Post movies that would never be made today

post movies that would never be made today

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/z2zMrjBLwn8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

yes but it's not PC culture or Jews

Heaven's Gate killed the director as auteur

You're right. It'd be Uber Driver.

For one thing, nobody is going to watch a movie of that scale in black and white. And the subject matter is a little obscure. That and a few other reasons.

what's wrong with Heaven's Gate?
I have it on my list of movies to watch

>picks a movie that WAS remade in 2016

>rich white kid is literally gifted a black man as a toy

Falling Down

CHALLENGE: find the most recent example that wouldn't fly in 2017

In the Company of Men

it would be made today, it would just be a black man who is pissed about politics and his living situation going around killing white men

Any Adam Sandler movie from the last 10 years. I don't know how he gets away with some of the shit in his movies.

youtu.be/z2zMrjBLwn8

Soul Man

ofcourse it would still be made today, but it would be a period piece. Probably more acclaimed than it was. Without the 70s New York it doesnt work

The Dictator
The Interview

I just thought bruno was just kinda average and that style of movie didn't work twice

I would say The Dictator is funny to watch these days with some of the shit it deals with

American Pie.

That scene where Jason Bigg's character is going to fuck the immigrant girl and wants to film it and put it online for all of school to see.

That would be unbelievably illegal by modern standards. And she reportedly leaves school the next day for some unrelated penciled in reason that I've since forgotten. In reality, she'd probably have to leave because of the shame and never hearing the end of it.

Then there's superbad. When the 2 boys are trying to get alcohol to get women wasted so they can have sex and lose their viriginity.

The notion of banging drunk girls now is far more legally sketchy than it once was. Up until the last decade it was sort of seen as fully acceptable to get a girl and bang her. It was believed, that as long as you weren't banging an unconscious girl, that they could offer consent.

Now there's a whole generation of lefty girls that say that's rape.... it's not of course. People (women) are still responsible to their poor decisions while drunk. And it's not right for a drunk girl to consent to sex, but the next day say a man raped her because she was incapable of sound decisions while drunk. That's like getting drunk and wrecking a car and using the excuse that you shouldn't be blamed because you were incapable of proper decisions at the time.

It just used the same title.

I personally think that if somebody released Dirty Harry today it would cause shittons of controversy.

It has the same title, but it's not the same story. It doesn't even take place in the same year.

Also, a film that could not be made today. Could be seen as glorifying Nazism.

Honestly surprised this hasn't been remade into a franchise. Why would this not be able to come out now? They make fun of white people the whole movie, they have a progressive bisexual Terry crews what else could they want? Now Soul Man on the other hand I don't see that flying today.

>Any Adam Sandler movie from the last 10 years.
But those are made, and he's probably going to make something similar very soon.

In the same teen comedy vein, if Can't Buy Me Love was made today there would definitely be several thinkpieces on HuffPo about how it promotes commodification of women and rape culture

I know, and the fact that he gets practically zero backlash amazes me. I think it might be because people don't really see Sandler flicks as "movies" anymore, they're just kind of memes

well, this version of Birth of Nation couldn't be made in 1915, so doesn't it even out?

Pulp Fiction. Tarantino would be publicly hanged for the "dead nigger storage" scene

I guess that's why all of Tarantino's recent movies have been period movies, because those are the only ones where you have excusably have the characters say niggers.

Tarantino gets away with nigger nigger nigger whole the time. Why does he like them so much though?

same guy who makes a movie depicting Nazis as cultured and civilized alongside savage, civilian massacring Allies and no one thinks twice

how does he get away with it?

All those child sexual exploitation kinos from 1970s.

You could've made it the problem is that no cinema would want to screen it.

Who picks up a female trans whale-kin non-identified demi-asexual.

>implying we can make fun of minorities as savages in this day and age

im asian and even im free from any negative depiction in film and tv. only whites can be mocked in this age.

KIDS (1995)
deflowering virgins and giving them aids

Mrs Doubtfire.

a poor mans God Bless America, which came out in 2011

That's a good one or the other movie the guy directed Bully (2001). Didn't realize Haromny Korine wrote Kids learn something new everyday

>KIDS
Interested in this movie, but i seems like the critics trashed it. Is it good? How explicit is the sex, which is a turn off for me?

It's one of my favorite movies.
There are about three sex scenes in the movie which aren't too explicit or long.
I would recommend giving it a watch.
Fair warning, the movie is pretty dark.

>It's one of my favorite movies.
K. I'll try it, but I'm probably going to have a lower opinion of your taste afterwards, because I doubt it's going to be so good it should appear one of anyone's favorite movies.