Hey Sup Forums! I know some of you guys are big Plas fans...

Hey Sup Forums! I know some of you guys are big Plas fans, and I thought you'd like to know that Comixology is having a big Plastic Man sale. Some really good shit there, and some of it is kinda hard to find. I particularly recommend Kyle Baker's run, they're my favorite Plastic Man comics, period.

Oh, and of course, I should mention the reason for the sale. Plastic Man's turning 75!

Let's have a Plas thread to celebrate. Let's talk about our favorite Plas comics and cartoons, and even that creepy-ass live action Plas segments or the movie that never saw the light of the day. Will he ever get a new ongoing? Who knows!

Someone should storytime the injustice plastic man issue

This smells like a shill.
An excellent point, but still a shill.

if a shill tells you about a good deal for something you might be interested in, have you been tricked?

I really gotta catch up on Injustice.

Man I wish I got paid to spread the love for my favorite characters.

I literally DO IT FOR FREE.

I don't know, and it kinda pisses me off.

>That Plastic Man cartoon starring Tom Kenny will never get picked up.

This is my problem with smart advertising. On one hand, I hate that my info is being sold to shady corps. On the other hand, goddamn is it nice only seeing stuff I'm interested in.

At least we did get those DC Nation shorts. I'm sad DC Nation stopped being a thing, it was fucking neat.

I really want Suriano to get another Plas gig at some point, even if it's a one-shot comic. I really dig his take on the propety, he's perfect for it.

Hey quick question has Plas appeared in Nu52 yet? I know they set up his origin in a Justice League issue but nothing has come out of it.

After what they did to him in Flashpoint i'm kinda happy DC has forgotten about him for the time being to be honest

I kinda like the idea that has been kicked around in that Plas is one of the most dangerous beings in the DC universe that was explored in (Grrrr) Flashpoint and much better in Injustice and JLA

As far as required reading.

Police Comics archives is a must. Jack Cole is very much and underrated giant
JLA - Morrison, Waid and Kelly really wrote him well and all hit on the fact really makes a great foil for Batman. Every panel with them bantering was gold
The small Mini by Phil Foligno and Hillary Barta was good and gave him a post crisis introduction and gave a interesting perspective on how he sees the world
And of course the Kyle Baker run that was great
He was also a member of the All Star Squadron

I don't think he has, aside from his JLI cameo and the Justice League issue you mentioned. Unless you count Convergence.

Those are all really good recommendations. I'd like to add Green Lantern/Plastic Man: Weapons of Mass Deception. It's a single issue and I thought it was very good.

Is there ANYONE in the DC universe that could actually defeat Plastic Man?

I just found out Plastic Man is going to be in Justice Lague: Action. So that's pretty cool.

I was hoping Tom Kenny would reprise the role, but he's actually being voiced by Kevin Conroy, which I think is fucking weird.

bump for that funnyguy

Fuck writers that use Plastic man only to just have him stretch his neck.

Yeah. that's what elongated man is for.

It's a good show of Conroy's range at least.

most writers don't use him at all...

bunp

Shots fired

Some fanart.

Plastic Man really doesn't work for me outside of cartoon style, it's just kinda grotesque to see melty flesh.

One thing I never understood about Plastic Man was his feet. Why does he bend his feet into a refuse shoe shape? It bugs me out.

Does everyone agree that Johnny Knoxville would be the best guy to play Plas in live action?

>Plas not having his goggles over his eyes
Feels weird.

Neat stuff.

I kinda like it. It's very interesting visually.

I'd be alright with that. As long as Danny DeVito gets to play Woozy.

If it had gotten a second season, would we have seen Plastic Man? How would Plas translate to CGI?

He might have beem a little redundant with Metamorpho around.

Plas sounds like he would too expensive for a CG show like Beware the Batman to pull off.

Which is why it's mega frustrating when he's boring as hell in one of his few appearances.

I think most people simply lack the creative insanity needed to make him interesting. I mean, he can take any shape and form and move them around freely all the time. It would probably be unsettling/annoying as fuck talking to him.

I hate how the speech bubbles look over this drawings, it just doesnt fit