I have never seen any of the Alien franchise movies

i have never seen any of the Alien franchise movies.

what order should i watch them in for maximum kino?

Start with Alien, then watch Aliens.
After you are done with Aliens you should go watch that long cut of Alien 3
You may or may not skip Alien Resurrection after you have finished 3
Finally you go watch Prometheus for the meme value

You fucking idiot

Kill yourself you fucking cock sucker

Always watch everything in release order.

This. I don't understand why faggots like to watch shit in weird orders. Do you watch Monsters University before Monsters INC?

oh, ok. i was going to watch the alien movies but i guess ill just kill myself instead.

Thanks , tv!

do it you reddit filth, you're human garbage and you ruined Sup Forums

well yes, if you seen Monsters University first

"If you've seen Monsters University first" what? Why did your sentence cut off?

faggots like op are the type of people that need a viewing guild to watch a series.

if you havent seen alien that means you are from reddit?

what if you just assumed it was the horror equiv of capeshit from the late seventies.

i just thought id ask since the new movie is one of the main subjects on the board rn, faggot

you're obviously a young retarded redditfag. kill yourself you worthless ignorant fuck.

Alien then Aliens.
Everything else is shit.

1. Alien (theatrical cut)
2. Aliens (special edition cut)
3. Alien 3 (assembly cut)
4. Alien: Resurrection (theatrical cut although it doesn't really matter. Both cuts are pretty bad)
5. Prometheus

Alien and Aliens are fantastic, the assembly cut of 3 is alright, Resurrection is shit, Prometheus is good but flawed.

Alien, then Aliens: Director's Cut, then play Alien: Isolation on PS4/PC. That's it, everything else is fucked.

is 25 young? now im a "worthless ignorant fuck" because i asked if i should watch a series chronologically?

LOL kys oldfag.

hurrrrrdurrrr u haevnt been on the internbet as long as me!!!!!

you use green text to quote someone on Sup Forums pet

Isolation was video game horror kino

Aside from the Star Wars movies, when it is acceptable to watch a series out of release date order?

Is it necessary to watch the Predator movies as well?
Are they non-canon?

>implying it is ok to do that with Star Wars

Just watch the first one, its the only one worth watching

No I didn't.

Watch Predator then Aliens, then Prometheus, then Aliens and then Alien vs Predator.

Honestly, they all suck but if you add Predator and the Engineers to the mix it becomes kinda interesting.

>not watching Star Wars in the order of IV, V, I, II, III, VI
pleb

Star Wars is the ultimate example that chronological order is king. The prequels are so bad they slightly taint the original trilogy.

My dad has a huge dvd and video cassettes collection,he bought them from a video rental store that went bankrupt and closed.When I was a kid I didnt have an internet connection and I used to watch movies from there randomly.I got my hand on a ben hur 2 dvd edition(the one with Charlton Heston).The story was in two parts(one DVD each).I watched the second part of the story first by mistake the the first.It was better that way,in an in media res kind of way.I also watched a dvd of conan the barbarian(the Arny one) that was in Ukranian or Moldavian or something like that and I thought that the whole film was written in an imaginary ancient barbaric language(which was way better,because arnys voice was dubbed and wasnt distracting-made the film loose its faint arnie impression.)I watched the star wars prequels before the original trilogy which made me appreciate the original trilogy more.

I've never gotten you "muh machete order" fags. 1 is a total waste of time and 2 and 3 completely ruin Anakin's character. Watch the original trilogy first and then watch the prequel trilogy if you want to laugh/meme.

>maximum kino
>LOL
>kys
>hurrrrrdurrrr
>haevnt
>internbet
>me!!!!!
you're a worthless ignorant fuck because you easily could have found out this information without making a thread asking people to spoon feed you. there are already multiple alien/prometheus threads right now. you never asked if you should watch it chronologically which anyone who wasn't a fucking retard wouldn't even need to ask, and despite claiming to be 25 you still post like some faggot teenager. again kill yourself faggot.

>thinking more greentexts is good
>replying to me at all when you clearly dont care
>staying in a thread that upsets you to this point
>not realizing i actually asked this question in that thread

man, for calling someone else a teenager you sure act like one. did you want to use the car but your stepdad told you no? maybe you should stay off the internet if you cant handle simple discussions like a grown up, you gigantic cock sucking faggot.

Alien, Alien 3, Prometheus, AVPR. All other stuff is not horror, therefore it shouldn't be Alien.

>thinking more greentexts is good
?
>like a grown up
only children talk about acting like grown ups. admit you're a teenager you little faggot.

>Are they non-canon?
keep sucking that corporate dick faggot

what, do you not understand simple points? which is what greentext is supposed to be, which is what i was trying to communicate with you in the first place. you are literally a retarded nigger who eats his own shit in milk for breakfast. please keep replying to this thread because i am leaving and i hope you infinitely waste your time on things that dont care about you or your opinion, such as the entire world.

TL;DR kys

upvoting this

Alien/Aliens are fantastic, and in spite of its flaws prometheus is a decent watch. 3/resurrection are bad and worse, but might as well if you're watching the rest

Watch Alien and Aliens
Skip Alien 3 its a boring mess
Skip Alien Resurrection
Watch Prometh

Alien
Aliens
Alien 3

Alien 4: Resurrection is optional IMO.

The Alien vs. Predator movies are both alright, nothing special.