Dear rich Dora Standpipe

how I love her!

Other urls found in this thread:

skarchomp.tumblr.com/post/141518763531/call-out-post-for-those-confounded-dover
vine.co/v/ixiKjqAQze2
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i don't like those dover guys

Stop. Don't turn this beloved WB cartoon into a meme.

I HATE TOM

>WB cartoon

They're not even owned by WB user, they're public domain.

A public domain property , I'LL STEAL IT, NOW ONE WILL EVER KNOW

I HATE DICK

The tumblr boogieman gets cited a lot around here but this is legit a tumblr effort to turn The Dover Boys of Pimento U into a meme like fucking sad pepe or WHAT ARE THOOOSSEE.

Please cease and desist.

>turn the dover boys into a meme

They already were a meme, so "tumblr" is kind of late on that boat.

Dover Boys being a meme has been a thing since old Sup Forums, please swallow glass

Jesus fuck, that voice puts me to tears every god damn time. How the hell do they do it?

Well it was a dead meme that's been picked back up. Leave it alone for fucks sake.

how does a cartoon going PD suddenly make it a meme?
It's been on youtube forever, hell Sup Forums has a had plenty of threads about it. Remember the dan backslide template from years ago?

They were already a meme, and their recent public domain status was of course something that would get them posted here more often, but I really think we need to stop stretching every single cartoon short out into threads like this
I mean really?

The tumblr thing doesn't hold a lot of water, but honestly how many threads do we have to have
Especially ones we've had several times

NO ONE WILL EVER KNOW

What's the sudden popularity for this cartoon?

I remember I watched it years ago but don't remember anything about it.

Underrated

It became Public Domain

I've seen it all over tumblr lately for some reason. Not sure if it becoming public domain was the reason or not.

Honestly I love seeing this shit coming back around meme-wise because the cartoon itself still holds up as being funny as hell.

There was this popular tumblr post floating around for a while about the dover boys. Then it got reblogged by a popular person and memes ensued. Compared to other unfunny content like "le zodiac killer" that gets spammed on a daily basis, it's a breath of fresh air to see something funny for once.

agreed, let it die in peace.
I mean mentioning it is fine, but for fucks sake forcing this shit everyday is tiring.

father's money.

It has nothing to do with it going into the Public Domain because that happened years ago.

It's because of this

skarchomp.tumblr.com/post/141518763531/call-out-post-for-those-confounded-dover

I was reminded of it just a few days before it started getting reposted. It might just be that something else popular was reminiscent of it and a bunch of people were reminded of it.

Well with Cruz out of the race the meme should stop unless he starts killing again.

is this jojo?

The public domain?! Then the copyrights must be ALONE AND UNPROTECTED

vine.co/v/ixiKjqAQze2

Was the dark skinned dover boy indian or something?

A thread... I'LL POST IN IT, NO ONE WILL EVER KNOW

Fucking SJWs forcing diversity into muh cartoons. Someone call the guy who made this cartoon and tell him he needs to stop pandering to tumblr. This shit has to stop!

Will you fags stop bitching about this cartoon being a meme? Yeah, it's an old meme, but that doesn't mean it isn't funny or it isn't a classic.

10/10

His introduction states that he's from Florida, so he's just tanned.

> work from '42 comes into public domain
> culture is enriched

Imagine a world where copyright was only 20 years.

DRAT THEM!

DOUBLE DRAT THEM!

Fucking A

Stand up and fight, you coward, bully, cad, and thief!

It used to be only 20 years, but the kikes keep extending how long after the creators death till something is in public domain.

They're about as public domain as Bugs Bunny is. I.e. you could probably convert the short from 16mm/35mm and sell it on a home format and WB wouldn't give a shit, but it's not like the characters and the remastered versions of the short are free to use.

