Today's ep is out early, anyone seen it yet?

Today's ep is out early, anyone seen it yet?

There?

>muh references to myths no one bothers to read

Gonna try dl-ing it now.You better not be lieing kumquat.

WE

The black power fanfiction at the beginning and the extended Bilquis scene were fucking embarrassing, but the bits where they stuck to the source material were good. The annoying thing is the original "Coming to America" story for Anansi was fantastic and has instead been replaced with absolute shite. Also there's about a 5 minute scene of Shadow cleaning his own house, which is thrilling, an actual dick pic, some shitty OC dialogue in the motel and Laura visits him in a dream only. Media's appearance was slightly altered but still fantastic but the episode is truly redeemed as soon as they enter Czernobog/the Zoryas' house. As we've seen with GoT the show is truly only worth watching if the author's word is stuck to. As soon as this show goes off-road it turns to shit.

Spot on. They should have stuck to the original material more.
Anansi's CtA in the book was too cool and in the show it was full on WE

What was the original "coming to america" story for Anansi?

It started as a slaveboat story focused on a little black girl and her brother and how Anansi patronized her and watched over her. On American soil she became the wise old black woman and shamaness, while the brother who was separated from her had a more or less regular slave life. All the while they had a mystic connection between them.

Sounds more interesting, but it's way more complex - would maybe require a whole episode or something

Shadow isn't chill enough in the show

This. One of my only gripes with the book was that every single character makes a comment about how easy going he is on the outside, how he just "accepts" what's happening to and around him. After the first 10 times I understood that was his character and didn't need reminding every few pages. Show Shadow seems to be the opposite, he could even be described as "wearing his heart on his sleeve".

Downloading now

It's going to be so anti-climatic when at the start of then next episode he just challenges him to a rematch and wins.

this

AYO WE BE GIVING WHITEY CANCER WITH DEM TOBACCOS NIGGUHS. KILL DUTCH WHITEY YO.

>AM I A GOD

SO CLEVER! SO REDDIT!

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

>Bilquis
While I don't mind that they're trying to add more significance to female characters and her concept is alright, thanks to her I can't watch this with any of my friends or family.

the bilquis scene was probably the one thing most in spirit with the book.

you're allowed to criticized this show without pretending that it's about your undying allegiance to the source material.

Most of the fucks in these threads have at best only skimmed through the book/s some years ago or more likely just read a shitty review/synopses. You have no reason to expect any actual insight.

Why would the slaves be so distraught?
They were slaves already after they got enslaved by their fellow black men before they sold them to white men.
And the won the lottery too, they didn't have to live in Africa anymore.

what did they mean by this? did she love the picture so much she framed it? who does that???

I hate how this show jumped right into gods and full-on Fuller-style cartoonishness. The book was a slow burn but the show started out with heads exploding like water balloons and the world being purely unreal. A large portion of the book has Shadow thinking Wednesday is just an old con man but the show dispels that notion before the end of the first episode. And the best parts of the book are seeing how the Gods don't fit into the real world any more. That is not the case with this show because the world is not the real world, it's a very unreal world where anything crazy can happen whether gods are involved or not.

whose dick is that?

>muh being an uncultured swine
KYS

I really don't get why did they fuck Based Anansi up so much....

Starz/the writers probably are uncertain about the longevity of the show so are speeding certain elements up.

The other guy that died with his wife.

why is it framed?

Who knows. She died with his cock in her mouth, maybe that tell you something.

Jesus, how dumb are you to not realize it's just symbolism for how Shadow thinks of his wife's affair whenever he thinks of her? She didn't actually print it out and frame it.

Anansi scene was really bad.

>Shadow can't stop thinking about cock
Gay bro.

I think the implication was that Shadow printed it out and framed it.

>fucking up Anansi who was the best character in the book
>made Csenoborg to best boy while he was forgetable in the book
I really can't decide what should I think now.

After Odin, Bilquis and now Anansi I am pretty sure they will fuck up every short story what was in the book.

thx :)

It's a damn good example of how you can fuck something up when you adapt it for television.

stormare is pretty much always kino incarnate, why wouldn't his scenes be great.

>The egyptians gods CtA were full blown hotep nigger fanfiction
>black pharaoh commissioned black admiral to sail the world, where they ended up in America where the black egyptians befriending indians (instead of arrow'd like those white vikings)

Oh god I can see it.

Czernobog isnt that forgettable bruh. Sure he's the third wheel in the original old gods trio, but that checker scene in the start leaves a long running impression of him.

>an actual dick pic
i was laughing at that. all the BBCcucks here got a BWC pushed in their faces

>try to be a good sjw
>make a total bro african trickster god to a homicidal maniac
Why are everything what sjw tryhards do fires back?

i watched with my mom

>his friends and family are disgusted by the view of nude female body
Maybe you should find some heterosexual friend.

why is bilquis so black? sin't she supposed to be arab/ethopian?

Yea, but WE WAZ

quality b8
saved

nah that sounds stupid as f

fuck nigger stories

>quality b8

i got it from twitter where else

I wish is was genuine, but it's obvious that's it's bait. Still hilarious.

the new mummy movie comes out in june

your right it seems a modified version of this one

>#wewerekingsandqueens
kek

Is Anansi the rainbow spider guy in the purple suit?

the comedian purple spider nigger.

Are you people fucking stupid? Slavery happened. A people was treated like shit up until the mid to late eighties and hasn't had a spot at the table until the mid nineties. You do realize that niggers wanted to be doctors, and many of them tried hard to be, both that and accountants, and even lawyers. But alas the glass ceiling was a trillion tonne diamond shield and it took a lot of people dying for that to be replaced, by a glass ceiling. But of course you fucking idiots are of the mind that it's all niggers fault that they were treated like shit for three hundred years. Yes, niggers are nigging, NOW, but there was a time, centuries ago, decades ago, that niggers wanted to be like their white counterparts but were frustrated at every turn. History Gentleman, LEARN IT!

You started the post well, but the bait became too obvious later.

You fucking idiots, Ancient Egypt had blacker than black Pharaohs and not so black pharaohs. Their portraits were not always in their likeness. There were pharaohs who were in bred and had feminine hips and long faces, they were given soft features and manly muscles. Get a clue, please.

That's not inherently a bad thing though? Or are you just trying to be a memer? You meming? Getting your meme on?

>There were pharaohs who were in bred and had feminine hips and long faces,

That was a stylistic choice and only for Akhenaten. Get a clue bitch.

> Ancient Egypt had blacker than black Pharaohs and not so black pharaohs

They had one nigger dynasty, that's it. They almost ruined Egypt too.

YOU WAZ NO KANGZ

Even if they had blacks they were East African. East Africans are as far apart from West Africans as they are from Europeans when it comes to genetics.

More like blackloading

hope theres more gillian anderson i want to see lucys tits