BLUE LAWS

How does Sup Forums feel about Blue laws?

They are literally just Christian Sharia law in the American system and completely shit on the Establishment law, but nobody seems to care.

Even when taken to the supreme court, in McGowan v. Maryland, they sided with keeping blue laws because "They could support secular benefits" even though they are literally making people follow puritan christian practices by proxy LEGALLY.

Other urls found in this thread:

newobserveronline.com/us-christian-churches-back-muslim-invasion/
frontpagemag.com/fpm/261302/us-christian-groups-support-muslim-refugees-ignore-raymond-ibrahim
upworthy.com/how-christians-are-using-their-lawns-to-support-their-muslim-neighbors
breitbart.com/big-government/2015/11/29/unholy-alliance-christian-charities-profit-1-billion-fed-program-resettle-refugees-40-percent-muslim/
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Didn't those end over a decade ago?

Plenty of counties in the southern US states have them. For example, it's illegal to have your car dealership open on sunday in my county (I think this law was repealed, but it was on the books until quite recently)

also you can't buy booze after midnight or walk out of the gas station/store without a bag over the container

yes it is literal christian sharia law

>GAMES, RACES or OTHER SPORTS banned
>HUNTING, SHOOTING, FISHING, and BATHING banned in public places

Literally Sharia Law for Christians

While I dislike blue laws, comparing them to sharia is a stretch, sharia shit effects every single aspect of all who lives under it. Even the our most strict version of Christianity is no where near as extreme as the mudshits laws.

I think they're hilarious and creative and if you break a blue law AND ACTUALLY GET CAUGHT/CHARGED I'd have no choice but to laugh my sides off into 4d inter dimensional orbit

>$0.004 has been deposited into your account by Correct the Record PAC

>yes it is literal christian sharia law

Minus those messy beheadings and stonings, of course.

I'm not a muslim, so you're not wrong

I just think it's dumb as fuck that some butthurt kike-on-a-stick worshipers decided that you can't buy a car on a sundays

That's a damn good point. I never looked at it like that. Sharia...

I work in a 'dry county' in Kansas. The county allowed one liquor license and it was held by a church- so no one could sell in the county.

No liquor sales in the state on Sunday (that may have been changed recently).

Its relative to our more secular culture.

Why should I have to abide by notions of puritan laws of a sect of Christianity that doesn't even exist anymore to uphold prohibition of liquor, cars, and certain fabrics in my county?

If an individual company decides to observe the sabbath, that is their choice, but these are LAWS dictating how the public at large and business owners can function, solely based on Christian beliefs and values that are no longer valid.

While not necessarily as vile and controlling as sharia per se, it is still a grave breach of separation of chruch and state (establishment clause) and legally sets precedence for Sharia to be legal in the united states.

Where can I buy a time machine?

>Prohibit Hunting, Shooting, Fishing, also Bathing in any (...) private residence
>>literally can't shoot or take a fucking bath on sunday in your own property because "inshallah that is not god's will"
>>you want a time machine to go back to this

sharia

law

Fuck you dude. Local communities can have whatever laws they want. if you don't like it you can move to some left wing shit hole. What's next, it's illegal for families to require their members to go to church?

>christian morality
>sharia

Pick one, fedora retard. I don't see anyone murdering you over not following what's moral.

>i dont want laws that literally ban other people from enjoying their lives for arbitrary reasons like no fishing on sunday because gawd said so
>"what's next, mandatory racemixing law? kys"

Do people actually think like this? This is a rare specimen indeed

Yankee transplant, get the fuck out.

I'm just saying, I shouldn't be LEGALLY obliged to follow puritan christian laws from over 100 years ago that the supreme court upheld despite the obvious breach in the Establishment clause of the constitution.

If I, or any person who isn't christian wants to buy liquor, a car, or certain fabrics in Bergen County, then we shouldn't be forced to follow the blue laws.

Religion is a personal choice, and we have a freedom of expression of it. But there is a separation of church and state, and dictating the free actions of individuals based on one particular religions ideologies (and not even ones most sects follow today) then you are infringing on the rights of the people.

That, and you're setting precedence for sharia to be legal IF there was ever a muslim majority in any place in the US.

>he thinks sharia punishes everything by murder

We have the same law here, but aren't a churchy area. It's actually something most here are cool with, because you get one day a week to roam the lots hassle-free without any fucking Gils constantly trying to make a sale. I browse on Sundays when in the market for that reason alone.

In public view, nitwit. How the fuck do you think Puritans went to Church every Sunday? With your grandmother's pussy stank on their dick? They bathed.

>the supreme court upheld despite the obvious breach in the Establishment clause of the constitution
Ok well clearly it's legal due to the Supreme Court ruling. Oh wait I forgot you have more legal experience and knowledge than judges with decades on the bench.

>MFW I remember when you couldn't buy alcohol on Sunday in Colorado

this is sinful

...do you have any more?

It says nothing about "public view" on line 9, you scurrilous lying jew

Wrong, wrong, wrong. My surname is literally written on my state's constitution.

