WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

>Director James Gunn added Ego as Star-Lord's father before learning that the characters rights belonged to 20th Century Fox. The studio eventually traded Ego to Marvel Studios in exchange for Negasonic Teenage Warhead, who appeared in DEADPOOL.

>Gunn was advised against including a particular alien race, the Sneeps, because their name resembles the Icelandic slang for female genitalia. The studio eventually relented to their appearance.

>Early drafts included the Nova Empire. John C. Reilly and Glenn Close were approached to return as Daenerian Rhoman Dey and Nova Prime Irani Rael, but Reilly was unavailable due to scheduling conflicts, and was ultimately written out alongside Rael.

>Early drafts included the Collector, but Benicio Del Toro couldn't return to scheduling conflicts.

>Early drafts featured Adam Warlock as the Sovereigns' secret weapon, but the character was ultimately cut as he was superfluous to the narrative.

>Early cuts featured a longer segment on Earth including cameo appearances from Nathan Fillion as fictional actor Simon Williams and Gregg Henry as Grandpa Quill in a scene filled with Easter Eggs but both were ultimately cut from the movie.

>Early cuts featured a sixth post-credits scene in which Gamora and Mantis hearing the screams of one of the Ravagers who were pierced by Yondu's arrow and has presumably been forgotten and screaming in agony throughout the third act of the movie. This was deleted as test-audiences didn't get the joke.

>Early cuts featured a minor scene of Drax loudly slurping soup to his teammates' annoyance which was cut for time.

>Matthew McConaughey was approached to play Ego, but ultimately declined, and Kurt Russell was cast at Chris Pratt's suggestion. Liam Neeson and Gary Oldman were also considered.

>David Bowie was slated for a cameo before his death in 2016.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QPX2jfWru-A
youtu.be/_uUh2A1IH7U?t=36s
youtu.be/jl17CYYSzUw?t=42s
youtube.com/watch?v=yERildSsWxM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The first movie.

>Peyton Reed and Anna Boden & Ryan Fleck were approached to direct the movie before James Gunn was hired.

>Nicole Perlman wrote the first - and very different - draft of the script: Star-Lord was an U.S. pilot who is accidentally jettsioned to another galaxy in a military experiment gone wrong and joins forces with a group of intergalactic outlaws to stop the Badoon from conquering the galaxy.

>Early drafts featured Richard Rider joining the Nova Corps and developing a feud turned friendship with Star-Lord, but Gunn scrapped the concept in order to streamline the narrative.

>Early drafts featured Bug as a member of the team; appearances by Adam Warlock and Rom, the Space Knight; and included the Badoon as Ronan's army and the Spartoi as the Krees' lifelong enemies.

>Early cuts featured ELO's "Living Thing" and Norman Greenbaum's "Spirit in the Sky".

>Early cuts featured Stan Lee as one of the items in the Collector's inventory, but it was cut for being too meta.

>Joel Edgerton, Eddie Redmayne, Jensen Ackles, Jack Huston, Cam Gigandet, Sullivan Stapleton, Logan Marshall-Green, Garrett Hedlund, Chris Lowell, James Marsden, Jim Sturgess, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Aaron Paul, Michael Rosenbaum, Wes Bentley, John Krasinski, Lee Pace and Glenn Howerton auditioned for Star-Lord before Chris Pratt was cast.

>Gina Carano, Olivia Wilde, Rachel Nichols, Thandie Newton, Elizabeth Banks and Adrianne Palicki auditioned for Gamora before Zoe Saldana was cast.

>Jason Momoa was approached for Drax, but refused to cut his hair for the role. Djimon Hounson, Brian Patrick Wade and Isaiah Mustafa auditioned before Dave Bautista was cast.

>Jim Carrey, Adam Sandler and David Tennat were approached to voice Rocket before Bradley Cooper was cast.

>Gal Gadot auditioned for Nebula before Karen Gillian was cast.

>Marvel Studios offered to allow Fox to retain the rights to Daredevil in exchange for using Silver Surfer and Galactus in the movie, but Fox declined.

explain to me why an adult man would pay to see a movie for children.

