheapest flight. Or I drive. Why would I pay five thousand pounds to fly "first class" with all the Instagram models and recruitment company CEOs?

>no kids
probably his issue

>im rich guys. trust me.

yeah.. no it doesnt make you happy. it makes being a cog in the wheel tolerable.

also, he's not what i consider rich. he is wealthy.

i consider the rich to be the koch types. rothchilds. morgans. etc;

Does it bother you that you didn't earn it so that down the line your offspring wont know how to provide and will be poor?

im sure you're worth more than 5 bill, britbong

hitler makes me happy

idk, happiness adjusts, you get use to not buying things, and all the exotic locals get to be just everyday stuff. you think?

They believe there's a threshold.

Below it, your quality of life is reduced.

Above it, your quality of life is constant.

$30k is one figure I've seen then use.

i can understand the issue with having lots of excess money. you might have issues trusting people, thinking they only like you for your money. paranoia is a shitty thing and money makes you a target. still, there's absolutely no downside to having just enough money to where you don't ever have to worry about money again

It's true. But, rich people have different problems.

You can be pissed at him for having such fabulous privilege but I think its like Trump, only a man who has been that can be against that.

Its lonely to just be rich and every model wants to bang you for gifts and diamonds but that turns off all the women who would really love you.

It's closer to ten.

>Wealth and success don't make Leo happy

How did you acquire such amazing wealth, user?

boot licking faggot

That's really only true for celebrities. They get hounded by the press and pressured to live way beyond their means so they're always just a few years from financial ruin if things go bad.

If you get rich from entrepreneurship or inheritance, it's totally different. Then, all that wealth does is give you the opportunity to do whatever you want, without any social downsides. If that isn't enough to make you happy, you were never going to be happy anyway.

You kinda have rich and wealth mixed up.

Lebron James is rich.

The white man who writes his check is wealthy.

He should reword that so it's clear the only reason he isn't happy is that he is famous.

uh.. no i dont..

"eat the rich"
"richie rich"

whatever the fuck else.. its semantics anyway.. who gives a shit.

I inherited virtually everything and sold off large amounts of it.

None of it came from my own work, which never really bothered me as much as you would think.

YES

hook me up with $2,000,000 so i can live off the interest

gibs me dat

Technically true, but it does give you the resources to find whatever DOES make you happy.

There are only a handful of people in Britain with fortunes around $10 billion, and none of them strike me as 4channers.

I suspect you're lying.

he said he had 10 billion, my man

still... youd think a please would be in order.

>privileged white guy
>complaining about not being happy

well if I have 10 billion I won't be on 4 chan, guarantee that.

when you have money you don't have to worry about things that'd make you unhappy like hunger, most diseases, and crime

Only dumbasses think money doesnt buy you happiness. No one who has ever made that statement has wired me 100k to prove their point, and I generously offer to accept their horrible burden of wealth every time this comes up.

Companionship can fulfill you.

Money and success is water that no matter how much you have, will never quench your thirst.

I've earned 12 million USD so far this year. You have succeeded in making me feel like a poorfag.

I drive the same car as when I was broke, and I still spend almost all of my waking hours in front of this glowing screen, surrounded by mountains of month-old fap tissues and trash.

What's the point of going outside when there's always another thread to click?

True. While wealth and success can eliminate essentially any problem happiness is fleeting regardless of what we covet and obtain.

Ask the man who loves money what they want more of and how much would be enough.

i don't beg

why wouldn't you? you think people with money stop doing normal things like browse the internet and eat at mcdonalds?

what's the time in bongland right now, 4 am?

I already don't have to worry about that, and the serious stuff, aids,cancer, money can't fix.

Doesn't include overseas assets, or an accurate land estimate.

I am on there though.

True, but it helps.

easy to say that when you're rolling in it. Fuck off.

Easy for that faggot to say that with everything he has

Then why is he still rich

to be fair decaprio is a god tier actor and the stupid shit he says is far from unbearable compared to most of hollywood, he gets a pass from me and i luv him always

so youre a nigger?

>gibs me dat
>wtf is the word pleeze?

if I was rich, I would buy the mcds and drive a bulldozer trough it.

They surveyed people who made various amounts per year and I can't remember if it was 70k or 700k per year, but they found when they reached that much annually their happiness stopped going up and plateaued.

>nigger

That's a semantical impossibility.
Success implies happiness.

They don't make you unhappy either. Of course, there's other factors to consider which can influence to a great extent whether you're happy or not.

I'd have to have both to test this theory. I'm broke and washed out but I think pretty much every negative in my life would be gone with money. The problems it introduces are ones I'd love to have.

ONLY PRIVILIEGIEY NOW IT WOMANS. COSE NOT ENOUGTH WOMANS. COSE NEED HUMAN CLONING PLAND TO MAKE BRITNY SPEARS CLONES FOR EVEREBODY!

70 thousand dollars my man. Every dollar after is currency for the ego and fuel for greed and alteration of the true self

Faggot Shit Written By Faggots "I AM HOLIER THAN THESE OTHER DISGUSTING FAGGOTS" says disgusting faggot.

is how I read the image

These posts are always fucking stupid
If wealth and success don't make you happy, then you should go fucking donate it and live like a bum to see what you're suggesting
>It's okay! Keep living in the gutter! I assure you that my $217 million net worth isn't making me happy at all

>sjw
>surrounds himself and bangs top models

I couldn't even buy a new Maserati that does 185 for 70k...

Every rich asshole will say shit like that as a way of getting sympathy points from you people.

Having wealth doesn't make you happy, but it does prevent certain forms of unhappiness. Earning wealth is where the enjoyment comes from, but the pleasure people get from earning money is addictive in nature, not satisfying at all, and this should be kept in mind when pursuing it. The only thing inherently wrong with seeking wealth is that you will not be pursuing other things which may be more beneficial to you in the long run.

This. Being rich means less financial stress.

slowly wasting our lives away

Or are we?

What else is there to be had anymore? I'd give my left nut to work on/with IT systems in space, on habitats, on a lunar moonbase, on satellites.

But we've completely fucking forgotten about doing anything great. Our countries just stagnate now.

>Every dollar after is currency for the ego and fuel for greed and alteration of the true self

This. Not necessarily, depends entirely on the person and what they want/need.

youtube.com/watch?v=BXWvKDSwvls

Wealth and success puts you in a position where you can tell other people wealth and success won't make them happy, that way no one will bother to contend your position

youtube.com/watch?v=Ij6bM0DZ3iA&index=11&list=PLDC8EBBA2D0FF5AFB