What’s the current state of this team?

I can never watch games during the work week, but how bad did it look in the friendly, Portubros?

I haven’t been following them as closely as during the Euro obviously, but it hasn’t looked great since.

Attached: 835DC2C8-96C2-4605-A96D-095F0258E7E1.png (1200x1605, 211K)

It's a friendly. Portugal will get their shit together and advance to quarterfinals at least, after a comfy win against Russia in the Ro16. Then they will get a fluke win vs Argentina in QF, and meme magic will do its job in the semis shootout vs Germany.

Messi and Ronaldo both carrying the team this wc

Don't worry. Portugal is still 1000x time better than the Dutch national team. The match was a fluke.
The next friendlies for the Dutch are Slowakia and Italy. Trust me those matches the Dutch will lose with a huge scoreline.

Engenheiro needs to get rid of shit like Fonte and Bruno Traves and Cancelo, then the team might become solid. Jão Mario is in bad form aswell, he should be benched by Bernardo Silva or Bruno Fernandes who are 100x better atm

Santos already knows his starting team, he was just playing guys that won't be selected in the final list so they can say at least they played with CR7, maybe someone he didn't think of would've shown up but that obviously didn't happen, and since his game requires intense defensive work it's not like he's gonna ask players to sweat tears and blood for an unconsequential friendly. The final team will be strong.

They need some good center backs

The team that played against the Netherlands wasn't the main team at all. Not even the one that played against Egypt.
Our main problem is our center defense line which is made of very old, slow and currently irrelevant players.

The thing is we have a very difficult time against shit teams, because we don't think they're worth the effort, but then play much better against stronger teams.
This has been going on for a long time.

We have one.
Let's see if the coach has the balls to play him.

Attached: rd.jpg (860x471, 67K)

Here, have this picture of a literally who that can't even make the NT but I won't give you his name because you're supposed to know this legend of a player. What, you don't? Better look up Benfica players and compare faces.

I remember before the euro 2016 everyone was panicking because we lost 3-0 to turkey or something similar
we gradually gained form throughout the tournament, the semis and final were our best matches
besides we still haven't fielded the main squad, we've only been experimenting as of now

you could've image searched it for a fraction of the time it took you to write that rant my Grease friend

Fucking this. Portuguese posters are the worst.

old men(ronaldo, quaresma, pepe, fonte, b alves) + flops (adrian, j mario, andre gomes) I don't expect much from this WC

Meme.

He's such a literally who reverse search gave me this.

Attached: fucking who.png (1120x171, 102K)

you HAVE to let go

>please watch our league

My bad frands. you're right.
It's Rúben Dias.
He's 20yo and he just showed up this year on the main squad.
He's a bit a short for your average CB, but he has a tons of guts. Might be a prospect for stronger clubs, but he's already essential at Benfica. His presence on the team and a slight system change, boosted Benfica in the 2nd half of the season, after a disastrous start.

Has a bonus, pic related is João Félix, the next big thing in Portuguese football, alongside Rafael Leão from Sporting.

Attached: JF.jpg (1000x750, 426K)

Still need other one

In my FM 17 save a lot of Portugese youngsters become stars like Ze Gomes, Florentino Luis, Guedes, and Ronaldo Vieira

How are they doing irl?

Zé Gomes stagnated a bit, but the potential is still there. He's 18, after all.
Florentino is still doing well but, like Gomes, isn't living up the hype. Gédson Fernades, his midfield partner, is exploding, though.
Guedes, you mean Gonçalo Guedes, right? He was bought by PSG, loaned to Valência and pretty much became their main player this year.
Can't tell you about Ronaldo Vieira. I don't watch Leeds games.

Yeah. I think Pepe can still pull off a good WC. We'll see.
As long as Bruto Alves doesn't play, it should not be too terrible.

Was Semedo(the one in jail) good for a starter or just a meme?

just a meme

Would kill to have Ronaldo win a WC just for the Messi dickriders autistic meltdowns

Sporting is good at memes

Portugal is the steelers of the world cup. Great team but asshole players that constantly play down to their opposition. We can put on a great show against a good team but we just shit the bed against bad teams. Ronaldo always underperforms internationally and looked shaky recently with madrid. Also our remarkable strategy of "attack from the wings 10000 times" has aged like milk.