They should have cut back on Drax's laughing and pointing things out. Less is more.

the fruit not being ripe joke was not funny by the time Nebula did it to the ravagers.

the gamora quill romance was unnecessary.

the surface of ego made me think about that episode of futurama where leela almost marries the shapeshifter.

why did no one think it was odd that Ego had the museum display pods ready to explain his history?

>why did no one think it was odd that Ego had the museum display pods ready to explain his history?

His name is EGO.

This is the best capeshit since winter soldier

>the surface of ego made me think about that episode of futurama where leela almost marries the shapeshifter.
That's what I thought also.

>Matthew McConaughey was approached to play Ego, but ultimately declined, and Kurt Russell was cast at Chris Pratt's suggestion. Liam Neeson and Gary Oldman were also considered.
o fug, these are the worst

I like McConaughey but Russell was ideal for the role. I can't really buy McConaughey as Chris Pratt's father. Neeson and Oldman are also cool but don't have that easygoing warm charm that Russell has.

No Bowie hurts.

>U.S. pilot who is accidentally jettsioned to another galaxy in a military experiment gone wrong and joins forces with a group of intergalactic outlaws to stop the Badoon from conquering the galaxy.
That's weird, where the fuck have I heard this one before?
Oh wait, that was the goddamned Farscape pilot.

I fell asleep to this movie

The other recent movie I fell sleep to was Lego BATMAN

The soup scene.

youtube.com/watch?v=QPX2jfWru-A

John Crichton was the Soverign military officer in charge of the drone pilots. You see him with the High Priestess Ayesha.

Women are horrible writers

>Kurt Russell was cast at Chris Pratt's suggestion
what a bro

It is also similar to Star-Lord's original backstory from the comics

>Alien shows on Earth and approaches NASA to pass on his gear to a worthy human.
>Peter Quill doesn't get picked to be the guardian of the galaxy and gets butthurt enough to steal the alien's gear and blast off into space to stir up shit instead.
>Shit gets too real and he ends up maturing the fuck up and forming the Guardians of the Galaxy.

>>David Bowie was slated for a cameo before his death in 2016.
FUCK THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN PERFECT

what was up with all the cameos?

are actors just doing it to stop the fan casting and constant calls to be in a cape flick?

>Do a cameo in a big capeshit flick, have your kids think your actually cool instead of completely lame for a weekend.

The entire reason the original actor played Dumbledore was because his grandkids thought it would be awesome, it wasn't a project he personally cared about.

Can someone spoil all the post credit stuff?

I'm sorry. I really liked the first one but this one was chock fucking full of jokes that didn't land and just scattershot plotting.

Fuck y'all, I laughed my ass off. I'M MARY POPPINS Y'ALL! I even got the Normie's to clap with me.

Mostly jokes.

The 2 non-joke scenes involved the head Sovereign high priestess showing that she's creating Adam Warlock, and other ravagers (that consists of the original 1969 Guardians of the Galaxy from the comics, minus Yondu) getting back together

Movie was worth it just for her.

Who was the actor who played that pompous Sovereign who almost took down the Milano when the guardians were flying through the quantum field?
his face was fucking perfect. He looked so creepy

Also Stan Lee is officially a watcher.

Stallone shows up as the grand ravager.
a

also Nathan Fillion is Wonder Man but cut from the movie, but will return in later movies.

>Kraglin tries to use Yondu's arrow and accidentally stabs Drax.

>Sylvester Stallone's character Stakar reunites the Ravager commanders to pull off a big heist. They are the characters that comprised the original Guardians of the Galaxy in the comics: Aleta (Michelle Yeoh), Charlie-27 (Ving Rhames), Martinex (Michael Rosenbaum), Mainframe (Voiced by Miley Cyrus) and Kruggar.

>High Priestess Ayesha creates the perfect weapon to destroy the Guardians and names him "Adam", a reference to Adam Warlock who is a major character in the comics.

>Edgy teenage Groot refuses to clean up his room.

