So RDJ said that he's open to the idea of doing a 4th Iron Man film

So RDJ said that he's open to the idea of doing a 4th Iron Man film.

What do you think they should do for the 4th and final Iron Man film with RDJ? Any specific comic arcs they should (loosely or faithfully) adapt?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I9PhfUsFvj0&list=RDI9PhfUsFvj0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

superior ironman
i mean it makes sense in the mcu

Real Mandarin was mentioned. I'm curious about that.

either what said or try to adapt that one Marvel Zombie story where Rhodes killed Tony. Great passing of torch, and with the ultimate normie bait ever made... the undead.

Death in a bottle would have been great if it were done before Civil War.

I'd love it, have it been an Old v New situation. Rather than Nazis have it be Tony Vs The King Of Thieves in the form of a crazy "possibly immortal" pirate King as Manderin.

armor wars

An MCU adaptation of Marvel Zombies seems inevitable in general.

Demon. Demon in a bottle, user.

The 5 Nightmares with Ezekial Stane. I think at this point having Stark face that he's old news and a new generation is gunning for him maybe the best way to set up a finale arc that lets him become a mentor and sideline character instead of on the front lines.

>superior ironman
Why does everyone keep saying this? Literally everything about MCU Stark in Phase 2 has been a hearty slice of humble pie for him.

>What do you think they should do for the 4th and final Iron Man film with RDJ?
The end of Civil War gave hints.

Namely, for the first time we see that one of his AIs is actually a BETTER fighter than Tony Stark. And this means there is no longer any point for Tony to be inside one of his suits any more. Baring a powerup, Tony would have less and less reason to fight personally. Not because he can't, but because he would only get in the way while FRIDAY does the heavy lifting.

The Mask In the Iron Man. except it ends with the Jocasta AI forcing a neural merger, which results in Superior Iron Man. but not so much a massive dick for the sake of it like in the comics, but a paranoid extremist who goes on to found the MCU Illuminati. for bonus points this would also parallel Pymtron in the comics.

Try and strike a deal with RDJ so that they can make a vocaloid of him and use his digitized likeness for all future appearances of S.I.M. , who never takes the suit off

Where is the rest of iron mans left arm?

Real Mandarin and his alien rings, assisted by Fing Fang Foom.

Final battle sequence is a space battle with Mandarin riding Fing Fang Foom through a space debris storm and exchanging energy blasts with Spacesuit Tony.

And then the space debris storm hits them proper like in Gravity and they get thrown about and are lost to the world's observers, but you never quite know if Tony is dead or not. It's all very Richenbach Falls.

There was this series where Stark's suit gains an artificial clone of Tony's brain which forces Stark to try and stop his own suit. I can't remember the name, but that would be interesting.

Alternatively, the Death of Tony Stark storyline from like '92 or so. He tries to take down all of his enemies before he "dies", then promoted Rhody to be the new Iron Man (War Machine).

Demon in a Bottle; Ghost as the villian. Serious/sad/borderline scary in tone, ends with Tony getting his groove back.

Iron Man: Civil War 2

In a box of scraps.

>So RDJ said that he's open to the idea of doing a 4th Iron Man film.
Real Mandarin could be great as a surprise villain, since it all started with the Ten Rings, and would be odd to end Tony's story with a false idea of him facing the leader of the terrorist organization, only for it to be revealed as a ruse, and then never hear from them again. outside of a one-shot.

That being said, I have my hopes for the Mandarin being used as a stand-in for Fu-Manchu if they ever made an adaptation of Shang-Chi in the MCU. I think it's an important part of his story that he was raised to believe in a Terrorist ideology as a child, and then had a crisis of faith after exposure to the outside world.

>AIs is actually a BETTER fighter than Tony Stark.
Because Tony didn't want to kill Cap by using his lethal armory and he was never a melee fighter.

>Because Tony didn't want to kill Cap by using his lethal armory and he was never a melee fighter.
Doesn't matter, we have conclusive proof that when given the same tools, FRIDAY fights better with the Ironman Suit than Tony does. Even if it was a fight to the death, FRIDAY would have been more successful than Tony.

Fin Fang Foom

Maybe have him either be a genetic experiment gone wrong or a Chitauri warlord that was on the control ship that Tony blew up in Avengers 1 and wants revenge.

Whatever they do, I hope they just toss MODOK in there just for the fuck of it. Love that guy.

Can't blame him for not knowing the name of a comic he's never even read.

Or just have him be a space dragon in purple pants that fell to Earth at the end of the Cretaceous Period, his impact causing the extinction of the dinosaurs, but also putting FFF into a deep sleep far below the Earth's surface. Then he gets awoken by Roxxon doing some oil drilling and Tony has to take him down.

Or, y'know, something like that. Generally speaking "dragon from space that crash lands on Earth" seems like a perfectly fine justification for him. Shit like that happens all the time.

but they need to save FinFangFoom to be the villain in American Kaiju

World’s Most Wanted?

