ITT: the worst episode of (insert cartoon here)

ITT: the worst episode of (insert cartoon here)

Pic related. Despite the Grade A chubby chaser masturbatory fuel that is the Love God himself, this was also the episode that made Mabel absolutely irredeemable in my eyes. Weirdmageddon was just the olive on top of that shit sandwich.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_IQ76q1EYS0
youtube.com/watch?v=ko7xBcMw-Xg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

That's not Roadside Attraction

Little dipper pissed me the fuck off. It's the shit short guys have to deal with every day, and it's treated like it's just le meems XD!

In fact, they even blame the shorter guy because he was genuinely better than a woman at something. What a better way to deal with it than bullying him relentlessly over it.

>B-but they put quotes around "better" surely kids who totally don't bully short guys couldn't possibly misinterpret that!

Being short means you won't have a fulfilling romantic life. We don't need bullying, especially from our escapism, because of it.

Wait, that's not Sock Opera

Fuck you troll SO was great

2A was the best. Flawless.

Now 2B...

Haha no, Roadside Attraction was the only episode where we got to see men act like fucking men without some bullshit forcing them to realize that their actions are "bad"

user, that isn't weirdmageddon 2. Maybe its not the worst episode overall, but its pretty much where you realized that the payoff was nonexistent.

Yeah I agree with this actually. I was so hype and the way they handled a bunch of shit in that episode. I realized I'd end the series feeling sort of dissapointed right then. Especially when it came to Dipper and Mabel's relationship.

Dd you like it because Dippee appeared in swimshorts in a jacuzzi?

>without some bullshit forcing them to realize that their actions are "bad"
Seriously? Did you even watch the episode?

You could've stop whoever was in charge of the episode, Alex.

>we got to see men act like fucking men without some bullshit forcing them to realize that their actions are "bad"
Are you from an alternate universe where that episode was the opposite of what it was?

Weirdmageddon was amazingly bad when you consider it in context of A Tale of Two Stans and general Twins-Stans parallel. It also pissed away any chance to have anything truly interesting in design, but with that I can live.

Obligatory

I liked this epiosde. I liked seeing Robbie and Tambry get together. Its a cute couple.

I like the moral lesson that Mabel learned. About not trying to play God, not interfering in the lives of others, and often times, things just work themselves out in the end.

But they only hooked up because of the chems.

The mindset behind the ending was probably more in terms of "We aren't snapping back on our love potion plot, so subversive" rather than any kind of moral stance but the fact how shallow Mabel's rationale was and how she prevailed still is grating.

>whenever gf guys are brought up its always only the shotacons, fat chasers, and bill fangirls
>no one ever likes and wants to discuss the hunkles

I assume the drugs wore out and they actually did find out they liked each other in the end. I liked this ending more than an ending where Mabel fixes things by making Robbie and Tambry break up.

I think the lesson to be learned here is "let sleeping dogs lie." I liked how Mabel realized that she played God enough, and how the beautiful the relationship between Tambry and Robbie was. Things worked themselves out in the end with the group getting back together after Mabel decided to stop interfering and let sleeping dogs lie.

>I assume the drugs wore out

They never established that that was a thing that happens when it comes to the Love dust.

Hi Alex.

I want to fuck skinny short guys because I think they're cute. But I like them because I'm attracted to feminine things and I imagine them having a slender girly dick.

Would you find it demeaning if a girl wanted to date you because of this? Asking honestly.

"I EAT KIDS" does a lot to redeem it in my eyes, though.

The majority of hunkle lewds involve incest which is downright repulsive.

that's not RA

Love God wasn't great, but Roadside Attraction is way worse. It's the only episode I skip when rewatching the show.

I always found that episode really creepy. Robbie has been established to be a piece of shit that just so happens to wear dark clothes and be sort of gothy.

Tambry isn't really a bad person, she just has her nose in her phone, like lots of stupid kids.

It really just comes across that they slapped them together because their character models are vaguely similar.

>Implying everyones are gays and loves fat guys.

Mentally ill disgusting scums.

>forgetting that Stan is a stocky chub
At least Ford is understandable

Beer and drugs are pretty common relationship starters.

Depends on whether or not the guy is girly. Biguys, guys who accessorize, and guys who crossdress might be cool with it.

this d e s u. They never get enough love in these threads.

Post Stans

Stan is sorta chubby so he does file in the fatchaser department

Well yeah, Stan is canonically fat but I very rarely see him get mentioned by the fatchasers. It's almost always either Soos, Love God or Thompson.

confirmed for feminine dicks being a real thing

Stans a cute.

>I like the moral lesson that Mabel learned

at least they still mention him.

sock opera was alright considering her selfishness didn't exactly ruin everyone like those other episodes, and it went back to status quo.

So I wasn't the only one who liked the bus driver and Rambo kid? I don't know if I should be happy or horrified that people share my weird taste.

robby isn't a piece of shit.

he's your typical angsty teenager with those well-known bouts of asshole-ness that every teenager posesses.