So leave to some left wing and enjoy your lovely atheist multicultural family-less society. Local communities have rights to run things according to their morals. You're crying to the federal state to interfere in the moral decision-making process of communities just because the decision they came to makes you butthurt.

You aren't wrong, but since Islam and Sharia are so hostile, I think it would be in our best interests to nip that problem in the bud before it takes root, either by not allowing them to come here in the first place or banning that hostile ideology in the first place. I know religion is protected by the constitution but, we are dealing with a Political Ideology that masks itself as a religion in order to exert control in the name of conquest by force or subversion. The worst thing our extremist Christians who are organized do is hold some signs saying some random shit.

Also

>There are people here right now that think materialist secularism didn't directly birth SJWs and the modern left

What's the deal with car dealers not being able to trade on a sunday?

>THE SUPREME COURT HAS SPOKEN, THEY CAN NEVER BE WRONG IN THE PAST!

>Dred Scott v. Sandford

Last time it was brought up was 55 years ago in 1961 with McGowan v. Maryland, , where people were fined for selling fucking floor wax on sundays which for some reason was "Prohibited" by the blue law. And in that case, they just bullshited that "Because we can see how these laws CAN be applied to secular law, we are gonna uphold them" despite that not even being the issue at hand.

The dissenting opinion even called it out as full out christian bias from the other side and that it was a massive breach of the Establishment clause.

It's an Abrahamic religion. They're all the same shit.

Your post is literally Muslim's justification for sharia law in no-go zones

Murder/death/kill yourself

>wah gubmint come save me from the way of life in this conservative Christian community!

Sorry I don't advocate for the destruction of family, community and church by the bearucratic federal state you boot licking dick sucking faggot.

In North Carolina, I can't legally sell alcohol before noon on sundays

>i'd rather get beheaded then told not to do something by da ebil gubmint
It's people like you that destroy America

I'm a fan of "no alcohol on Sunday" laws because it forces sobriety for extreme alcoholics.

>but user they will buy their Sunday booze on Saturday

Have you met an alcoholic? They don't store it around the house

>but user, I want beer!!!

Buy your Sunday beer on Saturday.

>but what about separation of church and state.

It's not religious. Prove it favors one religion over another.

It doesn't matter about moral decision-making process of communities, its a matter of religious laws being put into legislation which breaches the Establishment Clause of the Constitution and dictates how people live their lives in an area based on a religious belief.

In the state of Texas nobody, not the most gay filled part of Austin to the most conservative backwoods area can buy liquor on sunday because of Blue Laws. And the christian beliefs of someone in 1790 are not the same secular ones we have now, and are not valid.

I'm a Christian, and a conservative in Bergen County Jersey, but if I want to buy liquor, cars, or certain shoes on sunday, I can't. And the fact that this is upheld by THE LEGISLATIVE SYSTEM is what is such an egregious issue.

People and communities are allow to have their own values, beliefs, and morals however they like. But the individual is not mandated to follow those in accordance with religion, so says the constitution.

all religion is retarded. literally some shit some dudes smoking opium dreamt up thousands of years ago. hillary clinton tells better fairy tales than the bible.

As long as the federal government does not enact these laws, I do not find it abhorrent or immoral that states/municipalities create their own laws for their own citizens, provided that they exhibit due process in the creation of this legislation and enforcement.

Unless these laws violate the non-aggression principle (hello, Sharia!), I've no problem with them. Not at a federal level, of course.

That being said, I'd also like forced labour as a penalty for minor crimes and public hanging for heinous crimes.

They're terrible.

It's literally just laws against anything fun or that people enjoy because the people who came up with them think anything that makes people happy and isn't God needs to be banned.

>p-please protect me from those mean Christian! Oh big government h-help how DARE they try to keep their town decent!

>Pro-sharia confirmed

By your logic Sharia upholds family, community, and church, so if there is a Muslim majority in a city in the US, you're ok with them chopping off hands and stoning people?

They are just upholding family, community, church, culture, and their values.

If you advocate for the federal constitution to override the rights of states and localities you are not in any sense a conservative, just a big government neocon.

Don't bother with that moron, he probably thinks it shouldn't apply to Muslims but only to Christians. Or he might just be a shitskin dune coon

Nice fearful, cowardly fantasy. As if the leftist globalist pro-immigration federal govt whose dick you're riding will protect you against Muslims moving in. Your "solution" creates the problem.

I don't give a fuck that Muslims in Saudi Arabia chop off people's hands for theft. Good for them. In an America that properly functioned as a federation of sovereign states that would never be able to happen because states and localities would not allow Muslims in. But the federal government you need to protect you is the one that is deciding these states can't have those pesky waycist immigration restrictions.

America is a Christian country.
>b-but the founding fathers weren't Christian
They specifically founded America on Christian values.

Lol what a bootlicking bitch. Your secularist society is the one that welcomes Muslims. Reap what you sow atheist POS.