>Stan Lee in an astronaut suit reporting to the Watchers, the peeping toms of the galaxy. They get bored by the tale of his adventures as a Earth postman and leave him stranded on a barren moon.

Spirit in the Sky isn't in the first one? I really thought it was

Wait Stan Lee was in the first xmen is he a watcher in that universe and the Raimi universe too?

its on the OST and I think the first trailer

Stan Lee is ubiquitous and eternal.

>>Matthew McConaughey was approached to play Ego, but ultimately declined, and Kurt Russell was cast at Chris Pratt's suggestion. Liam Neeson and Gary Oldman were also considered.

surprised this even happened. Kurt Russell nailed that part perfectly.

Ah, that's probably why I thought that then. Overall these changes seem like they were probably for the best. Imagine GotG with Aaron Paul, Rachel Nichols, Jason Momoa and Adam Sandler with Gal Gadot as Nebula

Epic! I would have recognized that guy and started clapping! WOO POP CULTURE right guys? I'm such a nerd lol.

Run into a knife.

Haha! I get that reference.

Fuck off.

>touched a nerve
Go back to facebook then faggots.

>dude

xD

So quirky, my wife's son will love it!

This.

Fan theory here...but, MCU, raimi spider-man, webb spider-man, and X-Men are the multi verse(referenced in Dr.Strange) which is why there are so many Spider-Men, Hulks, Daredevils, Quicksilvers, etc and Stan Lee is passing through then all...watching.

Painfully obvious samefag

Is that why he was wearing a spacesuit like the other Watchers? Come on user think before you post.

>only 4/5
Nice try though.

>Peyton Reed
Went on to direct "Ant-Man"

>Anna Boden & Ryan Fleck
Are directing "Captain Marvel"

>tfw you'll never work at Marvel and be set for life.

There's going to be a scene in infinity war where everyone is beaten and Stan Lee breaks the 4th wall and saves everyone isn't he?

>why did no one think it was odd that Ego had the museum display pods ready to explain his history?

It's always funny sci-fi movies with tech in it and shit always do this when a character explains background story or their story or whatever.

Like..I feel like everyone gives scenes like these free passes, but in the context of the actual movie or show, it almost never makes fucking sense.

I always roll my eyes during these kind of exposition dump scenes in sci-fi shit.

Stan Lee drinking the Brazilian soda with Hulk's blood means he's not a Watcher. That's how they found Bruce Banner. That's NOT watching, that's interfering.

in man of steel it was ok. it was all running from the Jor-El AI that was sent with Kal-El, and running on the metal pixel display on the old science ship.

>that fuckhuge list of actors auditioning for Star-Lord
kek, imagine all the possibilities

We have museums, you now. You can visit them and learn the history of a place or even a specific person depending on where you are.

Hell, I'm sure there is one dedicated to the Un family in North Korea.

>>that fuckhuge list of actors auditioning for Star-Lord
and can you believe it's only cause he got a job on Jurassic Park. Once an actor gets a lead role in a mega movie other studios dick ride them too hoping it works out in the end because if another studio is willing to bet 500 million dollars on a lead role for them their risk is lessened. This doesn't always work though see Sam Worthington's career.

>Watchers
>not interfering
pick one but ocasionally two

but why would Ego have one, already made? he doesn't have guests.

all he has is mantis. the only building on the surface of Ego, should have been a tiny house for mantis. Since Ego's human form didn't need housing.

Ego, if he wasn't a monster that had made this show for countless numbers of children, he then murdered; should have made the building the Guardians stayed in, on the spot in front of them.

Gunn said that had he not been convinced to audition Chris Pratt he would offer the role to Glenn Howerton.

What part of him saying in context of the movie didn't you understand. He set up this nice little display in his 'home' for when he one day would MAYBE find his son and could explain to him and his friends what his purpose is

Demi-god can't even sculpt actual representations and has to use faceless mannequin looking representations.
As far as the movie goes, that was literally for the audience, as it is most of the time. And eventually when you actually think about it from the plots standpoint, it's pretty dumb.