Iron Man 4 continues off of Dr. Strange's movie where magic is a real part of the world and earth is now in the middle of magic through dementions. The ten rings leader, the mandarin, obtains magical powers after seeing it's power from Dr. Strange and finds a way to get them himself, enchanting his signature 10 physical rings. Then suddenly the 10 rings [terrorist group] starts taking over it's enemies on an isis like crusade to convert everyone to a new religion; Mandarists. Tony Stark sees that they arent just blowing up buildings anymore and realizes its something more than what he can handle. He begin's to drink because he can handle war but he can't handle mind control and all the new magically based terrorism that he saw. The Sorceror Supreme takes Tony threw a spiritual journey to stop the drinking and shows tony the magical aspects of metal. Tony creates a new Suit based on what Dr. Strange showed him that was impervious to magic and could be stored in his body. Tony calls this new armor the "superior" suit because it's the last he'll ever need. Tony's ideology is now more spiritual and think of himself as "healed" and "reborn" after Dr. Strange stopped his drinking problem and isn't evil but sees himself as superior as well. Which he thinks justifies him to make the decision to kill the Mandarin.

lame

If we get real Mandarin, he'd better have his flamethrower zamboni.

Just stop.. you are not writers and your ideas suck.

I want Extremis Ironman.

I am pretty sure that the whole "shrapnel-in-chest" plot was cleared at the end of IM3.. but I want it to be back.
More dangerous than ever. With no arc reactor being able to keep Tony alive.

He is looking for treatments and ends up with his own version of extremis. He injects it and gets into his little chrysalis phase. Once he exits.. Boom. New actor who can play Tony, new extremis armor and now able to take on much much more.

Dunno who the main villain would be though.
Trevor would be nice.. But as the real Mandarin. all 10 rings, wants to be taken serious and everything.

Bucky uni-beamed it off him.

kek stay delusional. Because after IW Marvel is going to make a movie where all the superheroes eat people and ripping out intestines plus gore. Ending with a dumb paradox.

With Tony's PTSD and other traumas post Ultron and Civil war coupled with his loss of Pepper, seems like the right combination of things that would make a man resort to drinking himself to death again.

I'm sure I've read somewhere that as a recovering addict, he doesn't feel comfortable playing that kind of character.

I don't care what they do but they need to get Ramin Djawadi back for the soundtrack. youtube.com/watch?v=I9PhfUsFvj0&list=RDI9PhfUsFvj0

This. Holy shit, why'd they EVER get rid of him?

Not gonna lie, I kind of miss AC/DC, too.

He's playing a drug-abusing Sherlock Holmes, that series has never been shy about the fact that this version uses.

>This. Holy shit, why'd they EVER get rid of him?

He's too busy doing Person of Interest's music?

And the MCU has a house composer at this point. Henry Jackman is pretty solid, though none of his later stuff has matched Iron Man 3/Winter Soldier one-two punch.

This.

The wrecked suits from IM3 provides enough surviving samples of Stark's technology to be reverse engineered and mass produced by a returning Justin Hammer.

It should also give another chance for Stark to kick Steve's ass who is offering to help.

God... I had forgotten how cool was the ost.

real mandarin+fingfangfoom

This has potential for a good story, a good serious performance...and if they do Ghost right, another addition to the Thunderbolts.

Maybe Fin Fang Foom can be to the Ten Rings what Hive was to HYDRA.

Is Armor Wars still feasible?

Or was that essentially IM2?

Bring back Shane Black and shamefully remake Lethal Weapon with Tony and a freshly rehabilitated Rhodey.
The combo punch that KO'd Giant man in Civil War was hype as fuck.
And obviously have the villain be someone whimsical instead of another businessman.

First Two Movies were basically that as you said, so no.

Think MODOK could work? They could make giant head jokes and the guy's psychotic enough to messily murder people for such jokes.

All things seems to be perfectly fit for Demons in a Bottle, now.

>shamefully
you mean shamelessly, right?

it would honestly probably have a strange cameo in it. marvel couldnt resist cumberbatch and downey working together

Yes, I'm tired.

>Sherlocks

Bilbo Baggins better appear as well.

>confounding problem comes up
>"you two geniuses better play detective and figure this out"
>"huh, looks like we've got outselves a couple of bonafide Sherlocks on the case!"

Unlike in the comics, Iron Man is kindof the heart of the modern MCU. I know they have to kill Cap because Evans is a whiny little pussy, but killing Iron man would both be so much more impactful and allow for other characters to step up.

sorry, wasn't trying to attack you but to clarify what you meant

Remember CO, Millar was responsible for the abomination we saw in IM3

Is it wrong i want Taylor's Superior IM adapted by RDJ just for maximum ass smug?

Iron Man battles Dr. Doom with the help of a plucky new hero: Squirrel Girl

Too bad Paltrow a shit, I'd have liked to add another woman to the Avengers roster, and a superstrong firebreathing chick with advanced healing factor sounds neat.

>IM4

pls no

Pls yes.

Just no Shane Black.

>pls no

Chris Evans will join the cast. Tony and Steve true friend for their last movie together.
I want this.

Did Cap 3 remind RDJ he likes easy buck?

mandarin pls

fing fang foom too

I lift weights to this shit, such a good soundtrack