Tfw Home Office has decided to keep you here for another 50 cycles with endless options for renewal

>tfw Home Office has decided to keep you here for another 50 cycles with endless options for renewal

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rw8RVcUyma0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Has anyone actually watched this?

It took me at least half a dozen attempts, but yes I made it through finally. It lives up to its reputation. God damn boring film.

dude whats with the meme of hating this movie , it was actually pretty good

yes I enjoyed it. too many man animals hate it

i watched it when i was like 14-15 and i liked it very much, watched it like 10 times on VHS

The book is worst. It's Dan Brown-tier.

I watched it in spanish one time. It was so much better. However, I bet it'd suck just as much if I actually understood spanish.

I've seen the Rifftrax version if that counts. Can't imagine watching it without it it was so bad

if they were trying to make a comedy, it's a pretty good movie

>tfw man-animals unexpectedly turn your gold ore into bars

oh i didnt notice before they had 6 fucking fingers for some reason

So was this legitimately Scientology propaganda?

No.

desu the movie was full circle so-bad-it-was-good

>travolta explains that all of earth's warriors were destroyed in literally like 8 minutes
>untrained man-animals proceed to outwit and occasionally outfight the leftover psychlo forces
>fucking cave men learn to fly and dogfight with harriers with nothing but a simulator
>the man animals turn gold ore into bars, travolta's character doesn't bother to ask why
>etc
>etc

>travolta's character doesn't bother to ask why

i fucked this up. his character doesn't bother to ask how the man-animals had the knowledge and equipment to refine gold ore and turn it into bars

I did and it stinks.
You would think
>good actor = good acting
wrong in this one

yes we have watched the red letter media review too you fucking retard

> Aliens come to earth specifically looking for gold
> Have technology that can find gold
> Don't realise Fort Knox exists

BRAVO, HUBBARD

you can find the movie on torrent

Confirmed shit for brains

It took me a little bit to realize that the humans couldn't actually understand what the aliens were saying and that they were only speaking English for the audiences benefit. Was this a genius move? I feel as if it were all in alien language the movie would be boring as fuck but the English just elevates the so bad its good status.

i haven't, i actually watched the movie. my bad, i thought this was a board for discussing movies.

Read the book like four times when I was a kid, user.
It was okay until the humans won, and then it makes the political parts of the phantom menace look like War and Peace.
Didn't understand the whole anti-psychology angle, I just thought the psychlos were taken over by a bizarre cult that microchipped everyone who joined them. Kind of like scientology, ironically.

This would've been better

Our real origins are more like this, than what they put in history books.

>When asked during promotion of the film if there would be a Battlefield Earth 2, Travolta responded, "Sure. Yeah."
>Travolta asserted that the first film would become a cult classic

Just realized... there are no women in this movie, are there? I mean yeah there probably was one cavewoman and there was that alien chick but they appear for like 2 seconds right?
I really enjoyed this movie, btw. The ending was so stupid it hurt to watch but I still loved it as a whole.

I actually read the book in middle school; I don't know what the fuck I was thinking beyond "yeah I read big sci-fi novels"

>Ba-dum TSSSSSSSS

Yes

the camera angles and the ugly lead actor killed it

it could've if all the major production companies didn't have refuse it because it was based on a book wrote by the creator of scienthology, a blatant religions discrimination that lead to a bad company making it and an amateur director that loved angles.

>Harriers have fuel and working equipment after like 1,000 years in storage

>Scientology
>Religion

as much as judaism

Nice deflecting there, Tom.

Saw it twice. Once when it first came out, my dad took me, and then again later to remember what it was like. Both times I thought it was okay and a waste of talent.

Yep I saw it and it was a decent daytime popcorn flick.

The post apocalyptic stuff was actually pretty interesting.

The only reason it gets so much hate is the Scientology link. Worst movie ever remarks are blatantly false.

I couldn't sit through more than 10 minutes of Jason X or Resident Evil 2, despite liking earlier movies in the franchise. Thats 2 recognizable titles that make Battlefield Earth seem decent.