No, you fuck off your fucking christcuck

There is nothing more bluepilled than organized religion

could you be any more cliched

Total bullshit. Makes me drive all the way to Wiscuckson just to get a fucking Surly brewed RIGHT HERE in the CITY I LIVE IN on Sunday (which is Friday night in my industry) all because some lutheran faggots got triggered that someone would drink on their lutefisk day. Fuck.

t. minnesotan

>YOU DISAGREE WITH ME, SO YOU ARE MY ENEMY AND EVERYTHING THEY STAND FOR THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS CONVERSATION

Please, strawman harder. We weren't looking for valid arguments and actual discourse anyway. And add more insults as well, it definitely makes your statement look much more valid.

They're certainly archaic but they're being phased out across the country. The only places that have them anymore are very rural or Utah.

Your Christian America welcomes more Muslims and donates to their cause than anyone else you unbelievable retarded swine. You think that if America was more Christian and communities were kept "moral" there wouldn't be an influx of Muslim immigration, because dey isnt da chritsktiansnz so dey is not allowedz. Fucking idiot. How do you even believe your own bullshit?

christ that must be terrible to not be able to get drunk sunday morning

Sweet, now you're just straight up lying about conservative Christian opposition to Muslim immigration and the federal government's role in overriding those efforts. Thanks for conceding the argument my cowardly statist friend.

Dude, government should be limited, but blue laws are an infringement of liberty by any reasonable interpretation of the constitution. The Federal government's single most important role is to uphold constitutional rights of the people. If the state of California said it was okay to annex the property of all cis white males I'm pretty sure you'd want the feds to step in and smack that insanity off the books. Telling people they aren't allowed to sell products or do business on a certain day is an overreach of government and unconstitutional. It's not okay for local, state, or federal governments to shit on people's rights and enforce theocratic bullshit.

>muh secularism

Fuck off

In the 1800s states had established churches

The only one with an unreasonable interpretation of the constitution is you

t. Mohammed Abdul Rahim Al-alrawi

There was all kinds of unconstitutional shit going on in the nineteenth century. The shit is archaic and you don't have any logical defense for blue laws.

newobserveronline.com/us-christian-churches-back-muslim-invasion/

frontpagemag.com/fpm/261302/us-christian-groups-support-muslim-refugees-ignore-raymond-ibrahim

upworthy.com/how-christians-are-using-their-lawns-to-support-their-muslim-neighbors

breitbart.com/big-government/2015/11/29/unholy-alliance-christian-charities-profit-1-billion-fed-program-resettle-refugees-40-percent-muslim/

No matter what you believe, your entire religion is built on charitable acts. Deny that if you want, you're not a true Christian if you do, you're a heretic.

What do you think the Muslim communities already in the US are going to do when your radical Christian laws are put into effect? Disappear or get deported?

NJ fag here, we have them in my County in order to allow small business owners the ability to have a day off while still being able to compete with larger chain stores (garden state Plaza is in my county)

Liberty means people are allowed to govern themselves and their property as they wish. Local governments are the closest thing we have to privatized free market governments because they can compete with other jurisdictions close by.

If localities in California decided to exclude white males I wouldn't mind. Ultimately that's what a lot of people on the right want, for each nation, race, religion, clan, et al., to cooexist and trade in discrete homogenous communities. How you think we'll arrive at this with a unitary central government telling every community across the country what values they're allowed to live by is beyond me.

And yet there's nothing about honor killings, stonings, beheadings, throwing gays off buildings, acid attacks, or killing infidels. Christianity is a religion of peace you twit.

states rights motherfucker
the south should have won
- oregon

Everyone hates fedoras. Fedoras are always Leftist and promote social degeneracy. Nihilism and hedonism is the creed of fedoras.

Literally all fedoras are Leftist.

What else can we expect out of the Kali Yuga?

see
Social degeneracy is objective, and I'm pretty sure drinking, fishing, buying cars, and getting certain fabrics aren't the deterioration of society.

Also since when is upholding the constitution and the objective law left? I'm a christian myself but I want the ability to make decisions shouldn't be based on puritan laws made 100 years ago by a sect of Christianity i'm not even confirmed in, and whose ideologies don't hold water in modern westernized society

The state had no business restricting innocent acts because they offended the "sentiments of their Christian neighbors." as this violates the Establishment Clause.

Also I don't like the idea of Blue law setting precedence for Sharia Law in the US if there was ever a Muslim majority.

>tfw you are a neo-evolian atheist

My state has blue laws. I don't really drink to begin with, so it's not really an issue, but I can always get more on Saturday. And blue laws don't affect bars, so I could get sloshed somewhere else if I really wanted to.

>user's hand is black
Hmmmm

(((OP))) are you jewish?

>state to interfere isn't right
>arguing about how the state and governments enforce "Christian" (certain denominations) laws about purchasing items.

Your post is full of shit and hypocrisy you don't even realize. Or you're a troll

Constitution/Law > religion.

Don't get it twisted. It's a matter of upholding the establishment clause, not denouncing religion.