Which culture in history has sexist costume?

Which culture in history has sexist costume?

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/travel/story/20150921-indias-temples-of-sex
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

sometimes i wish i lived in a place warm and humid where bitches can just roam around with only tiny napkin covering their butt

ancient egpyt

I want to fuck thai princess

Ok but post REAL Egyptians now, sweaty. please and thank you

>sweaty
well it is summer here

Romanticized European painting, although Thai women did commonly go topless before Europeans arrived in the 19th century and the Thai monarchy then encouraged them to cover up because it looked barbaric.

why their nips' pink?

Nudity and hedonism was acceptable here before the invasions from middle east

Japan did same. Nudity was common and normal among the lower classes in Japan until the late 19th century when the ruling class promoted properly covering up. Mind you that the gentry of Japan themselves were very modest, it was just the commoners who had no shame.

The final blow came after WWII when MacArthur encouraged Japanese to wear Western clothing, especially underwear which were typically not worn before aside from the traditional loincloth.

show vage-

Why can't you get it back? You shunned muslims and br*tish now. You can live according to your traditions.

That's not how it works. Once a culture is changed, it rarely reverts back to its previous state. The Islamic/Abrahamic standards for modesty are Indian tradition now.

did ancient indians jack off to this?

Jews make their traditions back after about 1.5 thousand years. No, really, I would love to see old pagan India back.

>The Islamic/Abrahamic standards for modesty are Indian tradition now

As happened in Japan and Thailand even though they never became Christianized.

Hyper modesty is an Islamic thing mostly. Europeans despite being the center of Christendom were never all that modest until the 19th century when Victorian prudery set in.

People need to be educated about history for that. Everyone grows up in this Arab-influenced Indian culture and considers it to be wholly Indian. Considering how most people here are close minded morons, the idea of bringing back the liberal culture from the vedic times is unrealistic.

Besides, blatant display of the naked body isn't acceptable anywhere nowadays.

>Besides, blatant display of the naked body isn't acceptable anywhere nowadays

It is if you go to San Francisco, but I digress.

>blatant display of the naked body isn't acceptable anywhere nowadays.
I thought you had them monks who refuse clothing.

Arab thing. Arabs have always been a stern, no fun allowed kind of people.

It's part of Jain culture that's managed to survive. You can't oppose religious customs here.
The reason for them being naked isn't hedonistic or vulgar, though. They reject all worldly possessions, including clothes.

No, they just wanted to impress Europeans and look like they were civilized.

sa saad lähema papuasse

Methinks all that carving of naked women are religious acts too, not just vulgar.

bbc.com/travel/story/20150921-indias-temples-of-sex

For me, it's only natural. Sex is a nice thing, why shouldn't one worships it?

>check pictures
>also with animals

just why?

But nice sculptures overall, I'm curious to see these Indian temples

I'm guessing that anglo/christian prudery also had to do with this in addition to the muslim influence

Because people here are brought up to be prudish. It's not easy for most to break this sort of mental programming and see things objectively(and that applies to everyone in the world, not just Indians).

Of course, sex is part of human nature, so there's a lot of hypocrisy here too. The retards who request bobs and vagenes on the internet would beat up anyone for mentioning sexual matters in public

>Costumes
Also

>Sexist

What the fuck

>>also with animals
>just why?

I read somewhere that these carvings were on the outside of the temple, signifying worldly pleasures had a role in the mortal world, but inside of the temple is one is supposed to be unattached, spiritual and all that jazz.

Hindu culture had fully absorbed Islamic customs before the British came here.

For example, consider pic related. The practise of covering the head/face came here with the Arabs. In rural areas, women cover their faces completely with their saris while in public.

>Hindu culture had fully absorbed Islamic customs
Sad to hear it. But there can be a cultural renewal, I think.