TLDR; good talent but needs a new manager, tactics and mindset if we ever want to succeed.

>our remarkable strategy of "attack from the wings 10000 times" has aged like milk.
Fuck off, it works fine in PES 2009!

Thing is, winning the Euro ensured the coach is staying, no matter what calamity ensues.
Santos was always terrible.
We genuinely have good players. Even with Donaldo gone. I'd argue the team will be better with him gone.

André Silva sucks, Guedes should start even if he's a brainlet

Portugal only won because the cheeky dutch paid those dwarves to invade the pitch and distract Ronaldo

We didn't even place in the top 2 in those group stages and we had to beat 1 (one) really good team for the cup. Also you might be right about TSUUU, I think the real star of our team is Patrício. He can be Neuer tier if he wants to.

In theory our current team is better than the Euro team but who knows

>franguício is the star of the team
>we didn't beat a single good team, just the one who beat the good teams meme
kys mouro
the enginner is a great manager and hopefully we will manage to get at least to the semis

Meme magic can only take you so far.
And we've already used it once, so it's very unlikely to happen twice.

ikr benfica fags are delusional low iq retards

your team seemed to have improved, still that shit didnt represent portuguese team at all

>Patrício
>mau
puta que pariu só podes ser um porquista
morcões de merda

José Sá and Diogo Costa are much better than that frangueiro, you delusional moor

It wasn't the A team, but Santos has this meme where he almost never puts on the strongest XI possible. I guess he figures

>DUDE I'LL JUST SUB ON THE FEW PLAYERS I NEED LATER LMAO

Anyways, it was a shitshow regardless of that. Is it fair to feel like Portugal will scrape its way past the group stage? I mean, I don't see Morocco or Iran stealing 2nd place from Portugal, as bad as things may look. Plus, there's that managerial cycle...

>new manager
>gets rid of shitters, some new young blood comes in
>does well in 1st tournament
>next tournament comes, and some players got worse
>manager keeps using that same cluster of players because they were good before
>Portugal doesn't perform so well
>eventually, manager is sacked
>rinse and repeat

I guess the confed cup wasn't so bad, but that Chile match was top kek. Poor Chile was getting refballed out of a win, but luckily no one in Portugal was much of a threat in that match.

Attached: 1435019414887.jpg (540x669, 96K)

Nah, my man. I'm portista too, but Patricio is fine for now

I agree with this post

those who defeat portugal are banned from the world cup
>chile
>netherlands

the biggest tragedy of football, TSUUUUU controls everything.
Did you know portugal is one of the few european countries that didnt expel russian democrats? We are already manipulating the outcome of the world cup, no one is going to stop Portugal, the refs, the russian supporters and anybody else is going to be on our side

*russian diplomats

Germany.
Brazil.
Spain.
France.

We're going to have to beat at least two of the above to win the world cup. Last WC germany obliterated us 5-1 with their B team. Spain and Brazil have recovered from their humiliations and are on a completely different level to us. France is even better than they were in Euro 16, and we beat them then by a hair. No amount of rigging can give us a cup.

>Did you know portugal is one of the few european countries that didnt expel russian democrats?
That's because Putin controls PCP and BE, just like he controls all anti-establishment parties in Europe. But yeah, Marcelo has already bought us the cup

yes, putin is the boogeyman, how can we stop evil putin from manipulating our elections? I am so afraid what the future holds, only multiculturalism can save the day

Are you really defending PCP and BE?

is this the /strong mentality/ general?

Attached: 1491053065034.jpg (741x568, 69K)

We lost 0-1 to Bulgaria at home. Turkey was before the last world cup.

Also: is Nani shit now, then? Can’t find an answer.

>inb4 Nani?!?

Don't leave us hanging. what happens next?

He's been shit for about 7 years, man.

Oh caralho, vamos mas é falar de bolinhos de bacalhau

underrated post

>Joao Felix
I only know this person from playing football manager

>Pepe
Nobody has ever told me if got a hair transplant or if he was just shaving his head for a decade out of boredom