I just wonder why Mabel totally forgot about the lesson she learned about not being selfish right after that.

Fuck you. The Stan Balloon was one of the funniest parts of the series.

Sock Opera is when I legitimately lost respect for Alex and this show in general.

overall I still liked GF, but when Mabel literally hesitated to give Bill the book over some fucking dipshit she just met, rather than saving her own blood, was just about the worst fucking thing this show had done. They really fucked up.

Still, GF is at least a 7.5/10 imo

The show had a lot of what seemed to be emasculating moments and ideas but I really think that comes from the fact that Dipper is based on Alex and that self deprecation is considered a safe go to for comedy. It probably would've come across worse if the opposite happened and Alex projected a bunch of masculine traits onto his self insert.

I think Mabel's problems also stem from the fact that she was based on Alex's sister. It seems like he desperately wanted Mabel to come across as lovable and quirky but because he's so close to his sister, and thus Mabel, he can't see the forest for the trees.

And so we get a bunch of moments where Mabel shits on Dipper or Mabel acting incredibly self centered but Dipper, and thus Alex, forgives her and moves on as if these reoccurring traits and behaviors don't reflect the real Mabel that everyone loves.

>>Implying everyones are gays and loves fat guys.
I don't think that was the point, it just seemed like a humorous attempt to invert what we might expect from a Love God. Its like making your super strength character skinny

>when Mabel literally hesitated to give Bill the book over some fucking dipshit she just met, rather than saving her own blood, was just about the worst fucking thing this show had done

I definitely see what you mean but at least she did make in the right choice in the end though, that episode in the end became the only episode where Mabel was ever called out for her bullshit especially since her fucking up with the rift literally never even came up.

I think the idea was Mabel just always thought the Journal was stupid and worthless, she didn't see the big deal with handing it over for puppet guy, but her attitude towards other people's property does make her a bitch and her total indifference to all the supernatural shit and the books made her look kind of retarded. She always seemed to assume the weird shit would just sort itself out on its own no matter what she did

Required viewing re: Mabel's shit

youtube.com/watch?v=_IQ76q1EYS0

>6 hours to kill until I go home for the summer from uni

Still haven't seen the final episode, and I guess there's a special after it too (between the pines).

>Sock Opera is when I legitimately lost respect for Alex and this show in general.
>Still, GF is at least a 7.5/10 imo

Man that is pretty early on in the series, how come you liked it so much if you didn't respect it for most of its run?

The only thing I genuinely did not like about GF was Mabel.

Maybe Mabel having no interest at all in the mysteries was a bad call. Like on Breaking Bad, Skyler doesn't want Walt to make and sell meth which in real world terms makes her totally understandable but in terms of the show it makes her a killjoy. Since you have characters actively against the protagonists moving the plot forward or even being involved in the show's plot.

That makes sense.

>Maybe Mabel having no interest at all in the mysteries was a bad call.
That's a good point too. They weren't really the Mystery Twins we thought they were going to be, it was more like Mystery Boy and his selfish twin who everybody likes for some reason.

I honestly feel like Dipper and Pacifica's chemistry as mystery partners in NWM is better than anything Dipper and Mabel had. I think that goes back to what I said earlier about Mabel being too close to Alex for him to write her well instead of being overprotective of her. He doesn't seem to like Pacifica nearly as much so he was more conscious of her flaws and was able to play that off against Dipper who could be more assertive back and be justified. There's a give and take between them

Whereas Dipper acts more like a doormat to Mabel.

And then ot became a stealth gravity falls general

You fucking zombies, die allready.

Nothing came of that stupid aug statue in the woods either.

I liked a lot of things about Mabel as an overall concept and some of the execution but also really hated a lot of things about the way they handled her especially towards the end. I liked The Last Mabelcorn for example but the unicorn actually did have a good point about, for example, only doing good things to gratify your own ego. Mabel knew for example about the Bill situation and that he was a threat that she was supposed to be getting the unicorn hair to protect against, but she said herself she wasn't thinking about protecting her family but about herself seeming "pure of heart," and they had the unicorn just be an utter jerk the whole time instead of maybe Mabel learning that everything wasn't about her and caring about other people is part of being truly good.

Compare to Roadside Attraction where Dipper "learns a lesson" and has to apologize and is painted as this huge jerk when he didn't even do anything wrong. But the show acts like he was some kind of asshole. Meanwhile Mabel nearly destroys the universe later and no one ever mentions it.

And again unlike a lot of people on Sup Forums I actually do like Mabel but some of this shit was seriously weird and did no favors to her as a character.

I do really like the alternative scenario he proposed for the whole "messing up the prophecy circle" scene.

>You fucking zombies, die allready.

Fuck man there are still Invader Zim discussion threads that pop up here sometimes that contain zero discussion about those new comics and that show ended in 2001 chill out. Some of us didn't get around to watching this series until now.

OP is a fag in every way.

>Nothing came of that stupid aug statue in the woods either.

They just announced this new merch.

I genuinely think the rumors planted about the "statue in the woods" was just a commercial for shit you can spend money on. Why wouldn't Disney ever do anything that doesn't involve taking your money?