>Out and away, the most popular fellows at ol' P.U. are the three Dover Boys

>Tom, the fun-loving member of the trio

>Dick, a serious lad of eighteen summers, plus a winter in Florida, as related to the Dover Boys in the Everglades

>And Larry, the youngest of the three jerks, uh...brothers

Weren't they in a crowd shot in Space Jam? I'm sure WB could take that to court if they cared.

I

You're 6 years late, pal
Cant illustrate my point without gettin b&

what's his name again?

COWARD BULLY CAD AND THIEF

>Handbook of Useful Information

>here-comes-tom-with-the-dab.avi

wb think they slick

SHE dabbin

The faces Tom make are fucking hilarious.

You don't understand copyright law. Bugs Bunny, the character, is not in the public domain, because while several of his shorts are public domain, the once from which he originates is not. The Dover Boys and Dan Backslide are public domain now, because the short they come from also is.

I don't use Tumblr. Can you post some of their content for those of us who are too SJW-averse to go there? I can't get enough of these memes.

just go to the site and search dover boys
it's not like you're gonna get a bunch of social justice posts

That'll only get me the latest ones, not the best ones. To get the best ones, I'm gonna have to wade through shit.

>DELETE HER DAN BACKSLIDE

So, this was the cartoon that made Charles Shultz's career.

Should they have made Dover Boys into a running series?

I think Dan Backslide could have carried it

It's called Osomatsu-san.

But they're brothers, so wouldn't they all be from Florida?

It only makes a joke of a vacation in Florida. He's probably some sort of ethnicity, Indian seems to fit well.

YES the Dover Boys has been a meme for years, but it fizzled out and there is no denying that it's only being posted again now because Tumblr recently found out about it.

People have been spamming Dover boys threads every day for a week now, and it's going to get to the point where mods start pruning them and then some faggots will decide to make a Dover Boys General
THEN the shit will start and there will be thread after thread of Tom/Dan Backslide slash fiction, Dovercest shipping and people posting fan art of Dan Backslide sniffing Dora Standpipe's feet.

We have the power to stop this now before it turns ugly, Sup Forums.

But user, all of that sounds fucking hilarious.

We can't stop it, user; tumblr is already on it. Lay back and enjoy the ride.

When will Japan get a hold of it so we can get the Dover Lolis of Pimento U

Why the sudden change to lolis? I just don't feel the cartoon would work with lolis.

This short is older than everyone on Sup Forums combined, it'll be fine.

Diane Backslide: Confound those Dover Girls

>Japan
>Why the sudden change to lolis?

Japan

Not everything Japan is loli, it's popular there, sure, but not everything Japan is loli. Just keep the cartoon the way it is.

Anime adaptions of things tend to just turn them into little girls though, like those shows about boats, tanks, airplane pilots, countries, eldritch horrors, squids, and guns.

When's Batman v Superman v Backslide?

I hate to be the one to point this out, but the character in the middle doesn't exist and the Japanese in this is nonsense.

reminder that /mlp/ used the they drive me to drink meme before any of this

You mean from that really long pmv from 2011/2012?

>showing your new
Since the first threads in this board

I HATE TOM

I HATE DICK

AND I HATE LARRY

Some brothers grow up apart from each other, lord knows I did.

These guys need to be made into /coco/ bizarre adventure characters.

How i love her!

Tom, Dick and Larry as morbidly obese, vitiligo-stricken lesbians when?

-- Father's money.

vine.co/v/ixiKjqAQze2

Yes, but the short has never had to survive internet fandoms before now.

Nothing in the past 70 years has come close to the evils of internet fandoms.

I'LL PISS IN THIS JAR AND CALL IT GRANNY'S PEACH TEA! NO ONE WILL EVER KNOW!

Release MARTHA, Dan Backslide!

The whole cartoon is basically a meme. The creators were high and didn't give a fuck when they made it.

It's pretty great tho.

It also has one of the earliest prodigious uses of smearing, which was one of the reasons others thought it to be absolute shit.

I HATE SUPERMAN
I HATE BATMAN
AND I HATE WONDER WOMAN
THEY DRIVE ME TO THINK

Underrated