Is this worth watching?

Is this worth watching?

Other urls found in this thread:

go90.com/shows/babylon5
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes. Season 1 is mostly pretty bad, but it gets good by Season 2 and stays fucking amazing until the end of Season 4.

I like it.

Yes, just skip season 1.

"No."

Definitely don't skip.

>Season 1 is mostly pretty bad
Fact checking this claim.

>Midnight on the Firing Line
Great episode.
>Soul Hunter
Didn't like this one.
>Born to the Purple
Don't remember this one.
>Infection
This one was stupid but kind of funny.
>The Parliament of Dreams
Terrible episode.
>Mind War
This one was pretty cool.
>The War Prayer
lol racism
>And the Sky Full of Stars
Eh, it was alright.
>Deathwalker
I liked this one.
>Believers
meme episode
>Survivors
I don't remember this one.
>By Any Means Necessary
muh unions I liked this episode
>Signs and Portents
Top tier.
>TKO
Another good one.
>Grail
Fuck you, I liked it.
>Eyes
Lennier vs motorcycle is classic B5
>Legacies
Good.
>A Voice in the Wilderness (Part 1)
>A Voice in the Wilderness (Part 2)
I don't remember these episodes
>Babylon Squared
Top tier.
>The Quality of Mercy
Pretty good.
>Chrysalis
Top tier.

Analysis:
Good: 11
Bad: 3
Tweener: 5
Don't recall: 4

lol fuck off with this meme.

season 1 isn't amazing but it's not bad, and there's a lot of character/world building that you'd miss.

it's not like TNG with loads of stand-alone throwaway episodes that you can just discard most of them without missing important shit.

Absolutely one of the best shows in TV history.

*Tweener: 4
So it looks like an even split between the Good category and everything else, though Don't Recalls could tip it either way.

Season 1 is amazing, it sets up the entire show. It is sad that they have to change captains because the main actor was mentally ill and couldn't focus on the show... you can see him slowly losing focus in his acting abilities throughout the first season. Though, it really has a great transition into the second season and you'll seem him come back later on to finish his arch.

>Season 1 is mostly pretty bad

Shit taste.
Sinclair was cool till he literally went insane and left the show.

all actors are mentally ill

the first captain was great, i assumed all the seasons had him and i was well upset when i found out that wasnt the case.

DS9 is still the best space station kino though.

>DS9 is still the best space station kino though

Because it literally was Babylon 5. Paramount stole it from JMS.

DS9 has better production value, that's all.

I'm not taking a shit on it or anything, it's probably overall my favourite of the newer treks.

both fair points, but theres just an inherent comfyness to DS9 that i didnt get from B5

i love them both though

ds9 is pretty comfy

I don't like drama, space, science fiction, or hard science fiction.
is battlestar galactica for me? Looking for a new show to waste a lot of time on until Twin Peaks season 3.

SGU on the same level of Caprica
Voyager that high
SG-1 that high

It's amazing that it was kept a pretty tight secret that he was barely holding his shit together through that season. Dude was actively having to fight off his own mental hallucinations and losing.

Have you seen Human Giant?

Haven't heard of it.
just googled it, is it almost as good as WKUK? didn't like Aziz's standup

it's a real shame, most of the cast didn't know and thought he was just awkward and being difficult to work with like some cunt actors do, no idea he was actually going mental.

>you can see him slowly losing focus in his acting abilities throughout the first season
Nobody ever saw this or commented on it until the big reveal after the actor died.

I also don't like Aziz's standup. It's not as good as WKUK, but it's still pretty funny.

He also soldiered through it because he didn't want B5 to get canned by the network. A good man.

>Rick and Morty not Science Tier right above G-d Tier

You'll miss some glorious trolling by based Londo if you skip season 1.

>YWN be able to cheat at poker using your dick

>it's a Sinclair secretly meets with Londo and is forced out as a result episode

Why isn't Sup Forums posting in a babylon 5 thread? Any ideas about why this thread is languishing on page 9?

Sinclair wasn't the problem. G'kar was a sleazy pussy hound while his assistant was the cure to insomnia, Delenn had magic rings that were never seen again and she looked like a head of cabbage. The sets had very little depth and were poorly constructed. And the alien puppets... oh fuck the alien puppets.

The first season had the growing pains of a production on a small budget and with writers and actors trying to flesh out their characters. This happens to lots of series so it's not really a knock against B5 but still is the truth.

All five seasons are available for free streaming in the US. go90.com/shows/babylon5

It is very good because the story is ongoing. None of that "return to status quo" of Star Trek episodes where nothing that happens really matters. If something important happens in B5 it can change everything.

Holy shit, thanks user!

No, don't skip Season 1, at least not entirely.

SKIP SEASON ONE
DO NOT PAY ATTENTION TO TROLLS

bump because 50 bad threads were just made simultaneously

I think he means that in real life, the actor who played Sinclair actually had a mental health crisis and was having hallucinations/delusions so he had to leave as an actor

>play makebelieve for a living
>have hallucinations
>...have to leave?

Why is Outlaw Star and Cowboy Bebop on these lists like every time?

I'm watching this for the first time after being a huge DS9/general Star Trek fan. It's really good, I'm about done with season 2. Don't skip season 1, it's pretty important for lore.

As far as tone goes, I like how it's much more soap operaish than DS9, but I think that's a strength. The corny dialogue is pretty charming

Because it's the same list every time.

And because they don't have the patience to watch Lessons of the Galactic Historical Figures.

>Have a job
>Have hallucinations that make you unable to concentrate on work

I work with actors/narrators for a living and I think they're obnoxious, but if you're sick you can't work

Ahem.

What season 1 is, is "bumpy". The show definitely gets easier to watch as it goes on, but season 1 is required viewing because, if I'm not mistaken, every single S1 episode establishes at least one plot hook for the entire rest of the series.

Can we all agree pic related was the second shittiest character? Only Byron was worse.

It's more a case of season 4 being fucking amazing because it's essentially two seasons crammed into one so there are no breaks on the plot train. Season 5, though.

he was apparently mandated by the higher ups for some ungodly reason. I'm still amazed how JMS managed to pull off such an amazing intertwined story despite everything that was going down like unplanned actor departures and such.

I want to watch this but it seems all the torrent sites have been borkd and no where seems to stream it.

Worst main character COMING THROUGH.