Sci fi movies can't help themselves

He had many guests. Did you not see all of the bones of his other children?

Fuck that sjw phaggot, pratt's a real man

We will never see Bowie as himself hanging out in some space bar with Howard the Duck

but the guardians didn't know until ego reveals himself to be the badguy

so they should have been suspect. at least gamora was.

Too busy dying from the epic quippage

>Drax's laughing
Agreed. After the third time I was just kind of groaning as his laugh started to feel fake or forced or perhaps noticeable that Bautista's not a great actor despite being much better this time around.

I think it would've benefited quite a bit if his laughs were varied instead of the same one over and over again.

Fuck that Bowie is a good actor when playing weird people. He was a good Tesla. They could have utilized him better than "Hey kids, it's David Bowie" as he gets high with Donald Duck and drifts into space as Space Oddity plays.

No ones laugh but Rockets really feels genuine. I mean I know they are all acting, but they are bad at pretending to laugh.

I kept hearing how funny the scene is where empath girl touches Drax while he's laughing and starts laughing too. Then actually seeing it I didn't laugh at all because they are both awful at fake laughter.

>Thandie Newton

I swear, that bitch needs to fuck off already. Her shit was barely ok, but once Newton 2.0 arrived(Saldana) in Hollywood, she didn't stand a chance.

Yeah, Bradley can laugh.
youtu.be/_uUh2A1IH7U?t=36s

Ronan could have used some more development time in the first movie. to show what a theatrical blowhard he was. thanos calls him out on it, but they really didn't convey it to the audience well enough. which makes the whole Dance Off at the end so weird.

Ronan wanted his big theatrical ending as he wipes out Xandar. Then it just gets derailed by this human wanting to dance.

Fuck off man, batista's a genuinely good actor, one of the best in the wwe, leagues ahead of the rock, that's for sure

Look I don't give a fuck about whatever your point was I am just glad somewhere here called that song Space Oddity and not something like "Ground Control to Major Tom".

Goddam I've had this movie on DVD for a while and still haven't seen it I need to watch this shit already.

>Space Oddity
>Not Starman

Up your game.

It's a terrible movie, btw. David O. Russell doesn't know how to make a simplistic, straight to the point movie to save his life.

Sorry. I don't know shit. Who did Russel turn into for a moment when he first reconstructed himself after Pratt goes apeshit on him?

David Hasselhoff, the actor he was talking about with Gamora earlier in the movie.

Hasselhoff?

Ahhh, I thought I recognised him.

He should play a larger role in the 2nd movie

>tfw no glenn howerton starlord

Me too.

I'm woke now

>Starman and not Life on Mars

youtu.be/jl17CYYSzUw?t=42s

>Early cuts featured ELO's "Living Thing"
Should've kept it.

>Jensen Ackles

I AM A STAR
IM A STAR
IM A STAR
IM A STAR
IM A BIG BRIGHT SHINING STAR

Does him or the other guy even do anything else outside Supernatural?

Anybody else tear up when this came on?
youtube.com/watch?v=yERildSsWxM

That song's always given me the feels desu. Great use of it in this movie, I got a lump in my throat.

>Matthew McConaughey was approached to play Ego, but ultimately declined
Thank fucking god

Oh god

>Thank fucking god
Why? It's not the 2000s anymore, McConaughey is a good actor.

>Oh god
Their fault for dragging out shooting. Those Jews could have had another Heath Ledger situation on their hands but they fucked up.

i want to fuck every one of those gold females
i dont read the comics, are they going to be important in the next film

>Then actually seeing it I didn't laugh at all because they are both awful at fake laughter.
They have poor social skills, so I think the laughter sounding off was intended. They're weird people socially.

Yah I was thinking that too. It's possible I'm just a salty asshole. I dunno, a lot of the jokes didn't make me laugh unfortunately.

>trash panda

I thought that was pretty good desu famalam.

Yea, the queen priestess bitch is making Adam Warlock, some crazy space wizard guy who like fights Thanos and shit.

except Adam is also sometimes Thanos' friend.

>It's so much worse!