I saw Resident Evil Apocalypse on my birthday after loving the first movie. The first was a solid zombie action movie and Milla was pretty cool. She just seemed like a well trained badass with heightened reflexes. I didn't mind that it didn't follow the game.

Seeing the second one though. Man, I have never been so let down, I was soul crushed. Now after realizing how the rest of the series went even more ridiculous and stupid, I sort of like Apocalypse after revisiting it. It's stupid, but it's kind of fun stupid. Still a shame it wasn't better. I read an article about the actress who played Jill and how she played RE3 to get into the role and copied how she moved and aimed and stuff. I thought that was really cute.

Jason X was just so silly, I thought it was fun. The sleeping bag scene will forever make me laugh.

youtube.com/watch?v=rw8RVcUyma0

Saw it on theaters, twice. Don't regret it.

What the fuck are you talking about?

So, I'm actually curious about Scientology Canon.
Did Scientology ever introduce the idea that a few of Hubbard's fiction books were actually reality and based around some knowledge he got and not just imagination?

Like, where are the aliens now according to scientology?
Who is the current Galactic Overlord?
Can we contact them somehow?
What is the origin of Xenu's Galactic Empire?

Reminder Hubbard took a bunch of preteen girls and made they his personal SS police

I've never heard any of those things really talked about but I don't really know much about his "canon". He wrote a shitload though so it wouldn't surprise me if there was some stuff.

>The only reason it gets so much hate is the Scientology link.

hating scientology was far less trendy when it came out. most of what those initial reviews complained about was the bad acting, over use of filters and dutch angles, and lack of internal logic.

>The post apocalyptic stuff was actually pretty interesting.

maybe in a vacuum, but everything interesting about it was already a post-apocalyptic genre cliche that's been done much better elsewhere

The better question is has anyone read the boom? I have and it actually wasn't too bad.

fucking cute what is this?

Book*

scientology does claim that creative inspiration usually comes from past lives

MODS

most of the time when i watch i movie i just want to be entertained, have a good time. this movie was silly but i had a good time watching it.

>In 1975 while sailing in the Caribbean, due to the heat and humidity, the Messengers devised their uniforms themselves: white shorts, tie tops and platform shoes with knee high socks.
>One Sea Org member recalled inquiring why Hubbard chose young girls for the role of messenger.
>Hubbard further argued that he picked girls because women were more loyal than men.

>ywn sail around the world on your huge yacht while being worshipped by your harem of loli ss police

HIT HER
FUCKING HIT HER, GIRL KISSES AIN'T THAT FUCKING GOOD

i unironically would watch it all the time as a kid, and actually liked it

why are guidos so fucking funny

I couldnt comprehend what I saw when that cyborzombie or whatever the fuck started attacking.

We finally had a reasonably good video game movie started with Resident Evil, and then the same director just decided to take a giant shit on it with the sequels. What the fuck was he thinking, he married Mila so its not like it was some bitter fueled work of sabotage.
Something compelled him to make a really bad followup.. or maybe it was other people who carried the original and left after.

Nemesis, the cyberzombie, was actually okay I thought. That's pretty much exactly what he was like in the video game, so it fit the bill. The only real difference is that they gave him an extra weapon in the movie, which was the chaingun and I thought that was neat. They missed out on him transforming into some nasty creature. In the games, the coat he wears is a sort of device that keeps his mutations in check.

I think it's because he married Milla that it turned out like a turd. Instead of making her a reasonable action hero like she was in the first movie, they turned her into some weird fetishy super powered woman that had to steal all the action. Jill could have been a cool character, but instead Milla's character had to one up her the whole time.

It made the Nemesis fight with her retarded and then the psychic powers at the end and throughout the series was so awful. Her character is so awful after the first movie. The other big misplay in the movie universe is that they end the world inbetween the 2nd and 3rd movies. That was so awful that it ruined any chance of Umbrella's actions making any sense.

The 2 3D animated Resident Evil movies were pretty good though, you should check them out if you haven't.

>So awful
I said that too many times, but it really bummed me out that they did these movies that poorly.

>beeg post-american teeties

Muh

>Jews vs. Scientology

Who would win?