This. People who hate the ep take magic too literally. No they didn't make a magic potion awareness episode.Idiots.

Nah, you're not the only one, just wish Rambo kid had a name though

You're retarded.

This was the first episode of the series I saw, and the "I EAT KIDS" bit sold me on the whole show.

Hirsch's lack of subtlety does him disservice.

He wanted to hammer down that Mabel is not selfish all the time and lingering on it made her look hesitant to save her brother from body snatchers.

In retrospect, I think it also seriously damaged Time Traveller's Pig because Mabel reaction was just too conspicuous to be sincere.

This bit is pretty great.

youtube.com/watch?v=ko7xBcMw-Xg

She literally did.

she was going to repeat the same mistake than she did at the end of the episode, but didn't.

>implying you would let the fact that your family members are possessed by demons distract you from the cool play you wrote to impress a cute girl

The lesson of this episode was pretty weird. The problem was not pairing people for shallow reasons or messing their life, it was that romance is disruptive of circle of friends.

>incest
>not shipping Stancest

You make Mabel cry. She ships it!

I thought this pic was peridot removing her head to reveal bait until I read the text.

So I just watched the ending and why don't the kids just go back next summer?

ok nvm ignore this post

Degenerate cunt.

>So I just watched the ending and why don't the kids just go back next summer?

They are gonna go back that's what the "See you next summer!" and hat switch thing was about. I guess it won't matter though outside of people writing fanfiction unless Alex really does those comics he was talking about in Russia someday (I wouldn't hold my breath even if they do make GF comics that could be two or three decades from now for all we know, just in time for the eventual reboot to capitialize on childhood nostalgia).

yeah I was literally in the last 2 minutes when I posted that then I watched the rest.

I thought the letter was gonna be some lewd pics of wendy

I haven't heard anything about the comics, but it would be cool. Do you have a link to the source where Alex talks about that?

It was at Big Fest in Russia a few weeks ago I think but I don't have the link on me now sorry. He said he was talking with Disney about making Gravity Falls comics. I don't know if that's with BOOM! or what.

A Tale of Two Stans. Retroactively ruined the whole tone of the series and several of the more light hearted characters in an attempt to be 2deep4u, also ruined the dynamic between the main characters.

I swear to god why do all cartoons worth a damn try to become "serious" nowadays.

the only guy tambry should go out with is me

Bait, but L O N D O N nonetheless

>girly dick

How can you hate this face?

You are retarded. The scene wouldn't work if she didn't hesitated . If her puppet show means nothing to her then the episode would mean nothing.

If Dipper in TTP didn't hesitated to help Mabel then he wouldn't learn anything.

If this episode actually stuck, it would be nice (But it should be like this from the start)

But soon Mabel is back to her own tricks.

Cartoons work that way. Stan should learn by now not to be greedy and selfish but that would ruin his character and kill alot of plots.

Dipper is about as guilty of doing this as Mabel, but people only remember Mabel's moments

He not only hesitated but actively fought the idea of going trick-or-treating for the better part of an episode, even when he knew not doing so would get a bunch of children killed and eaten by a monster, because he didn't want to look childish to muh wendy and he couldn't go to the party to impress her

Oh, and that's besides him ruining everything after a night of work by spilling his spaghetti when Wendy showed up. Only thing that fixed his fuck up was Soos showing up in exactly the right moment

I'm pretty sure her selfishness was not intentional. I mean, Stan is greedy and selfish, but he's not venerated. Mabel's selfishness is something Hirsch wrote by accident and it just won't go away.

The difference is Dipper is mostly suffering and is shamed for it.

The worst episode was the one where Dipper brought in some weird leaves he found for Show and Tell and Bill stole the leaves because he forgot that it was Show and Tell day. So in the end Bill admitted what he'd done to the teacher and got an F, but he learned the importance of telling the truth. And then at the end the characters talked to the kids watching about why they should always tell the truth. It's so obvious that it only happened so Disney could write the show off as "educational programming."

Second worst was the drug episode where Mabel took up smoking and beer and crashed the family car with Waddles inside of it. Too preachy.

Yeah because Dipper is always presented as being wrong for it. Mabel does this shit and we're supposed to give her a pass.

Dipper's fuck ups are massively bigger than Mabel's, mostly because Mabel's are most often the subplot. Bringing the dead back to life and almost turning the whole town into a zombie apocalypse because he essentially wanted people to take him seriously or almost erasing the mind of his uncle because he saw something he was specifically instructed not to and didn't bother waiting for a proper explanation (and after already having been shown why it would be impossible for Bill to get into him) vs acting kind of childish because a unicorn told her she wasn't a good person or accidentally breaking up a group of friends because she used a love potion

Stan did learn not to be greedy and selfish at the end though which is what his whole "sacrifice" was about. With Mabel it wasn't always obvious the writers knew she was coming off as selfish which was the issue I think. Characters having flaws isn't the problem but I'm not sure whether or not this was meant to be a flaw.